Major League Baseball

Re: Major League Baseball 4 pts Los Angeles Angels @ Houston Astros will there be a 1st innings run - Yes 1.95 BetVictor 2 pts Los Angeles Angels @ Houston Astros 2 or more 1st innings runs 3.15 Paddy Power 10 pts Los Angeles Angels @ Houston Astros Over 8.5 Total runs 1.80 Skybet 4 pts Houston Astros to beat Los Angeles Angels 2.45 Bet365 2 pts Houston Astros (-1.5) to beat Los Angeles Angels 4.00 Bet365 CJ Wilson pitches for the Halos tonight and he has had control issues without being punished too hard the last couple of starts, if you keep allowing free base runners it will get you in the end, this lineup of the Astros took Wilson deep three times the last time they faced him and the lineup with a good mixture of power hitters and hitters who get on base could jump on him early. Brad Peacock has struggled in the first innings and also hasnt won since early July so it seems likely that we get two bites of the cherry for runs early in the game. I am going to play over the total as a saver almost in case the first innings is scoreless - the bet has a cracking chance either way and finally a small money line and run line play on Houston as well after they fired the manager yesterday, see if that gives them the jolt they need. That really is my lot - best of luck all playing tonight

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Major League Baseball

4 pts Detroit Tigers (-1.5) to beat Cleveland Indians 3.15 Bet365:) 2 pts Detroit Tigers (-3.5) to beat Cleveland Indians 6.25 Bet365:( 4 pts Philadelphia Phillies @ Atlanta Braves Over 0.5 1st innings runs 2.12 888 sport:( 2 pts Philadelphia Phillies @ Atlanta Braves 2 or more 1st innings runs 3.60 Paddy Power:( 4 pts New York Mets (-1.5) to beat Miami Marlins 2.45 Skybet:) 2 pts New York Mets (-3.5) to beat Miami Marlins 4.75 bet365:( 4 pts Pittsburgh Pirates to beat St Louis Cardinals 2.38 Skybet:( 2 pts Pittsburgh Pirates (-1.5) to beat St Louis Cardinals 3.25 Skybet:(
4 pts Los Angeles Angels @ Houston Astros will there be a 1st innings run - Yes 1.95 BetVictor:) 2 pts Los Angeles Angels @ Houston Astros 2 or more 1st innings runs 3.15 Paddy Power:) 10 pts Los Angeles Angels @ Houston Astros Over 8.5 Total runs 1.80 Skybet:) 4 pts Houston Astros to beat Los Angeles Angels 2.45 Bet365:) 2 pts Houston Astros (-1.5) to beat Los Angeles Angels 4.00 Bet365:)
187-263-6 total staked 1580 pts total returns 1856.81 pts profit 276.81 pts

187-263-6 total staked 1580 pts total returns 1856.81 pts profit 276.81 pts
Aaargh, I followed the 1st round of tips, but was at work when the 2nd round of tips are posted....ah well, congrats on your win ytd!

Sorry dude. I dont know why it took them so long to price the angels game up
No worries. It's all part and parcel of gambling. I've ended up small profits for the day, since I didn't exactly follow all rigorously. :)

Re: Major League Baseball 5 pts Chicago Cubs to beat Milwaukee Brewers 2.05 bet365 2 pts Chicago Cubs (-1.5) to beat Milwaukee Brewers 3.20 bet365 Its Kyle Hendricks day again! Again as a dog at home. Tonights opponent is Matt Garza who returns after missing the last month injured for the slumping Brewers who have lost 10 of their last 12 and 7 straight on the road. Kyle Hendricks is averaging allowing a single run per game since debut and has a 5-1 record. I dont know why he is a dog in this one. Rizzo being missing robs the Cubs of some pop in their lineup but I am going to stick with Hendricks again tonight and this is my only play Best of luck to all!!

Re: Major League Baseball 4 pts Los Angeles Angels (-1.5) to beat Minnesota Twins 2.30 bet365 2 pts Los Angeles Angels (-3.5) to beat Minnesota Twins 4.50 bet365 Hector Santiago has pitched better lately than his season win/loss record would suggest with a 1.19 ERA over his last 4 starts. Opposing the AL best Angels tonight is Kyle Gibson who after a strong start to the year looks to me like he may have hit the wall that young players often hit in their first full year in the big leagues. The Angels scored 7 in 2 innings off Gibson when he last faced them and it can be expected that their recent form continues tonight. Maybe one more play later dependant on prices

Re: Major League Baseball 4 pts Seattle Mariners (-1.5) to beat Texas Rangers 2.25 bet365 2 pts Seattle Mariners (-3.5) to beat Texas Rangers 4.35 bet365 Robbie Ross will pitch for the dead last Rangers looking to win for the first time in what will be his 9th attempt. He will have to improve his 6.69 ERA from his last eight starts drastically to stand any chance as the Mariners continue their chase of a wildcard spot. Roenis Elias is up for the Mariners and while he has lost three straight it has been due to offensive deficiencies rather than poor pitching as his 2.60 ERA would support. If Ross continues as he has then that is unlikely to be as big a problem tonight Thats all for today. Good luck all

4 pts Seattle Mariners (-1.5) to beat Texas Rangers 2.25 bet365:) 2 pts Seattle Mariners (-3.5) to beat Texas Rangers 4.35 bet365:)
4 pts Los Angeles Angels (-1.5) to beat Minnesota Twins 2.30 bet365:( 2 pts Los Angeles Angels (-3.5) to beat Minnesota Twins 4.50 bet365:(
191-265-6 total staked 1599 pts total returns 1891.16 pts profit 292.16 pts

Re: Major League Baseball 8 pts Los Angeles Angels (-1.5) to beat Minnesota Twins 2.05 Skybet 3 pts Los Angeles Angels (-3.5) to beat Minnesota Twins 3.75 Skybet Since Garrett Richards went down Matt Shoemaker has transitioned into the role of a top drawer starter almost seamlessly, his superb ERA of 1.31 for the month and 5 straight victories have helped massively in powering the Angels to the top of the standings. Ricky Nolasco of the Twins is almost the polar opposite, having struggled before a spell on the disabled list, he has returned and has yet to win in 5 starts with a 7.76 ERA. On all recent form you can only expect the team with the best record in baseball behind the most in form pitcher over the last month to defeat the lowly Twins with a struggling pitcher, I honestly expected the standard run line to be odds on in this game. still trying to decide on a couple of others - best of luck in case thats all

8 pts Los Angeles Angels (-1.5) to beat Minnesota Twins 2.05 Skybet:( 3 pts Los Angeles Angels (-3.5) to beat Minnesota Twins 3.75 Skybet:(
So everything i considered wins except the one i decide to play! Shoemaker wasnt great but the Angels had their chances to score a lot more runs 191-267-6 total staked 1610 pts total returns 1891.16 pts profit 281.16 pts

Re: Major League Baseball 5 pts Tampa Bay Rays (-1.5) to beat Baltimore Orioles 2.60 bet365 Since the trade that saw David Price leave Tampa for Detroit, Drew Smyly has elevated his pitching to another level, he has won his last two starts against the Orioles who are beginning to get the look of a team that cant win on the road as they look to avoid a 5th straight loss on their travels after an excellent homestand. Kevin Gausman will take the mound for the O's. He took the loss opposite Smyly two starts back and then gave up 5 against lowly Minnesota for a 3rd straight loss. The value is with Tampa to take tonights game as the Orioles wait for October. 6 pts St Louis Cardinals (-1.5) to beat Milwaukee Brewers 2.65 bet365 The Cardinals are back to full health and playing well as they have taken the lead in the division over the Brewers who had lost 9 in a row before success last night. Kyle Lohse will pitch for Milwaukee against his former team tonight and he has not fared well against St Louis since leaving the ball club, winning only once with a 6+ ERA in six attempts. He enters this matchup with a 6.46 ERA and a 1-4 record for his last six outings and will face Lance Lynn who has owned Milwaukee with a career 1.72 ERA and only one defeat against the Brewers. Overall his last 11 starts have been excellent (6-2 2.08 ERA) and looks reasonable value here tonight. 10 pts Toronto Blue Jays (-1.5) to beat Boston Red Sox 2.80 bet365 5 pts Toronto Blue Jays (-3.5) to beat Boston Red Sox 5.25 bet365 This is another game priced up on name. Clay Bucholz has pedigree and granted was efficient his last outing but has had a stretch of pitching that was an atrocity and has consistently been hit and hit hard by Toronto. Toronto has beaten Bucholz six straight times at Fenway as he has gone 0-4 5.30 ERA which spikes to 10.24 in this years matchups. Boston has lost 9 of Bucholz 11 starts at home this season behind his 7.20 ERA at Fenway and that is your favourite tonight!!!. J.A.Happ should be insulted to be the price he is, he is an average pitcher but he is better than the Bucholz numbers, unbeaten in 3 games against the Red Sox this year and a 3.71 ERA and having pitched a decent outing against the Yankees in victory last week. Well Bucholz may get the job done but I cant see it. Those are the plays good luck all

5 pts Tampa Bay Rays (-1.5) to beat Baltimore Orioles 2.60 bet365:( 6 pts St Louis Cardinals (-1.5) to beat Milwaukee Brewers 2.65 bet365:) 10 pts Toronto Blue Jays (-1.5) to beat Boston Red Sox 2.80 bet365:( 5 pts Toronto Blue Jays (-3.5) to beat Boston Red Sox 5.25 bet365:(
192-270-6 Total staked 1637 pts Total returns 1907.06 pts Profit 270.06 pts

Re: Major League Baseball Quite a lot of plays today...... 8pts Los Angeles Dodgers (-1.5) to beat Arizona Diamondbacks 2.10 bet365 4 pts Los Angeles Dodgers (-3.5) to beat Arizona Diamondbacks 4.10 bet365 2 pts Los Angeles (-5.5) to beat Arizona Diamondbacks 9.00 bet365 It is a long time since Zack Greinke tasted defeat to the D-backs. In six starts since last season began he is 4-0 with a 1.37 ERA and has been good his last three starts with a 1.80 ERA. Arizona come to Dodger Stadium with 2 wins in their last 12 on the road and struggling to score runs. Trevor Cahill will pitch tonight in opposition of Greinke, against Los Angeles he is 0-3 this year with a whopping 13.50 ERA including a 6 run outing just two weeks ago. A repeat of that is to be expected really as the Dodgers try to hold off the Giants for the NL West crown. 4 pts Houston Astros to beat Oakland Athletics 2.35 bet365 2 pts Houston Astros (-1.5) to beat Oakland Athletics 3.25 Skybet It is really hard to trust the Oakland batting lineup to do anything at all. Last nights 9th inning rally may spark them on an amazing run from here through October, but I would be surprised if they do turn this slump round now and think they are more likely to miss October altogether at this rate in a stunning second half collapse. Jason Hammel, a trade acquisition ftom the Cubs earlier this year has settled down and pitched well after a rocky start with the A's, however they have been beaten in both his starts against Houston. Dallas Keuchel opposed Hammel on both occasions and will do so again tonight, the Astros have win all three games he has started against Oakland. I would much rather back the Astros offensive lineup when two middle of the road pitchers face off as Houston boast Jose Altuve the leader in hits in baseball and Chris Carter (motivated against his former club) eho sits tied for second in MLB for home runs, amongst other players capable of making things happen on the scoreboard. 8 pts Philadelphia Phillies to beat Washington Nationals 2.31 bet365 2 pts Philadelphia Phillies (-1.5) to beat Washington Nationals 3.25 Skybet This is a crazy price with Cole Hamels taking the hill for Philadelphia. Hamels is 6-1 1.90 ERA over his past 11 starts and is unbeaten this season in 3 starts against Washington. Gio Gonzalez has not been pitching well for Washington and has struggled against the Phillies going 0-3 5.09 ERA in four starts and won despite himself last time out for his first victory in 2 months!. The Nationals are scuffling towards a likely division crown and should be winning these games but the sweep looks likely to me here with Hamels up. 6 pts Baltimore Orioles (-1.5) to beat Tampa Bay Rays 2.65 bet365 3 pts Baltimore Orioles (-3.5) to beat Tampa Bay Rays 5.50 bet365 This looks a good opportunity for the Orioles to right the ship and sort their road struggles out. Jeremy Hellickson will pitch for Tampa and he cannot be pleased to see the Orioles in the building as he carries a 6.28 ERA over his last five meetings with them. Tampa has lost all of Hellicksons last 5 starts including when he allowed 5 runs in just 3.1 innings last time out - nkt in good form and this Orioles lineup which leads the league in home runs can punish a pitcher that is struggling and score quick. Bud Norris is solid (8-3 3.30 his last 11) and its likely that is all he will need to be to secure a victory for his team tonight if Hellickson continues to labour. 4 pts Toronto Blue Jays (-1.5) to beat Boston Red Sox 2.50 bet365 R.A.Dickey hasnt tasted defeat against Boston this year in 4 starts and is 3-0, this play however is more in opposition of Rubby De la Rosa who will oppose for Boston tonight. De la Rosa has had a rough time his last 4 starts with a 6.10 ERA going 0-1. In four games against Toronto he has a 7.36 ERA and is susceptible to the big inning and a lineup that features Encarnacion and Bautista at the heart of it is capable of putting a crooked number on the scoreboard at any time. The Jays let us down last night but I am willing to give them another shot tonight. 10 pts Cleveland Indians (-1.5) to beat Chicago White Sox 2.05 Paddy Power 4 pts Cleveland Indians (-3.5) to beat Chicago White Sox 3.75 bet365 I am hugely uncomfortable putting these stakes on the Indians when Carrasco is pitching, but I have little choice having looked for an out. The White Sox have reduced their offensive output to Jose Abreu now that Paul Konerko is injured and Adam Dunn, Gordon Becka and Alejandro De Aza have all left in various trades and it has shown on the scoreboard, coupled with Carrasco having held the Sox to a single run a fortnight ago and carrying a 0.90 ERA over his last 5 starts thats a fairly solid case for Cleveland here. Scott Carroll is terrible, he is 1-4 6.58 ERA his last seven games and I really have started trying to avoid watching his starts as it is a painful experience, he needs to head to the minor leagues or back to the bullpen really as I cant see how he is growing as a pitcher or learning right now. It looks incredibly likely that the White Sox will be defeated for the 8th time in 9 road games tonight. Couldnt put anyone off a Dodgers/Indians double to be honest. I will try and come back to put Pittsburgh up later dependant on price. If i dont get the chance good luck everyone

6 pts Pittsburgh Pirates (-1.5) to beat Chicago Cubs 2.05 Skybet:) 3 pts Pittsburgh Pirates (-3.5) to beat Chicago Cubs 4.00 bet365:)
8pts Los Angeles Dodgers (-1.5) to beat Arizona Diamondbacks 2.10 bet365:) 4 pts Los Angeles Dodgers (-3.5) to beat Arizona Diamondbacks 4.10 bet365:) 2 pts Los Angeles (-5.5) to beat Arizona Diamondbacks 9.00 bet365:( 4 pts Houston Astros to beat Oakland Athletics 2.35 bet365:) 2 pts Houston Astros (-1.5) to beat Oakland Athletics 3.25 Skybet:( 8 pts Philadelphia Phillies to beat Washington Nationals 2.31 bet365:( 2 pts Philadelphia Phillies (-1.5) to beat Washington Nationals 3.25 Skybet:( 6 pts Baltimore Orioles (-1.5) to beat Tampa Bay Rays 2.65 bet365:) 3 pts Baltimore Orioles (-3.5) to beat Tampa Bay Rays 5.50 bet365:( 4 pts Toronto Blue Jays (-1.5) to beat Boston Red Sox 2.50 bet365:) 10 pts Cleveland Indians (-1.5) to beat Chicago White Sox 2.05 Paddy Power:) 4 pts Cleveland Indians (-3.5) to beat Chicago White Sox 3.75 bet365:(
200-276-6 Total staked 1705 pts Total returns 2020.36 pts Profit 315.36 pts

Nice work Dan!! just wondering how many points you got last season? continue your magic !
I shall answer honestly and say that i dont know. One of the positives of this thread from my perspective is it improves my record keeping. This feels like my best season since 2008

Re: Major League Baseball 3 pts Milwaukee Brewers (-1.5) to beat Miami Marlins 2.20 bet365 I am willing to bet tonight that Yovani Gallardo, back home at Miller Park will rebound from the horror show of his last outing at Wrigley Field, where the Cubs battered him for 7 runs. Gallardo is unbeaten in his seven career starts against the Marlins with a 5-0 record and an excellent 1.12 ERA. Brad Penny will oppose for Miami and has struggled since his return with a 1-1 record and 6+ ERA, his career record against Miami is 3-3 and he gave up 4 runs last time out. The body of work for these two pitchers favours Gallardo and Miami are struggling a little at the plate and the 3&4 hitters in their lineup Stanton and McGehee have both struggled at Miller Park in opposition of Milwaukee. Thats about it from me today. Good luck if you are playing tonight

Re: Major League Baseball 8 pts Los Angeles Angels (-1.5) to beat Texas Rangers 2.15 William Hill 4 pts Los Angeles Angels (-3.5) to beat Texas Rangers 3.85 Bet365 The Angels are scoring runs for fun at the moment having scored at least seven runs in each of their last four games. Hector Santiago pitches tonight and has had a strong second half of the year, without troubling the win column all that often due to lack of run support, opposing Colby Lewis tonight that could well change. Lewis allowed 13 runs in less than 3 innings when these two pitchers faced off against each other in July and in 3 starts has an 11.57 ERA against the Angels this season. Texas have also struggled to score runs averaging less than 2 runs over its last 9 games. Just that one for me tonight Good luck all