** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

National League ~ October 2nd & 3rd

Aidymac

National League Ratings ~ Top Rated Bromley

02/10/2015Guiseley34.2529.50 - 43.5034.50Lincoln-0.25
03/10/2015Altrincham FC23.259.50 - 35.0026.50Barrow-3.25
03/10/2015Chester FC26.5028.50 - 53.0049.75Wrexham-23.25
03/10/2015Eastleigh26.0017.50 - 51.0047.00Braintree Town-21.00
03/10/2015Gateshead31.0026.50 - 37.0028.50Dover Athletic+2.50
03/10/2015Grimsby45.0060.50 - 18.0031.50Forest Green+13.50
03/10/2015Halifax28.7523.50 - 37.5044.25Cheltenham-15.50
03/10/2015Kidderminster20.5032.00 - 17.0014.50Welling United+6.00
03/10/2015Macclesfield36.5036.50 - 25.5027.75Boreham Wood+8.75
03/10/2015Torquay28.7521.00 - 32.0029.75Aldershot-1.00
03/10/2015Tranmere29.7534.00 - 74.5061.50Bromley-31.75
03/10/2015Woking45.0035.00 - 28.0024.25Southport+20.75

Altrincham v Barrow

Given Barrow cost me a lot of money last week my initial thought was to stay clear of this game. I then saw the price the home side were though and I had to have a bet on them. The danger is that Barrow are getting their away form together as they have won and drawn one having lost their first four on the road. Even so there is no way they should be such strong favourites for this game and arguably Altrincham should probably just about be market leaders. Granted the were poor in their last home game to Braintree, but you take that out and their home form has been strong. They even managed to finally win away from home last weekend albeit against a struggling Boreham Wood side. 23/10 (BetVictor) about a home win is simply too big and has to be backed.

Halifax v Cheltenham

I knew it would come eventually and this weekend sees me back Cheltenham for the first time. Halifax announced their new manager on Thursday and I must admit I Darren Kelly wasn't someone I was aware off. I looked him up and found he had lasted 9 games in charge of Oldham and was sacked a couple of weeks ago having had a 2 year contract. Now that doesn't strike me as someone I would want to be managing my club even if it is a drop of a couple of leagues. To be fair he will have Jim Harvey to help him, but they have a massive task of trying to keep the side in this division. I am not sure we see much of an improvement in results and it couldn't be much tougher than facing the team third in the table. Granted I am not sure Cheltenham have been performing as well as their position in the table suggests, but they should have enough to see of Halifax and I would make them odds on to win this so the 11/10 with Hills has to be taken.

Tranmere v Bromley

Tranmere got a last minute winner against Cheltenham last weekend in what by all accounts was a dire game. They host a red hot Bromley side and a red hot striker in Moses Emmanuel. Now most of Bromley's wins have come against the lesser sides in the division, but they have beaten 2nd place Gateshead and the ease of their victories is impressive. I had a high view of Bromley going into the start of the season and full expected them to go well. Tranmere have been very hit and miss so far and I think they are still adjusting to life in this division. I am surprised Bromley are 7/2 with Betway and that has to be a sporting play.

AFC Fylde v AFC Telford

Rob Smith was angry at his Telford players yet again last weekend as they went out of the FA Cup against Kettering from the league below. He didn't hold back and said that the players weren't good enough to play National League football. He must be regretting moving their now as Steve Kittrick has clearly left the club in a right mess. This weekend they travel to second place Fylde and they are in good form at the moment. They should be able to take full advantage of a poor Telford side and I think they are worth backing at 11/10 (Paddy Power) on the -1 handicap.

Grays v Kingstonian

I was impressed with Grays when I saw them earlier in the season and thought they looked potential title challengers. They are going through a little blip at the moment though as they haven't won in three and they have lost two of those. They lost to a struggling Leatherhead 3-0 on Wednesday night and they had some crucial players missing as well. Quite why they are playing again so soon I am not sure, but as Kingstonian played on Monday that has to be a pretty big edge. The other thing to note is that if you take out the loss in the FA Cup last Saturday they are actually in really good form at the moment. They have won 4 of their last 5 and bounced backed from that defeat in the Cup to beat Hendon 1-0 on Monday night. They look overpriced at a general 5/2.

Treble

After nailing the six fold in the FA Cup last week I am looking to land a treble which pays just under 2/1 with Bet365. AFC Fylde obviously go in. Margate continued their upturn in form in the FA Cup last week and should be too strong for Weston-Super-Mare. Finally Dulwich should have little trouble in beating a VCD Athletic side who are yet to win this season.

Fleet are a ridiculous price at 4/1 to win at Molesey in the FA Trophy. I saw them beat my side Chalfont on Tuesday and although we missed a number of good chances in the first half, beating the leaders will undoubtedly have give them a huge boost. What is also noticeable is that they have already played almost of all of the top sides in their 7 games so far so their points total of 9 may well not be reflective of how good they are. The team they visit plays at the equivalent level in the Ryman League and their record of 20 points from 12 simply can't justify an 8-15 quote. I'd have the visitors around 9-4, 5-2 at the very most. 4-1 is crackers.

i am liking addpeas Cheltenham and fylde tips which I have taken in a double.

a guy I know who knows rob smith told me that there are players at telford on big money contracts who he is unable to move on because they wont get anywhere near the money elsewhere and they have more or less said they wont leave unless they are offered the same money elsewhere so he is stuck with a lot of the previous managers rubbish on big money contracts,after his outburst after the fa cup defeat to kettering morale amongst the squad cant be good when half of them are told they are not good enough

Hi addpea,

I fancy salford,bath city,blyth and solihull.I think they will be too strong against their each respective teams.What do you think?

Also,what's the nap for this weekend?

sorry away at the moment but the nap would be Cheltenham. Don't have futures to hand so can't comment on your picks. 

what about Aldershot at torquay??

torquays problems have been well documented on here and a new manager[kevin Nicholson} isn't going to make much difference given the financial restraints,aldershot were woeful last week following a decent run  but have a good chance here imo 

yeah I considered them but just wonder if for at least one game he might get response. Former player so will care plenty about the club but Aldershot are a big enough price if you do want to back them. Couldn't put anyone off forest green either as Grimsby very short at odds on. 

Whats with eastleigh today. After bad results, impressed last week by away win in wrexham. now against Braintree who for me maybe a little bit overrated. only there good away record made me a little bit scared. but i think for 2/10 @ 2.30 on tipico is a good bet