Burnley v Manchester United > Saturday August 30th

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617] [TR=class: row0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Burnley v Manchester United (12:45 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]7.2[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.57[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]99.75 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Burnley v Manchester United > Saturday August 30th Burnley-Manchster United Of course United won't be losing for whole season and now with Di Maria upfront they should look a bit different but i don't see why they will stop losing just now.Their defence is a complete joke,no matter 3,4 or 5 defenders Van Gaal play.They were destroyed by MK Dons and their free falling looks to be just starting.The team just couldn't handle the high pressure which was used by the home team yestreday.Man UTD looks toothless,the team can't score and the defence is not any different.I can't call DE Gea, Evans,Wellbeck,Chicharito,Anderson,Kagawa and Januzaj being a "B squad' players so the statement 'The coach played his 2nd squad''doesn't look much of an excuse to me.Van Gaal will play Blackett instead of Evans and Rooney and Rvp instead of Wellbeck and Hernandez,Di Maria and Mata upfront and so on...The starting line-up looked different last night but the final outcome was the same as well as their productivity upfront. I think the game could well up end with Burnley scoring more than once even though 1 goal could be enough for them to win.I would try Burnley on -1 AH but bet365 don't offer that option yet so i am going for a straight HW @ 6.

Re: Burnley v Manchester United > Saturday August 30th Both Teams To Score 10/11 @ Bet365 - United's defence is clearly their weakness this season but they have great talent in attack especially now they have signed Di Maria. Both Teams To Score would have won in both of United's league games so far and in 1 out of the 2 games Burnley have played in the league. Burnley managed to score at home against what is in my opinion the best defence in the league (Chelsea) and i expect them to go on the front foot against United as they have nothing to fear in terms of the United defence and attack will be the best form of defence for them in this game. On the other hand i struggle to see Burnley keeping a clean sheet with the likes of Mata, Rooney and Van Persie in attack for United as well as probably Di Maria if he starts. I can definitely see goals in this game and i think 10/11 are good odds for both sides to find the net.

Re: Burnley v Manchester United > Saturday August 30th Both Teams To Score - 1.91 - Coral Think the odds are generous here. Burnley at home only failed to score 4 times out of 23 games, Man United away only failed to score 3 times out of 19 games and that was against Liverpool, Arsenal and Everton. Burnley scored against Chelsea and were very unlucky not to score against Swansea and generally look ok in attack, however there defence whilst good in the championship isn't up to scratch in this league and they look vulnerable. Man United have a very good attack with Rooney, RVP, Mata and Di Maria and although they haven't clicked yet they should still get goal with the individual quality they have it only takes one moment of genius, there defence is weak and aren't yet comfortable with the new system and formation and coupled with there wide midfielders are also defensively poor, Burnley should have a few chances.

Re: Burnley v Manchester United > Saturday August 30th Burnley v Manchester United Source William Hill Opta Stats · Burnley's only previous Barclays Premier League home game against Manchester United saw them win 1-0 thanks to a goal from Robbie Blake. · Manchester United have won five of their last six encounters with Burnley, keeping a clean sheet in each victory. · Manchester United have won only two of their last six Premier League games in August (D2 L2). · United have the lowest cross completion rate in the Premier League so far this season (5% - excl. corners). · Angel Di Maria has assisted 11 goals in his last 11 league appearances. · Robin van Persie has failed to hit any sort of shot in each of his last two Premier League appearances - the first time that this has happening in his Man Utd career. · Burnley have played Manchester City, Liverpool, Tottenham, Chelsea and now Manchester Utd in their last five Premier League games at Turf Moor. · Burnley have kept only three clean sheets in 40 Premier League games but one of them came at home to Manchester United in August 2009. · The Clarets are one of two teams (along with Barnsley) never to draw a Premier League game 0-0. · Of the seven ever-present teams in the Premier League, Manchester United have played in the lowest proportion of 0-0 draws (5.5%).

Re: Burnley v Manchester United > Saturday August 30th I feel I was unlucky last week as my big bet on the o2.5 vs Sunderland looked a sure thing level 1-1 at half. But, was unable to get a second. I said I would bet overs on United games until they proved me wrong, well that was last weekend. Here are my notes this week Rojo still yet to be presented with working papers, no way should he feature. DiMaria could play, but let's be honest here, he's had precious little playing time, was hurt in the World Cup, and has had what, maybe 1 or 2 training sessions with United? Herrera still ruled out with injury, and without long term starters Shaw and Carrick still. I honestly have no idea what happened to Smalling last weekend, they are saying he had a hamstring issue, but didn't look it to me. United have 10 injury issues this week, one more than last, and lost Nani (replaced by the aforementioned DiMaria). This is the definition of insanity, throwing out the same thing each week and expecting a different result. United defense still very, very suspect - although I'm not sure that Burnley has the talent to break it down that much. United has class with Rooney, Mata and RvP. But, I look at that defense, the midfield, the scheme LvG trying to throw out there and I just don't know if it can work as is. If you give United a healthy Carrick, Shaw, Herrera (lets face it those are three starters, not rotation guys), you get Valencia on one wing, DiMaria out there, let Mata stay forward as the attacking CM, with Rooney, and RvP - that has the start of a promising lineup. Carrick's presence can certainly sure up the defense and allow quicker transitions from defense to offense. Smalling no longer need bring the ball all the way up the pitch. Jones can make the occasional bombing run forward and have Smalling/Evans drift back with Carrick lending support - Shaw and Herrera should offer terrific work rates, this is something I'd long to see as a supporter. But, that's not here now. There are much better games to bet on this this weekend - but gun to head, Burnley to win or +0.5 looked the value earlier in the week - now not much value left as it's been bet down pretty heavily. Game very well could end 1-1 yet again. No Bet.

Re: Burnley v Manchester United > Saturday August 30th United have ridiculous problems. At the moment it's a lopsided team with a defensive structure that is frail, not coordinated and which fails to understand the system in which it's meant to operate. It is ridiculous that you 'break' Luke Shaw by over training him, and don't get the paper work in order for Rojos. What the hell is that for organization ! In Fergies last season, United just played 'we will score more than you football'. It worked, and they won the title. But this season they seem to be between a rock and a hard place. The defense will probably give up a weak goal or 2, and the attack just cannot get the team over the line. In the Sunderland game, Rooney and van Persie (your two ACES) were not in the game. They hardly touched the ball ! As a casual observer, and def no coach, I say 'find a way to get them in the game. Get your best players the ball ' ! For me, Rooney operating behind the strikers in the space seems to be a better option. That won't happen. van Gaal has a massive ego and bravado, but at the moment he is delivering nothing ! He says he wants 3 month's but realistically he does not have that time Man City and Chelsea will be over the hills and long gone, and United will be a long way behind Arsenal, Liverpool and Spurs for 4th place. Crazy as it sounds but this is already a must-win game for United. Lose it they are already 8 points behind CHelsea or Man City or SPurs or all three ! Defensively it's probably Valencia, Jones, Evans , Blackett, Young which hardly inspires confidence. Valencia is a right wing ! Blackett a young pup learning his trade ! Young is a left wing ! So that leaves Jones who is ok for me and Evans who has always been a rotational player at best (filling in when either Vidic or Ferdinand was injured). He had a stinker in the Capital Cup, but will be the most experienced defender you have :unsure Burnley were pretty good against a world class Chelsea team. Schurrle's goal laid on by Fabergas was sensational. You won't see a better pass than that all EPL season. They also created some chances with strong running and energy, and I am unconvinced that United can Blank them. So .... must win game with a defense that can't keep a clean sheet means goals. Over 2.5 goals here at odds of 1.98 betvictor for 4 units for me

Re: Burnley v Manchester United > Saturday August 30th @ManUtd: #mufc starting XI: De Gea, Jones, Evans, Blackett, Valencia, Young, Fletcher, Di Maria, Mata, Rooney, van Persie. http://t.co/3hrmnV6NLT @ManUtd: United's subs at Turf Moor: Januzaj, Hernandez, Welbeck, James, M. Keane, Anderson, Amos. #MUFCLIVE @BurnleyOfficial: Confirmed #BFC starting XI: Heaton; Trippier, Duff, Shackell ©, Mee; Arfield, Jones, Marney, Taylor; Ings, Jutkiewicz. #ClaretsLIVE

Re: Burnley v Manchester United > Saturday August 30th Man Utd -1 (AH) @ 1.975 Bet365 (4 Points) I know I will be going against the grain here but I can't see past a Man Utd win and as such will be taking them on the asian line. Yes they have had a terrible start to the season. Van Gaal is still finding his feet and the players don't yet look comfortable with the system. But that doesn't automatically mean they are going to be losing every week. In Burnley they are up against a side who in all likeliness are going to finish bottom of the league. I hate to say that as I want them to do well and stay up. But they have really struggled in the transfer market and they've barely improved their side at all from last season. Yes they had a great home record last season and didn't concede too many. But as much as everyone is enjoying mocking Utd they still finished 7th last season and you would fancy them to beat a bottom 3 team away. No doubt Burnley and their crowd will be bang up for this and the likes of Di Maria won't be used to be playing at the lies if Turf moor which will work in the Clarets favourite. This isnt going to be a walkover for United by any means but I still expect to see a reaction from them. Rooney has been made England captain this week which should give him an extra push and the arrival of Di Maria should have given everyone a boost. No doubt Utd have been poor in their opening games but I think they will get their first 3 points on board today and Van Gaal will get the reaction he's been looking for from his players.

Re: Burnley v Manchester United > Saturday August 30th

United have ridiculous problems. At the moment it's a lopsided team with a defensive structure that is frail, not coordinated and which fails to understand the system in which it's meant to operate. It is ridiculous that you 'break' Luke Shaw by over training him, and don't get the paper work in order for Rojos. What the hell is that for organization ! In Fergies last season, United just played 'we will score more than you football'. It worked, and they won the title. But this season they seem to be between a rock and a hard place. The defense will probably give up a weak goal or 2, and the attack just cannot get the team over the line. In the Sunderland game, Rooney and van Persie (your two ACES) were not in the game. They hardly touched the ball ! As a casual observer, and def no coach, I say 'find a way to get them in the game. Get your best players the ball ' ! For me, Rooney operating behind the strikers in the space seems to be a better option. That won't happen. van Gaal has a massive ego and bravado, but at the moment he is delivering nothing ! He says he wants 3 month's but realistically he does not have that time Man City and Chelsea will be over the hills and long gone, and United will be a long way behind Arsenal, Liverpool and Spurs for 4th place. Crazy as it sounds but this is already a must-win game for United. Lose it they are already 8 points behind CHelsea or Man City or SPurs or all three ! Defensively it's probably Valencia, Jones, Evans , Blackett, Young which hardly inspires confidence. Valencia is a right wing ! Blackett a young pup learning his trade ! Young is a left wing ! So that leaves Jones who is ok for me and Evans who has always been a rotational player at best (filling in when either Vidic or Ferdinand was injured). He had a stinker in the Capital Cup, but will be the most experienced defender you have :unsure Burnley were pretty good against a world class Chelsea team. Schurrle's goal laid on by Fabergas was sensational. You won't see a better pass than that all EPL season. They also created some chances with strong running and energy, and I am unconvinced that United can Blank them. So .... must win game with a defense that can't keep a clean sheet means goals. Over 2.5 goals here at odds of 1.98 betvictor for 4 units for me
wow , what a load of poop from United. Never seen such an insipid display in 15 years. Totally wrong system that won't work boring boring garbage

Re: Burnley v Manchester United > Saturday August 30th

I see Van Gaal' date=' in his pre-match interview, called Burnley a long ball team, thusly somewhat underestimating them. 31/20 at Boylesports for the double chance of Burnley/draw is the bet to take here.[/quote'] Pretty much as expected, then. I think Burnley might be disappointed, in all truth, that they did not win the game given their relative dominance in the first half. Another thing that was clear to see, with Burnley playing 4-4-2, was that the aura of Manchester United has well and truly disappeared now; that does not bode well for United's immediate future.