Major League Baseball

Re: Major League Baseball Now that you've turned it around and I can again boast that I contribute to an mlb thread over 200pts in profit :loon ;), following a break, a holiday and a nice bout of food poisoning, there's a couple of games I like, nay - love, tonight Mets (-1.5) to bt Rockies 15pts @ 2.25 Bet365 Mets (-2.5) to bt Rockies 8pts @ 3.20 Bet365 All about NL-ROTY candidate Jacob deGrom for me in this one. deGrom is 6-1 1.81ERA through his last 9 games, a mark only 2 pitchers in the entire majors can better during that timespan. That run was punctuated by a brief spell on the DL with tendinitis, and his loss was his first game back - however he has since thrown 13 innings and allowed just 2 unearned runs. He's won his last 4 straight home starts, throwing 31Ks in 28 1/3 innings, and allowed just 3 earned runs! Angels (-1.5) to bt Rangers & Athletics (-1.5) to bt White Sox - 7pt double @ 3.83 Bet365 Angels, averaging 9.2 runs through their current 5-game road winning streak versus Rangers, averaging 1.9 runs over its last 9 games. Hector Santiago, 1-0 2.28 ERA, through his last 8 games versus Colby Lewis, who has coughed up 18 runs in his last 8 2/3 innings against the Halos through the last 2 months, and boasts a less than stellar 0-4 5.86 ERA over his last 5 starts on 6+ days of rest (he pitches on 7 days of rest tonight) The A's selection comes down to the pitching matchup between Lester and Danks. Lester has a 2.59 ERA in his 7 starts since being traded to Oakland, and has a 1.20 in 2 starts this season against the White Sox. The problem for the A's lately has been lack of offensive output, that can change seeing Danks on the mound for the White Sox tonight - Chicago have lost Danks' last 6 starts, through which he is 0-4 with a 7.71 ERA. Lester lost a pitching duel with King Felix last Friday, and King Felix Danks is not.

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Major League Baseball 10 pts Los Angeles Angels to beat Texas Rangers 2.00 William Hill 4 pts Los Angeles Angels (-3.5) to beat Texas Rangers 3.30 bet365 The Angels offensive surge continues and tonight they get Nick Tepesch who looks unlikely to stem the flow of runs, his ERA of 4.98 over his last 10 starts is poor and he has a 1-6 record for those starts. Matt Shoemaker, the rookie will take the hill for the halos and he wasnt sharp the last time out, it isnt time for concern......yet and his body of work this season makes him deserving of trust here and I will give him a chance to prove that the heat if the pennant race is not getting to him. Prior to the blip last time out (a game the Angels still won) he had won 5 straight and syill has a 1.31 ERA his last six. With the way the lineup is swinging the bat it could well be good enough against Tepesch and the Rangers even if he is below par again tonight. 7 pts Los Angeles Dodgers (-1.5) to beat San Diego Padres 2.60 bet365 3 pts Los Angeles Dodgers (-3.5) to beat San Diego Padres 5.25 bet365 1 pts Los Angeles Dodgers (-5.5) to beat San Diego Padres 13.00 bet365 Dan Haren appears to ha e turned things round after he looked on the verge of losing his spot in the rotation after 5 straight horrible defeats. In his last 6 he is 4-1 2.04 ERA and looking back to his old self, tonight he gets a shot at the Padres in a gane the Dodgers absolutely have to have if they are to hold off the Giants over the last 3 weeks of the regular season. In opposition is Ian Kennedy, he is winless against Los Angeles in two years, 0-4 and 4.91 spanning 8 starts and was hit hard last time out against Arizona. The Padres can often struggle to score and will need a performance from Kennedy tonight if they hope to emerge from this game with anything. I like the Dodgers. May well be a couple more plays just wanted to get these two up early

Re: Major League Baseball 4 pts Baltimore Orioles (-1.5) to beat Boston Red Sox 2.15 BetVictor 2 pts Baltimore Orioles (-3.5) to beat Boston Red Sox 4.25 bet365 Baltimore lead MLB as a club for home runs this year and have been hitting the ball hard in recent games scoring runs in bunches and often. Boston look to be shutting it down for the season, are struggling to score and are not taking any risks with dinged up veterans such as Pedroia and appear to be concentrating, rightly so, on the future and seeing what they have with younger players. Brandon Workman is 0-8 in his last 9 starts for Boston with a 6+ ERA, and despite a reasonable history against the Orioles, recent form of both Workman and the Orioles hitter suggest that surely must change tonight. Wei Yin Chen is pitching consistently well for Baltimore and has won the last twice against the Red Sox. Baltimore require just 9 more wins to lock up the East and their spot in October, it is reasonable to expect the first tonight. 4 pts Kansas City Royals to beat Detroit Tigers 2.09 bet365 When the Kansas City Royals traded for James Shields from Tampa at the start of last season, it was because they hoped to be in this spot last year, now a year later with less than three weeks left to go, they are tied at the top of the division and a chance to end the longest playoff drought in MLB, and they send Shields to the hill to do the job they acquired him for, to beat Detroit and get out of town with a slim lead in the Central. James Shields has yet to suffer defeat against the Tigers at Comerica Park. In his seven career outings he carries a 4-0 record and 2.64 ERA. He will face Rick Porcello tonight who is stumbling a little after a really good season. Porcello has lost his last two starts allowing 12 runs in the process. He has good career numbers against the Royals but at odds against I am willing to side with Shields and the Royals tonight. 8 pts Miami Marlins (-1.5) to beat Milwaukee Brewers 2.95 bet365 3 pts Miami Marlins (-3.5) to beat Milwaukee Brewers 5.75 bet365 BIG PRICE. Milwaukee have lost 4 straight games and have won only once in their last 14 games. Wily Peralta, at one stage tied for the lead in the National League for wins for a pitcher has proven what a nonsense that statistic is. He has lost his last three starts allowing 16 runs and the Marlins, who are hitting well at the moment, have plenty of bats that can put runs on the board fast. Jarred Cosart has been really good for the Marlins since they acquired him via trade from Houston. He has allowed only 5 runs while going 4-0 on his last 5 starts and will not have to deal with the Brewers best hitter Ryam Braun in all probability this evening. Miami are not out of the playoff hunt if they keep this power surge going and I simply cannot believe they are this price tonight. 4 pts Chicago Cubs to beat Toronto Blue Jays 2.44 bet365 2 pts Chicago Cubs (-1.5) to beat Toronto Blue Jays 3.25 Skybet 8 pts Under 8.5 total runs 1.80 Boylesports I will be honest, I am a little less confident than I usually would be with Kyle Hendricks on the hill for the Cubs, only because the Cubs have not scored a whole lot of runs the last couple of games, that being said, I absolutely cannot refuse these odds about a pitcher who is 6-1 2.02 ERA the year and the Cubs have won on all bar one of his ten starts this season, he has been a money maker for us and I am going to keep taking odds against. Toronto have been hitting well and will send Drew Hutchison out to the mound and he has been really good the last three times at Rogers Center only allowong two runs in that span woth a 2-0 record. I will take the under on the totals as a cover in case the Cubs dont score as I expect Hendricks to pitch well again. Thats the lot. Good luck all playing tonight

Re: Major League Baseball Cubs (m/l) to bt Blue Jays 8pts @ 2.55 Bet365 I was going to leave the Cubs and Hendricks, knowing Dan would likely be playing them, but the price has drifted through the day and I just can't ignore a price that has crept over 6/4 just for the Cubs to win. As Dan rightly eulogises every week this kid has 'it'! He gave up 4 runs on his debut in July, and since then has ceded just 10 earned runs in 56 1/3 innings covering 9 starts. Cubs have won his last SEVEN starts, yet still the fact he's a Cub, and they're out of post-season reckoning, means he's available at juicy prices almost every time he takes the hill. Rockies (m/l) to bt Mets 14pts @ 2.13 Bet365 Rockies (-2.5) to bt Mets 3pts @ 4.25 Bet365 It is fair to say it has taken Rockies rookie Tyler Matzek a little while to find his feet in the Majors, but judging by his recent work that time has arrived. Matzek is 3-0 through his last 3 starts with an ERA of 0.78. He brings to tonight's game a Rockies rookie record shutout streak totalling 21 innings. He threw a shutout last time out against San Diego, which whilst impressive for a rookie to do so there had been 3 previous Rockies rookies done likewise.... however Matzek done so at Coors Field - the, probably, most hitter-friendly ballpark in the league - whereas the previous 3 had all done so away from Colorado.

Re: Major League Baseball

10 pts Los Angeles Angels (-1.5) to beat Texas Rangers 2.00 William Hill:) 4 pts Los Angeles Angels (-3.5) to beat Texas Rangers 3.30 bet365:) 7 pts Los Angeles Dodgers (-1.5) to beat San Diego Padres 2.60 bet365:) 3 pts Los Angeles Dodgers (-3.5) to beat San Diego Padres 5.25 bet365:) 1 pts Los Angeles Dodgers (-5.5) to beat San Diego Padres 13.00 bet365:(
4 pts Baltimore Orioles (-1.5) to beat Boston Red Sox 2.15 BetVictor:) 2 pts Baltimore Orioles (-3.5) to beat Boston Red Sox 4.25 bet365:) 4 pts Kansas City Royals to beat Detroit Tigers 2.09 bet365:) 8 pts Miami Marlins (-1.5) to beat Milwaukee Brewers 2.95 bet365:( 3 pts Miami Marlins (-3.5) to beat Milwaukee Brewers 5.75 bet365:( 4 pts Chicago Cubs to beat Toronto Blue Jays 2.44 bet365:( 2 pts Chicago Cubs (-1.5) to beat Toronto Blue Jays 3.25 Skybet:( 8 pts Under 8.5 total runs 1.80 Boylesports:(
209-283-6 Total staked 1780 pts Total returns 2145.57 pts Profit 365.57 pts

Re: Major League Baseball 4 pts San Francisco Giants (-1.5) to beat Arizona Diamondbacks 2.25 bet365 Jake Peavy looks a different pitcher since coming across from Boston, back to his Cy Young former self. He has pitched himself to a 4-1 record over his last five starts with a 1.04 ERA. San Francisco come into the game tonight swinging hot bats, with a solid pitcher on the mound looking for a ninth consecutive win at home as they try to reel in the Dodgers in the NL West and avoid the dreaded wildcard game. In stark contrast Arizona are not hitting the ball that well and with MVP candidate Paul Goldschmidt out injured they are relying on the slumping Mark Trumbo and Miguel Montero for production. Randall Delgado will take the hill for the D-backs and while he got the win against the light hitting Padres last time out, he had a 6+ ERA with only two wins over his 13 prior starts. The Giants have to have this game and are the form team and look a solid selection 4 pts Milwaukee Brewers (-1.5) to beat Miami Marlins 2.45 bet365 Maybe the win last night is the sign of the turnaround beginning for Milwaukee and they can still salvage a playoff berth despite the stunning collapse. They would appear to have a decent chance tonight with the in form Mike Fiers on the hill with his 5-1 record since being recalled from the minor leagues and a 1.94 ERA since August 9. Nate Eovaldi will pitch for Miami, and he is 0-4 with a 5.27 ERA over his last 5 starts and will need to improve those numbers drastically to win tonight, especially with the likely return of Ryan Braun to the lineup. The key for Fiers will be limiting the home run and he has only allowed 4 in 10 games and when you keep the ball in the park Miami struggle that little bit more. Willing to take the chance that the Brewers are back on track now. One more later, waiting for prices. Good luck all!!

Re: Major League Baseball 8 pts GAME TWO Cleveland Indians (-1.5) to beat Minnesota Twins 2.25 bet365 3 pts GAME TWO Cleveland Indians (-3.5) to beat Minnesota Twins 4.35 bet365 Again we oppose Ricky Nolasco for the Twins and will continue to do so unless he shows clear signs in turning his fortunes around in his remaining starts this season. Since returning from a stint on the disabled list in six starts Nolasco is 0-4 and 7.11 ERA, he hasnt beaten Cleveland in three attempts compiling a 6.48 ERA in those games. Rookie T.J.House is up for the Tribe, he has met Minnesote twice this year and owns a 2.61 ERA throwing five shutout innings in opposition of Nolasco last month. His recent form is good as he has allowed only a single run each of his last two outings and a continuation of recent form and his numbers against the Twins shoukd set it up nicely for a comfortable win as Cleveland cling on to fading wildcard hopes. Good luck if you are playing tonight

Re: Major League Baseball Both last night's pitchers went well through the majority of the games, just want any run support for them whatsoever. The Blue Jays went off in the latter part of that Cubs match, and it was losses in both for me 9-37-0 200.5pts staked 131.52pts returned -58.98pts loss I'm on 3 for tonight, very briefly as have basketball coaching and the weekly shop to do and the games are at strange times for a midweek. Indians (-1.5) to bt Twins (2nd game) 12pts @ 2.25 bet365 Indians (-2.5) to bt Twins (2nd game) 5pts @ 3.15 bet365 TJ House carries my money in this one, he's in good form, faces Nolasco who isn't, and won the same match up 5-0 last month Brewers (-1.5) to bt Marlins 9pts @ 2.45 bet365 Brewers (-2.5) to bt Marlins 4pts @ 3.50 bet365 Apologies to Dan for jinxing it. I'm sweet on the Fiers v Eovaldi match up as he is. Hopefully the Brewers can win back to back home games for the first time in over a month. Sent from my GT-I9300 using PL Forum

8 pts GAME TWO Cleveland Indians (-1.5) to beat Minnesota Twins 2.25 bet365:) 3 pts GAME TWO Cleveland Indians (-3.5) to beat Minnesota Twins 4.35 bet365:(
4 pts San Francisco Giants (-1.5) to beat Arizona Diamondbacks 2.25 bet365:) 4 pts Milwaukee Brewers (-1.5) to beat Miami Marlins 2.45 bet365:)
212-284-6 total staked 1799 pts total returns 2182.37 profit 383.37 good night for you too pete :ok

Re: Major League Baseball 2 pts St Louis Cardinals (-1.5) to beat Colorado Rockies 2.10 Skybet Adam Wainwright has not been at his best the second half of this season which has removed him from most Cy Young conversations, but he knows how to beat the Rockies, 6-1 1.50 ERA for his career against Colorado, winning his last four. Jorge De la Rosa has easily been the Rockies best pitcher this year, oddly though he has been far better at hitter friendly Coors Field than he has on the road, he has lost his last four on the road with a 5+ ERA. The Rockies have not been scoring much lately and I am willing to have a small play on St Louis, even though I do have some concerns about their offense as well . 4 pts Oakland Athletics @ Seattle Mariners Under 7 total runs 1.87 Coral These two teams do not score bags of runs at the best of times, well certainly Oakland havent since the trade of Cespedes for Lester and they look like they could struggle tonight against James Paxton. This is a crucial series for the slumping Athletics, at the all star break they looked to have the division at their mercy and were ready to cruise into the playoffs with a third consecutive division title, if the lose this series they will be in serious jeopardy of missing out altogether as Seattle will overtake them for the second wildcard. James Paston is having an excellent season (5-2 1.87) and is 4-0 his last five at home with a 1.45 ERA. Jason Hammel struggled initially after coming over from the Cubs but has settled down now with a 2.45 ERA his last 6 starts and with the massive importance of this game it has all the makings of a tense, low scoring affair. 2 pts San Francisco Giants (-1.5) to beat Los Angeles Dodgers 2.70 William Hill There is not a lot between these teams, except for payroll where the Dodgers beat the whole league hands down. Both of these offenses are somewhat questionable in my mind and lack consistent output and they will both send two strong pitchers to the hill for yet another critical battle in the postseason landscape this weekend. The division leading Dodgers will send Hyun-jin Ryu to the mound and over his last 8 he has a 2.24 ERA and a 5-1 record and is pitching really well. Madison Bumgarner will oppose and he has a 4 start win streak with a 2.06 ERA over his last 5 starts. Bumgarner has a great record against the Dodgers for his career (6-2 1.81 ERA) and the Giants offense has been producing runs the last few games and they are a team to ride while the bats are hot, at home they absolutely have to have this series if they want to win the division so I will side with the Giants in this one. Best of luck if you play today!!

Both last night's pitchers went well through the majority of the games, just want any run support for them whatsoever. The Blue Jays went off in the latter part of that Cubs match, and it was losses in both for me I'm on 3 for tonight, very briefly as have basketball coaching and the weekly shop to do and the games are at strange times for a midweek. Indians (-1.5) to bt Twins (2nd game) 12pts @ 2.25 bet365 Indians (-2.5) to bt Twins (2nd game) 5pts @ 3.15 bet365 TJ House carries my money in this one, he's in good form, faces Nolasco who isn't, and won the same match up 5-0 last month Brewers (-1.5) to bt Marlins 9pts @ 2.45 bet365 Brewers (-2.5) to bt Marlins 4pts @ 3.50 bet365 Apologies to Dan for jinxing it. I'm sweet on the Fiers v Eovaldi match up as he is. Hopefully the Brewers can win back to back home games for the first time in over a month. Sent from my GT-I9300 using PL Forum
11-39-0 230.5pts staked 180.57pts returned -49.93pts loss Picked up on a 10pt error (in my favour) on the bottom line since I resumed, so that has been corrected (to my detriment :lol) Good luck tonight Dan :hope, I looked earlier, was tempted by Marlins m/l, Cardinals -2.5 & -3.5, and unders at the Cubs and the Rangers, but ultimately decided to pass

2 pts St Louis Cardinals (-1.5) to beat Colorado Rockies 2.10 Skybet:) 4 pts Oakland Athletics @ Seattle Mariners Under 7 total runs 1.87 Coral:) 2 pts San Francisco Giants (-1.5) to beat Los Angeles Dodgers 2.70 William Hill:)
Sweep it 215-284-6 Total staked 1807 pts Total returns 2199.45 pts Profit 392.45 pts

Re: Major League Baseball On fire, Dan :clap Cardinals (-1.5) to bt Rockies 12pts @ 2.00 Bet365 Shelby Miller is up for the Cards as they continue their quest for the playoffs, and he brings in a 0.86 ERA from his last 3 games which would figure to be enough to stifle a Rockies side who have scored just 3 in their last 4 and have scored 2 or fewer in their last 10 road games, of which they have lost 9. Dodgers (-1.5) to bt Giants 8pts @ 2.45 Bet365 The Giants took advantage of an ailed Ryu last night and pounded out a 9-0 win to open the series. They have to contend with Zach Greinke tonight however, somebody who has never lost to the Giants and is 3-0 in 3 starts against them this season with a 1.80 ERA. Pence is the only Giant who has managed an xbh off Greinke this season. The Dodgers will look to bounce back from their offensive woes last night against Tim Hudson, who does not come in to the match anywhere near the form Greinke brings, Hudson is 0-1 6.55 ERA over his last 2 starts, and his last 6 home games have seen him go 0-4 with an ERA mere fractions under 5.00

Re: Major League Baseball 5 pts Los Angeles Angels (-1.5) to beat Houston Astros 2.00 William Hill There is not a lot of reasoning for this, its been a long day!. The Angels are rolling everybody they encounter and scoring bags of runs and Scott Feldman is an average pitcher at best and hasnt had the greatest record in Anaheim. He has improved steadily through the season but this Angels team is a juggernaut in outstanding form as the playoffs approach, they still have it all to play for in regards to home field through October as well. Jered Weaver appears to be rounding into the form he is capable of nicely in time for the post season here and I just feel the Angels will overpower the Astros tonight. 4 pts Los Angeles Dodgers (-1.5) to beat San Francisco Giants 2.50 Skybet With Pete on this one, Greinke has the Giants number and the Dodgers need to strike back as they are in danger of leaving town without the division lead that they have held for a long time if they dont win tonight. Teams that Greinke is on have never lost when he has started against the Giants who have won 10 straight at home, a drastic turn around after a terrible run earlier this season. Irresistible force meets immovable object and something has to give. The weak link in this matchup is Tim Hudson who will go for San Fran going 0-4 4.97 ERA his last 6 at AT&T 8 pts Seattle Mariners (-1.5) to beat Oakland Athletics 2.60 BetVictor Give me the King at this price. He historically pitches well against the Athletics 6-1 1.85 ERA his last 8 against Oakland, this is a pivotal matchup for both teams and is the moment Hernandez has waited for, the chance to pitch Seattle into a postseason berth, an arena his substantial talent has yet to grace. Sonny Gray will oppose for Oakland and he was insanely good early in the season, not so much lately , including allowing 6 runs to Seattle just 11 days ago. That should be comfortably enough for the Mariners to earn the W here, you dont see this price about Felix very often Good luck all playing tonight........400?:hope (there I said it!)

5 pts Los Angeles Angels (-1.5) to beat Houston Astros 2.00 William Hill:) 4 pts Los Angeles Dodgers (-1.5) to beat San Francisco Giants 2.50 Skybet:) 8 pts Seattle Mariners (-1.5) to beat Oakland Athletics 2.60 BetVictor :(
Yeah. The dodgers score was something of a surprise lol 217-285-6 Total staked 1824 pts Total returns 2219.45 pts Profit 395.45 pts

Re: Major League Baseball 5 pts Washington Nationals (-1.5) to beat New York Mets 2.20 Skybet The Nats march to a division crown continues against a rival they probably wish they could play all the time with their recent dominance in the matchup. Jon Niese will pitch for the home team tonight and Washington have given him all he can handle, he has been defeated twice this year with an 8+ ERA. Jordan Zimmerman is up for the Nationals, he hasnt lost since the all star break at the beginning of July and is 5-0 over ten starts. The Mets would love to play spoiler here but I struggle to see why they are suddenly going to have success against the Nationals tonight. Nearly played the dodgers as well but will leave it at that for today. Good luck all!!

Cardinals (-1.5) to bt Rockies 12pts @ 2.00 Bet365 Dodgers (-1.5) to bt Giants 8pts @ 2.45 Bet365
That was a little annoying. Dodgers win easily; Cards take a 5-1 lead into the 9th and give up just enough runs to lose the bet whilst still winning the game 5-4 :@ 12-40-0 250.5pts staked 200.17pts returned -50.33pts loss

Re: Major League Baseball Pirates (-2.5) to bt Cubs 6pts @ 2.80 Bet365 Pirates (-3.5) to bt Cubs 3pts @ 3.90 Bet365 Edinson Volquez would appear to be the perfect man to have up for the Pirates as they look to return to winning ways in the tight NL Central, Volquez is unbeaten in 10 starts against the Cubs - 6-0 3.12 ERA - and is unbeaten in his last 9 games over the last 2 months - 3-0 2.29 ERA. Opposing him is Jacob Turner, making his 4th start for the Cubs. He is 1-2 with a 6.19 ERA since joining them last month. Orioles (-1.5) to bt Yankees 6pts @ 2.50 Bet365 Hard to oppose Chris Tillman in his current form. Tillman has went 5-0 with a 1.78 ERA through his last 8 starts - all of which the Orioles have won - and is 3-0 1.86 ERA through his last 6 home starts. He gave up 2 runs in 7 strong innings against the Yankees at Camden Yards last month in a 5-3 win, and has only allowed more than 2 runs once during the 8-game undefeated streak.

5 pts Washington Nationals (-1.5) to beat New York Mets 2.20 Skybet The Nats march to a division crown continues against a rival they probably wish they could play all the time with their recent dominance in the matchup. Jon Niese will pitch for the home team tonight and Washington have given him all he can handle, he has been defeated twice this year with an 8+ ERA. Jordan Zimmerman is up for the Nationals, he hasnt lost since the all star break at the beginning of July and is 5-0 over ten starts. The Mets would love to play spoiler here but I struggle to see why they are suddenly going to have success against the Nationals tonight. Nearly played the dodgers as well but will leave it at that for today. Good luck all!!
400!!! :nana :nana :clap