Third Place Play-Off - Brazil v Netherlands > Saturday July 12th

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617]

[TR=class: row0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Brazil v Netherlands (21:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.3[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.9[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.3[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]99.42 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Third Place Play-Off - Brazil v Netherlands > Saturday July 12th In the last 8 World Cup 3rd placed playoff matches, there's a total of (from 1982, 90 mins) 5,4,3,4,3,5,4,5 goals. So Over 2.5 seems likely in this meaningless match, though odds are pretty low at 1.62 (SkyBet). Both teams are expected to send out their B squad, but there might be more motivation for Brazil to end with a winning note in front of their home fans after that humiliating loss against Germany. Hence I'll be going for this combination bet: Brazil win & Total Goals Over 2.5 @ 3.00 (SkyBet) 5/10

Third Place Play-Off - Brazil v Netherlands > Saturday July 12th

In the last 8 World Cup 3rd placed playoff matches' date=' there's a total of (from 1982, 90 mins) 5,4,3,4,3,5,4,5 goals. So [b']Over 2.5 seems likely in this meaningless match, though odds are pretty low at 1.62 (SkyBet). Both teams are expected to send out their B squad, but there might be more motivation for Brazil to end with a winning note in front of their home fans after that humiliating loss against Germany. Hence I'll be going for this combination bet: Brazil win & Total Goals Over 2.5 @ 3.00 (SkyBet) 5/10
Like your reasoning, but do you think Brazil will field anything but their strongest(that they can) side? I agree, that the game means more to Brazil. Scholari will be desperate to end his stint as manager with a win, while van Gaal will have his thoughts well & truly on Man Utd, and not this game.. Brazil to win & BTTS at 5/2 with Winner is another possibility too? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Third Place Play-Off - Brazil v Netherlands > Saturday July 12th Well finally no more pressure on Brazil. But Im not sure if they can bring up the concentration again or if they are all beat up..and the discussions about Scolari wont help too. If they get into a mood to give them back some pride and end the WC with awin they might win with a good margin. But Im not sure as they were totally gone after germany scored 2 goals. They turned a bit up in the 2nd half but mainly cause germany relaxed... Im not sure if they can turn it up again.. I think Holland will be dead tired. They had one day less to recover and prepare while having to go through 2 extra times in the K.O. Brazil will have a fit Silva back who is their most important player as seen vs. germany. Normaly I would go for over but both teams lack upfront. I dont see Van Persie playing much of a role in this game as he is clearly not fit. Robben who could punish brazil easily on counters is in a very fit condition but he might be rested as no one wants him to be injured in a meaningless game. He himself said after the game he doesnt care about 3rd place. Question is if Holland will have a similar approach as in the other games sitting back with 5 defenders... I think laying any draws and X/X bets might be a good idea as I cant see both teams wanting to go in any way to another extra time...

Re: Third Place Play-Off - Brazil v Netherlands > Saturday July 12th Tbh Im thinking about unders here because of the good price. I think that Brazil will want to not lose this game almost as much as they want to win, and even if 3rd place games usually give lots of goals, I tihnk Brazil in this game will be more tense than the average 3rd place playoff contestant because of the massive pressure and home crowd. Also both teams arent super in the attack. The dutch are on a good day, but on a bad day, not really. They just might sit back and wait to hit brazil on the counter and if brazil play rather cautiously too then its not likely to be a lot of goals. Plus with Thiago Silva brazil are somewhat solid at the back, and the whole defensive unit will want to redeem themselves and prove they can defend well. Of course it could open up towards the end and thats why I take under 1.5 goals HT for 1.65 @ Marathonbet. Good price in my opinion, very good price.

Re: Third Place Play-Off - Brazil v Netherlands > Saturday July 12th Definitely value on Brazil here in my view. Tremendous motivation gap between these two teams - Netherlands not needing and not caring about this game, while Brazil needing desperately this match to try to at least a little redeem themselves in the eyes of their nation. Netherlands will be missing Robben, Van Persie and Snejder (they don't want to play in this 3rd place game), which is a huge drop in class. The Dutch will use Depay, Lens and Huntelaar in front, and while Huntelaar still got class, Depay and Lens are in my eyes very over-rated and limited players. Particularly Depay is a guy with awful finishing skills. The Dutch defense has been doing excellent work so far, but this was at the price of utmost physical effort. They were running a lot and covering persistently for each other. I don't think that after 2 consecutive extra times, they will keep even close level of physical effort for a meaningless game. A without top physical performance, the Dutch defense might not be as good and stable. Brazil welcomes back Thiago Silva and probably Willian will be a stiker. I expect a relatively easy Brazilian win. Brazil @ 2.15 (bet365)

Re: Third Place Play-Off - Brazil v Netherlands > Saturday July 12th Despite being a Dutch fan since 1986, and heartbroken after that semi final loss, I will stay away from that game from a betting perspective. However, for those who want to bet, I agree with Fedar. When Van Gaal himself says "this is a game that shouldn't even be played", and I agree with him, it's hard to see the Dutch prevailing. If anything kept them winning, it was Van Gaal's class. One of the major reason they lost that semi-final was that he was unable to make tactical substitutions, he was forced to sub out players that were not 100% and barely able to walk at the time they were subbed out. On the other hand, Brazil does not want to finish with 2 straight losses at home, and they are after redemption. Brazil to win @ 2.15 on bet365 is good value.

Re: Third Place Play-Off - Brazil v Netherlands > Saturday July 12th The third place matches are traditionally high-scoring, but I just cannot see a lot of goals in this one. Brazil are without top goalscorer Neymar, the Netherlands - probably without Robben and RVP. Also Thiago Silva, Brazil's main defensive component, is back and Brazil should look way more organized in defense. 0-0 CS 18.00 Marathonbet

Re: Third Place Play-Off - Brazil v Netherlands > Saturday July 12th 4pts Over 3.5 goals 6/4 William Hill This match historically has goals in it and I see no reason why this one won’t be the same. Neither side wants to play in it but luckily for us both have players who have the absolute perfect platform to showcase their skills and really entertain us. We’ve seen all tournament that both teams can score goals so I expect a wide open game and a lot of scoring opportunities here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/brazil-vs-netherlands-betting-expect-a-goal-frenzy-in-the-third-place-game

Re: Third Place Play-Off - Brazil v Netherlands > Saturday July 12th I don't think I'd see a high scorer here. The Dutch haven't been set up to entertain, and Brazil have been average. They also have Fred up front. Brazil win would be the play here, for me. Brazil friendlies must be the most important of any nation, you get the impression the whole of Brazil watches whenever the national side is in action, and I'd liken this to a friendly. Dutch completely not interested, so the motivation factor should see Brazil home.

Re: Third Place Play-Off - Brazil v Netherlands > Saturday July 12th Four times in the WC history have hosting team played the third place play-offs and every time hosts have won. So I'm taking Brazil @ 2.15 (bet365). I'm taking small bet before the game (2/10) and then will be watching the game for more information, if Brazilians seem to be playing with motivation to win and Holland will be playing like they dont care I'll put another 10/10 bet on Brazil to win in normal time.

Re: Third Place Play-Off - Brazil v Netherlands > Saturday July 12th I think the chances are this match will follow the normal pattern for 3rd place games and be high-scoring. Brazil will be keen to win after the 7-1 defeat and if there is an early goal, it's likely there will be quite a few I think. Odds on overs have increased, and I think they are now worth taking - Over 2.5 1.74 Pinnacle Stake: 6 points

Re: Third Place Play-Off - Brazil v Netherlands > Saturday July 12th Dutch line-up: Cillessen; Kuyt, De Vrij, Vlaar, Martins Indi, Blind; Wijnaldum, Sneijder, Clasie; Robben, Van Persie They do care about this game and they only rest Nigel de Jong, who probably is a bit injured.

Re: Third Place Play-Off - Brazil v Netherlands > Saturday July 12th As well as thinking the game will be 'overs', I also think Brazil are reasonable value to win, as they will probably be more motivated to win, and also to avoid another loss. I think the Brazil and overs combo below is pretty good value - Brazil and over 2.5 goals 4.0 Betfair Stake: 5 points

Re: Third Place Play-Off - Brazil v Netherlands > Saturday July 12th Brazil vs Netherlands Willian to score first 14/1 paddy power as he is starting the game i feel he has a great chance of scoring first as he will play just behind the striker so he will in the box a lot getting into some scoring positions

Re: Third Place Play-Off - Brazil v Netherlands > Saturday July 12th This is totally unredictable, but value lies with Netherlands this is my opinion.Brazilian players in front of home public cannot afford to lose again, so psycolically will be pressed. The dutch is a very good team, and it is just by accident they are not in the final. To me Double Chance X2 @ 1,80 in most bookies, with small stake, just for the sake of adrenaline during watching, is THE option.

Re: Third Place Play-Off - Brazil v Netherlands > Saturday July 12th

I think the chances are this match will follow the normal pattern for 3rd place games and be high-scoring. Brazil will be keen to win after the 7-1 defeat and if there is an early goal, it's likely there will be quite a few I think. Odds on overs have increased, and I think they are now worth taking - Over 2.5 1.74 Pinnacle Stake: 6 points
Result: Brazil 0 Holland 3 Bet won :ok Stake: 6 points Return: 10.44 points

As well as thinking the game will be 'overs', I also think Brazil are reasonable value to win, as they will probably be more motivated to win, and also to avoid another loss. I think the Brazil and overs combo below is pretty good value - Brazil and over 2.5 goals 4.0 Betfair Stake: 5 points
Result: Brazil 0 Holland 3 Bet lost Stake: 5 points Return: nil

Brazil win & Total Goals Over 2.5 @ 3.00 (SkyBet) 5/10 :eyes
That was yet another poor Brazil performance. Surprisingly, both side fielded their top players, and Netherlands started off extremely eager to win.