** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Nap of the Day - Wednesday 22nd October 2014

Re: Nap of the Day - Wednesday 22nd October 2014 4.55 Newm - Murgan - win at 7/2 bog wm hill The 10F Zetland Stakes - I'm sure this used to be a Listed race for the most stamina laden 2 year olds........a straight 10 furlongs usually on soft ground. Some good horses won it. I remember Twice Over winning and Hartnell won it last year. Now it's been relegated to class 3 My selection is an expensive purchase at 190K gns, has tons of stamina and good breeding, Galileo out of a Darshaan mare, and is the only one of these entered in next years Derby. He's had a run - noted making good late progress in a maiden He probably only has to be Listed class to win this against a couple of fairly exposed market leaders. The Hannon horse is sure to stay but looks like an 80s handicapper and Johnston's horse has been fading in his races over shorter trips.

Re: Nap of the Day - Wednesday 22nd October 2014

3.0 font Upton mead @ 15/2 coral cant have amuse me at the moment who is totally out of form. Try catch me has gone up 10lbs for last win and is up in grade. Mister wiseman doesn't seam to act at the track although Mr Moore is up this time so maybe better is expected. Star performer is running ok but has never been round font well before. The informant has been off since May and has run badly after a break last season. This leaves me with the outsider of the lot Upton mead. A previous cd winner who is running 1lb above his last winning Mark. I'm hoping for an overnight deluge as the softer the better. Jockey takes off 7lb and with me having doubts about every other horse in the race, although Upton mead isn't a cast iron selection I think the price is decent and if the ground becomes soft will definitely not be the outsider come race time. I have Mr wiseman as the danger purely on an interesting jockey booking.
Jesus...... Maybe back Upton mead if it ever runs over 7 miles in wet cement...... 10lb didn't stop try catch me, ran well!!!

Re: Nap of the Day - Wednesday 22nd October 2014 18.55 Kempton: Wentworth Falls @ 10/3 VC Big scopy gelding, though still a maiden after three starts, however showed loads of promise in all his starts. Really caught my eye in his latest run when he tried to make all from the front at Wolverhampton.. He was put under pressure from 3f out but was really game kicked on approaching home turn. He soon was clear and looked like the winner. However over 1f out he suddenly started to hang badly to his left and almost crashed into the rails. This cost an awful lot of momentum and he got eventually caught. He looks well capable to win a maiden though, and the step up to 1m should suit perfectly, being by Dansili as well the fact that he is a full brother to smart miler Strawberrydaiquiri. The wide draw is a bit of a natural worry today, but he should be able to overcome it with his gate speed and should have not too many excuses in the end.

Re: Nap of the Day - Wednesday 22nd October 2014 Winners so far; Luckypants 5/2 Nawoo 11/8 Shaunmac 11/8 Fianna 15/8 Twinny placed 8/1 :ok

:ok 1955 Kempton 0.5pt e/w Cape Summit 10/1 Ladbrokes
8.55 Kempton - Exchequer @ 9/4 Bet365 BOG
8.55 - Kempton - Exchequer - 9/4 - SkyBET BOG
6.55 - Newmarket Heatstroke - Win - 28/1 @ BetVictor
18.55 Kempton: Wentworth Falls @ 10/3 VC .
6.55 Kempton Natural Nine @ 5/2 PP

Well done mate! Hope you had a decent amount on it! I was a bit of a wimp and only did £2.50 E/W
Cheers, had a tenner for the win & fiver for a place. Was too green lto, had it on my tracker, thought i'd give the Galileo colt another chance to live upto it's promise, over a longer distance & with a little more experience.. Price seemed way too big..!

Cheers' date=' had a tenner for the win & fiver for a place. Was too green lto, had it on my tracker, thought i'd give the Galileo colt another chance to live upto it's promise, over a longer distance & with a little more experience.. Price seemed way too big..![/quote'] Very nice win then:nana

Re: Nap of the Day - Wednesday 22nd October 2014 I think reading "hit's" reasoning after the race shows what a great bet this was. When I see selections at big prices I'm never quite sure if this is purely a selection to try and climb the table or it is actually a well thought out horse worth a punt!! I think we should go back to every selection having some reasoning behind it, even just 20 words..... Would really help when deciding what to have a punt on. This forum produces so many great results and I wouldn't want writing the reasoning to put people off posting but it only takes a few mins and in my opinion it Definately worth the time.

I think reading "hit's" reasoning after the race shows what a great bet this was. When I see selections at big prices I'm never quite sure if this is purely a selection to try and climb the table or it is actually a well thought out horse worth a punt!! I think we should go back to every selection having some reasoning behind it' date=' even just 20 words..... Would really help when deciding what to have a punt on. This forum produces so many great results and I wouldn't want writing the reasoning to put people off posting but it only takes a few mins and in my opinion it Definately worth the time.[/quote'] Totally agree but unfortunately we will end up with about 25 people each month, the idea was to create a bigger competition with better prizes, hence the change. Its disappointing that some of the old regulars now don't provide reasoning anymore but we cant force them. Its early days and we can change things anytime like the prize money aspect of it. :ok

Re: Nap of the Day - Wednesday 22nd October 2014 Yeah I thought the idea that you had of adding a % to the prizes if you add reasoning to your selection would change things but there is still only a handful of us doing it. If it's your nap then surely you have reasoning..... If not it becomes guess of the day rather than nap of the day. I know the majority know there stuff and do there research, you only have to look at previous results to see that. It doesn't matter to me if the selection is 1/3 or 33/1 as long as who ever posts it explains why it's there nap!!! I like to use this site as a betting medium and do punt on various peoples selections but that's because I have followed them for a while. It would just help me and I'm guessing others if reasoning was added.... I just thought 'hits, selection was a very good example of this as when i see these big price selections the first thing I always think is "why"!!! Anyway, thanks for the reply billy, anyone else have any thoughts????