** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Non-League Predictions > Boxing Day

Darran

Saturday was a case of so close yet so far. None of the teams lost their games and having caught up with what happened in the games I think only the Stockport match is the only one where the team we were on didn't deserve the 3 points. It continues the frustrating run of form though which is annoying. Boxing Day is always a busy day of football and I have 5 bets throughout the leagues.

Wrexham v Salford

The fact Aldershot's keeper got the man of the match award tells you all you need to know about their game with Wrexham as they couldn't get past him. Back at the Racecourse though I think they can pick up 3 points on Saturday and at the very least are value to do so. Only Leyton Orient have won there this season and even then it took two late goals to nick it. With Salford under performing at the moment this could be a good chance for them to go above them in the table. I was surprised they lost to Dagenham on Saturday and they probably didn't deserve to, but having gone a goal up they really should have put the game to bed. This will be a much tougher game for them and having lost two league games on the bounce it might just be the right time for Wrexham to be facing them. Betway go 2/1 about a home win and I would make Wrexham slight favs for this.

Havant & Waterlooville v Eastleigh

Big local derby this, but I fancy the away side to come out on top. Eastleigh's away form is much better than their away, but they managed to even win at home on Saturday when coming from behind to beat Harrogate 2-1 which was a very good result. Eastleigh had won 5 away games on the bounce prior to their 2-0 lose at Wrexham in their last league game away, but as pointed out above their is no disgrace in that. Now Havant have won 4 home league games on the bounce scoring 16 goals in the process, but they have played the bottom 3 sides and Halifax who have only won one away game all season. This is a huge step up in opposition compared to those 4 and they are suffering for injuries going into this game. They got a solid draw at Hartlepool on Saturday, but they suffered 3 injuries in the process. I think Eastleigh's price of 11/8 with William Hill and Betfred offers fair value.

Woking v Hampton & Richmond (National League South)

Not sure there is a great deal of value around at Step 2 on Boxing Day, but this match really sticks out for me as I really fancy the home side. Hampton surprised me when they beat Welling recently but hopefully we can get or money back here. They were well beaten by Torquay on Saturday and I still think they are a side who might get sucked into a relegation battle. Having faced the top team they now have to face the 2nd team in Woking who were superb on Saturday. Yes Billericay have lost a few players, but they still have a really strong side and Woking were really impressive in beating them 4-0. That had been their toughest test for a while in the league but they overcame it with ease and they are now unbeaten in 6 having won 5 of them. I think Woking should be at least 4/6 for this so the fact they are even money with Marathon surprises me and looks huge value.

Lancaster v Workington (Evo-Stik Northern Premier)

Lancaster started the season in really poor form, but they are working their way away from the relegation zone and they have lost just 3 in their last 10 league matches now. They very nearly beat South Shields on Saturday as well, but having scored in the 87th minute the away side levelled in the 90th. Workington have won just 3 games all season and just one of those have come in the last 10 games. Away from home they have picked up just 2 points all season and things won't have been helped by the fact both central defenders were sent off after the final whistle in the 3-2 defeat to Scarborough on Saturday. BetVictor's 7/5 about a home win looks well worth taking.

Stafford v Nantwich (Evo-Stik Northern Premier)

Nantwich are top of the table and although that is partly because they have played more games than some of those below them they have still lost just 3 league games this season and only one of those have been in the last 10 games. Their only away defeat of the season came against South Shields in their first away game of the season. Stafford had gone 6 home games without a win before beating Hednesford in their last home match, but that doesn't say much as they have only picked up 1 point in their 6 games and won just 1 of their last 10. I'm surprised that Nantwich aren't shorter than 7/5 (BetVictor) for this as they look by far the most likely winners.

Tonbridge Angels v Folkestone Invicta (Bostik Premier)

The away side look a huge price at 9/4 (Marathon and BetVictor). Angels started the season very strongly, but lately things have been mostly miserable. They have lost 5 out of their last 6 games and although they sit in 5th position they look anything but play-off contenders at the moment. They haven't played a league game since December 11th so they will be fresher given Folkestone played at the weekend, but on the other-hand they will be rusty having not played a league game for 2 weeks and given Invicta are in good form this is a very tough first game back. They have only lost to top of the table Haringey, who are really flying at the moment, in their last 6 games and they have won 4 of them. Granted their away form as they have lost 5 of their last 7 on the road, but they have a real chance here of picking up 3 points and I would have them shorter than 9/4.

Wrexham 1pt @ 2/1 with Betway

Eastleigh 2pts @ 11/8 with William Hill and Betfred

Woking 4pts @ Evs with Marathon

Lancaster 2pts @ 7/5 with BetVictor

Nantwich 2pts @ 7/5 with BetVictor

Folkestone 1pt @ 9/4 with Marathon and BetVictor 

Maidenhead vs Aldershot (1) DNB 1.70 sbobet 1u

Aldershot were very lucky last game vs Wrexham, having only a single shot on target and were able to come away with a point with such a poor showing. Maidenhead's record against lower-mid table teams are decent, and i reckon them to have a better chance than odds suggest. 

Barrow v AFC Fylde (2) -0.25 1.80 1u

Fylde's away record is very strong, while Barrow's home records are quite erratic. Fylde had a nice game vs Ebbsfleet after a disappointing game against Dover. I believe they have what it takes to triumph over Barrow.

Sutton vs Bromley (1) -0.25 1.70 1u

Bromley's away form is really bad, Sutton are a tough team to beat at home, and should have too much for Bromley. Sutton to win is my call.