Major League Baseball

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Major League Baseball 10 pts Los Angeles Angels (-1.5) to beat Kansas City Royals 2.20 William Hill 3 pts Los Angeles Dodgers (-3.5) to beat Kansas City Royals 4.35 bet365 Game one of a Divisional Series shouldnt see a mismatch of this level. Jason Vargas will take the hill opposite his friend Jered Weaver in the first game of the ALDS against his former team. The Angels enter with the best record in baseball and the only areas where conceivably the Royals are better is defensively and on the bases. Vargas had a really rough September woth a 6.57 ERA and was hit hard over his two starts against Los Angeles allowing seven runs over 10.1 innings. Jered Weaver hasnt bern as dominant this year as recent seaaons but his struggles were mainly on the road, at home he went 10-4 2.68. Weaver and the Angels have been here before, the way the pitching matchups down the road have shaken out it could be hugely important that they win tonight and stadt the series well in front of the hometown fans. The Angels look the right side to me.

Re: Major League Baseball 3 pts Baltimore Orioles to beat Detroit Tigers 2.00 Skybet This is a really close series and all the games theoretically should be close. Both these teams score plenty of runs, the pitching is where things get interesting, Detroit has an edge in name as they will start the last three American League Cy Young award winners in games 1-3 of this series, Scherzer is the only one to come close to that level of performance over the last two months of the season and thats being generous to the man who cannot possibly be pitching for Detroit next year. The relief pitching matchup isnt close, if Baltimore lead through 6 innings turn the television off, its over, while Detroit can count nothing in the books until they get that final out - a problem that has cost them dear in postseasons past. Chris Tillman has been good enough to warrant carrying my money in this game, he has had an excellent season and finished strong, the Detroit lineup is difficult to negotiate but hopefully he only has to do so twice before handing over to the pen. Scherzer has not been as strong on the road as he has been at Comerica, thats the only weakness I can find in his armour, its a close game and gut call I take the O's who for me are a more complete team against the Tigers, who have more star power. Good luck everyone, lets enjoy the cauldron of the post season. All be over in a month!

Re: Major League Baseball

3 pts Baltimore Orioles to beat Detroit Tigers 2.00 Skybet:)
10 pts Los Angeles Angels (-1.5) to beat Kansas City Royals 2.20 William Hill:( 3 pts Los Angeles Dodgers (-3.5) to beat Kansas City Royals 4.35 bet365:(
Not playing the orioles game 3 pts San Francisco Giants to beat Washington Nationals 2.70 bet365 This game is one I will happily get wrong, but the pitching matchup is much closer than the betting markets suggest. Both Steasburg and Peavy have potential to either blow up or pitch lights out, and while I believe the Nationals are the better team in almost every area, I will take the tried and tested playoff team and pitcher in the Giants against a team who hasnt experienced the cauldron of the playoffs and a pitcher making his postseason debut. I worry Strasburg may struggle to keep his emotions under control here. I hope I am wrong as the Nationals are in trouble if they lose this. Close game and the Giants are value at the prices Will post the later games when i have looked at them after work tonight

Re: Major League Baseball Detroit 2.35 6/10 B365 Verlander is 6-0 regular season @ Baltimore and apparently 7-0 in ALDS. San Francisco 2.70 5/10 B365 As good as Strasburg is this ball team is just so experienced in the post season. Absolutely nothing scares them and they could even go all the way. 2.70 is a big price. Peavy pitching and he is part of last years World Series champs so he isn't scared. St Louis 2.75 5/10 B365 Are you kidding me. These odds are a insult to Adam Wainwright. Yes kershaw is a freak but St. Louis similar to the giants is all about the post season. They know how to win and wainwright has to much experience. It's on the road but 2.75 on probably the best pitcher in the game in the last 5 years is way to big. Have to have a slice. Kansas City 2.40 5/10 B365 May the Cinderella story continue. So much confidence. Knocked off weaver last night and their pitching is more than capable to keep up. Awesome bullpen to. Some great value today and I would be very surprised to see all these home favourites win. In baseball odds of 1.50-1.61 always lose. It's baseball and the majority of games are 50/50. It's post season and anything can happen. My biggest piece if advice is to avoid going big on the favourites and go small on the big odds. Good luck Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Major League Baseball 4 pts Los Angeles Dodgers (-1.5) to beat St Louis Cardinals 2.35 William Hill 2 pts Los Angeles Dodgers (-3.5) to beat St Louis Cardinals 4.90 bet365 I have to take the Dodgers here. They have the best pitcher alive on the hill, the race between Kershaw and Wainwright for NL Cy Young was close at the mid point of the season but Wainwright wasnt even close to as good the second half with an ERA almost a full run and a half higher. This Cardinals team ranks in the bottom three in MLB in terms of home runs and stolen bases for the season and comes up against the team that scored more runs than any other National League team after the all star break in Los Angeles. Wainwright hasnt been particularly effective at Dodger Stadium either with a 4.30 career ERA at Chavez Ravine and just the one win. Kershaw went 10-2 at home this year and I will be surprised if the healthier and more in form team here doesnt get off to a flier. Have decided to leave the Royals game, like jpffc I see the Royals as the value side but not confident enough in Ventura with the Angels backs against the wall to play it Good luck everyone

What happened to Kershaw yesteday? :eek
I honestly believe mattingly left him in the game too long. I get that you back your top man to get himself out of the jam, but in the playoffs everything is magnified and you have to be more cautious as if it does go wrong like that its a massive hole for them to dig out of. Its not like they have detroits bullpen after all. Still onwards and upwards!!

Re: Major League Baseball 4 pts Los Angeles Dodgers (-1.5) to beat St Louis Cardinals 2.30 888 sport 2 pts Los Angeles Dodgers (-3.5) to beat St Louis Cardinals 4.50 Skybet Lance Lynn has been hit hard by the Dodgers and comes into tonights game with a 9.00 ERA against them in two starts this year. He has not won in 4 starts largely due to a lack of run support that has been the achilles heel of this team all season, they were outclassed last night and fortunate to win, the statistical chance of them stringing all their hits together in the same inning, as they did last night for their rally are small, the Dodgers spaced their hits out and left 1 runners on the basepaths and still only were defeated by a single run. Greinke has been really good at home going 10-2 and is 5-0 2.34 his last 8 outings. If they played last nights game again I am convinced that the Dodgers win, and do so comfortably and I still expect them to win this series, but this really is a must win game tonight now. 4 pts Washington Nationals (-1.5) to beat San Francisco Giants 2.15 William Hill 2 pts Washington Nationals (-3.5) to beat San Francisco Giants 4.10 Bet365 Another must win game for the home team and Jordan Zimmerman, who arguably could have been a game one starter, fresh off the no hitter in the regular season finale is pretty much the man you want on the mound for you, he is 8-0 1.81 ERA his last 9 starts and the Nationals have won all of them. Tim Hudson for San Francisco was awful down the stretch in 5 September starts he had an 8.72 ERA and unsurprisingly an 0-4 record. Peavy was, by all accounts (I didnt see the game last night) superb and that level of pitching will need to turn up every night for San Francisco to win this series, Hudson is capable, he has beaten the Nats twice this year already, but Zimmerman is a class act and I will take the Nats to head out West with the series tied. good luck all playing tonight

Re: Major League Baseball Hey Dan if u could go back a week what odds would u get on Oakland Kansas with shields and Lester starting in a double with wainright and Kershaw both going over 15 runs ha ha this post season is crazy think new tactic should be go for complete opposite of what common sense suggests

Re: Major League Baseball Giants @ Nats over 7 doubled into dodgers 2.70 Really want to get stuck in to these over priced underdogs again but I think these two series could easily go 1-1. Would avoid doubling them though as it's a mugs bet and bookmakers clean up on that in baseball. Feel like with all these top pitchers blowing up Zimmerman can go from no hitter to giving up a couple against these momentum giants. Dodgers are interesting but I've put them in so I can cover if the over comes in. 1.47 is to short on nats. Good luck! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 pts Los Angeles Dodgers (-1.5) to beat St Louis Cardinals 2.30 888 sport:( 2 pts Los Angeles Dodgers (-3.5) to beat St Louis Cardinals 4.50 Skybet:( 4 pts Washington Nationals (-1.5) to beat San Francisco Giants 2.15 William Hill:( 2 pts Washington Nationals (-3.5) to beat San Francisco Giants 4.10 Bet365 :(
237-322-9 Total staked 2047 pts Total returns 2468m67 pts Profit 421.67 pts

Re: Major League Baseball 6 pts Kansas City Royals to beat Los Angeles Angels 1.83 Coral The Angels bats went cold at the worst possible time and they have their backs against the wall on the brink of elimination with a pitcher on the mound that is hard to trust. The Angels send C.J.Wilson to the mound tonight and he hasnt won in 7 postseason starts with an ERA of 5.97 which is a full run worse than his 4.51 mark for the season, a season where he has struggled mightily at time. In opposition "Big Game" James Shields has already pitched superbly in the wildcard gane to get the Royals here and is a much more reliable prospect to shut down the Angels for a third straight game and with it their playoff hopes. If the Angels bats should wake up we have a series but the smart money is against that eventuality. Not playing the Orioles game but best of luck to all tonight

Re: Major League Baseball LA Dodgers @ St Louis Cardinals 4 pts Over 6.5 Total runs 1.91 William Hill Clay Kershaw will take the hill on short rest tonight in a win or go home game for the Dodgers, that has generally been a good spot for Kershaw as in the 3 times he has started on 3 days rest he is 2-0 0.47 ERA, he has struggled at Busch Stadium in his career, winless in his last 5 visits with a 6+ ERA, remembering the game where Kershaw pitched as the Dodgers were eliminated last year and game one of this series there is potential for St Louis to score some tonight. Shelby Miller will pitch for the Cardinals and he has struggled against the Dodgers also, allowing six runs the only time he faced them this season. Seven runs seems perfectly plausible, and while I think there is every chance the Dodgers win, there is little value in the price, especially in a hostile environment on the road in the playoffs. 4 pts Washington Nationals (-1.5) to beat San Francisco Giants 2.35 bet365 I dont think the Nats are ready to go quietly into the night, surviving Bumgarner last night, even with the error as a catalyst could be the spark Washington need to get this home for a game 5. Ryan Vogelsong, who they must overcome to achieve that goal isnt Madison Bumgarner, for a start Washington have experienced a lot of success against him as his career record is 1-2 7.94 ERA in 5 starts against Washington. The Giants lost both his starts against Washington this year as he allowed 9 runs. Gio Gonzalez has been inconsistent this season, but found his rhythm towards seasons end and can repay the faith and make a relatively poor season in line with his expectations disappear in this game. If his stat line of 4-1 2.36 ERA over his last seven continues, look for this series to continue. good luck to all who play to day, in particular those backing Washington!!!!

Re: Major League Baseball Thanks for an amazing season danj2202! I saw that you are also active in American football section and congrats to your last week of Collage football. I saw that you nailed it adn you are coming on green after bad start there. So thats why I want to write to you but I can't send you personal message so I will ask here. I am thinking to start following you also at American football as I was amazed by your knowledge and success at MLB (which is coming to an end soon). So as I saw that your knowledge about NFL and NCAAF is also on high level I was questioning myself which sport do you consider your main sport? And are there also other sports you follow except Am. footbal and baseball? I also want to question you about your betting experiance... Dou you think you can achieve at Am. football also something like in MLB this season? I know that you can't predict how successful you could be through season. But still... If you are doing it for quite some time now you could say how good you can be based on your betting history? I will be very pleased if you answer me on this questions as I am on this forum only couple of months. Cheers!

Re: Major League Baseball I have been trying to figure out the best way to answer this. My first love is the NFL, but it is much much harder to achieve consistent and sustainable profit in the NFL and college football for a number of different reasons, one of the main one being there are just fewer games over the course of a season so less opportunites to pick the right spot. I usually do ok on the NFL, but find I usually either have a really profitable ante post portfolio, or I get the match betting right throughout the season, on a rare exception I will miss completely for a season, or like last year I will hit on almost everything I touch. I suspect it is highly unlikely that I or anybody else will achieve 400+ pts profit in a single american football season, though to be honest I would take 100 pts up next MLB season today if you offered it to me as well!. In summary, I would hope to achieve profit overall in the American Football, couldnt really forecast at this early stage at what level that will be, but I take an overall view on the season at the end, including my ante post bets. On MLB, while this has been a very very good year, I would have an expectation of being profitable more in that particular sport - I guess therefore MLB is my main sport in answer to your question? I am glad you have enjoyed the writeups as well, positive feedback is always welcome ;)

LA Dodgers @ St Louis Cardinals 4 pts Over 6.5 Total runs 1.91 William Hill:( 4 pts Washington Nationals (-1.5) to beat San Francisco Giants 2.35 bet365 :(
238-324-9 Total staked 2061 pts Total returns 2479.67 pts Profit 418.67 pts Anyone else getting bored of the Giants and the Cardinals year after year in the NL....yawn. For what its worth I believe poor management by both Mattingly and Williams have been massive contributors to the Dodgers and Nats losing those series, will take a look at the next series in the next couple of days. Until then people!!

Re: Major League Baseball 4 pts Kansas City Royals @ Baltimore Orioles Under 7 runs 2.25 bet365 Two really good pitchers duelling tonight, Chris Tillman for the home team and James Shields for the Royals. Shields has superior postseason experience but both have been superb. The teams play contrasting styles with the Royals trying to manufacture runs while the Orioles try to hit the ball out the park. The team that leads after 6 innings will more often win the game between these two as the relief is superb for both clubs. While I give the edge to the Orioles overall, this pitching matchup is close enough to not be able to call the game with any confidence, ot would be a surprise if either startet or bullpen allowed a big number though so I will play the under in what I expect to be a low scoring game.

Re: Major League Baseball Going to put this one up early for tomorrow 10 pts San Francisco Giants to beat St Louis Cardinals 2.13 bet365 4 pts San Francisco Giants (-1.5) to beat St Louis Cardinals 3.00 bet365 1 pts San Francisco Giants (-4.5) to beat St Louis Cardinals 11.00 bet365 I couldnt back St Louis with stolen money in this game. There are rumours about the health of Adam Wainwright who was nowhere near close to the pitcher he was in the first half of the season after the all star break and was fortunate to come away with a win after a poor showing against the Dodgers as a game one starter in the last round. Madison Bumgarner threw 7 shutout innings at Busch Stadium earlier in the year and has thrived on the road shutting down the Pirates in the wildcard game and pitching a solid outing at Washington as well. Neither team is a powerhouse offensively but I have more doubts over St Louis than I do the Giants and have much greater confidence in the pitching of the Giants and expect San Francisco to steal home field from the start of this series.

4 pts Kansas City Royals @ Baltimore Orioles Under 7 runs 2.25 bet365:(
2 pts Baltimore Orioles - 0 runs conceded after 9 innings 6.00 William Hill:( 2 pts Will the game go to extra innings - Yes 8.00 BetVictor:)
239-326-9 total staked 2069 pts total returns 2495.67 pts profit 426.67 pts 3 pts Kansas City Royals @ Baltimore Orioles Under 7 runs 2.10 Bet365 3 pts Baltimore Orioles (-1.5) to beat Kansas City Royals 2.80 bet365 I basically do not believe that the Royals will keep hitting the ball out of the park like they have been, and if it wasnt for a broken bat bloop hit 3 run double yesterday then we would be looking at a different series altogether. The Orioles had the second best record at home in the American League winning 50 games at Camden Yards and Bud Norris, chosen over Wei Yin Chen (surprisingly to me) to pitch game 2 pitched a shutout when he last faced these Royals. Yordano Ventura hasnt done much wrong against Baltimore or in general this season, however he was ropey in relief in the wildcard game, the Royals are here in spite of him rather than because of him. Its another close game, but after last night I prefer to side with Baltimore to rebound and cannot believe there will be another high scoring game - if there is it has to be because Baltimore have gotten to Ventura so the staking plan tonight should hopefully at worst yield a small profit. The Giants game is easily my preference tonight Best of luck all who play today

Re: Major League Baseball I m with u tonight ive taken Baltimore minus the run tonight it isn't quite a must win game but is ad good as they are too good at home and feel they will start strong leaving bull pen to finish off. I also think giants will win tonight. On current form bumgarner is s the much better option and had been brilliant post season. However I will prob just be watching this as I haven't ever bet against wainright. And would be very peed if he won and I was against him very silly thinking I know

10 pts San Francisco Giants to beat St Louis Cardinals 2.13 bet365:) 4 pts San Francisco Giants (-1.5) to beat St Louis Cardinals 3.00 bet365:) 1 pts San Francisco Giants (-4.5) to beat St Louis Cardinals 11.00 bet365:(
3 pts Kansas City Royals @ Baltimore Orioles Under 7 runs 2.10 Bet365:( 3 pts Baltimore Orioles (-1.5) to beat Kansas City Royals 2.80 bet365:(
241-329-9 total staked 2090 pts total returns 2528.97 pts profit 438.97 pts

Re: Major League Baseball Was looking forward to posting Baltimore tonight but am surprised to see them a shade of odds on and favourite, this is a close series and I am unwilling to bet them at the current prices, will keep an eye on the betting but am unlikely to play today unless there is a reasonable market move on either team Good luck to those that do