** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Deleting Quotes

3 hours ago, Paul Ross said:

Need an example. :ok 

I've had a problem along these lines, put it this way, try clicking quote then changing your mind, it's impossible to completely remove the quote from the reply. I could delete your text ("Need an example") but not the header ("3 hours ago, Paul Ross said:"). If I were to navigate away and read other threads then return to this one and click into the reply box it would reload the quote whether I liked it or not...

... I was going to say "like this" but when I navigated off the site and came back it forgot the quote, so that's perhaps the answer. If you can't get rid of a quote in the reply box, leave the site and come back again!

The problem is there's no easy and instant way to remove a quote if you change your mind about including it in a reply.

Edited by harry_rag
Last sentence added

1 hour ago, Paul Ross said:

Works fine for me.

Click quote, then if you want to delete it, go to top left of the quote and a kinda cross appears, click that then delete. ;)

You're quite right, though it's hardly intuitive! I'd tried right-clicking it, dragging it away, pressing delete while hovering over it (but without having actually clicked it first).

Well done for working it out, good to know for the next time it happens.

• 2 months later...