Racing Chat - Tuesday 28th Aug

405 Ripon

Brother McGonagal 12/1 PP

Noted this one running on after getting a bit behind last time, finished 6th clear of the rest and just noted it for next time. This race looks less demanding to me and the Easterby horses tend to be aimed at handicaps here. Decent EW bet and i'll be surprised if its 12/1.

EPSOM

2.10    Capla Gilda (nap)   11-2

2.45    Cape Islay    9-4

3.15    Desert Frost    7-4

3.50    Amanto    7-2

4.20    Pastoral Player    6-1

4.55    Camomile Lawn   11-4

5.25    Rotherhithe   7-4

15 hours ago, BillyHills said:

405 Ripon

Brother McGonagal 12/1 PP

Noted this one running on after getting a bit behind last time, finished 6th clear of the rest and just noted it for next time. This race looks less demanding to me and the Easterby horses tend to be aimed at handicaps here. Decent EW bet and i'll be surprised if its 12/1.

A tricky race, it was a bit of a laboured 6th place. Only running on through tired horses and was never getting to the front 5. However as you mentioned a less demanding race. I’ve had a go on Grandee as it likes Ripon, down in grade and has the assistance of them cheeky peices! On a winnable mark as well. Only a win bet for me at the price of 7/1 in an open contest.

8 minutes ago, godofhorses said:

A tricky race, it was a bit of a laboured 6th place. Only running on through tired horses and was never getting to the front 5. However as you mentioned a less demanding race. I’ve had a go on Grandee as it likes Ripon, down in grade and has the assistance of them cheeky peices! On a winnable mark as well. Only a win bet for me at the price of 7/1 in an open contest.

Why do have to go against one of my selections all the time?

Do you get a kick out of it when you get one over on me or something:lol

60 races a day, Pick your own !

5:30 Ballinrobe - The Irregular - 1pt win 28/1 WH

Backed from double figure price into 9/2 last time out in a beginners chase but finished down the field. Back over hurdles today and normally more competitive in weaker races than this but most of the top of the handicap are out of form, back from breaks or hard to win with. Went close over a furlong further on this course last year August, hopefully can run a big race today. 

7:30 Ballinrobe - Plouios - 1pt win 15/2 WH

Henry de Bromhead seems to have a good recent record of first time chasers running well in beginner/novice company so I’ll chance this son of Milan to run well today. Won a maiden hurdle comfortably at Kilbeggan on soft ground over 2m3 in May, up to 2m7 today but I’ll chance him to run well in what looks a weak race today. 

54 minutes ago, BillyHills said:

Why do have to go against one of my selections all the time?

Do you get a kick out of it when you get one over on me or something:lol

60 races a day, Pick your own !

Lol not that at all! I do however look at Everyone’s tip  to see if I agree on any of them! I have agreed on some! Mainly from Evil, YSM and Richard lol

its a democracy!

1 hour ago, nickf88 said:

5:30 Ballinrobe - The Irregular - 1pt win 28/1 WH

Backed from double figure price into 9/2 last time out in a beginners chase but finished down the field. Back over hurdles today and normally more competitive in weaker races than this but most of the top of the handicap are out of form, back from breaks or hard to win with. Went close over a furlong further on this course last year August, hopefully can run a big race today. 

7:30 Ballinrobe - Plouios - 1pt win 15/2 WH

Henry de Bromhead seems to have a good recent record of first time chasers running well in beginner/novice company so I’ll chance this son of Milan to run well today. Won a maiden hurdle comfortably at Kilbeggan on soft ground over 2m3 in May, up to 2m7 today but I’ll chance him to run well in what looks a weak race today. 

Good luck with those, I watch the Irish racing but must admit I dont know some of the smaller tracks at all so I find it difficult to read some of the form.

:ok

Cheers BH. The Irregular gone out to 50/1 with WH at the moment, gone in again but each way this time. Don’t think it’s a 50/1 chance anyway even if it doesn’t run well today. Last time out it was backed with Geraghty aboard and ran poorly as I thought it may and couldn’t understand the market support. Today I think it has a decent each way chance back over hurdles and is 50/1 :lol

20 hours ago, BillyHills said:

230 Ripon

Clenymistra 1/1 bet365

Left too much to do and had traffic problems last time in a much better race, should beat these although for some this will be the horse to oppose as per usual, cant blame them. lol

Well done, nice drift too :ok