FC Barcelona v Manchester City > Wednesday March 18th

Aidymac

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617]

[TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]FC Barcelona v Manchester City (19:45 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.95[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]7.5[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]100.20 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

• 3 weeks later...

Re: FC Barcelona v Manchester City > Wednesday March 18th Luis Enrique's Barcelona are a big attacking force and will have no trouble in scoring 2/3 goals against City. Messi and Suarez are on top form as well, midfield was rested against Eibar for this one. However, their defensive line gets exposed too often. City should play the season here as championship is almost impossible atm, but I can't see them cope. Some players like a bit out of form, others lack motivation and I think Pellegrini actually lost the plot here. City can't defend for life, will have to risk it and open up in the back. However Touré is back to play this one and with Aguero upfront there will be much trouble for Barça's defensive line. Hard not to see goals here, but odds look awful. However, one bet has catched my eye...Barcelona + BTTS @ 2.8. I can honestly see a 2-1, 3-1, maybe 4-1, 4-2 result here.

Re: FC Barcelona v Manchester City > Wednesday March 18th I think there will be goals in this too. But I know Barcelona will win but I also believe that stuff happens for a reason and with Messi missing the penalty could be the chance Manchester City need. I also believe in law of average and how many time have Barcelona played Manchester City and knocked them out there will be a day when Manchester City beat them like last year Barcelona smashed 4 goals or more against a team and then failed to score against Granda the next match but i still think Barcelona will go through but hoping for a miracle.

Re: FC Barcelona v Manchester City > Wednesday March 18th 4pts Barcelona (-1) to beat Man City Evs Spreadex Hart’s penalty save kept City alive in this tie but that only papered over the cracks of how outclassed they were in that first leg and if anything it will help us punters because it should ensure Barcelona don’t go easy on the Premier League champions here. We’ve seen over the last month or so how English clubs have been shown up in European competition and I’m expecting a repeat of that here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/barcelona-vs-man-city-betting-barcelona-can-put-city-to-the-sword-at-the-camp-nou

Re: FC Barcelona v Manchester City > Wednesday March 18th Barcelona are too skinny to me given the circumstances surrounding the two teams.Barca will welcome City just before an ''El Classico'' and despite that Enrique said that nobody in the team is thinking about Real Madrid,i think the game may be much closer than everybody thinks.Barca are almost through and have a much tougher game at the weekend while City will give their best to get a good result.They almost handed the title to Chelsea and now have the CL game to take a shot at.I haven't been impressed with Barca lately.They dominated the reversed fixture and people think it's going to happen the same here but i am not so sure it's going to be awalk in the park for them.They can hope for a 1 goal difference at most if not a draw.Manchester City are udenrracheiving this season and Pellegrini's job looks in jeopardy.I think the return of Yaya might be a boost for the away side even though i think his performance has suffered after the ACoN.He is Barca ex-player and he could up his game to the occasion to prove something.He has been great in general through the years and his experience could be vital for tomorrow.I think Barca will get through but it won't be that easy for them especially having Real Madrid in mind.Barca don't have a big squad to choose from and their performance could suffer if Enrique decides to give a chance to some youngers against the fired up UK side.On the other hand The Spaniards should really save some energy for the upcoming crucial game in La Liga so i really expect a low scoring game with Barca dominating the possession trying to kill the tempo.My bet:City +1AH @ 2.35 with bet365 and small bet on Correct Score 1:1 @ 10

Re: FC Barcelona v Manchester City > Wednesday March 18th Well I was hoping that Simeon Borisof wouldn't show up to demolish my chances... I don't agree with you. Even though Barcelona might just end up in managing their effort towards next match, there is one thing they won't do and Luis Enrique Barcelona doesn't like: score one goal only and control tempo most of the time, even though they did it against Eibar but honestly, they rotated in order for today's match, so I can't see them give less than 100% at any given moment. Even though Barcelona is much, MUCH better than Manchester City in my opinion, and pretty sure they know that only scoring a goal is very dangerous against a team with Aguero and Touré. You may be 1-0 up, and then they do the 1-1 and they just need a goal to get it to overtime and in CL clutch moments, you never know what happens. I'm pretty sure Barcelona will want to score at least twice. Both teams will give 100% and Barcelona may only start to manage their physical and mental effort with a comfortable lead of 2 goals.

Re: FC Barcelona v Manchester City > Wednesday March 18th have to agree with borisof this could very well end in a surprise ... people just see stats from this late barsa but they do not tell whole story its true they look better tactically at times than in autumn but come from being sweeped out the pitch at villareal and against big teams they still look beateable and depending too much on messi moods ... thats teh bad news fro city as the argie looks motivated yet with his prima doa traits some bad move from luis enrquique may prompt bad reaction from the pulga ... of course at the end tactics may not matter much couse when u have those 3 upfront as teh msn probably the strongest atacking force in football planet by miles then everything else is not decesive but blue lights have as well some big players to hit back .... on teh other hand busquets out is big blow for locals even if u have masche to cover ..meaning they have number one and two probably in the world in the def midfield rol ..not sure wich one is ahead tough ...then again that means mascche shall be missed further down the lines to cover usual barsa side def gaps ... all in all at least 3 goals are on cards but bookies expect that so not much value left ..rather the draw/goal or asian on citee more value or even surprise from epl side if host take it fro granted they could have a long eve ...

Re: FC Barcelona v Manchester City > Wednesday March 18th and not only depending on messi mood but also just like last season they have ups and downs through the matches .....can not keep the high tempo/focus throughout ...if city manages to soak up pressure somehow and hit back it could be very open ... of course thats not easy at cn :/

Re: FC Barcelona v Manchester City > Wednesday March 18th man city never learns a god damn thing. the players are just noobs and repeat the same mistakes every year so i anticipate this match will be similar to last years scenario. barcelona have a bit more firepower this year so could win by at least three goals

Re: FC Barcelona v Manchester City > Wednesday March 18th The referee tonight will be Gianluca Rocchi. This guy is not shy when it comes to showing cards. Out of the last 20 matches there have been a total of 17 red cards shown in 14. That includes 3 CL matches where total of 5 reds were shown. Red card 3.30 @ Unibet Also the usual suspects to be booked: Mascherano 3.00 Dani Alves 3.80 Fernanidho 2.55 Zabaleta 2.55 All Unibet. Depending on who will start, there might be some more value in the cards. As long as City still has a chance and Barca something to lose, we could see some action on the pitch.

Re: FC Barcelona v Manchester City > Wednesday March 18th Barcelona – Manchester City – Both teams to score at 1.52 @ Marathonbet This is the second leg of this duel with Barcelona hosting Manchester City. Blaugrana won the first game with 2-1 on England and now they have the huge advantage for the qualifying on the next round. Barcelona are in cruise control as they continue to make short work of their opponents. They have won their last 5 competitive fixtures with 4 of those matches coming on the road including their 2-1 defeat of Manchester City in the first leg. Manchester City are in the midst of a nightmare they cannot wake from, as 3 defeats from their last 4 competitive fixtures has seen both their Premier League and Champions League title hopes take a significant hit. Last time out they shockingly fell to Burnley 0-1, marking just the 3rd time they had been shutout all season in the EPL (29 matches). The loss leaves them at 6 points back from Chelsea.

Re: FC Barcelona v Manchester City > Wednesday March 18th My pick here is Barcelona -1.5 with good odds. There is a huge difference between these 2 clubs at the moment. Barcelona is much better team here. City needs to attack, and their defence simply can not keep Messi,Suarez and Neymar from scoring goals. Barcelona can easily score 2-3 goals here City getting maybe one.

Re: FC Barcelona v Manchester City > Wednesday March 18th

I think Barcelona on a handicap is the way to go' date=' but with some cover if Barcelona win by only one goal. While the class difference is enormous, Barca could have one eye on El Clasico.[/quote'] How can the class difference be ''enormous''? City didn't play well in the first game, but in the end Barca won by a single goal. City lost this tie narrowly last season as well, 2-1. City also have guys that, on their day, are as good as anything Barcelona have, Toure, Silva, Nasri, Aguero. An ''enormous'' difference in class is England playing San Marino; the only significant difference here is tactical organisation.

Re: FC Barcelona v Manchester City > Wednesday March 18th Lol City is useless, I don't get how people don't get that when they continually suck in Europe. Everything but a Barca victory will be a huge surprise, while I personally wouldn't be surprised if they win by 2 or 3 goals. City couldn't do anything at home, they will have to go all or nothing in this one and unless Barca is going to miss million chances they should score a couple.

How can the class difference be ''enormous''? City didn't play well in the first game' date=' but in the end Barca won by a single goal. City lost this tie narrowly last season as well, 2-1. City also have guys that, on their day, are as good as anything Barcelona have, Toure, Silva, Nasri, Aguero. An ''enormous'' difference in class is England playing San Marino; the only significant difference here is tactical organisation.[/quote'] In the Champions League, the class difference between Barca and City is enormous. Barca aspire for winning the tournament every season, while City can barely get out of the group stage despite spending hundreds of millions. In the last 10 seasons Barca have won the tournament 3 times, City's best performance is being eliminated in the last sixteen round. That's a galaxy apart. The comparison between England and San Marino is not applicable because there are no teams like San Marino in the Champions League (no joke). I don't care about City's domestic league record because doing well in the domestic league and in the Champions League are two completely different things.

Re: FC Barcelona v Manchester City > Wednesday March 18th He's just adding some really important facts alexc, that's all. Why on earth should city suddenly achieve some kind of result tonight away in Barcelona? Based on what preciously? Barca is turning things up lately and their attack is as lethal as the women in kill bill. I have no doubts city will concede goals tonight. City always fails in Europa and they were lucky to even progress this year. Their current form is highly questionable, something is just not right in their dressing room and their coach's head is under enormous pressure. They concede goals in every single game and often more than once. Barca starting to click like back in the old days, well rested and hungry for some silverware. Even a draw would be a huge upset imo. I think we will see a great game, goals from both sides cause you just can't fully trust the backline of Barca yet. 3-1 likely result for me here! If you wanna gamble on a result for city go for goals and a 2-2 scoreline cause Messi and co will surely score twice tonight.

Re: FC Barcelona v Manchester City > Wednesday March 18th Im on cards as well, but Barca and Btts looks tempting, too. I am waiting on a 2-1, 3-1, maybe 3-2 game, City is pretty good at scoring, whether it comes to away or home, CL or league, and Barca is good at conceding. Since the match will be at Nou Camp, Barca is palying a different football there for years, can not see them scoring there. Odds are right for Barca and btts @2.50 on bet365.

Im on cards as well' date=' but Barca and Btts looks tempting, too. I am waiting on a 2-1, 3-1, maybe 3-2 game, City is pretty good at scoring, whether it comes to away or home, CL or league, and Barca is good at conceding. Since the match will be at Nou Camp, Barca is palying a different football there for years, can not see them scoring there. Odds are right for Barca and btts @2.50 on bet365.[/quote'] Were 2.75 on Unibet in the morning. Was 2.9 four days ago, bought it at 2.8. Massive price. That's my bet as well.

I think Barcelona on a handicap is the way to go' date=' but with some cover if Barcelona win by only one goal. While the class difference is enormous, [b']Barca could have one eye on El Clasico.
It's not like they are going to be tired on Sunday, if they play a serious 90 minutes on Tuesday.

It's not like they are going to be tired on Sunday' date=' if they play a serious 90 minutes on Tuesday.[/quote'] It's wednesday you know and at this stage of the season a couple of days more to rest could mean the world for a team Sent from my iPhone using PL Forum app

It's wednesday you know and at this stage of the season a couple of days more to rest could mean the world for a team Sent from my iPhone using PL Forum app
Doesn't really make a difference. He was partially right though. A lot of halfhearted scoring attempts by Barcelona. They should have won by 5. What a joke.