Out of interest.....

Probably been done before, but just wondering what peoples biggest win has been on the horses? Being a relatively small stakes bettor, my biggest win was around £2000 from a 50p e/w Lucky 31. I think I had 3 winners, including a 16/1 and one place or something like that. The thing that I always remember about it is that the placed horse got collared on the line and but for that I would have won around £25000.

Re: Out of interest..... My biggest win was a 9/4, 4/1, 14/1 treble I had £5 on it returned £1200 something around that. But I normally stick a small stake on treble bets as I only focus on 3 races per day so worth a go! From a single bet my biggest return was £600 from White Moonstone a few years back.

Re: Out of interest..... My biggest would be around 500 quid on a yankee or L15 in 1993 I can't even remember the stake now (probably 20p EW or something like that) but I had 3 winners, two of them were 28/1 and 6/1 (Ezzoud in the International and one of henry Cecil's called Edbaysan)...........just looked through the York results for that day but can't remember my other winner I did however see the one that lost.......Chickawicka in the last race, the nursery. It was 20/1.......:loon

Re: Out of interest..... My biggest win in terms of money returned was slightly above 4,000€ back in January 2013 (I was completely out of control at the time, gambled away 10,000€ in less than 24hrs one day) on a 3/1 shot, I didn't even remember the name... My biggest win in terms of odds was a 100/1 winner, backed with 5€ e/w in late summer of 2011 or 2012.

Re: Out of interest..... Biggest multiple was a 2quid ew trixie only a couple of months ago , had highland acclaim 16s , Spice Fair 3s , Streets of promise 1/3 returned 420. Biggest single was a 4 quid ew single on a horse on all weather , sure it stated with demosoil or something , Lydia Richards trained and always remember Steve drowned rode it , won 480

Re: Out of interest..... Best win I've deserved was a 20p Yankee and 80p acca with 4 winners at a nighttime March all weather meeting, after Cheltenham. Think that was around £500ish Best actual win was entirely undeserved. Had been perusing the first 4 races at a meeting, settled on the 4 selections, as said on comms there were only couple to load, so quickly scribbled races and cloth numbers down and stuck my 50p L15 on... However whilst I wrote down the races in the correct chronological order, and wrote the horse numbers in the correct order I'd picked them, I'd looked at the races (and remembered the selections) 1st race - along to 3rd race - down to 2nd race - along to 4th race :wall Obviously all 4 won, including the 2 I hadn't intended!! That mistake was the difference between winning about £9 & the ~£1100 I actually collected :loon Best win I've witnessed was regular Saturday lucky 15 punter, got all 4 up on his £1 l15 bet one Saturday, the last leg of which was a 33/1 Scottish National winner! He got just north of £32k after the bonus :eek Sent from my GT-I9300 using PL Forum

Re: Out of interest..... Mine was a €5 Yankee at Royal Ascot in '07, first three selections were winners: Tariq (Jersey), Nannina (Windsor Forest) and Royal Oath (Hunt Cup). The fourth was a two year old filly trained by John Gosden in the Queen Mary who was beaten a long way - if she wasn't going to win I was glad she got well beat and never looked like winning as it would have been too much to take had she been beaten less than a length - paid out around 3k but would have been over 10 times that had the fourth one won.

Re: Out of interest..... €300 e/w on a horse called European Dream at 16/1 at Newcastle back in 2004.. Richard guest trained it, Daryl holland rode.. Got a tip for it from my uncle, missed 25/1 by seconds... Returned €6,600

Re: Out of interest..... I was running a pub and one of the semi regs had a couple of horses. Real low grade things with maybe that fella who used to train at Mill Hill and run them at Lingfield. What was his name again? Anyway, the owner says one of his is running the next day at Yarmouth. Seasonal reappearance and the trainer reckons she fit enough. I don't take a huge amount of notice that night but the next morning I'm reading the RP and remember and have a look. Winner of the race the previous year off a pound lower mark and with a good girl up. Natalia Gemelova. Best price is Hills at 66/1 and as there is a shop across the road from me I see it as a sign. Stick my hand in my pocket, there's a oner in there. Open up the till there's forty in notes from the float. £70 e/w and I'll have the price please darling. Later on in the morning the early 4/1 fav is scratched meaning a R4 AND down from 16 to 15 runners. Not great. It didnt matter, they didn't see which way the horse went. Straight 7f and burned up the centre of the track, making all. The feeling seeing Gemelova sitting there quiet as a mouse at the 1f marker and the rest rowing away will stay with me forever. How much? Can't remember now so "you do the math". Remember h'cap and R4 4/1 That was 2007. I don't think I've backed a winner since.

Re: Out of interest..... The most I lost was a few years back when I thought laying horses was easy money (haha)... and had a lay to back on a horse called (ironically) Fault! I had layed with a view to getting out in running but it never went any higher in the run! lost about £200 on that one bet. :eyes

Re: Out of interest..... My biggest loss was when I was 'buying money' (oops) in an NFL game. Game was inside of the 2-min warning, team in possession were 3rd & 9 on their own 21yd line, they were 37pts down and had sat their starters. I backed the team who were leading on the -36.5 handicap at incredibly generous (oops) odds of 1.27 Of course they converted their 3rd down, came millimetres from bring intercepted on their next play, got a poxy OPI call way down field and then eventually ran it in for a TD unchallenged from 3yds. That was ~£150 Sent from my GT-I9300 using PL Forum

Re: Out of interest..... Biggest loss on one bet? £400 on the dogs. I was following this bitch at Monmore and she was bang on 16 weeks out of season and 4th run back. Early pacer had just not been getting home but had easily the best recent time by 10 spots. She was surrounded by loafers and I couldnt see her getting beat. Opened up 5/2 went off 7/4. She came out of the traps sideways, reading a copy of the RP and eating a bacon sandwich. I was never so gutted about one losing bet. Of course she won the next time out at 3s but I hadn't a bean on her. That was 2003 and I haven't backed a winner since.