1.30 JCB Triumph Hurdle 2m 1f Hurdle
2.10 Vincent O'Brien County Handicap Hurdle 2m 1f Hurdle
2.50 Albert Bartlett Novices Hurdle 3m Hurdle
3.30 Cheltenham Gold Cup 3m 2 1/2f Chase
4.10 Foxhunter Chase Cup 3m 2 1/2f Chase
4.50 Conditional Jockeys Handicap Hurdle 2m 4 1/2f Hurdle
5.30 Grand Annual Handicap Chase 2m 1/2f Chase

• 2 weeks later...

Wins for Zabana and Native River have put them in the Gold Cup betting although both need to carry on improving before being seriously considered.

Tizzard now has 3 possible GC hopes and said of Native River;

Tizzard said: "He's in the Welsh National but he won't go there if it is a slog. He's a stayer but he might just be a bit better than that.

"If he is in the same sort of form in March he will join Thistlecrack and Cue Card. Hennessy winners go on to do that. They are right there in with the best of them."

Meanwhile Thistlecrack won again and he added;

"The King George is a real test for any horse and I'm not sure he is ready for that yet. We will leave him in it for a while, just in case. All options need to be talked about.

"We've got to mind this horse, as we don't want to go up the ladder six strides at a time and then slip back down."

583a11bc026a0_ScreenShot2016-11-26at22.4

• 4 weeks later...

Coneygree will miss the King George and go for either the Cotswold Chase or the Denman Chase. Another setback for the 2015 winner and he looks a really fragile horse and there must be a doubt about him actually reaching the Festival. 

The betting should shake up a bit over Christmas with most of the leading fancies having a race, it looks like Thistlecrack may run in the King George now, if he wins that he will be a very short price for the Gold Cup. Cue Card is still the fav for Kempton but the longer trip at Cheltenham will probably suit Thistlecrack better.

Don Cossack will return in February, that race will be make or break for his participation in the Gold Cup for sure. Djakadam could go for the Lexus while Valsuer Lido will either run in the King George or the Lexus.

5857a62618c6a_ScreenShot2016-12-19at09.1

Triumph Hurdle Latest

The ante-post market for the Triumph Hurdle looks set for a shake-up as the leading fancies are all entered over the Christmas period.

On Boxing Day at Leopardstown we have both Landofhopeandglory (8/1 Bet365) and Bapaume (14/1 BetVictor) entered in the Grade Knight Frank Hurdle. The pair are currently second and third favourites behind Defi Du Seuil who is as short as 6/1 for the Festival but a best priced 8/1 with Bet365.

Defi Du Seuil is due to run in the Grade 1 Future Champions Hurdle at Chepstow on Tuesday and he may have to take on Evening Hush and Dino Velvet.

Latest odds at Bet365

585ceb3188495_ScreenShot2016-12-23at09.1

Have a good time Jimmy, been many times and my advice is to get near to the Winners spot in the paddock after the Gold Cup. 

(its not as hard as you might think, plenty of room if you have your wits about you)

It's a great occasion to be apart of and the roar is something else.

:ok

5 hours ago, BillyHills said:

Have a good time Jimmy, been many times and my advice is to get near to the Winners spot in the paddock after the Gold Cup. 

(its not as hard as you might think, plenty of room if you have your wits about you)

It's a great occasion to be apart of and the roar is something else.

:ok

I Cant wait G'

It's my Fav Race, ahhhhhh the ROAR!!

• 2 weeks later...

Dark Horse for the Gold Cup - Maybe?

Alary 33/1 Bet365

......And Tizzard had brief news of Alary, runner-up in the Grade 1 Prix la Haye Jousselin and who was recruited from France as a potential Gold Cup candidate.

He had been pencilled in to make his debut in the Cotswold Chase on January 28 but that race is now the next target of Thistlecack.

"Alary was very good this morning on the gallops," said Tizzard. "I don't know when he will run but he's bloody good, I'll tell you that."

Alary, who will race in the colours of Ann & Alan Potts, is currently a general 33-1 shot for the Gold Cup on March 17.

39 minutes ago, arsenalfh said:

Cue Card @ 20/1 is so tempting but connections are talking about the Ryanair? Watch him in last years Gold Cup and you can't possibly consider going for the lesser prize. He was cantering before the fall.

Agree and he loves the place, but i cant help but feel age is not on his side, I've been a Cue Card fan from day one so i hate even saying that, I'll be HAPPY just seeing him in the flesh, he's a fantastic horse and owes his fans nothing, my nightmare would be attending Cheltenham for the very first time and watching him win.

Would need counselling after that. 

3 hours ago, Jimmy2shoes said:

Agree and he loves the place, but i cant help but feel age is not on his side, I've been a Cue Card fan from day one so i hate even saying that, I'll be HAPPY just seeing him in the flesh, he's a fantastic horse and owes his fans nothing, my nightmare would be attending Cheltenham for the very first time and watching him win.

Would need counselling after that. 

I thought the same after his reappearance but just look at how he absolutely destroyed Coneygree in the Betfair. For whatever reason he didn't run his race in the King George but the talk that Thistlecrack broke him is complete rubbish. From 4 to 3 out Thistlecrack only ran 4L quicker than 152 rated Might Bite despite the latter going considerably faster during the first part of the race. There's no way that is quick enough to ruin Cue Card's race and I believe he just wasn't right on the day causing him to run well below form. He's definitely a better horse at Haydock and Cheltenham too anyway.

The King George form is bad, the time was poor and Cue Card has an excuse. His Betfair Chase thrashing of Coneygree is the best form in the book and if he's anything like 16s or 20s when firms go NRNB that will be e/w bet of the century with the Lexus throwing up nothing of note.

Gold Cup Contenders

Thistlecrack (Evs) trainer Colin Tizzard wants to get more jumping experience into the first novice to win the King George VI Chase and has earmarked the Grade 2 Betbright Trial Cotswold Chase at Cheltenham on January 28.

Native River (6-1) the Hennessy and Welsh National winner is set for another trip to Newbury on February 11 for the Grade 2 Betfair Denman Chase.

Djakadam (12-1) connections feel the Grade 1 Stan James Irish Gold Cup on February 12 may fall a bit close to the festival this year and Djakadam could go straight to Cheltenham.

Outlander (14-1) while Djakadam may skip the Irish Gold Cup the trainer of his Lexus Chase conqueror Gordon Elliott has suggested it looks the obvious race for Outlander.

Cue Card (14-1) with his trainer Colin Tizzard juggling five potential runners a drop back in trip has been mooted. The horse who fell three out when still travelling in last year's Gold Cup could blow the cobwebs away in the Grade 1 Betfair Ascot Chase on February 18.

Source: Racing Post

NRNB - Bet365

587e6205cd8c7_ScreenShot2017-01-17at18.2

•  
  •  
  •  

• 2 weeks later...