Constant all ins

JJG

I'm fairly new to poker and I'm finding nearly all tables I play you get a player that constantly goes all in when every hand is dealt , you're sitting there with a good hand but its too risky to go all in all the time and the player doing it does it on the first move , is this the norm in poker ? They hardly win anything but the blinds , its a waste and ruins the game IMO

Re: Constant all ins

You wouldn't want to play poker with me at the table then! :lol
Lol , but what they do isn't worth it , its the their first move and everyone else folds so they win about 20cents , if they thought their hand was that good that they are confident of going all in surely they would try and win later in the hand.

You wouldn't want to play poker with me at the table then! :lol
Nobody amasses stacks quite like you do that's for sure!
Lol ' date=' but what they do isn't worth it , its the their first move and everyone else folds so they win about 20cents , if they thought their hand was that good that they are confident of going all in surely they would try and win later in the hand.[/quote'] The thing is you have to adjust to the game you're playing. If someone is open shoving every hand then you know you can call with a wider than normal range i.e AT, 88 etc. You could say you're not 'learning' as you want to be, if people are going all-in, but you do learn a different approach, you learn about adjusting and it makes you think what ranges would actually be profitable to play now instead.

Nobody amasses stacks quite like you do that's for sure! The thing is you have to adjust to the game you're playing. If someone is open shoving every hand then you know you can call with a wider than normal range i.e AT, 88 etc. You could say you're not 'learning' as you want to be, if people are going all-in, but you do learn a different approach, you learn about adjusting and it makes you think what ranges would actually be profitable to play now instead.
That is a good point , I never looked at it that way , a few posts earlier were spot on too , once you start playing for a but more cash it rarely happens.

• 2 weeks later...

That is a good point ' date=' I never looked at it that way , a few posts earlier were spot on too , once you start playing for a but more cash it rarely happens.[/quote'] It happens a lot in tournaments especially if the field is large. Players will try to build stacks early even though the risk reward makes little sense. so pick your spots and be prepared to lose a certain proportion of the times due to variance. Often medium to big pairs will be good as well as A's/K's with good kicker. You can also often judge the likely range based on their home country. You will often see players from eastern europe such as russia/ukraine or south americia use this tactic. If they are shoving often at low blinds then they will often be shoving light.

• 3 months later...