** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Israel Ligat Ha'al 2016/2017

Playoffs start today.

Hapoel Haifa - Hapoel Ashkelon Over 2 Goals @1.943 

A match from the lower league playoff. As I said last week, Ashkelon have fighiting spirit in them and they will fight until the end although experts have determined throughout the season that they are 100% relegating. After last week's 0-0 draw against Bnei Yehuda, Ashkelon rose from the last place and have 18 points. They are 3 points away from Kfar Saba who sits one place above them. A win today (and a loss of Kfar Saba) can place them outside the relegation zone. Their main problem is not creating chances, it's scoring. They have the worst offense in the league (alongside with Ashdod), scoring only 15 goals in 26 games. But it's moneytime now. They need to score if they want to stay and that's something coach Naim has been talking about in the last couple of weeks. In both meetings between the two teams in the regular season, goals have been scored: 

Hapoel Haifa - Ashkelon 3-1

Ashkelon - Hapoel Haifa - 3-2

So quarter of the total amount of goals Ashkelon scored this season, they score against Hapoel Haifa.

Haifa on the other hand have nothing to play for, maybe money, but they are 10 points away from relegation. Haifa will probably come to play freely and enjoy the game. After all, they are the better team on paper. 

• 3 weeks later...

Liga Leumit (2nd league)

Hapoel Ramat Gan - Hapoel Katamon 

Hapoel Katamon +0.5 @ 1.96  

Not an expert of the second leauge in Israel but this bet looks solid to me. Ramat Gan played the Israeli semi cup finals on Tuesday, losing 1-0 to Bne Yehuda from the first league and seeing their great cup journey ends without making it to the finals. So for them it will be the third match in 7 days. There are complaints over the interent by fans who say that the team should have been given more time to rest and that the game should have been postponed. Coach of Ramat Gan said: "In all fairness, the game should have taken place on Sunday, I will improvise with the players that I have". He said that because Ramat Gan will miss a few regualrs. The two centerbacks of the team are suspended, both also contributed some goals so should be a big loss. Moreover, the wingback who should have open in the center of defence to replace them, pulled a muscle and won't be able to play as well. On top of that, the team have 3 more players who are doubtful for this match.

Katamon on the hand are a solid away team and are coming fresh to this encounter. They have already lost twice to Ramat Gan this season and in my opinion it is always difficult to win an opponent 3 times in a single season. Game takes place in less than 5 hours and I believe we will see odds starting to shift sometime soon.

Edited by Setup

Another bet from Liga Leumit:

Hapoel Ramat Gan DNB @ 1.50
Hapoel Ramat Gan simply must win if they want to keep their chances of qualifying to the first league. They are currently 3rd with 53 points, 4 points from Netanya and Ako, both with 57 points. What will definitely cheer Ramat Gan's players is the the fact that AKo and Netanya will play each other, so if Ramat Gan win they will surley decrease the margin.
Nazareth have nothing to play for but just in case I took the dnb.

Kiryat Shmona - Hapoel Raanana, Double Chance 2X @ 1.67

Since the start of the playoffs both teams have been underperforming with Kiryat Shmona losing twice in a row before a 1-1 draw with Ashdod. Raanana have 2 losses and a win. Kiryat Shmona have practically finished their season with a margin of 12 points from the relegation zone and this is the main reason they are playing so weak. Coach Kashtan wanted to fine the players in order to shake them up but owner of the club didn't authorize so coach decided to play with a few youngsetrs. Raanana are starting to feel the heat as they are 7 points from relegation and they know the must start play better and get points.

Edited by Setup

Hapoel Ashkelon DNB @ 1.62

A critical match for the home team. They now have one point margin from relegation zone with 25 points. The two last places are Hapoel Tel Aviv with 24 points and Hapoel Kfar Saba with 22 points. So it seems the suspense will keep going till the end. In my opinion Hapoel Kfar Saba will relegate because they are the weakest team in the league. So the main battle is between Ashkelon and Hapeol Tel Aviv. In order to put pressure or play mind games Hapoel Tel Aviv requested from the board of the league to send investigators to make sure that nothing fishy will happen in this match. The request was denied. In Israel the public is invested heavily on the home team which led to odds on home team going down to @ 1.9 and probably will keep going during the day. Bnei Yehuda are quite safe after winning last week and have 31 points. Ashkelon know it's in their hands (or legs) and should attack from the start. Last meeting ended a 0-0 draw so I took no risks. Ashkelon (-0.25) @ 1.9 is also a solid bet imo.

Maccabi Haifa +0.25 @ 1.73           

Two teams with nothing to play for. both are in bad shape with Petah Tikva have 4 losses in a row and Haifa have 2. Petah Tikva came to the playoffs after a great season finishing 3rd in the regular season. But a month later they look nothing like themselves with 0 points in the playoffs. Haifa changed coaches but things just stay the same and they have already started planning next season. For this match Petah Tikva will miss to important players: Dor Elu who didn't lose a single match this season and Guy Melamed, one of best players of the team with 8 goals in the league. A draw seems like a possible outcome here.

Bnei Yehuda @1.96

Kiryat Shmona have nothing to play for (beside their dignity) and players said they wish the season will come to an end. Coach is not continuing next season and will give 5-6 youth players to start. Bnei Yehuda know that this games is critical. Not an easy one because Kiryat Shmona will come to prove their not completely garbage but with these odds it's hard not to try a home win.

• 2 weeks later...

Raanana DNB @ 2.16 

Two teams that have nothing to play for. Ashdod will field many subs in the starting 11, Value is with the Raanana which in the last 8 meetings between the two teams won 6 and drew twice.

Today is the last week of the premier league, we have next week the last week of the second league and State Cup Finals and this season is officially over and will be back on  August.

For today I'm waiting for the odds on two specific bets and when it's published I will post 2 write ups and hope for a good closing day.

Bnei Sachnin - Maccabi Haifa Over 2.25 @ 1.806

Both teams have many players missing. Sachnin will miss their first goalkeeper for the second game in a row (last game they conceded 5 goals in the 5-1 loss to Beitar Jerusalem). Vetrain central defender Pas has been injured for a month and will be out today too. Second regular defender Falah is suspended. Captain Halilala is suspended too. So some inexperienced should play in defense. 

Maccabi Haifa scored only once in the last 6 games. They will want to finish the season with good taste if you can call it that way after the disastrous season they had playing below expectations ending this season without a place in Europe next season. They too will miss a bunch of players including their best central defender Keinan who got injured last week against Maccabi Tel Aviv. Also Urugian full back is supsneded.

I believe we will see goals here. 

Hapoel Beer Sheva - Bnei Sachnin 2X @ 2.50

Planned to sit this one out but can't refuse the odds. This is the last week for the upper playoffs after last week determined which teams will play in the second league and which teams will stay in the first. In this game, the champions Beer Sheva will face Sachnin who sits in the 5th place with nothing to play for as they are 7 points away from 4th spot. So this game is for the protocol. Beer Sheva know that the are champions for two weeks now, and since then they drew twice and haven't won, probably because they were too busy celebrating. For this match, Beer Sheva will field only subs and youth players. The foreign players got an authorization to fly home to vacations. Sachnin will also field subs in the line up so basically it will be a subs match and with these odds the value is with the away team.