** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

PL 2 - The Championship Continues (and league update!)

Jezza

Hi Guys, Have updated the league + money standings from the first PL Season 2 game - check the sticky at the top if you are interested. Apologies for it taking a week but I have only just got back to my computer :) Tonights game should be good....I am away to sign up now and see if I can hold onto top spot! Jez

Re: PL 2 - The Championship Continues (and league update!)

Hi Guys, Tonights game should be good....I am away to sign up now and see if I can hold onto top spot! Jez
Watch out jez... Im planning on double up my points today... :lol:lol:nana

Re: PL 2 - The Championship Continues (and league update!) Congrats to DubCee....the winner of game 2 season 2.... I had a terrible game, I got absolutely nothing for the first few blind levels - I think I raised with K10 once and won the blinds, that was it. Eventually with the big blind 150 I raised to 450 to go with Q10hearts in late position, I was reraised and seeing as I only had another 500 more I wasnt really going to throw it away - id rather gamble and try and get some chips than be blinded down too far. The reraiser had AK...a king flopped and that was it :o I think the heads up at the end lasted 1 hand exactly :lol....congrats to MrM and GotAFancy as well..... Jez

Re: PL 2 - The Championship Continues (and league update!) :clap :clap :clap Well done Dub Cee, and well done to GotAFancy and MrM for getting into the money. I didn't have a very good game myself Jez, I can't remember a tournament where I have had so few good cards............. pocket 9's and Ak a couple of times early on were the best hands i had whole game:( The QJs I got knocked out with was actually about the best hand I had on the final table:lol (though i did have K-10o once .......does that count as better?:lol )I'm just glad no-one called all my other all-ins :lol

Re: PL 2 - The Championship Continues (and league update!) Cheers guys was pretty lucky throughout to be honest got off to a good start where i managed to build up a bit of an early bank then just kept on building with a bit of bullying and a bit of luck mixed together got the breaks when i needed them especially the last 2 hands, think i had pocket pairs for both of them. The last hand i had 7s and gotafancy went all in, thought he was just trying to steal my blind so called and he never caught owt on the board. as i said on the bragging thread thats my 1st tourney win and my biggest cash win so i'm well happy especially with some of the quality players on the PL!!! anyway thanks to all who took part and the organisers great job i'll try and make the next tourney although i usually find i'm busy whenever there on, fingers crossed i'll be free

Re: PL 2 - The Championship Continues (and league update!) Well Done Dub Cee, you were looking good from the off tonight. Also well played to the other prize winners. Never really got going myself and like Jezza decided to twist my arm before the blinds got me. Thats Poker! Thanks to all BH (MonteCeco)

Re: PL 2 - The Championship Continues (and league update!)

Oh yeah and laidbackbloke i was close to calling you a few times when you kept going all in' date=' think it must've been about 3 or 4 on the trot at one stage!![/quote']laugh4.giflaugh4.giflaugh4.gif I didn't really have any choice as the blinds were about to wipe me out laugh4.gif If I'd actually had a decent starting hand, I might have managed to do a houdini and double up........ but it wasn't to becry.gif

Re: PL 2 - The Championship Continues (and league update!) Well done Dub Cee :clap I managed to see the final few minutes of the tourney but fully intended to play tonight, and would`ve done if it wasn`t for some unexpected visitors knocking my door 5 minutes before kick off. :@ Some people eh ?, no fookin manners :wall

Re: PL 2 - The Championship Continues (and league update!) well done Dub-Cee clap.gifclap.gif didn't make any show myself and never got going. took a chance in an all-in after the flop holding 4 hearts but didn't draw any and a pair of something miserable like 8's took me out. Made up for it later by taking out the GREATEST EVER opening hand in a MTT EVER !!!!! Have a look at the "What are the odds on this???" thread and you'll see what i mean laugh4.giflaugh4.giflaugh4.gif

Re: PL 2 - The Championship Continues (and league update!) Well Played clap.gif An impressive performance. The hand you knocked me out on and apologised for being lucky with - I have just checked the odds and you were 55% favourite with the open ended staight draw and flush draw (I didn't know the odds of that before) so no luck involved.