** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

June 6 - June 12

Jelena Ostapenko (-1.5 sets) to beat Kateryna Kozlova for a 7/10 stake at 2.10 with Bet365

It's 1-0 to Kateryna in the head-to-head where she won in three on clay 2014 when Ostapenko still was a junior and she won the first set then. I don't think Kateryna would beat Jelena now not even on clay and certainly not on grass where Jelena won the Wimbledon junior title 2014. It's a big chance there'll be a good straight sets win for Jelena just like last round. Kateryna just had the right opponent in the first round but she'll most likely get sent out of the tournament in straight sets.

Last week when watching Dustin Brown, Denis Kudla and Yen Hsun Lu play I saw some great grasstennis and but this week there has'nt been mutch quality in many matches played in S-Hertogenbosch. It's obvious that a challenger event in Manchester saw better tennis then I've seen so far in S-Hertogenbosch. Maybe it'll be better from the quarters and on.

Back Dominic Thiem (-2.5) to beat Sam Groth for a 7/10 stake at 2.00 with Paddy Power

Fancy Thiem here despite all the obvious factors speaking in Groth's favour, since the gap between the two is just too big imo. Thiem wasn't that great on grass last year (although he played at least two very good matches on the surface), but he's made massive progress since then and the almost-home conditions should help him as well.

Full preview here: http://punts.pl/TT1NW2

1 hour ago, CzechPunter said:

Back Dominic Thiem (-2.5) to beat Sam Groth for a 7/10 stake at 2.00 with Paddy Power

Fancy Thiem here despite all the obvious factors speaking in Groth's favour, since the gap between the two is just too big imo. Thiem wasn't that great on grass last year (although he played at least two very good matches on the surface), but he's made massive progress since then and the almost-home conditions should help him as well.

Full preview here: http://punts.pl/TT1NW2

I don't think Dominic has the game for grass like Sam does. Marchenko only won 4 points on Sams serve and I doubt Dominic will return better. Dominic very mutch risks losing his opening match on grass.

I'm going to go with a little outsider.

4pts S.Groth to win the first set Vs D.Thiem 6/4 Bet365 
5.5pts Over 23.5 games 10/11 Sportingbet

This looks like potential upset to me. Thiem is a brilliant player and has now gone deep in a couple of tournaments in a row. Winning Nice. Final of Munich. QF of the French etc etc but this is a first match-up of the grass season on a surface that normally doesn't give him too much success and Groth can take advantage early on in my opinion. Groths pure power in his serve should give him enough to win his service games which means lots of games and the chance for him to take advantage in the first set. 

Thiem is 2 & 4 on the grass in 2015. Groth is 5 & 3. 

Back Dominic Thiem to beat Mikhail Youzhny for a 7/10 stake at 1.57 with Paddy Power

Fancy just this one for tomorrow, I liked what I saw from Thiem today despite the scoreline. Groth was serving incredibly well, so that's what that match was all about - Thiem was dominant in the rallies as expected and he was also moving surprisingly well imo, so I think that he'll beat another mid-range opponent in Youzhny. The rallies will get somewhat tougher, but the serves will get much more returnable.

Full preview here: http://punts.pl/Kx74Ru

Back Dominic Thiem (+1.5 sets) to beat Roger Federer for a 7/10 stake at 1.72 with Paddy Power

Call me crazy, but I think that Thiem isn't without a chance here. In fact, I think that he's been the better player so far this week, with Federer yet to hit his standard level of play. I saw the entire Thiem-Youzhny match and the Austrian managed to win despite Youzhny playing very well for the better part of the meeting, so I wouldn't dare to say that he isn't a good grass court player. He's adapted surprisingly well and the win he got over Federer in Rome will do a lot for his confidence here, so I see him winning a set much more often than not - and I wouldn't be shocked to see him win the match either.

Full preview here: http://punts.pl/7BOqIc

Back Philipp Kohlschreiber to beat Dominic Thiem for a 1/10 stake at 1.70 with BetVictor

Incredible stuff from Thiem, but I think that Kohli holds all the trumps in the finals. Not taking anything myself, as I still have the pre-tournament outright in play, but I'd back the German at 1.70 if I didn't.

Full preview here: http://punts.pl/b2CvSd