** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Placepot info

Hi, new here so I'm not entirely sure on where to post this but hope I have it right.

I had the placepot at Bellewstown up tonight, and just I'm curious as to how the dividend is as low as it. According to the scoop6 tote info page, the total pool was £14,342 and there were 316.2 winning units, showing a £20.70 dividend to the pound. However, with the 30% deduction from the pool, this would mean the pot was £10,039.4. So, with the number of winning units being 316.2 shouldn't the placepot pay £31.75?

Using the dividend declared and the amount of winning units, the money used only totals £6,545.34?

I mean I'm happy winning £100 and all, I'm just curious to see what I'm missing here. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

IMG_0303.PNG

Edited by Phil007

14 minutes ago, Phil007 said:

Hi, new here so I'm not entirely sure on where to post this but hope I have it right.

I had the placepot at Bellewstown up tonight, and just I'm curious as to how the dividend is as low as it. According to the scoop6 tote info page, the total pool was £14,342 and there were 316.2 winning units, showing a £20.70 dividend to the pound. However, with the 30% deduction from the pool, this would mean the pot was £10,039.4. So, with the number of winning units being 316.2 shouldn't the placepot pay £31.75?

Using the dividend declared and the amount of winning units, the money used only totals £6,545.34?

I mean I'm happy winning £100 and all, I'm just curious to see what I'm missing here. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

IMG_0303.PNG

:welcome to PL @Phil007:ok 

I'll let the racing guys help with that, perhaps @BillyHills? ;) 

Its always been a bit of a mystery to me - the Irish Tote

On the tote site it says the pot was £13,753 not what the Scoop site is stating (14,342)

The 30% deduction on multi-pots is normally already done so i'm wondering about the Euro/Pound conversion.

ie: If you look at the Epsom placepot on the scoop site its just a straight case of dividing the pot by the winning units.

The rules state all dividends will be declared to 1 Euro but the results are displayed as pounds. Also the minimum tote bet is £2 so could it be that the dividend has something to do with that?

@Phil007

I have often wondered if a "place only" accumulator will typically pay more than the placepot. I suspect - yes.

I think it's worth doing a few trials. I believe the PP website allows multiple selections on each race, then gives the correct number of lines, but need to verify.

6 minutes ago, BillyHills said:

one decent result can make such a big difference in a pot based bet.

Understood that for a pot based bet at a big meeting, longshots will make a huge difference; but for a string of 1st, 2nd, 3rd favs, I feel the PO acca will beat.

Same as you, just a best guess!

Very strange, thanks for your info. I neve thought about the Euro conversion although it is baffling that the placepot fund is stated in pounds as well as the dividend. Could just be Fred juicing his books a little Ha

Thanks for your info