** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Major League Baseball

Re: Major League Baseball St Louis Cardinals @ San Francisco Giants 3 pts Over 7 total runs 2.15 bet265 I dont trust Lackey on the road, he had fairly drastic split home and road and his ERA of 4.50+ away from Busch is far from strong. Tim Hudson will open the North California stretch of the NLCS and he could either pitch a shutout, as he did in his only appearance against the Cardinals this year (on the road) or allow a bunch of runs (8.72 ERA in September), either way you couldnt be certain what will happen in this game with either pitcher, they may shut it down but one of them could easily falter and 7 run is a gettable line at odds against. AM trying to talk myself into Orioles -1.5 but am going to leave it rather than throw any more cash at them good luck all

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Major League Baseball sod it, its nearly the end of the season 3 pts Baltimore Orioles (-1.5) to beat Kansas City Royals 2.50 Coral I would have been a lot happier with Wei Yin Chen pitching at Camden Yards where he was more effective in the regular season, however he is the better pitcher here and I would rather bet on him getting through 6 innings and handing over to the bullpen than todays starter for the Royals Jeremy Guthrie. Guthrie took the mound twice against Baltimore this season and the Royals were defeated in both those games, his ERA this year is 4.13 which is not good, and is backed up by his 4.23 mark over his 10 year career. Chen was not defeated by the Royals in his two starts against them this year with a 2.19 ERA, he will need to start better than he did against Detroit in the last round and better than both the previous Orioles pitchers in this series Tillman and Norris who both fell behind early. This is a huge game for Baltimore, they are right back in this series with a backlog of fixtures after yesterdays rainout and both teams will look to save the bullpen hoping for deep outings from their starters. Best of luck all who play this game

Re: Major League Baseball 242-330-9 Total staked 2096 pts Total returns 2535.42 pts Profit 439.42 pts 10 pts San Francisco Giants (-1.5) to beat St Louis Cardinals 2.70 William Hill 3 pts San Francisco Giants (-3.5) to beat St Louis Cardinals 5.50 bet365 I find it impossible to envisage anything but a Giants victory and march to the World Series in this game 1 rematch. Madison Bumgarner pitched the shutout in game one, and while his road numbers have been better than at AT&T this year, it is a brave man who will back Adam Wainwright to lead the Cradinals to a victory by the bay here. On the bare numbers this price is something of a gift as there is definitely something wrong with Wainwright who has deteriorated over the second half of the year. He carries an ERA of 8.00 in the postseason this year into this start and I have no confidence in him finding his best form. It looks likely he will end up having surgery on some part of his arm or shoulder in the offseason, which i anticipate starts tomorrow. Good luck all

Re: Major League Baseball 4 pts Kansas City Royals to beat San Francisco Giants 2.00 Boylesports Two evenly matched teams that "weren't supposed to be here" will square off in game 1 of the World Series at Kauffmann Stadium on Tuesday night. Emotions will be running high amongst the hometown Royals fans as after waiting 29 years to make the playoffs again after winning it all in 1985, here they are riding the crest of a wave in touching distance of repeating that feat in unlikely circumstances. "Big Game" James Shields will take the mound for Kansas City in his second career World Series having made it in even more unlikely circumstances with Tampa Bay against Philadelphia, those Rays didnt have the fairy tale ending that Shields will hope to set the ball rolling towards, but this is exactly the job that Dayton Moore brought Shields in to do when he traded for him and Wade Davis two years ago. Shields has been merely solid in this postseason thus far, but does have a complete game shutout against these Giants in his only appearance against them in August to draw from. Madison Bumgarner will oppose for San Francisco and is 3-1 in the playoffs including victory in the clincher against the Cardinals to get the Giants here. He didnt pitch well that game, his location was off and he was leaving pitches up in the strike zone, you cannot do that against this level of competition or it will come back to haunt you, he will need to have sorted that out or face losing like he did against Washington in the first round. I am a fan of Bumgarner and this is a San Francisco team that has been here and seen and done it all, I think the Royals will not be scared or intimidated and the emotion and noise in the stadium will lift them enough to get the job done, Shields only needs to pitch 5-6 innings and hand it over to the relievers and that should be the job done. Relief pitching is what wins in the playoffs and that is the main edge of the Royals in this series. Good luck all

Re: Major League Baseball

4 pts Kansas City Royals to beat San Francisco Giants 2.00 Boylesports:(
243-332-9 total staked 2113 pts total returns 2562.42 profit 449.42 pts 4 pts San Francisco Giants (-1.5) to beat Kansas City Royals 2.85 Bet365 This really is a close call this matchup, we find out tonight how the Royals come back after a loss for the first time in these playoffs. The Giants have the most experienced pitcher on the mound in Peavy who has pitched in the playoffs and World Series before. Yordano Ventura has had a pretty good rookie season but he is just a rookie after all, this matchup is clear enough that the value is on whichever team was the underdog, simply put its that close, both pitchers are in good form, so thats why we play the Giants. Good luck if you play tonight, if you take the option to sit this one out I totally get why!!!!

Re: Major League Baseball 4 pts Kansas City Royals to beat San Francisco Giants 2.15 Boylesports I fully expect Kansas City to win at least once in the next two games, chances are they will have to with Bumgarner looming again in game 5. The pitching matchups continue to be close, just less trustworthy the deeper into the series we get until we return to the top in game 5. Tim Hudson for San Francisco is arguably the better pitcher in this game but had an ERA over 8 in September and that wasnt his only poor month of the season. Jeremy Guthrie for the Royals has an ERA of 4.13 on the season which is poor for a starter. The key as with every other game is whether the Royals starter can get through the lineup twice and hand over to the shutdown relief pitching. Its possible certainly and this is a series to be on the side of the underdog in every game as the teams are evenly matched. Good luck if you play

Re: Major League Baseball going to double down tonight 4 pts Kansas City Royals to beat San Francisco Giants 2.10 Betway I am no Ryan Vogelsong fan, he enters the matchup sporting a 5.18 ERA for the postseason starts against St Louis and Washington, lasting only 3 innings against the Cardinals, his ERA for the year is 4.00 and he was 0-4 with a 5.53 ERA for September, all in all there are not many positives to find bar his experience pitching in the playoffs. As for Jason Vargas in opposition starting for the Royals, he has pitched well in his playoff starts, he has a 2.38 ERA and the Royals have been victorious both times he has taken the ball. he has had a better season than Vogelsong and didnt factor into the decision when he pitched against San Francisco in the regular season pitching 8 innings of 2 run ball that will likely be plenty if he repeats that performance today. Underdog value as has been the case in this series Good luck if you play today

going to double down tonight 4 pts Kansas City Royals to beat San Francisco Giants 2.10 Betway:(
When the royals went up 4-1 thought we had it in the bag. Shaping up for an exciting series with the 4th consecutive "key game" of the series tonight 244-334-9 Total staked 2125 pts Total returns 2571.02 pts Profit 446.02 pts

Re: Major League Baseball 4 pts Kansas City Royals to beat San Francisco Giants 2.45 Bet365 2 pts Kansas City Royals (-1.5) to beat San Francisco Giants 3.50 Bet365 Game one rematch between Bumgarner and Shields, there is no doubt which pitcher has performed better in these playoffs and thats Madison Bumgarner, in reality there is far less between these pitchers than both their performance suggests in the playoffs and the odds for this matchup suggest too. Lets not forget that Shields has shut down this Giants lineup already this year during the regular season. Shields threw a bullpen session and claims to have found a mechanical issue and corrected it, I am willing to trust his word and give him another chance, if he is right there is massive value to be had in this game Good luck if you play tonight!

4 pts Kansas City Royals to beat San Francisco Giants 2.45 Bet365:( 2 pts Kansas City Royals (-1.5) to beat San Francisco Giants 3.50 Bet365:(
This may be it for the season, if there is a play tomorrow it will be the Royals again but have to wait for prices to see 244-336-9 Total staked 2131 pts Total returns 2571.02 pts Profit 440.02 pts

Re: Major League Baseball 8 pts Kansas City Royals (-1.5) to beat San Francisco Giants 2.55 Boylesports This series has the look of 7 games written all over it, the Royals are too short to take on the money line, but taking into account the body of his postseason work the past two seasons, it is difficult to have any confidence in Jake Peavy getting the job done tonight. Yordano Ventura was the winner when these two faced off all the way back in game 2 and while I havent really had the greatest handle on this series I have to think the Royals wont go quietly in front of their home fans tonight. Good luck all, lets hope for one more game!!

Re: Major League Baseball 10 pts Kansas City Royals to beat San Francisco Giants 1.80 Skybet 9. That is how many times the home team has won a World Series game 7 out of the last 9 game sevens played. Add the fact that when these two starting pitchers, the Giants Tim Hudson and Kansas Citys Jeremy Guthrie faced off that the Royals and Guthrie were victorious - in San Francisco and that the Kansas City relief pitching has been well rested, which could be just the tonic having looked jaded in games 4 and 5, while the Giants will have much less pen flexibility after Peavys implosion last night meaning they have burned a number of their pitchers in relief. The signs are all there that Kauffman Stadium will be rocking tonight as the Royals celebrate a Championship. For a final time this season, good luck all who play tonight

10 pts Kansas City Royals to beat San Francisco Giants 1.80 Skybet :(
Well that game went perfectly to plan for the royals...........except for san francisco scoring more runs of course That leaves us at 245-337-9 total staked 2149 pts total returns 2591.42 pts profit 442.42 pts For the season. I hope you have all enjoyed it as much as i have. I shall set up an outright thread and stick a few ante post selections in there but other than that........see you in april!!