** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Juddmonte International - York

Hi All,

I'm new to the forum so looking forward to meeting everyone.

I'm off to the Ebor meeting next week and i'm interested to hear everyone's views on the Juddmonte International race - Wednesday 22nd Aug.

I personally am a huge fan of Poets Word, particularly after his performance vs Crystal Ocean last time out! I've had a large antepost bet at 5/2 and praying that we don't see too much rain (as much as I'd LOVE to see Cracksman run)

It's still a question mark over exactly which horses will be running but i've taken a punt on Poets Word.

Views??

Hi @bigbossleroy

Welcome to the forum.

I love the Ebor Festival but unfortunately wont be going this year.

A lot will depend on the ground as far as selections are concerned but it looks like a quality fixture once again

Dont forget we have a competition running through the 4 days of the York meeting.

Details will appear very soon:ok

Good luck

Alastair - That is an interesting stat - unfortunately, i've always loved this horse and maybe it's heart over head more than anything (often a dangerous way to live in the betting world)

Billy - So you're telling me it's the same as every other track :D 6 deep at every bar and £6 a pint? ;) 

3 hours ago, bigbossleroy said:

Alastair - That is an interesting stat - unfortunately, i've always loved this horse and maybe it's heart over head more than anything (often a dangerous way to live in the betting world)

Billy - So you're telling me it's the same as every other track :D 6 deep at every bar and £6 a pint? ;) 

Put your trust in Sir Michael ! If he is there on the day then you may have a decent bet

It's nearly always a great race is the International

I suppose connections are now looking to the end of the season and stud values

So you get the 3yo Milers trying 10 furlongs to prove a bit a of versatility and the 3yo 12 furlong horses going back to 10f to prove that they're not just plodders

Not sure which 3yo are going to turn up though which might devalue it a bit as obviously the Derby winner is out for the season

You usually get the top older horses available because this is one of the races that they stay in training for

As a bonus I think the race contributed to my biggest ever win when I had 3 horses up in a Yankee, all at good odds, one of the years that Ezzoud won it in the early 90s

Yeah this is true - It's one of my favourites of the year (and i'm mainly a national hunt fan not flat!)

Saxon Warrior has just been confirmed which is good - i'd love to see Cracksman in the flesh but doesn't look likely we'll see enough rain for that to happen.

I believe Poets will come here and then Sir Michael will go to the Breeders then possibly Hong Kong.