** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Southampton v Manchester City > Sunday November 30th

Aidymac

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617] [TR=class: row0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Southampton v Manchester City (13:30 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.65[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.6[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.2[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]100.63 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Southampton v Manchester City > Sunday November 30th I think that Southampton's position in the league is a little misleading. Look, they have done fantastically well but at home they have not played any of the TOP half of the table. Leicester 2-0 Stoke 1-0 Sunderland 8-0 QPR 2-1 Newcastle 4-0 WBA 0-0 Newcastle and QPR were struggling when they played them. Sunderland are in plenty of trouble this season. Stoke very inconsistent. Leicester with just 1 away goal in 6 away games. I thought Saints looked terrible against Villa on Monday night. Everything was slow, and one paced. Sure they conceded a goal by goalkeeper mistake, but they never really looked like dominating and winning the game. Man City are the only team that can mount any type of challenge for Chelsea this season. Beating Bayern (even against 10 men) is not easy. It will give them confidence. Get Aguero the ball and let him do his thing. They have scored in every away game this season, and have 2 goals in a game in 5/6 games. I just don't see City dropping points here, and the 2.2 is a terrific price for the away win.

Re: Southampton v Manchester City > Sunday November 30th Agreed. If it took them that long to find an opportunity against Villa, then City aren't going to patiently wait for 90 mins. The one word to describe SH the other night was blunt. Hopefully city find some traction now and start gathering some momentum. An early goal can really rock the home side here. Another factor which I like to imagine is that the team who just played Bayern will (running uphill) will find this match far more comfortable than the team who has just played Villa (running down hill). Price demands a look in here.

Re: Southampton v Manchester City > Sunday November 30th although I do agree that ManCity are the better team, and saints may not end the season at 2nd place, they do have a good team. Villa game was a one-off I think. There were moments in the first half where they looked good but keeper mistake and most players just back from international duty, made the heads drop. Villa are no mugs. They are an amazing counter-attacking side who struggle against small teams but counter big teams well and do win against them as we have seen last year where they won against Suarez-liverpool at anfield and away at arsenal. Sure villa had key players out including benteke and vlaar, but Kieron and agblanlahor were great replacements (agblanlahor wouldnt have started had benteke been fit i dont think). I watched saints against stoke and they beat them both home and away, and looked impressive. Last season Saints beat city at home as well. So they will give city a good game as they have players and a manager to do so. Also, they had a whole week to prepare for this unlike city. In conclusion, the price is about right. I wouldnt touch city if they were lower than 2.25 away at saints. And lets be honest, beating bayern's 10-men is no achievement for a team who are Champions of England. Bayern werent even playing to full strength and those 10-men didnt exactly have Gotze and Muller, or even Dante in their ranks to start with (and had full strength bayern started with Dante, there would have been no penalty or a red card). Also, this saints team to me personally is better than last years. Lots of internationals, Pelle/Mane >>> Lambert. Llana is a quality player but Tadic and co are not bad. Wanayama and schneiderlin could go into any top teams starting 11. Man city are no mugs either ;) but away from home, at a team who has top 4 ambitions and suffered a loss of 2 points against a minnow, I think they will be raring to show the champions what they are made of. This game could easily end in a draw so city should not be any shorter and price is right.

Re: Southampton v Manchester City > Sunday November 30th

I think that Southampton's position in the league is a little misleading. Look, they have done fantastically well but at home they have not played any of the TOP half of the table. Leicester 2-0 Stoke 1-0 Sunderland 8-0 QPR 2-1 Newcastle 4-0 WBA 0-0 Newcastle and QPR were struggling when they played them. Sunderland are in plenty of trouble this season. Stoke very inconsistent. Leicester with just 1 away goal in 6 away games. I thought Saints looked terrible against Villa on Monday night. Everything was slow, and one paced. Sure they conceded a goal by goalkeeper mistake, but they never really looked like dominating and winning the game. Man City are the only team that can mount any type of challenge for Chelsea this season. Beating Bayern (even against 10 men) is not easy. It will give them confidence. Get Aguero the ball and let him do his thing. They have scored in every away game this season, and have 2 goals in a game in 5/6 games. I just don't see City dropping points here, and the 2.2 is a terrific price for the away win.
I'd be careful there mate. I went to Saints v Leicester two weeks ago and left impressed. They certainly looked better than they did at Villa. Villa put in a shift that night and didn't allow Saints to settle but, even playing badly, Saints deserved at least the draw. City of course will be a totally different proposition but I can definitely see Saints having them on the back foot for much of the game (just like last season) and gaining another draw (at worst). Good luck with your bet though.

Re: Southampton v Manchester City > Sunday November 30th I'd agree with the above. Basing Southampton's season on one away game doesn't make sense. People said Villa would have a poor side out but I looked at it before kick off and it looked decent enough to me. Regardless of who they've played Southampton have done brilliantly to be where they are at this point, underestimate them at your peril. Regards City, I'd say they still look vulnerable at the back and Southampton can get at them. Value on Southampton, imo.

Re: Southampton v Manchester City > Sunday November 30th ..and I too would agree with norn iron, Southampton's form didn't just happen by accident. They are a robust unit who work for each other as a team and can play some decent football too. Koeman has continued where they left off last season but even more impressively considering all the major departures the squad has endured. They are playing at home here where they have an impressive record and are not short of confidence either. Man City will be bhoyed by their win over Bayern midweek but it was a hard game for them , many teams underperform after they play champions league football and their form has been rather inconsistent too.

I think that Southampton's position in the league is a little misleading. Look, they have done fantastically well but at home they have not played any of the TOP half of the table. Leicester 2-0 Stoke 1-0 Sunderland 8-0 QPR 2-1 Newcastle 4-0 WBA 0-0 Newcastle and QPR were struggling when they played them. Sunderland are in plenty of trouble this season. Stoke very inconsistent. Leicester with just 1 away goal in 6 away games. I thought Saints looked terrible against Villa on Monday night. Everything was slow, and one paced. Sure they conceded a goal by goalkeeper mistake, but they never really looked like dominating and winning the game. Man City are the only team that can mount any type of challenge for Chelsea this season. Beating Bayern (even against 10 men) is not easy. It will give them confidence. Get Aguero the ball and let him do his thing. They have scored in every away game this season, and have 2 goals in a game in 5/6 games. I just don't see City dropping points here, and the 2.2 is a terrific price for the away win.
Totally agree with this. Form is temporary, class is permanent is usually a phrase I have in the back of my mind when looking at two teams, and their respective recent form. Looking at Southampton you probably wouldn't expect them to finish above seventh and as the form suggests they are yet to face a top four side. The thing with City is that they blow hot and cold and have conceded this season to weak opponents. I'd expect them to be more focused against Southampton and buoyed by the win over Bayern.

Re: Southampton v Manchester City > Sunday November 30th 3pts Draw 13/5 Bet365 This is one of the more intriguing games of the weekend with both sides looking for a win which will keep a little bit of heat up on Chelsea at the top. In many ways Southampton can have a good go at this one because they won’t have expected to be in this position going into the season so the win is probably more important for City which adds to the pressure. Both sides can defend so they might just cancel each other out. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/southampton-vs-man-city-betting-chelsea-s-nearest-challengers-can-cancel-each-other-out

Re: Southampton v Manchester City > Sunday November 30th Southampton V Manchester City Manchester City DNB @ 1.71 Betfair > 5% BR I think both sides of the argument are valid in the buildup to this game but the bottom line is that Southampton are going to face their toughest test of the season so far on Sunday. I agree that Southampton are a really strong team and have played with great cohesion and confidence so far but they have not faced a team of genuine quality yet (yeh but Phantom they beat Arsenal at the Emirates etc etc etc yawn yawn yawn). For me Manchester City are the second best team in the division and simply not on the same level as the wretched group of bunglers to which Southampton have faced so far. Man City have real quality and will punish you if you open up and give them chances. If Southampton use a high pressing gung-ho style on Sunday they could get caught out by the guile and quality that City have in abundance. Perhaps if Man City had blown it against Bayern then this game would probably be one to avoid but the manner in which City turned the game around will be a huge confidence boost and may just kick start their season. Toure and Fernandinho will also be fully rested after being suspended midweek and the fact that Man City didn’t have to travel will also be a boost so I don’t see that champions league game hampering them, quite the opposite infact. I do not see Southampton as champions league contenders, infact they will be lucky to achieve a Europa league place come the end of the season such is the limitations of their squad. Very tough game for City on Sunday but they will be really up for it now and ultimately their quality may just be too much for Southampton. City with full draw cover? I feel it’s worth a spin so let’s see what happens.

Re: Southampton v Manchester City > Sunday November 30th So Southampton have one poor game this season and still manage a result whilst Man City have been struggling all season, were lucky to beat Bayern's 10 men, should have more fatigue and travel to the side with the best defence in Europe. Don't see the logic myself. On City's current form, 2.2 is a poor price, but I also can't back Southampton @ around 9/4.. I'll sit back and watch but Unders could be a real possibility with Southampton being so solid at the back.

So Southampton have one poor game this season and still manage a result whilst Man City have been struggling all season' date=' were lucky to beat Bayern's 10 men, should have more fatigue and travel to the side with the best defence in Europe. Don't see the logic myself. On City's current form, 2.2 is a poor price, but I also can't back Southampton @ around 9/4.. I'll sit back and watch but Unders could be a real possibility with Southampton being so solid at the back.[/quote'] That's pretty much how I see it, a tight, low scoring affair. I actually considered backing 'no goalscorer' here, as I expect neither team would be disappointed with a point but Koeman is as shrewd as the come and might just nick this one late on. I'l have a small stakes bet on: Southampton to win 1-0 & G Pelle First Goalscorer 55/1 @ BetFred

Re: Southampton v Manchester City > Sunday November 30th In the course of the season, City showed just awful defending and that keeps continuing week after week. Although there were some statements that they will try to regroup after the international break nothing has changed. Their defending against Swansea and Bayern were critical. Swansea had beside the goal couple of sitters and just beacuse of the bad finishing they didn't got any points. What to say for match against Bayern. Even with ten men Bavarians totally dominated the game but had a blackout in the last couple of minutes. What is important for me in this match is that Saints are quite good defensive side (bar that goal against Villa) and with the level of City's defending for me they are much closer to winning. I will probably skip this match as I would like that the price for the Saints is bit higher, but i would never put a dime on City with this level of play.

Re: Southampton v Manchester City > Sunday November 30th SOUTHAMPTON – MANCHESTER CITY G/G at 1.61 @ Marathonbet A very interesting game is that of “St. Mary’s” between the 2nd Southampton and the 3rd Manchester City. The Saints have made a superb start at this year’s Premier League, having stability at their performances and counting only two losses at the first 12 weeks. In addition, they are without a loss at their six home games (5-1-0), having conceded only one goal at this series. Manchester City, on the other hand, wants to prove that remains strong at the defense of last year’s title. The motive for the win is high, since the three points will bring the Citizens at the 2nd place, reviving the hopes for the title. Taking into consideration all the facts, I end up at choosing the G/G option.

Re: Southampton v Manchester City > Sunday November 30th After reading every post in this thread I think the wisest choice is to watch the first 15 mins then take a position. I feel that one team will be sharp and the other flat but now I'm not so sure which will be which. These form lines and statistics can be the great deceivers of football betting. Sometimes your eyes are the best source of information.

100% Toto' date=' most shrewdies these days bet in-play. You can learn an awful lot in the first 10-15 mins of a game.[/quote'] True, though unfortunately it doesn't always tell you what will happen for the other 75 mins

Re: Southampton v Manchester City > Sunday November 30th Both Teams To Score? YES This is the only logic selection in my eyes here Another one to combine is Apoel to beat Omonia in Cyprus first division Sorry i dont know where else to post it, but this one is a money printer 10/10 bet Apoel@ 1.70 offered by bet365 is pure value This is a derby in words only, because there is huge gap in terms of quality and expirience. Apoel has 10 times the budget of Omonia, and definitely the better squad. I watched Apoel last friday here in Limassol against us Apollon, and we managed to hold them in a goalless draw, while Apoel was superior to us for 90 minutes. DONT MISS IT!