** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

Non-League Predictions > February 24th

Darran

A decent day last Saturday with some big priced winners and hopefully the final Saturday of the month can be a winning one as well. I have 7 bets this weekend.

Previews to follow

Salford v Eastleigh

Eastleigh might have one or two key injury concerns going into this game, but they have to be backed to beat a Salford team who have pretty much been poor for 2 months now. In their last 10 league games they have picked up just 8 points and they would be in the relegation zone. They are hardly playing like the richest team in the division and clearly not like a team who are possible champions. What is really bizarre is that in this spell of 10 games they arguably put in their best two performances of the season when beating Wrexham and Leyton Orient at the start of the year. I thought Salford had made the wrong choice of manager and Graham Alexander is struggling to get his team to perform especially against the lesser sides in the division given they have lost to Braintree and Dover the last twice. He must be fairly close to the sack because if they aren't careful they might not even make the play-offs. Eastleigh are one of the form sides in the division and they would actually go above Salford should they win this game. The prices are clearly wrong here as they shouldn't be that far apart and Eastleigh have the 3rd best away record in the division.

Bradford Park Avenue v Chester

I have written plenty about BPA in recent weeks and they haven't won in 7 now. They were lucky to pick up a point against Altrincham last week and I think Chester are worth backing to beat them here. Granted Chester have only won twice in their last 9 games, but they have had a lot of injuries and they are coming out the other side of that. They were really impressive in beating Boston 4-1 last week and they should be capable of taking that performance and building on it here.

Dartford v Woking

I fancy 4 bets in the National League South this week starting with what is the pick of the games in the division. There is every chance this could be a feisty affair as when they played the reverse fixture earlier in the month Woking ended the game with 9 men and Dartford got their winner deep into injury time. Granted Woking have only lost 1 game away in the league all season, but I think it is worth backing them to lose their 2nd here. Dartford are really strong at home themselves having only lost twice and one of those was against Torquay who they played very well against. I don't think their is much between these two sides and their is set to be a big crowd for this. It is clearly no gimmie, but I reckon the value certainly is with the home side. 

Hungerford v Welling

Welling are looking like two different sides at the moment. At home they have won 12 drawn 2 and lost 2, whilst they beat Torquay in South East London last weekend. Away from home though they have won just 4, drawn 3 and lost 8. In 8 away games on the trot they picked up just 1 point before beating Oxford City in their last away match. That says little though given how bad form they are in at the moment. Hungerford are in the relegation zone at the moment, but they are showing signs that they can get themselves out of it. At home they have been pretty strong of late, bar a couple of blips, and they thrashed St Albans 5-0 in their last home game. They should have won last week at Chippenham as well but they had a man (possibly wrongly) sent off when 2 up and they ended up drawing. If Welling played like they did against Torquay last week they would win this, but clearly away from home they are a very different beast and Hungerford look over priced here.

Oxford City v Billericay

I opposed Oxford last week with Truro which was a winning bet and I think they are worth opposing again against a bang in form Billericay. As I mentioned the other week when I put up Billericay when they beat Slough, they look an improved side under Harry Wheeler. City have picked up just 1 point in their last 7 games now and Billericay have won 4 on the bounce since Wheeler came back to manage them. Their only 2 losses away from home in their last 10 away games was when they were in woeful form over Christmas and they look value at odds against to pick up another 3 points as they try to get themselves back into the title picture.

St Albans v Truro

St Albans' form is all over the place as it was last season and they are likely to be too inconsistent again to get into the play-offs. They have only managed to beat Hampton in their last 6 games (and they are bad having seen them in the flesh last week), although as if to prove my point about how inconsistent they are they have drawn with Woking in that spell. I have long suspected that Truro were going to pull themselves away from the relegation zone and as mentioned above they won for us last week. Truro have lost their last 3 away games, but they have played Welling, Chippenham and Billericay so they have been tough games. I think they have a much better chance than the odds suggest here.

Corinthian Casuals v Margate

Into the Bostik Premier and I thought about putting up Margate last week as the arrival of Jay Saunders as manager was a very good sign for me. It is worth pointing out that he could have been a Football League manager as Macclesfield wanted him in the summer, but he turned them down. Maidstone then sacked him not long into the season and I bet they are wishing they hadn't now as they look almost certain to go down. So Margate have got themselves a good manager and they are ones to keep an eye on for next season as Saunders would not have gone their if they didn't want to be in the promotion hunt next season. They won last week against bang in form Brightlingsea and I fancy them here to overcome a Casuals side who have lost 4 games on the bounce.

Eastleigh 1pt @ 15/4 with Bet365 and Marathon

Chester 1pt @ 23/10 with Betfair and Paddy Power

Dartford 1pt @ 68/25 with Marathon

Hungerford 1pt @ 3/1 with BetVictor

Billericay 2.5pts @ 11/8 with BetVictor

Truro 1pt @ 3/1 with Unibet

Margate 1pt @ 19/10 with BetVictor and Boylesports

Edited by Darran

Hartlepool vs Bromley (1) DNB 1.93 1u

Hartlepool's last home game was against Leyton Orient and they were the better side that should have won. Today, against Bromley whose away record isn't much to shout about, Hartlepool should prevail and continue its resurging form.

Braintree vs Aldershot (2) +0.5 1.78 1u

This line is much too generous IMO as these two teams are very close in quality. Some young players in Braintree's lineup also.