Poker music

WorkingForTheEnemy

Does anyone like to listen to music while playing? If so, are there certain songs you like on your playlist? Songs to maybe relax you or help you focus. Playing right now and a song thats come up on winamp that seems rather appropiate is Lose Yourself - Eminem. Perfect for helping focus on the goal at the end. Anyone else got any songs they like to have playing while theyre at the table?

Re: Poker music I have found recently that listening to music really does stop me getting bored and restless during long tournaments. I dont like it on too loud or else I start singing along to it and losing track so Motorhead is definatly one to keep in the car :lol I am listening to Coldplay at the moment.

Re: Poker music Right on tipster that's a great piece for starting up your game. I find classical music helps me concentrate, or makes me think of myself as cultured, or both. Some required listening: Money-pink floyd Message-Grandmaster flash. not sure why i like this one, might be the 'i'm trying not to lose my head' bit. I think songs without lyrics work the best, like the chemical brothers, where you can sort of hypnotise yourself into a groove, or santana and royksopps Melody AM.

Re: Poker music The poker warm up: Sit in lotus position muttering OM under your breath for 5 minutes to focus your attention. see demo here: http://www.pokerplayer.se/images/phil3.jpg Spend next 5 minutes muttering your poker mantra. Some suggestions: "I am a lucky player. A powerful winning force surrounds me" "I am Doyle Brunson" Feel free you experiment until you find something that works for you. Tune your mind into a poker playing mindset: Beastie Boys-Skills to pay the bills. Let battle commence For when some villian has stolen your stack with a rivered gunshot, and you just know that it's all rigged. Beastie Boys- Sabotage. He's done it again, you're broke, down and out, wondering why you ever began playing that evil, heart wrenching game, and the missus has left you because you spent 16 hours a day hypnotised by cards. The Smiths - I know it's all over Is there a song that sums up no-limit poer like Dire Straits -The Bug?

Re: Poker music THERE'S A VOICE, THAT KEEPS ON CALLING ME. DOWN THE ROAD, IS WHERE I'LL ALWAYS BE. EVERY STOP I MAKE, I'LL MAKE A NEW FRIEND. CAN'T STAY FOR LONG, JUST TURN AROUND AND I'M GONE AGAIN. MAYBE TOMORROW, I'LL WANNA SETTLE DOWN, UNTIL TOMORROW, I'LL JUST KEEP MOVING ON DOWN THIS ROAD, THAT NEVER SEEMS TO END, WHERE NEW ADVENTURE, LIES JUST AROUND THE BEND SO IF YOU WANNA JOIN ME FOR A WHILE, JUST GRAB YOUR HAT, COME TRAVEL LIGHT, THAT'S HOBO STYLE. MAYBE TOMORROW, I'LL WANT TO SETTLE DOWN, UNTIL TOMORROW, THE WHOLE WORLD IS MY HOME SO IF YOU WANNA JOIN ME FOR A WHILE, JUST GRAB YOUR HAT, COME TRAVEL LIGHT, THAT'S HOBO STYLE. MAYBE TOMORROW, I'LL WANT TO SETTLE DOWN, UNTIL TOMORROW, I'LL JUST KEEP MOVING ON. Instrumental Bridge MAYBE TOMORROW, I'LL WANT TO SETTLE DOWN, UNTIL TOMORROW, I'LL JUST KEEP MOVING ON. THERE'S A WORLD, THAT'S WAITING TO UNFOLD, A BRAND NEW TALE, NO ONE HAS EVER TOLD, WE'VE JOURNEY'D FAR BUT, YOU KNOW IT WON'T BE LONG, WE'RE ALMOST THERE AND WE'VE PAID OUR FARE, WITH THE HOBO SONG. MAYBE TOMORROW, I'LL WANT TO SETTLE DOWN, UNTIL TOMORROW, I'LL JUST KEEP MOVING ON. SO IF YOU WANNA JOIN ME FOR A WHILE, JUST GRAB YOUR HAT, COME TRAVEL LIGHT, THAT'S HOBO STYLE. MAYBE TOMORROW I'LL FIND WHAT I CALL HOME, UNTIL TOMORROW, YOU KNOW I'M FREE TO ROAM.

• 3 weeks later...

Re: Poker music

My latest tune for playing when Im owning a table is' date=' You're the best around from the Karate Kid Soundtrack[/quote'] Thankfully that one appears to have passed me by :lol After a good afternoon at the cash tables I've got a new winning tune as well .................... The theme tune to 633 squadron ............. I'm happily pom poming along as i type :lol

Re: Poker music What? The karate kid has passed you by. I thought everyone had seen the greatest story ever told. With the highly original American film plot of an underdog winning against all odds and the equally original chorus to the stand out tune on the soundtrack. 'You're the best around, nothings ever going to keep you down' (repeat 20 times) In most trailer parks in America this song is widely regarded as the unofficial national anthem. Classic Yankee inspirational rock.... cant beat it.