** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

French Flat

Well done Striker !

Big race in France on Sunday - the group 1 Jean Prat

This used to be the race where the 3yo Guineas horses from England, Ireland & France would face off before they all moved into the all aged group mile races

But from last year they reduced it to 7 furlongs and moved from Longchamp to Deauville so I'm not sure what it is for now

Anyway Pinatubo is running so that adds a bit of interest !

Pinatubo looks like he might just be falling short as a 3 year old ...... one of the commentators when he last ran said he hadn't grown much since last year and could be that he peaked at two relative to his age group

There's a couple of others of interest

Alson was pretty good at 2 - won a group one race at the back end of the season over todays trip of 7 furlongs. Made his seasonal debut in the French 2000 Gns and finished 3rd, under 2 lengths behind Victor Ludorum. With that run under his belt he could be ready to strike again at the top level

There's also Molatham who won the Jersey at Royal Ascot. I expect that now the Jean Prat has been reduced to 7 furlongs we'll gradually see the Jersey as the natural stepping stone for the later developing types who miss the Guineas and Guineas Trials. Roger Varian's runner has won all 3 times he's run at 7 furlongs. I'm just convinced about this year's Jersey ..... you had one of O'Brien's lesser light finishing 2nd then 40/1 and 33/1 shots finishing 3rd and 4th. So I'm not convinced it was a good renewal

I'll stick with Alson and with Pinatubo well odds on everything else in the race is an EW price!

3.25 Deauville - Alson - EW at 12/1 Corals

• 1 month later...

That was a good run in 7th with all the "right" horses around him, as got strangled by Doyle early and then got switched to the far side which may not have been ideal

He is going to win one of these big handicaps and I know his "target" race is the Balmoral at Ascot on Champions day

Lots of UK & Irish raiders at Deauville today on the heavy ground which won't suit most one that it will in the 135 is the Queen's horse TACTICAL 2/1 , won on soft last time out so shouldn't have any problems with the going.

325 ASHRUN 14/1 bet365 ew   2nd 

Was beaten 1.75L here lto when not getting the rub of the green , doing all best work at the business end & gets 5Lb pull with Get Shirty 7/1 & looking at the prices this Germany l raider for me is overpriced , fancy to get placed again at double figure odds .

Edited by calva decoy
Updated results

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/20/2020 at 9:15 PM, Striker said:

That was a good run in 7th with all the "right" horses around him, as got strangled by Doyle early and then got switched to the far side which may not have been ideal

He is going to win one of these big handicaps and I know his "target" race is the Balmoral at Ascot on Champions day

Looks like Orbaan is having a sighter of the Balmoral CD tomorrow [7-1], and Jamie Spencer an interesting jockey booking

• 3 weeks later...

Looking like Orbaan is set to run on Saturday..again at Ascot and with Spencer aboard 

But it will be over the shorter distance of 7f, and for me it’s another sighter for the big mile handicap later.

Will though decide if declared tomorrow whether to play ante post on the Balmoral (currently 25-1) in case I’m wrong and an eye catching big run is on the cards at the weekend 

• 2 weeks later...