Group H - South Korea v Belgium > Thursday June 26th

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617]

[TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]South Korea v Belgium (21:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]5.25[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.75[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.83[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]100.26 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Group H - South Korea v Belgium > Thursday June 26th Korea have to win AND hope that Algeria don't beat Russia AND need a small goal swing in their favour. Having seen their first two games, I can't see it. But you never know. Possible value in Korea corners here I think, depending on the odds. I don't think Belgium will be that motivated and Korea won't give up without a fight. On form, Belgium should win this easily, but there is a question over their motivation, and I think this gives Korea an outside chance of a surprise win.

Re: Group H - South Korea v Belgium > Thursday June 26th 4pts Belgium to beat South Korea 4/5 Betfred Although Belgium haven’t looked great in the tournament so far they have the perfect platform to turn it on in here and a perfect defence to turn it on against so I like the European side here. South Korea have plenty to play for but they are a limited side going forward and a poor one defensively and that can never be a good combination whatever the circumstances so I like Belgium here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/south-korea-vs-belgium-betting-belgium-can-flourish-in-sao-paulo

Re: Group H - South Korea v Belgium > Thursday June 26th Sorry to Kevshat that my bets overlap with his, but I was having this in mind ever since I saw the prices. I see this game as being very similar to Colombia-Japan, with the difference that Korea is even more naive and weak defensively team, and Belgium "reserves" are more dangerous than Colombian. I expect to see a naive and enthusiastic Korean team trying to attack and put pressure on Belgium, and a calm and relaxed Belgian team, absorbing the pressure with ease thanks to their outstanding defense, and hitting severely the Koreans on the break. Given that Belgium hasn't assured 1st place, I expect many regulars to start, but even the substitute players are expected to be from top quality. Korea needs 3 points to keep any chance to qualify, and knowing their mentality, I am sure they are going for it and we ain't gonna see a repetition of tonight's game France-Ecuador when the team that needed 3 points defended with all the men around their penalty area. And even if Koreans decide to defend (very unlikely), their defense is much worse and more vulnerable. This game is clear value for Belgium, which is gifted only because of the assumption of "less motivation" for the Belgians. Belgium @ 1.7 (bet365)

Re: Group H - South Korea v Belgium > Thursday June 26th

This game is clear value for Belgium, which is gifted only because of the assumption of "less motivation" for the Belgians.
Exactly Fedar. The players who have been on the bench for Belgium will be bursting with motivation to win a starting place in the round of 16. The number 10 for Korea is that guy who played a couple of matches for Arsenal last season and then we never saw him again because he played like a cow. This Beligium team can struggle to pick off a negative ultra defensive side as we saw in this WC already. But when given space to play the ball forward they can be deadly. That's their strength, fast direct attacking, big bodies, fast counters, and this all counts on space and because South Korea must go "blow-for-blow" here, it suits the Belgians perfectly. Good luck :ok

Re: Group H - South Korea v Belgium > Thursday June 26th But Wilmots said Belgium had done their normal pre-match preparations for facing winless South Korea, including video analysis and compiling the “maximum amount of information”. “We always work in the same way so we’ve had good preparation. If we had zero points we would have prepared exactly the same way,” he said. And Van Buyten gave reassurances that Belgium would give “100 per cent” against the group’s bottom side. “Tomorrow we’re ready to fight and we have clear instructions to play as well as possible. So we will play 100 per cent,” he said. — AFP http://www.themalaymailonline.com/worldcup/article/belgium-deny-taking-korea-lightly

This game is clear value for Belgium, which is gifted only because of the assumption of "less motivation" for the Belgians.
I think it's a little more than that, Belgium haven't looked good in either of their performances so far. On paper, with all of their talent, they should have easily brushed aside Algeria and Russia but they just didn't look convincing at all and they limped over the line with late goals in both games. They aren't gelling as a team and tactically they look lost, 6 points flatters them. As bad a Korea are, I don't think this is a straightforward one. All 3 Belgium goals have come on 70+ minutes so I do think it'll be a decent one to wait for in-play value.

Re: Group H - South Korea v Belgium > Thursday June 26th The key thing here is Belgium have some serious quality on the bench. In both games, the subs have done the damage late on in the game. Lukaku has been bitterly disappointing in my opinion, but I still think Belgium are a serious outfit. It's a bit like Argentina I think, no point bursting your asses off in the group stages is there? Just go out and do what is needed, conserve your energy for the knockout games. I think we will see some huge performances in the knock-out stages from both Belgium and Argentina.

I think it's a little more than that, Belgium haven't looked good in either of their performances so far. On paper, with all of their talent, they should have easily brushed aside Algeria and Russia but they just didn't look convincing at all and they limped over the line with late goals in both games. They aren't gelling as a team and tactically they look lost, 6 points flatters them. As bad a Korea are, I don't think this is a straightforward one. All 3 Belgium goals have come on 70+ minutes so I do think it'll be a decent one to wait for in-play value.
I agree with all you wrote, but I don't argue that Belgium will play with higher intensity than in the previous games. My main argument is that now they will be facing a team with much weaker defense than Russia and Algeria, and a team who is going to attack them and not sit back and absorb pressure. Also take in consideration the price - 1.80 at the moment, simply too big to miss under these circumstances.

Algeria and Russia both looked at Belgium, got scared, and went with the negative game plan as their best way to take something from the match. That's why the goals came in the 70+ minute and they both still got no points from Belgium. South Korea don't have the luxury of having the choice here. They must go for it. Belgium know they've been below par, so in a match where the stakes aren't high, it may be the opportunity they need to put in a performance that get's people talking about them like they have about France, Holland etc. The players will feel like they owe a strong display to the fans after failing to convince against Russia and Algeria. BrBUocfCcAAtQVV.jpg

Sorry to Kevshat that my bets overlap with his, but I was having this in mind ever since I saw the prices. I see this game as being very similar to Colombia-Japan, with the difference that Korea is even more naive and weak defensively team, and Belgium "reserves" are more dangerous than Colombian. I expect to see a naive and enthusiastic Korean team trying to attack and put pressure on Belgium, and a calm and relaxed Belgian team, absorbing the pressure with ease thanks to their outstanding defense, and hitting severely the Koreans on the break. Given that Belgium hasn't assured 1st place, I expect many regulars to start, but even the substitute players are expected to be from top quality. Korea needs 3 points to keep any chance to qualify, and knowing their mentality, I am sure they are going for it and we ain't gonna see a repetition of tonight's game France-Ecuador when the team that needed 3 points defended with all the men around their penalty area. And even if Koreans decide to defend (very unlikely), their defense is much worse and more vulnerable. This game is clear value for Belgium, which is gifted only because of the assumption of "less motivation" for the Belgians. Belgium @ 1.7 (bet365)
Belgium are now 1.88 with Pinnacle If you really think we will see Belgium dominate, then there's probably value in handicap bets too at long odds ... Belgium -1AH 2.65 Pinnacle Belgium -1.5 3.4 Marathon

Re: Group H - South Korea v Belgium > Thursday June 26th Well, lot's of subs in the belgium line-up. All good players but surely a downgrade overall. Without Kompany, Hazard etc. But they will probably will win it in the end cause Korea is so poor especially upfront. Don't expect an easy win for the Belgiums probably a win by one in the end. 1.88 is backable for a single though.

Re: Group H - South Korea v Belgium > Thursday June 26th From BBC website: South Korea 21 Kim Seung-gyu 12 Lee Yong 03 Yun Suk-young 16 Ki Sung-yueng 20 Hong Jeong-ho 05 Kim Young-gwon 17 Lee Chung-yong 14 Han Kook-young 18 Kim Shin-wook 13 Koo Ja-cheol 09 Son Heung-min Belgium 01 Courtois 21 Vanden Borre 05 Vertonghen 16 Defour 15 van Buyten 18 Lombaerts 08 Fellaini 19 Dembélé 11 Mirallas 14 Mertens 20 Januzaj http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25285474

Re: Group H - South Korea v Belgium > Thursday June 26th South Korea or Draw @ 1.95 (bet365) Belgium's team have already qualified and a draw is enough to finish first in the group. South Korea absolutely must win and hope in the defeat of Algeria. The price of Belgium (1.85), for me, could be a trap. In addition, in Sao Paulo, there were 3 matches so far and all 3 ended with a win for the "home" team...I hope it's the fourth...........or a draw :p Boa sorte! :hope

Belgium @ 1.7 (bet365)
Both lucky and unlucky. I was lucky to win, because Belgium was with 10 men, but I was unlucky, because if it wasn't for this red card, it should have been a much more comfortable win for the Devils. World Cup 2014 Stats: 24 Bets, 16 Wins, 7 Losses, 1 Void + 7.25 Units (1 Unit per bet)

Re: Group H - South Korea v Belgium > Thursday June 26th Went as expected. Late goal by Belgium sealed the deal even with 10 men they were far more dangerous than the Koreans, lol. But overall, I'm not really impressed by this Belgium side. In a generally weak group they didn't convince me once. With all the quality they have, they should have beaten these sides much more comfortable imo. Really looking forward to the KO stages.

But overall' date=' I'm not really impressed by this Belgium side. In a generally weak group they didn't convince me once. With all the quality they have, they should have beaten these sides much more comfortable imo.[/quote'] I think their main problem is that Willmots wasn't very confident about who his best eleven are, and he was trying to figure it out during the group stage (I think he should have come up with this decision much earlier). Another issue with them is Belgium missing classic full-backs and needing to replace them with centre backs, which don't provide enough support for the great wingers they have. And last - the poor performance of Lukaku (and injury of Benteke), however, this guy Origi looks amazingly good and smart player, so I feel Belgium have solved this part of the puzzle.

Re: Group H - South Korea v Belgium > Thursday June 26th Stupid idiot Defour nearly cost me. Good profit in the end. Credit to Belgium for not throwing in the towel and that Origi looks like an exciting prospect. Fast, dangerous and clever footwork. Speaking of Defour I just realised, why on planet earth is Nainggolan not in this team when the likes of Chadli and Dembele are. Mind blowing. media_xll_6480950.jpg

Re: Group H - South Korea v Belgium > Thursday June 26th I had a bet for shots on target under 14.5 with 888sport at 6/5 and it's says lost on my history but a lot of websites show under 14.5 shots on target: bbc Sport say 9: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25285474 Whoscored say 9: http://www.whoscored.com/Matches/789658/Live/International-FIFA-World-Cup-2014-South-Korea-Belgium Goal say 9: http://www.goal.com/en-gb/match/korea-republic-vs-belgium/1220119/stats?ICID=MP_MS_4 but FIFA say 22? http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/matches/round=255931/match=300186480/statistics.html#nosticky

Re: Group H - South Korea v Belgium > Thursday June 26th Well, you can imagine how we 'the dutch' feel about the fact Seedorf never made the team again in the last 10 years or so. Unreal, probably one of the best midfielders we ever had, atleast the most succesful one. Sometimes coaches make bad decisions without many good arguments. Nainggolan should be in this squad for sure. But it's weird that Wilmots might not know his best eleven cause he just had 2 years of preperation and a LOT of games to sort things out. :-) Anyways, we also changed our tactics in the last month and things are going quite well so far. If belgium reaches the quarter finals or better their coach will probably say, you see I was right. But I think that's their main weakness, like you said, a lot of changes in the starting eleven especially in midfield. Lukuka just had a great season but can't cope with the pressure yet. But he will probably start against the usa anyways and sooner or later find the net. The most interesting thing is with Belgium that their fans really expect them to reach the finals or even better.. That's quite a big expectation for a team without much experience on this stage. Really curious how things work out in the next round's'. I think that the USA will give them a hard time and that they really need to step up their game to win this one. Quality is there without a doubt!