** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

Tuesday Racing (Newmarket Craven Meeting)

Click For : Nell Gwyn Stakes Preview

Verdict:

A most interesting renewal that should be fought out by those at the head of the market. It’s a strong race this year and both Illuminate and Nathra set an excellent standard and this time I just prefer the Gosden filly to build on her second over a mile here in October. Aidan O’Brien’s Coolmore wont be too far away but I think she may just want more of a test and the Godolphin filly First Victory is interesting and she wears a tongue tie for the first time suggesting she may be a bit buzzy.

Selection:  Nathra @ 7/2 Skybet

Nell gwyn

Nathra 99.23

Cool more  99.21

Illuminate   99.18

This race generally looks to be fought out between these 3 .....Illuminate looked fab over 6f but not quite so over a mile so he's possibly wanting shorter ...nathra beat cool more comfortably last run but with o briens uncanny ability to bring horses on I'd expect him to be much better this year so I'd rate their chances as equal .......the percentage call is cool more ew at 6/1 .....I think they'd be rather disappointed if he's out the frame and that would squeeze a bit of profit but nathra is huge danger 

Cool more 5 pts ew 6/1 betfred 

320 new

Yeeow 98.76

Lucky beggar  98.73 

Patrick   98.71.

Incredibly difficult race due to complicated formlinescand horses being out of form ....granddad world Is popular but it looks like the fahey hype train is in full motion as bookies seem to be underpriceing anything he puts out so they are inherently poor value now from the start ,..,,,lucky beggar has been falling in the weights ...hasn't won for ages but drops to a 91 for this and Daryl Holland booking takes the eye so maybe they arevexpecting a big run .....Yeoow is perfectly at home in this class on the all weather so if the good ground holds then he looks on a decent mark and 16/1 looks very generous.....open race

Yeeow 3 pts ew 16/1 corals

Lucky beggar 4 pts win 8/1 will hill 

20 hours ago, richard-westwood said:

320 new

Yeeow 98.76

Lucky beggar  98.73 

Patrick   98.71.

Incredibly difficult race due to complicated formlinescand horses being out of form ....granddad world Is popular but it looks like the fahey hype train is in full motion as bookies seem to be underpriceing anything he puts out so they are inherently poor value now from the start ,..,,,lucky beggar has been falling in the weights ...hasn't won for ages but drops to a 91 for this and Daryl Holland booking takes the eye so maybe they arevexpecting a big run .....Yeoow is perfectly at home in this class on the all weather so if the good ground holds then he looks on a decent mark and 16/1 looks very generous.....open race

Yeeow 3 pts ew 16/1 corals

Lucky beggar 4 pts win 8/1 will hill 

Fav beat ...yeoow 3rd not bad for such an open race 

4.30 Newmarket - SQUASH @ 50/1 Betfred EW

It really surprises me to see this filly as big as 50/1. She finished only a neck behind Only Mine two starts back on soft ground over 6f where Squash couldn't quite reel the winner in. They meet again today over 7f in similar conditons yet Only Mine is 12/1 and shorter and Squash is available at 50/1.

Squash has only had the one run since which was earlier this year at Lingfield where she clipped heels and couldn't recover. That does give her a small benefit of race fitness though and I think the 50/1 on offer is simply too big.

55 minutes ago, stewartd14 said:

4.30 Newmarket - SQUASH @ 50/1 Betfred EW

It really surprises me to see this filly as big as 50/1. She finished only a neck behind Only Mine two starts back on soft ground over 6f where Squash couldn't quite reel the winner in. They meet again today over 7f in similar conditons yet Only Mine is 12/1 and shorter and Squash is available at 50/1.

Squash has only had the one run since which was earlier this year at Lingfield where she clipped heels and couldn't recover. That does give her a small benefit of race fitness though and I think the 50/1 on offer is simply too big.

Great shout - Unlucky!