** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Midweek 12th-13th December

Darran

Truro v Forest Green

I was surprised by Mark Cooper deciding to play a full strength team on Saturday, especially after playing them in that friendly I mentioned against Evesham last Tuesday. Even so they struggled to see off Truro, indeed Truro could easily have won the match late on, which would have been nice given we were on at 9/1. It’s hard to know if Cooper will continue with the first teamers on Tuesday as to me making them travel all the way to Truro doesn’t seem the best preparation ahead of a busy Christmas period. Whatever happens Truro shouldn’t be 6/1 shots at home given Saturday’s draw should prove that they can get a result against them and they are worth backing again.

Woking v Ebbsfleet

Ebbsfleet needed an own goal to get a replay against Woking in what wasn’t the greatest of games. Having said that Ebbsfleet definitely have the better squad and the addition of Andy Dury from Eastleigh had a positive effect as he got the man of the match award. In my view if these two teams were in the same division Ebbsfleet would be comfortably above Woking which makes their price of 23/10 (Marathon) look on the large side in my view.

Ilkeston v Stafford

There has already been a market move on Stafford which is fairly unusual for an Evo-Stik Premier League game, unless some major news has come out. Regular readers will know I pin pointed Ilkeston a couple of weeks ago and although they got a draw against Witton we did collect when Grantham beat them. I didn’t oppose them at the weekend as they played Frickley who are pretty bad themselves and had been exceptionally bad in their previous game. They went on to beat Ilkeston 4-0 however and although Ilkeston played most of the game with 10 men and ended up with 9, I think it was more proof they are going to continue to struggle to get points. Stafford are in really good form at the moment and are better than their current league position suggests. They are unbeaten in 7 league games, having won 5 of them and they pushed National League North side Chorley close last week in the FA Trophy. They didn’t have a game on Saturday so come into this game much fresher than their opponents. As I write this even money is available in a place, but I would be happy to take odds on as well. They are 5-2 on the -1 handicap also and they should cover that too.

It's interesting as Halifax have drifted back out a little now. Allen says he only has 14 fit players, but it will still be a pretty strong team that he puts out and you can ignore Saturday's result as quite a few academy players played and it won't be anything like that tonight. I'm not sure Halifax should be favs myself, but not a game I will be getting involved in. I certainly think it is worth waiting until the team news comes in before getting involved.

On 12/12/2016, 9:12:43, addpea said:

Truro v Forest Green

I was surprised by Mark Cooper deciding to play a full strength team on Saturday, especially after playing them in that friendly I mentioned against Evesham last Tuesday. Even so they struggled to see off Truro, indeed Truro could easily have won the match late on, which would have been nice given we were on at 9/1. It’s hard to know if Cooper will continue with the first teamers on Tuesday as to me making them travel all the way to Truro doesn’t seem the best preparation ahead of a busy Christmas period. Whatever happens Truro shouldn’t be 6/1 shots at home given Saturday’s draw should prove that they can get a result against them and they are worth backing again.

Woking v Ebbsfleet

Ebbsfleet needed an own goal to get a replay against Woking in what wasn’t the greatest of games. Having said that Ebbsfleet definitely have the better squad and the addition of Andy Dury from Eastleigh had a positive effect as he got the man of the match award. In my view if these two teams were in the same division Ebbsfleet would be comfortably above Woking which makes their price of 23/10 (Marathon) look on the large side in my view.

Ilkeston v Stafford

There has already been a market move on Stafford which is fairly unusual for an Evo-Stik Premier League game, unless some major news has come out. Regular readers will know I pin pointed Ilkeston a couple of weeks ago and although they got a draw against Witton we did collect when Grantham beat them. I didn’t oppose them at the weekend as they played Frickley who are pretty bad themselves and had been exceptionally bad in their previous game. They went on to beat Ilkeston 4-0 however and although Ilkeston played most of the game with 10 men and ended up with 9, I think it was more proof they are going to continue to struggle to get points. Stafford are in really good form at the moment and are better than their current league position suggests. They are unbeaten in 7 league games, having won 5 of them and they pushed National League North side Chorley close last week in the FA Trophy. They didn’t have a game on Saturday so come into this game much fresher than their opponents. As I write this even money is available in a place, but I would be happy to take odds on as well. They are 5-2 on the -1 handicap also and they should cover that too.

Nice call on Fleet, addpea!