** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Darts : World Matchplay

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Darts : World Matchplay From what I remember Lewis only averaged in the mid 80s but did look pretty good at times. Ovens would have had to lay badly not to beat an out of sorts Steve Beaton. I think the bookies have this priced about right, although an interesting fact is that Lewis leads Ovens 6-0 H2H, but I'm not sure about the relevance of that in darts. Also Ovens has gone out in round 2 of 4 of the last 5 World Matchplays. Ronnie Baxter should beat Dave Askew comfortably, but you never know with Baxter, and it seems whenever I back him he throws in one of his inexplicably poor performances. I'll be hoping for an Askew win so I can back against him in round 3. In the first round I like Alex Roy to beat Dennis Priestley, purely because he is a player who loves a battle, and that's exactly what this one will be. Probably go to extra legs, but I see Roy outlasting Priestley. Bob Anderson is a player who always seems to big too big a price, and that looks the case again against an unpredictable Peter Manley.

Re: Darts : World Matchplay Priestley v Roy - Close to the jump Priestley was out to 2.30 with Betfair. I'm on at evens and am thinking he must have the flu or something. I don't know much about the Darts myself so was there any good reason for his price drifting like that?

Re: Darts : World Matchplay :lol :lol Its to do with the points system deepblue, Lloyd plays virtually every tournament on the circuit whereas Taylor only really plays a few and concentrated on the big TV tournys. Lloyd wins enough of these "floor tournaments" to get enough points to make him number 1, also I think Taylor is far more beatable on the floor away from the TV cameras.

Re: Darts : World Matchplay Mardle v Dudbridge Mardle was very impressive against Sams, but Sams only hit a 78.67 average, so there was absolutely no pressure being put on Mardle. Dudbridge did ok, but will need to improve. If the first round games are anything to go by this should be 180s galore, so a buy of them @ 11.4 might be the bet. Taylor v Priestley Don't really see any decent bets for this one, should be comfortable for Taylor Manley v Jenkins Manley might have been lucky to get through against Anderson, who averaged 95.67 against Manley's 89.63. Bet of the night has to be Jenkins to score more 180s than the man with the fat darts @ 4/5. Those darts are just too big for all to fit in the treble on a regular basis.

Re: Darts : World Matchplay Agree with the Manley 180's call, 4/5 looks a decent price on Jenkins as he can hit a few. Bet of the night for me is Mardle, he played very well agaisnt Lionel and Mark Dudbridge although doing well here in the past hasnt had any real form to talk of for a while, I find the 1.60+ being given for Mardle very good as I was expecting 1.44ish. Was tempting by the handicap on Taylor but Dennis's slow play might put off Phil so I think I'll leave it.

Re: Darts : World Matchplay Got to agree with your Jenkins bet though dave, and I'm on it. :ok 10pts Win Jenkins to score more 180's than Manley at 1.80 Stan James As already stated by dave, Jenkins is good value here as he does hit a few generally, and the size of Manley's bombs will always be a problem going for max's. :ok