** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Champions League > Feb 16th - 24th

Aidymac

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/21/2015, 12:41:50, Rakitic4 said:

Bookmakers believe that PSG will win.... But I think now when Mourinho is out Chelsea will be back!!!

I saw a little of PSG's win at Marseille in the French Ligue 1 on Sunday night, and I thought PSG looked superb. You could see why they are so far ahead in Ligue 1 this year. On that showing, it will be very difficult for Chelsea to win over two legs, and I could certainly imagine PSG holding their own anyone including Barcelona or Bayern.

14 hours ago, MPLouis said:

I saw a little of PSG's win at Marseille in the French Ligue 1 on Sunday night, and I thought PSG looked superb. You could see why they are so far ahead in Ligue 1 this year. On that showing, it will be very difficult for Chelsea to win over two legs, and I could certainly imagine PSG holding their own anyone including Barcelona or Bayern.

You've to check the date that he wrote (21.12.2015) I think we change his opinion :)

Odds for SL Benfica x Zenit are a joke.

SL Benfica was truly having a great comeback in the Championship, they were on a 11-win streak with lots of goals scored in most of them, but were stopped by FC Porto at home (1-2), even though Casillas did a magic performance. With that, SL Benfica lost the 1st place to Sporting CP and now sits 3 points behind.

SL Benfica was demolishing every bottom tier team they find for the Championship and other national competitions since the start of the season, with regular 3-0, 4-0, 4-1, even 6-0 or 6-1 wins. Their attacking unit is outstanding, easily the best of the championship and one of the best in Europe, playing in 4-4-2 which is a 4-2-4 in attack, with the likes of Gaitan, Pizzi, Mitroglou and Jonas. They now even have Salvio back from a serious injury, and he will probably start playing more from 2/3 weeks. In the middle they also have 18 year old rising star Renato Sanches, which is a big player at his age, but lacks some qualities in terms of defensive quality.

And that is where the weak point of SL Benfica starts. Rui Vitoria (Benfica manager) has all the credit for getting the best to play together and when they are up for it, they create chance after chance, and know how to convert it. But they are not so organized in the middle and in their backline while on their defensive phase. They gets easily exposed to teams that play like a team and know how to exploit Benfica's lack of organization in the defensive phase. In the middle, currently Renato Sanches and Samaris have great work rate but are not the best players in terms of defensive positioning. Fesja usually plays instead of Samaris but is currently doubtful. Then, both wing-backs get upfront regularly, which usually leaves a lot of space in the wings to start the counters. Lisandro and Jardel are your usual defensive line, and are doing a great double but they usually make mistakes against stronger teams and players.

Another BIG stat for you. Against stronger teams, this season, Benfica lost 6 and won 1. Benfica lost 3 times to Sporting Lisbon (including an humiliating 0-3 home loss) this season, two times to FC Porto and against Atlético Madrid at home. They managed to win 2-1 at Atletico Madrid, in a match where Julio Cesar saved them from drawing or even losing. This stat shows what I've said before. For me, they are like Manchester City in the BPL...steamrolling teams below top-10, but when they get a stronger team, they lose. Just happened today against Tottenham, for example. The attack plays by themselves, but lack of defensive organization puts them in their place.

Zenit is not having their best season in the championship, and I'm expecting that they will invest a lot in the Champions League this season. They have a good manager, which usually knows how to win against SL Benfica (managed to win against them in the group phase last season, usually won with FC Porto) and they have a great team.

Sure, they are without competitive matches for a while and that could be a letdown eventually, but I believe they will be ok. They know of the importance of this match, I'm expecting a fully fit team that might need 5/10 initial minutes to get the competitive mentality back in, and they could as well lack fitness for the last 5 minutes. However, in between, their individual quality and team will prove at least enough for Benfica. The attack, especially, will do a lot of damage with Dzyuba, Kokorin and especially Hulk. Moreover, Shatov is also a great player, while Witsel and Javi Garcia could control the midfield at their pleasure against Renato Sanches and Samaris, which still have not convinced me.

As I said before, get Benfica a strong team to play against, and they crumble. For me, Benfica won't win here. If they do, it will be a hard 2-1, 3-2 affair, but I'm predicting a draw, or even a Zenit win. As I said before, SL Benfica could be great upfront, but they don't get to create that many chances against stronger teams and they are awfully organized in the back, hoping that Julio Cesar or an individual tackle saves them.

I would never price Benfica 2.05 here, but 2.40.

However, and maybe expecting Benfica to push a hard win or a draw, I'm not going for Zenit here. But for goals. Zenit could be having some trouble in getting back in the competitive rythm, but their attack is strong enough to score 1 or 2. On the other hand, Benfica's attack is very, very strong and could also score 1 or 2. Over 2.5 Goals @ 2.36 is a joke here, should be much lower.

11 minutes ago, JuMeSyn said:

Zenit is not having their best season in the championship, and I'm expecting that they will invest a lot in the Champions League this season. They have a good manager, which usually knows how to win against SL Benfica (managed to win against them in the group phase last season, usually won with FC Porto) and they have a great team

Re. Benfica v Zenit

I watched Benfica v Porto last Friday 11th Feb, expecting Benfica to win.  But I saw Benfica struggle and  thought Porto deserved their 2-1 win. The online commentators said that Porto's manager had a very good record against Benfica's - I think they said Benfica's manager had never beaten his counterpart. I wondered what Zenit's manager's record is against this Benfica's manager?

PSG vs Chelsea: Can unbeaten Hiddink transfer fine form to European stage?

The Champions League makes a welcome return this week and PSG play Chelsea at the Parc des Princes in the first leg of their last 16 match up in a 7:45pm kick off on BT Sport Europe. PSG have only lost once this season and remain undefeated at home. However, Chelsea are yet to taste defeat under the leadership of Guus Hiddink. 

THE BET

Asian Handicap: Chelsea +1 @ 8/11 with BetVictor

Full Article: https://www.punterslounge.com/betting-tips/football/champions-league/psg-vs-chelsea-2016021502

2 hours ago, StevieDay1983 said:

PSG vs Chelsea: Can unbeaten Hiddink transfer fine form to European stage?

The Champions League makes a welcome return this week and PSG play Chelsea at the Parc des Princes in the first leg of their last 16 match up in a 7:45pm kick off on BT Sport Europe. PSG have only lost once this season and remain undefeated at home. However, Chelsea are yet to taste defeat under the leadership of Guus Hiddink. 

THE BET

Asian Handicap: Chelsea +1 @ 8/11 with BetVictor

Full Article: https://www.punterslounge.com/betting-tips/football/champions-league/psg-vs-chelsea-2016021502

PSG rested these players at the weekend 

IBRAHIMOVIC Zlatan
LAVEZZI Ezequiel
MAXWELL

THIAGO SILVA
THIAGO MOTTA

That price looked a bit skinny for Chelsea/Draw so I checked  and it is 6/5 on PP

58 minutes ago, Wolfy180 said:

PSG rested these players at the weekend 

IBRAHIMOVIC Zlatan
LAVEZZI Ezequiel
MAXWELL

THIAGO SILVA
THIAGO MOTTA

That price looked a bit skinny for Chelsea/Draw so I checked  and it is 6/5 on PP

He tipped +1 Asian Handicap. Money returned if Chelsea lose by 1 goal.

15 hours ago, MPLouis said:

Re. Benfica v Zenit

I watched Benfica v Porto last Friday 11th Feb, expecting Benfica to win.  But I saw Benfica struggle and  thought Porto deserved their 2-1 win. The online commentators said that Porto's manager had a very good record against Benfica's - I think they said Benfica's manager had never beaten his counterpart. I wondered what Zenit's manager's record is against this Benfica's manager?

1 win, 1 draw and 1 loss, but that was 5 years ago. 1 loss when Villas Boas was an Academica de Coimbra manager (2-1). While at FC Porto one away win (3-0) and home draw in the last match of the season when FC Porto was already the champion (3-3). In all of these encounters, Rui Vitoria was Paços de Ferreira manager.

7 hours ago, JuMeSyn said:

1 win, 1 draw and 1 loss, but that was 5 years ago. 1 loss when Villas Boas was an Academica de Coimbra manager (2-1). While at FC Porto one away win (3-0) and home draw in the last match of the season when FC Porto was already the champion (3-3). In all of these encounters, Rui Vitoria was Paços de Ferreira manager.

Thanks - so even record in the manager h2h record. The UEFA preview has some background stats:

http://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/season=2016/matches/round=2000635/match=2015763/prematch/background/index.html

Champions League Benfica - Zenit

I have spoken many times about the huge disadvantage that the Eastern European teams are at this stage of the competition, given that they have not played a competitive fixture for months, however, if they can find a way through the first knockout round, that turns around and they then have a edge in freshness and, to a degree fitness, through the latter stages and we have seen clear examples of that with Zenit's UEFA Cup win and the success of the Ukrainian teams in subsequent competitions.This stage is the problem and Zenit have struggled with it in recent campaigns, however, they look better suited to European football once more under Andre Villas- Boas and he and the Portugese players in his team will know plenty about Benfica and will be boosted by their wins over the home side at the group stage of the competition last season , winning 2-0 in Lisbon. In the last 16 in 2013-14 they were very slow out of the blocks and lost their two legged tie with Dortmund inside 30 minutes and there is a danger that they will one again pay for that lack of a competitive edge.

Hosts will want revenge for those h2h defeats and a lead to take to the return, but they have conceded in their last 6 of 8 domestic games, seven of which have gone "over" and Benfica have conceded in their last five CL starts and again, all of those produced at least three goals. We have already spoken about the value of away goals and AVB will want one as a minimum. Given that need, Benfica's vulnerability at the back and the possibility that Zenit could run out of steam and/or be caught cold, I have to favour goals.

over 2.5 goals 2.35 asian line/Sportmarket

43 minutes ago, clubgowi said:

Champions League Benfica - Zenit

I have spoken many times about the huge disadvantage that the Eastern European teams are at this stage of the competition, given that they have not played a competitive fixture for months, however, if they can find a way through the first knockout round, that turns around and they then have a edge in freshness and, to a degree fitness, through the latter stages and we have seen clear examples of that with Zenit's UEFA Cup win and the success of the Ukrainian teams in subsequent competitions.This stage is the problem and Zenit have struggled with it in recent campaigns, however, they look better suited to European football once more under Andre Villas- Boas and he and the Portugese players in his team will know plenty about Benfica and will be boosted by their wins over the home side at the group stage of the competition last season , winning 2-0 in Lisbon. In the last 16 in 2013-14 they were very slow out of the blocks and lost their two legged tie with Dortmund inside 30 minutes and there is a danger that they will one again pay for that lack of a competitive edge.

Hosts will want revenge for those h2h defeats and a lead to take to the return, but they have conceded in their last 6 of 8 domestic games, seven of which have gone "over" and Benfica have conceded in their last five CL starts and again, all of those produced at least three goals. We have already spoken about the value of away goals and AVB will want one as a minimum. Given that need, Benfica's vulnerability at the back and the possibility that Zenit could run out of steam and/or be caught cold, I have to favour goals.

over 2.5 goals 2.35 asian line/Sportmarket

Over 2.5 in both matches looks good with No Terry or Zouma in the Chelsea Defence - pays 4.95 as a double

Risk free guaranteed profit!

Bet365 have an offer that if you bet £50 or more on the PSG v Chelsea game tonight before the game that they will give you a risk free £50 bet in-play*.

*If your in-play bet loses Bet365 will refund your bet in cash!

So how do you use this to guarantee yourself a profit (without making it obvious to Bet365 what you are doing!)

You will need an account with Bet365 and Stan James and £150.

Looking at the win-draw-win market:

PSG to win - 1.62 (Bet365)

Draw - 3.9 (Bet365)

Chelsea to win - 6.5 (Stan James)

Before the game!

Bet £80.05 on PSG to win with Bet365

Bet £19.95 on Chelsea to win with Stan James

During the game!

Bet £50 on the game to end in a draw with Bet365

Total amount bet: £150

Result:

PSG win £179.68

Chelsea win £179.68

Draw £195

2 hours ago, Charity10k said:

Bet365 have an offer that if you bet £50 or more on the PSG v Chelsea game tonight before the game that they will give you a risk free £50 bet in-play*.

So how do you use this to guarantee yourself a profit (without making it obvious to Bet365 what you are doing!)

Draw - 3.9 (Bet365)

Before the game!

During the game!

Result:

PSG win £179.68

Chelsea win £179.68

Draw £195

Why have you done it so the draw wins much more? If you're going to go to the trouble of giving us the maths, why not give us the bets which win the same amount for any of the three outcomes? 

5 hours ago, Charity10k said:

Draw - 3.9 (Bet365)

CHELSEA WILL GO THROUGH IN THE NEXT ROUND..   You can signup on this link and start making money from home, is absolutely free, all you need do is help these companies advertise their goods and services.  http://friendsduty.com/index.php?ref=2268

Before the game!

During the game!

Result:

PSG win £179.68

Chelsea win £179.68

Draw £195

Roma – Real Madrid

Finally, Champions League comes back from winter holiday and first matches of 1/8 round will be played this week. One of the most ambitious football teams-encounters are Roma – Real Madrid. Both capital football clubs have changed coaches during the season and it effects well. But only one team will play in 1/4 round and one of the coaches will confess in the failure. First match of this competition must be hot. And we will try to analyze it and find interesting bet.

Madrid is a leader in this couple and will try to do its best in first match. Royal football club have changed coach and Zinedine Zidane does not give reason to doubt the correctness of his invitation Away match in Rome will be first serious revision for new coach. Pepe and Gareth Bale won’t play in the upcoming match but the team has good players. Such great players as Cristiano Ronaldo, Karim Benzema, James Rodriguez will play attacking football and they can cause trouble to the defenders of the opponent. Real Madrid makes a lot of shots on goal rivals, which is the result of the well-prepared attacking play and personal skills of their forwards. Madrid players control the ball in the opponent pinch side and it will be interesting to watch this match. Madrid often create good chances and score goals using short passes to break the encounter’s defense.

Italian club got a set of 4 wins one by one after comeback on coach’s bench Luciano Spalletti and places 4th place in Serie A. Fiorentina takes 3rd place with 2 points ahead Roma. If Roma players keep it up, they will have great opportunity to play in Champions League next year. Roma players prefer playing positioning football controlling the ball on encounter’s field side. Roma teammates usually involve in their attacks wings (especially right), create and realize many chances. Concerning to defense, host defenders often let their opponents make chances but it isn’t dramatically. For Rome is really hard to play against top football clubs: Romans were defeated by Juventus, tie game with Milan and Napoli. Roma was defeated by dominant Spanish team Barcelona in previous group stages. The home match was played better – tie game 1-1. Luciano Spalletti can’t count on Mohamed Salah in the upcoming match. It’s hard to say whether Daniele de Rossi and famous player Francesco Totti will take part in the game.

Let’s look at upcoming match according to bets on corners. Bookies consider that hosts will be favorites and odds on Real Madrid win is 1.71 (1xBet). And I think that it should be counted.

Roma supervised 32 matches in this season. The team won only 17 times on corners. Recently Roma played against not so strong football clubs and there were 2 defeats on corners in matches against Sampdoria and Sassuolo. If look at home Romans matches, team situation is not going to improve: 16 matches, 8 wins and 6

defeats on corners. Barcelona won the game against Roma with corners twice 7-1 and 11-3 in the Champions League of the group stage.

Madrids won 25 of 31 matches on corners this season. Royal club supervised 15 matches away and in 13 of them took corners more than their opponents.

Madrids took more corners than encounters in every match they played in CL group stage. Thus, I think that Madrids are favorites in the upcoming match considering corners, if to take to attention match status and previous played games.

Also in my opinion we should take notice on offsides stats. 1хBet bookie line on offsides is 2,36 for Rome win, 4,5 for draw and 2,21 for Real Madrid win. So the chances of the teams to beat each on offsides are equal . But is it really so?

After Luciano Spalletti coming up Romans supervised 6 matches in the league. And only once Rome had more offsides than its encounter. Romans were defeated in the rest of the matches. In last 5 matches Roma’s encounters got 3.6 offsides on average.

After changing Real coach, 6 matches were supervised in the league, 4 times Madrid got offsides more than opposite team. In last 5 matches Real Madrid got 4.2 offsides on average and their encounters just 1.2 offsides.

To sum up, betting on Real win on offsides is very good idea.

More stats of corners, cards, referees, goals and others - http://corner-stats.com

Arsenal vs Barcelona: Gunners face impossible task as Messi and co visit the Emirates

The Champions League last 16 action continues this week and it is Premier League title contenders Arsenal taking on Champions League reigning champions Barcelona at the Emirates Stadium in a 7:45pm kick off. The Gunners will need to pick themselves up after a disappointing 0-0 draw with Championship side Hull in their FA Cup 5th Round tie this past weekend. They take on a Barca team that has not lost in any competitive action since 3rd October last year.

THE BET

Total Goals Scored Over 2.5 @ 4/6 with Betfair

Full Article: https://www.punterslounge.com/betting-tips/football/champions-league/arsenal-vs-barcelona-2016022202