Thurs racing craven day 3

Aberrant prices only just coming online 

Magical memory  99.17

Mobsta    98.99 

Well.....it's the beginning of the flat season so all the results are hit and miss because of fitness issues ..but on paper magical memory is vastly clear in this race ....nice to see him installed as favourite and I'm surprised actually to see paddyp offering 100/30 as I'd originally priced him up as 9/4 based on his rating superiority so I'm going to hold on a bit and see if anyone offers better else I'll take that .....mobsta is non push over but onnpaper he's rating about 10lbs behind magical memory so even the 9/1 doesnt look value against favourites price ........might use this as double platform with Saturday's Scottish champion as there's some nice ratings for that race just coming off comp too ....

Magical memory 10 pts win best price (will update shortly)

*** 7/2 with bet365 taken 

Edited by richard-westwood

355 Newmarket

Preview

Verdict:

A really good renewal here and while I do like the Cammidge form of Mobsta I think he may have a job on his hands to cope with the likes of Magical Memory and my selection Mattmu. The Tim Easterby trained 4yo is most consistent in this type of class and sets the standard here. I think Magical Memory may prefer better ground and that just might make the difference on this occasion, as Mattmu appears to go on anything.

Selection:  Mattmu @ 11/2  BetVictor

Working on something big at the mo ......but gonna take a couple weeks to finish formulas ...even got my mathematician friend helping out as the formulas are a bit complex for me but in meantime I've rated the 505 newm for a bit of light entertainment .....even though nothing's running to form at mo ..,,,you gotta keep trying ...sooner or later the chips will fall 

Flash fire   98.98

Dinkum diamond  98.96

Mumbo paradise  98.93

Difficult as they come race ...Mambo paradise is an improving type but not sure he's quite good enough yet but he represents jonhston so needs respect ...the two above him look good value though at 8 and 16/1 .....both have decent form at distance and should run well 

Flash fire  2 pts ew 9/1 will h

Dinkum diamond 2pts ew 16/1bet365

Just doing a prelim test on New value rating .....it's based purely on whether a horses price accurately reflects its real chance and if not by how much the price is out .....today's rating for 505 above is coming out as follows so far

Dinkum diamond   value diff  11  outstanding 20/1

Mujjassam  value diff 5 good 10/1

Accession     value diff 4 good 25/1

Mumbo paradise   value diff 4 good 25/1

This purely rate show much value there is in each horses price......I can then couple it with my own ratings later to see which of the value horsesarecurrently in form and running close to their best giving me only horses that are in sparkling form and running at a price far exceeding their true chance .....the essence of pure value ......very exciting concept ......as you can see above the rating is clearly showing dinky diamond as the clear value bet in the race .....doesn't mean he will win ..,atthe moment its just saying his price far exceeds his true chance .....the ultimate concept of value .....

On 13/04/2016, 09:38:10, richard-westwood said:

Aberrant prices only just coming online 

Magical memory  99.17

Mobsta    98.99 

Well.....it's the beginning of the flat season so all the results are hit and miss because of fitness issues ..but on paper magical memory is vastly clear in this race ....nice to see him installed as favourite and I'm surprised actually to see paddyp offering 100/30 as I'd originally priced him up as 9/4 based on his rating superiority so I'm going to hold on a bit and see if anyone offers better else I'll take that .....mobsta is non push over but onnpaper he's rating about 10lbs behind magical memory so even the 9/1 doesnt look value against favourites price ........might use this as double platform with Saturday's Scottish champion as there's some nice ratings for that race just coming off comp too ....

Magical memory 10 pts win best price (will update shortly)

*** 7/2 with bet365 taken 

That's better....45 pts returned ...I'll top up coffers with that seeing as form is up and down at mo until they settle ...most are needing run ....even today I dontvthink he ran anywhere near what he's capable of ....will come on a lot next time 

3 hours ago, richard-westwood said:

Just doing a prelim test on New value rating .....it's based purely on whether a horses price accurately reflects its real chance and if not by how much the price is out .....today's rating for 505 above is coming out as follows so far

This purely rate show much value there is in each horses price......I can then couple it with my own ratings later to see which of the value horsesarecurrently in form and running close to their best giving me only horses that are in sparkling form and running at a price far exceeding their true chance .....the essence of pure value ......very exciting concept ......as you can see above the rating is clearly showing dinky diamond as the clear value bet in the race .....doesn't mean he will win ..,atthe moment its just saying his price far exceeds his true chance .....the ultimate concept of value .....

Even though that didn't look brill I actually learned a lot from that ...,on my hcap system accession was rated 2nd ......still it spotted the value and only those 4 qualified so onto the next race !!

8 hours ago, richard-westwood said:

Very interesting concept. As for DD, just sounds like he had a bad start. Good luck with this system.

9 minutes ago, Soloshchenko said:

Very interesting concept. As for DD, just sounds like he had a bad start. Good luck with this system.

Yeah I think Dd blew it  in the stalls and was just given a blow out so who knows ....onwards and upwards.....be nice if they'd at least get out the stalls ...please .?