Racing Chat - Thursday Jan 11th

250 Leicester

Chasma 7/2 bet365

Mick Easterby is better known for his flat exploits but had a winner over jumps the other day as well as a couple on the AW so is in pretty good nick. Chasma won last time out but has been given 7 weeks off after winning at Southwell, he's been raised 5lbs for that and looks a very genuine sort. It looks a competitive race due to having 15 runners but when you look at it you could scrub out most of them immediately.

5:55 Chelmford TITAN GODESS  5/4 Bet365, Coral

Titan Godess is in the form of her life this winter. Lost out to a improver time before here at Chelmsford but won competitive event at Kempton last time out with any amount in hand. Carries 6lb penalty but the manner she won, this extra weight should not cause her any problems if turning up in the same form.

2.25 Newcastle Henpecked E.W 5/1 B365

Dont fancy a lot today so I will take a chance on an each way in this 9 runner class 6. Yes It was a while ago that this horse has run in a class 6. Likes the track and mark okay. I can see why Espengee is the favourite but I think this has a lively chance of beating it. I’ve gone for a bit of cover on the each way but I must admit it’s not a big bet.

4.35 Newcastle Compas Scoobie 3/1 B365

I will also have a small win bet on this horse. Very capable of beating this lot on its day. Down in class and I think on a very    winnable mark. There is lot of cross collateral form on offer which makes Aleef a lively danger. Although I would rather be eating Scooby Snacks! (I know a poor try at humour!)