Newcastle United v Manchester City > Sunday August 17th

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617] [TR=class: row1] [TD=class: firstColumn]Newcastle United v Manchester City (15:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]6[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.72[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]99.56 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

• 1 month later...

Re: Newcastle United v Manchester City > Saturday August 16th I think Manchester City will take this game. Their main defensive attribute in midfield (Tioté) is being reported as wanting to leave and generally unhappy. Combine that with the attacking prowess of Manchester City and their desire to prove their worth as league champs I can see this going to be a rout.

Re: Newcastle United v Manchester City > Saturday August 16th Tiote is almost certainly out of this match with a hamstring. Siem de Jong is an "outside chance" according to a Sunderland newspaper. Last 10 times the two have met have seen 9 City wins and one draw. Newcastle must be an tremendously frustrating side to coach and I see them in the bottom half this year.

Re: Newcastle United v Manchester City > Saturday August 16th City looked half asleep vs Arsenal. The first half of last season they played away games half asleep. My view is that they are collectively lazy. There could be good value in Newcastle but I don't trust them at all and think they may struggle this season. For me it's a pity that City are not playing a different 'mid-table' team... one that I trusted... otherwise I would like the odds on a home win or draw

Re: Newcastle United v Manchester City > Saturday August 16th Skipper Vincent Kompany has been talking about the Newcastle game “I can tell you that mentally we are roaring for the new season,” he said. “All of us are ready. We are hungry for competition. Physically, there is a question mark. We [the World Cup players] have not had a single minute in a friendly. We are just training." He added on the club website: “Really our fitness will be put to the test in the Newcastle game - if we get through this what a great message it will be to the rest of the league of our resilience to continue on what we built last year."

Re: Newcastle United v Manchester City > Saturday August 16th Yeah, I don't put too much stake into what players state, I mean, what are they supposed to say really? Darren Fletcher saying that "We're out to win the league" and "I don't think this club should ever fall into the trap of being satisfied with top four. That's not the Manchester United I know." All player talk.....but, Newcastle will be without Tiote, deJong, Stanton and Cisse.....Debuchy now at Arsenal, could see a real rag tag bunch sent out there. I expect City to get a very comfortable victory in this one. Backing away favorites is almost always a negative equity venture, but I can't see City not walking away with 3 points here. Will probably put them in a number of accumulators for the weekend matches.

Re: Newcastle United v Manchester City > Saturday August 16th

Yeah, I don't put too much stake into what players state, I mean, what are they supposed to say really? Darren Fletcher saying that "We're out to win the league" and "I don't think this club should ever fall into the trap of being satisfied with top four. That's not the Manchester United I know." All player talk.....but, Newcastle will be without Tiote, deJong, Stanton and Cisse.....Debuchy now at Arsenal, could see a real rag tag bunch sent out there. I expect City to get a very comfortable victory in this one. Backing away favorites is almost always a negative equity venture, but I can't see City not walking away with 3 points here. Will probably put them in a number of accumulators for the weekend matches.
Point wasn't him saying he wants to win. Yeah of course they say that. Point is where he says they haven't played one minute, showing they may be under done.

Re: Newcastle United v Manchester City > Saturday August 16th @dylanphan: They have Janmaat instead. Of course, he is not perfectly integrated in the team, I suppose, but is a quality replacement. And their further summer signings are not bad either: Cabella (Montpellier), Siem De Jong (Ajax), Riviere (Monaco)

Re: Newcastle United v Manchester City > Saturday August 16th 4pts Man City (-0.75AH) to beat Newcastle 1.80 Bet365 I think City will be too strong for what should be a spirited, if a little limited, Newcastle side here. We didn’t see them at their best last week but we shouldn’t read too much into that because it was just a friendly when all is said and done. Their heavy hitters will be back in action here and I expect the champions to be just too strong for the home side here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/newcastle-vs-man-city-betting-city-can-open-their-title-defence-with-a-win

Re: Newcastle United v Manchester City > Sunday August 17th I don't think you can discount how badly Newcastle finished last years season at home. They lost 7 of their last 10 home games. 6 of these games they failed to score. It suggests that they will fold up if they give up an early goal. They did win 3 of these 10 games - against Cardiff, Crystal Palace and Villa. City on the other hand were the best 1st half team away from home in Europe last season. They won 11, drew 5 and lost 3 times (Liverpool, Sunderland and Chelsea) in the 1st half away from home (Celtic also had 11 1st half wins). Second half they won or drew 15 of 19 games. So City score first and early it's prob a done deal. Another thing to consider is that City won the league without their best strikers for large parts of the season. For me there is no comparison between Aguero and Dzeko. For me the one is world class and the other just a little better than average. Don't see Newcastle scoring a goal here, so which bets look the best ? I think the Man City to win 1-0 or 2-0 or 3-0 combination score on betvictor at 27/10 looks terrific for 3 units

Re: Newcastle United v Manchester City > Sunday August 17th Both teams have a host of players out and given each sides resources you would expect this to impact Newcastle more than City. I think Newcastle will do OK this year, they have been watching plenty of French TV again and bought well in the attacking positions. But if De Jong and Tiote are missing they are short in the middle of the park where City are so strong, and Santon will be a key miss at full back. I think the match prices are pretty much correct, maybe the draw is the value, but given the team news and City's recent exemplary record at St James Park I'm backing the Citizens. Backing Man City -0.75 on the asian handicap at 1.88 (bet365)

Re: Newcastle United v Manchester City > Sunday August 17th

I don't think you can discount how badly Newcastle finished last years season at home. They lost 7 of their last 10 home games. 6 of these games they failed to score. It suggests that they will fold up if they give up an early goal. They did win 3 of these 10 games - against Cardiff, Crystal Palace and Villa. City on the other hand were the best 1st half team away from home in Europe last season. They won 11, drew 5 and lost 3 times (Liverpool, Sunderland and Chelsea) in the 1st half away from home (Celtic also had 11 1st half wins). Second half they won or drew 15 of 19 games. So City score first and early it's prob a done deal. Another thing to consider is that City won the league without their best strikers for large parts of the season. For me there is no comparison between Aguero and Dzeko. For me the one is world class and the other just a little better than average. Don't see Newcastle scoring a goal here, so which bets look the best ? I think the Man City to win 1-0 or 2-0 or 3-0 combination score on betvictor at 27/10 looks terrific for 3 units
I don't see this bet being offered by any of the other bookmakers. Surely Betvictor must be on a hiding to nothing with this combo bet ?

Re: Newcastle United v Manchester City > Sunday August 17th

Nice hit but would it not be more profitable doing singles for each score?
Maybe you have a point. Perhaps it's worth just taking 1 unit on each individual score. I will look at both angles next week. This has definitely opened my eye's ;) to some excellent betting opportunites.