Major League Baseball

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Major League Baseball Right, lets see if we can make 500pts profit by the end of the week!!! ;) 4 pts Atlanta Braves to beat Washington Nationals 2.23 bet365 2 pts Atlanta Braves (-1.5) to beat Washington Nationals 3.75 bet365 The sun rises in the east, the sun sets in the west, day turns to night, and the Braves beat Stephen Strasburg. Strasburg is 0-3 against Atlanta in his last nine starts against them with a 7.17 ERA. He has pitched resonably well in his last 8 starts with a 4-2 record, anyone care to guess who accountd for the 2 losses? Yes the Braves. Ervin Santana will take the hill for Atlanta looking for an 8th straight won at home. The Braves have slumped into a position where they are an underdog to be playing baseball next month, but the home form of Santana makes it strange that they are underdogs here even though he has relatively poor numbers against Washington (still better than his opponents against Atlanta). Worth a value play. 6 pts Detroit Tigers (-2.5) to beat Minnesota Twins 2.50 bet365 The red hot Tigers have regained control in the Central and will send Max Scherzer their reigning Cy Young pitcher to the mound in a matchup that he has won 5 straight in and is 8-2 for his career against the Twins. Anthony Swarzak gets a spot start for Tommy Milone in just his 2nd start in two years and he cannot be too pleased to see Detroit in town as he has a 12.66 ERA over 3 starts and an 0-2 record against the Tigers. He has dropped five straight starts overall and taming the Tigers doesnt look like a task to have any confidence in him achieving here. I expect to be back later with one more play

Re: Major League Baseball 5 pts Houston Astros (-1.5) to beat Cleveland Indians 2.70 betway 2 pts Houston Astros (-3.5) to beat Cleveland Indians 5.25 bet365 There are times to play Houston as we have throughout this season and tonight looks to be another one of them. The young Astros will be facing Zach McAllister of the tribe tonight and he is only here as a starter was needed following the double header on Thursday, he is 0-6 his last 10 starts with a 7.89 ERA and this could be the perfect chance for an Astos lineup which can hit to take advantage. The offense will be backed by Collin McHugh who hasnt lost since August began (5-0 1.69 ERA) and Houston have won 13 of their last 19 at home, a win could start the bell tolling on the playoff hopes of Cleveland and personally I dont think the signs look good and expect Houston to win tonight. Best of luck if you play tonight!!

Re: Major League Baseball

Pirates (-2.5) to bt Cubs 6pts @ 2.80 Bet365 Pirates (-3.5) to bt Cubs 3pts @ 3.90 Bet365 Orioles (-1.5) to bt Yankees 6pts @ 2.50 Bet365
Not quite as frustrating as the previous night, but again just 1 run from the sweep with the Orioles winning by 1 14-41-0 265.5pts staked 228.67pts returned -36.83pts loss

Re: Major League Baseball Astros (-1.5) to bt Indians 9pts @ 2.55 Bet365 Astros (-2.5) to bt Indians 3pts @ 3.85 Bet365 Very in form pitcher facing a very out of form pitcher, with decent odds available. Astros' Collin McHugh is 3rd in the entire majors since the beginning of August with a miserly 1.69 ERA being the foundation for his 5-0 record in that time. Opposing him on the mound will be Zach McAllister, who hasn't even played in the majors during McHugh's hot streak and is 0-6 with a 7.89 ERA through his last 10 starts Mets (-1.5) to beat Marlins 9pts @ 2.70 Bet365 Mets (-2.5) to beat Marlins 3pts @ 4.10 Bet365 Yes the Marlins have Jarred Cosart on the mound who is in no way in bad form. He has pitched very well indeed since joining the Marlins from Houston, posting a 4-2 record through 7 starts with a 1.93 ERA..... BUT..... the Mets have Jacob deGrom on the hill and he has been my 'Kyle Hendrick' down the stretch, going 7-1 over his last 10 starts, in 5 of which games he didn't give up an earned run, and hasn't done so over his last 3 starts. In deGrom's 3 starts against the Marlins this season he is 2-0 with a 0.45 ERA, ceding just 1 ER over 20 innings! Yankees/Rays over 7.5 runs 11pts @ 2.05 Paddy Power Just find this an amazing price at odds against for a low run line, given the pitchers on show. Capuano is 1-0 through his last 4 starts but probably deserves to be 0-4 in all honesty in that stretch with his ERA showing 6.88. He faced the Rays last week, allowed 6 of the 7 batters he faced to reach base and was pulled after getting just 1 out, giving up 4 ERs in the process. Yet the Mankees recovered to take the game 8-5. The Rays hardly counter with a rock solid proposition either. Alex Colome makes his 5th career start, and comes into the game having endured 2 Triple-A post-season games in which he went 0-1 with a 9.95 ERA!! One of his previous starts came against the Mankees, where he received no decision whilst giving up 3 unearned runs over 4 1/3 innings of a 5-7 loss. Taking the pitching into account, odds against for the match to have 8 or more runs appears to be huge. Good luck all

5 pts Houston Astros (-1.5) to beat Cleveland Indians 2.70 betway:) 2 pts Houston Astros (-3.5) to beat Cleveland Indians 5.25 bet365:(
4 pts Atlanta Braves to beat Washington Nationals 2.23 bet365:( 2 pts Atlanta Braves (-1.5) to beat Washington Nationals 3.75 bet365:( 6 pts Detroit Tigers (-2.5) to beat Minnesota Twins 2.50 bet365:(
219-289-6 total staked 1848 pts total returns 2243.95 pts profit 395.95 pts

Re: Major League Baseball 4 pts Toronto Blue Jays to beat Baltimore Orioles 2.01 Bet365 The Orioles can wrap up the East and secure their spot in the postseason with one more victory, or a New York defeat, while I am sure they would like to win it on the field, the matchup tonight is not in their favour. Due to having a double header on Friday the Orioles will hand the ball to Ubaldo Jimenez for the first time in a month after removing him from the rotation due to his performance. Jimenez has struggled with control for large parts of the season and has allowed too many free passes, he has lost both his starts against Toronto with a 5.56 ERA this season. Drew Hutchison is on the hill for the visiting Jays who will be looking to spoil the party for their division rivals. Hutchison has never lost to Orioles in six career starts and holds a 1.13 ERA against Baltimore, he is also in good recent form with a 1.78 ERA and 2-0 record for his last four starts. A shade above even money looks a decent value price tonight. 4 pts Colorado Rockies (-1.5) to beat Los Angeles Dodgers 3.40 bet365 2 pts Colorado Rockies (-3.5) to beat Los Angeles Dodgers 6.50 bet365 Tyler Matzek has turned his season around recently, he is 3-1 with a 1.23 his last four starts, the only loss coming when he allowed two runs and the offense failed to score at all against the Mets. Dan Haren, who has also pitched at an improved level of late for the Dodgers, allowing only two runs in his last four starts. The key stat that makes these prices all sorts of value are the Coors Field performance of both pitchers. Dan Haren has had all sorts of problems pitching at altitude, losing 3 of 4 at Coors with a 10.23 ERA, in stark contrast, Matzek having settled in at the big league level now is sporting a 1.19 ERA over his last three home starts. Repetitions of these levels of performance will lead to certain victory for the Rockies tonight. 4 pts Texas Rangers (-1.5) to beat Oakland Athletics 4.35 Bet365 2 pts Texas Rangers (-3.5) to beat Oakland Athletics 11.00 Bet365 I have little faith in the Athletics lineup to score runs on a consistent basis, even though they have had success against Nick Tepesch this season, defeating him comfortably twice, both starts took place before Yoenis Cespedes was traded to Boston and from there the A's offensive output has slumped, Tepesch has been something of a hard luck story as a 3.89 ERA over 7 starts where he has won only one time. Scott Kazmir has been resurgent this year, but until last time out was struggling again, he pitched a shutout against Chicago (another team struggling offensively at the moment) but carries an ERA of 8.20 in his last 4 starts overall. The Rangers still have hitters capable of putting runs on the board and if Kazmir struggles again this could look a silly price and is definitely value to my eyes 2 pts double Texas to beat Oakland & Colorado to beat LA Dodgers pays 7.03 bet365 That is probably all from me, I am trying to talk myself into Detroit as well but I know better than that good luck all playing today

Astros (-1.5) to bt Indians 9pts @ 2.55 Bet365 Astros (-2.5) to bt Indians 3pts @ 3.85 Bet365 Mets (-1.5) to beat Marlins 9pts @ 2.70 Bet365 Mets (-2.5) to beat Marlins 3pts @ 4.10 Bet365 Yankees/Rays over 7.5 runs 11pts @ 2.05 Paddy Powerl
Close to a complete disaster, close to some decent profit. Fine lines!! Houston added the requisite run to cover the run line in the bottom of the 8th. Jacob deGrom tied an all time MLB record by striking out the first 8 batters he faced, and was on course for the win with the Mets 5-3 ahead with the bases loaded in the bottom of the 7th. That very promising situation evaporated into a 5-6 defeat by the end however! The pitchers I slated in the NYY/TB game both threw scoreless spells of 6 and 6.2 inns and the game finished 0-1! 15-45-0 300.5pts staked 251.62pts returned -48.88pts loss

Re: Major League Baseball Reds (m/l) to bt Cubs 7pts @ 1.98 Reds (-2.5) to bt Cubs 3pts @ 4.00 Putting my faith in Johnny Cueto to move on to 19 Ws level for the majors best. It won't be an easy task against Jake Arrieta, but Arrieta struggled 3 starts back against the Reds ceding 6 runs in 4 innings in a 2-7 defeat. Cueto is 8-2 over his last 10, and has gone at least 7 innings and conceded no more than 2 runs in all 8 of the wins. He has coughed up just 3 runs in 23 innings over his last 3 starts, all wins. Arrieta notched up 4 consecutive wins to round off June, but hasn't been as hot since then, and whilst his ERA through his first 12 starts of the season was a lowly 1.78, his ERA through his next 11 is 3.86. The Cubs have lost 5 of Arrieta's last 9 starts, but more importantly all 5 of those losses have been by 2 runs or more, and an average of 5.2 runs per defeat. Cardinals (-1.5) to bt Brewers 7pts @ 2.50 Bet365 Cardinals (-3.5) to bt Brewers 3pts @ 5.25 Bet365 Lance Lynn has pitched exceptionally well over the course of the last 3 months and 17 starts, much better than his 9-5 record in that time would indicate. It's come down to lack of run support, and again last week he had a pitcher's duel with Johnny Cueto and went down 0-1, despite giving up just the single run and only 3 hits in 8 innings. His 2.14 ERA over those 17 starts is representative of his consistency, and the only worry, as is the case any time you consider taking the Cards, is whether their offense can garner enough runs to win / cover lines. The pitcher the Cards will need to deliver against tonight is Wily Peralta. Peralta moved from 4-5 to 14-6 through 2 spells in 2 months of 5 consecutive winning decisions, but since hitting those heights he has went 2-4 in his last 6 with an ERA of 5.45, including giving up all 3 runs in a defeat to St Louis. It's a risk you take when playing both the Reds or the Cards whether their offense will step up and give their pitcher the run support necessary, but the Cards have plated 40 runs in their last 9 going 6-3 and hit 4 or more in 7 of those games, whilst I'm playing lower run lines with the Reds. Good luck all

4 pts Toronto Blue Jays to beat Baltimore Orioles 2.01 Bet365:( 4 pts Colorado Rockies (-1.5) to beat Los Angeles Dodgers 3.40 bet365:) 2 pts Colorado Rockies (-3.5) to beat Los Angeles Dodgers 6.50 bet365:) 4 pts Texas Rangers (-1.5) to beat Oakland Athletics 4.35 Bet365:) 2 pts Texas Rangers (-3.5) to beat Oakland Athletics 11.00 Bet365:( 2 pts double Texas to beat Oakland & Colorado to beat LA Dodgers pays 7.03 bet365:)
being greedy, another run for Texas would have been nice!!! 223-291-6 total staked 1866 pts total returns 2302.01 pts profit 436.01 pts

Re: Major League Baseball Good stuff Dan. Told you the Rockies would sail home with me wussing out of putting them up ;) Cards went 2'0 up early for me before losing in extras. Reds never went ahead and were well beaten. Obviously the 2 I fancied and shied away from - Rockies and Mets - both won easy! C'est la vie :beer 15-50-0 322.5pts staked 251.62pts returned -70.88pts loss Sent from my GT-I9300 using PL Forum

Re: Major League Baseball 2 pts Atlanta Braves (-1.5) to beat Washington Nationals 2.80 William Hill There is potential for a let down tonight for Washington who may have sore heads after clinching their playoff berth alongside Baltimore and the LA Angels last night. The matchup of starting pitching isnt in their favour either, while Gio Gonzalez hasnt been quite as bad lately as he was in August, he has trouble with Atlanta posting an 0-7 record in his last 9 starts against them with a 5.32 ERA. Alex Wood has had much better success recently than Gonzalez, 3-2 1.88 ERA over his last 9 starts and has been good against Washington in 5 starts as a Brave with a 1.48 ERA and a 2-1 record. In fact if the Braves in general had any sort of recent form this would be a bigger bet, but winning only 2 of their last 10 and Washington still looking at home field in the playoffs I prefer to play small here. 5 pts Detroit Tigers (-2.5) to beat Minnesota Twins 2.65 bet365 2 pts Detroit Tigers (-4.5) to beat Minnesota Twins 5.00 bet365 I am going to put my money on one of Detroits many Cy Young award winners in David Price to find a little more consistency against a Twins team that he is 4-2 and 2.34 ERA in 9 career games against them. His opponent Kyle Gibson has hit the wall and his 6.69 ERA in his past seven starts is not a good sign for Minnesota and against Detroit he is 1-2 7.24 ERA in three matchups this year. There are many options to produce runs in Detroits lineup and they look to have the chance to score plenty tonight. I think that is all for today. Good luck all

Re: Major League Baseball Giants (-2.5) to beat Dbacks 11pts @ 2.45 Bet365 Giants (-4.5) to beat Dbacks 4pts @ 4.75 Bet365 Bumgarner, on a 5 match winning streak during which he's went for just 7 ERs in 35 innings, going for W number 19 of the season, and with a 1.96 ERA against the Dbacks. Facing off against a pitcher making his second every majors appearance, who is 5-6 over 16 Triple-A starts with an ERA of 5.34 White Sox (-2.5) to beat Royals 8pts @ 4.10 Bet365 Chris Sale! The undisputed ace in the White Sox pack. Just 7 ERs conceded through his last 41 innings, and a seasonal ERA of 0.60 against the Royals. The Royals are stuttering big time as the pressure ramps up, they dropped 3 of 4 to the Red Sox over the weekend, whilst the White Sox have put 10 runs on the board in splitting the first 2 of this series. With Sale in for the series decider, it figures that if they can maintain that offense they should condemn the Royals to another devastating series defeat versus a last placed team Cubs (-1.5) to beat Reds 9pts @ 2.55 Bet365 Cubs (-3.5) to beat Reds 3pts @ 5.25 Bet365 Hendricks time. Against a sheiss Reds offense that had 15 ABs through the first 5 innings for the fifth time this season yesterday. And now have to face Hendricks... !

Re: Major League Baseball Hi I'm new to this but have been getting into MLB betting this season as it's usually just starting on tv when get in from work. I was thinking of a treble in mets st Louis and Yankee tonight I have great confidence in the mets and cards especially with wainright pitching however I have doubt over nyy with price starting I understand he a good pitcher but Im unsure of nyy batting to give him run support should u stick with them or add an alternative any suggestions welcome

Re: Major League Baseball As you can see i have put the tigers up as a play tonight and think they are a solid bet, with miggy and the two martinez they can score runs on anyone and gibson is struggling, the tigers offensive output is the least of your worries. Hope that helps

Re: Major League Baseball 4 pts Texas Rangers to beat Oakland Athletics 3.30 bet365 2 pts Texas Rangers (-1.5) to beat Oakland Athletics 4.75 bet365 1 pts Texas Rangers (-3.5) to beat Oakland Athletics 12.00 bet365 These prices are too big. I get that the Rangers have been amongst the worst teams in the majors, but so have Oakland for the last 6 weeks (11-24 since August 10) and they have been unable to score runs since the Cespedes trade. Texas have won the last two in this series and are worth a play tonight. Sonny Gray for Oakland has had a great year, but an MLB season is long and young pitchers in their first full season often hit "the wall" late on and with Gray's recent struggles it is not unreasonable to speculate that he has done just that. Over his last 8 starts he is just 1-4 with a 4.85 ERA, though he has pitched very well against Texas. Nick Martinez in opposition has had something of a horror show going 3-11 but in 2 appearances against Oakland has allowed only two runs in 10 innings pitched and has pitched well the last two trips to the hill. Overall I am willing to take my perceived value on Texas winning again tonight. 10 pts Pittsburgh Pirates (-1.5) to beat Boston Red Sox 2.00 skybet 3 pts Pittsburgh Pirates (-3.5) to beat Boston Red Sox 4.00 bet365 The defending champion Red Sox just want it all to end now, the horror show of this season looks set to continue tonight with Brandon Workman on the hill and his 0-9 record and 6.99 ERA over his last ten starts. Pittsburgh, a team with slim chances of chasing down the Cardinals in the Central and their wild card destiny in their own hands have everything to play for and it is showing, they are scoring lots of runs, 15 home runs in their last 12 games and averaging almost 6 runs a game in that span as well, they will send Gerritt Cole to the mound in opposition, Pittsburgh have won 8 of his 10 starts at home and he is 2-0 2.63 his last 4 home starts. The Pirates have only lost twice in their last twelve games and it is a stretch in my eyes to see that total increasing here. 8 pts St Louis Cardinals (-1.5) to beat Milwaukee Brewers 2.60 Coral 3 pts St Louis Cardinals (-3.5) to beat Milwaukee Brewers 5.50 bet365 Kyle Lohse will again have the "pleasure" of pitching against the Cardinals, his former team mates. Lohse has had a terrible time against St Lohis since his departure, losing twice in the last month and 1-5 over 6 starts with a 6.63 ERA. The Cardinals continue to hold off the Pirates in the Central while the Brewers bave slumped to the verge of elimination at this late late stage of the season. If Shelby Miller continues in recent form then it is likely to continue the downward spiral of Milwaukee. Miller is 2-0 in his last three games allowing a single run and has an excellent 5-0 career record against the Brewers in seven starts and a 2.30 ERA, these teams are trending in opposite directions and there is no apparent reason for that to change today. I have my eye on maybe one more play Good luck all in case i decide against it

Re: Major League Baseball 6 pts Seattle Mariners (-1.5) to beat Los Angeles Angels 2.20 skybet The Angels have clinched the division after victory and Oaklands defeat last night and will have been celebrating, there is also the chance some regular position players will be rested up to ready themselves for the playoffs. Seattle come into this game trailing by 2 in the wildcard race and simply have to win this game. Felix Hernandez is on the hill tonight and he is excellent as usual against these Angels 2-0 and 1.25 ERA this season. Jered Weaver of the Angels is getting back to the sort of form he is capable of, but has a 3.93 ERA against Seattle and a 1-1 record (the defeat opposite Hernandez). If the celebrations linger its very possible the Mariners will take advantage and gain a much needed victory. Good luck if you play tonight

Giants (-2.5) to beat Dbacks 11pts @ 2.45 Bet365 Giants (-4.5) to beat Dbacks 4pts @ 4.75 Bet365 White Sox (-2.5) to beat Royals 8pts @ 4.10 Bet365 Cubs (-1.5) to beat Reds 9pts @ 2.55 Bet365 Cubs (-3.5) to beat Reds 3pts @ 5.25 Bet365
Sale got bashed, Cubs won but only by 2, whilst the Giants of course won by 2! 16-54-0 357.5pts staked 274.58pts returned -82.92pts loss King Felix takes hold of Seattle's wildcard baton tonight, and facing Wade LeBlanc in just his 2nd start of the season having last only 3.1 innings on his other start where he gave up 6 runs, you'd have to think that that baton was in safe hands. Especially buoyed by what seems like Oakland continuing their almighty bottlejob (currently 2-7 down at home to Texas after 6) The Dodgers look to hold off the Giants, and rebound from a pair of absolute towsings in Colorado, with their final road series of the regular season at the Cubs. They kick off the series with the reliable 1-2 punch of Zach Greinke then Clayton Kershaw. It is Greinke who pitches this opener, he has pitched 32 innings over the last month going 3-0 over those 5 starts and coughing up just the 6 earned runs. Just the very presence of Brandon Workman on the mound for the Red Sox makes the total run line of 7 look low. He got his only W of the season (from 15 starts!) on June 10th, and not only has he not had a winning decision since then, but the Red Sox have lost all 10 games he has started. Just 1 of his last 9 starts has went under 7 runs (there were 6!). Gerrit Cole's managed to compile a 2-1 record from his 3 starts thus far in September, but has done so thanks to the run support he has received, as he is sporting a chunky 5.40 ERA during the month. 12pt treble @ 4.15 Bet365 (Mariners m/l, Dodgers m/l, Red Sox/Pirates OVER 7 runs)

6 pts Seattle Mariners (-1.5) to beat Los Angeles Angels 2.20 skybet - VOID BET PITCHING CHANGE
4 pts Texas Rangers to beat Oakland Athletics 3.30 bet365:) 2 pts Texas Rangers (-1.5) to beat Oakland Athletics 4.75 bet365:) 1 pts Texas Rangers (-3.5) to beat Oakland Athletics 12.00 bet365:) 10 pts Pittsburgh Pirates (-1.5) to beat Boston Red Sox 2.00 skybet:( 3 pts Pittsburgh Pirates (-3.5) to beat Boston Red Sox 4.00 bet365:( 8 pts St Louis Cardinals (-1.5) to beat Milwaukee Brewers 2.60 Coral:( 3 pts St Louis Cardinals (-3.5) to beat Milwaukee Brewers 5.50 bet365:(
One of those annoying nearly nights with both Pitt and St Louis winning by one run 226-297-8 total staked 1912 pts total returns 2344.71 pts profit 432.71 pts

Re: Major League Baseball 4 pts Pittsburgh Pirates (-1.5) to beat Milwaukee Brewers 2.67 bet365 The Pirates are playing well, winners of 8 of their last ten games and scoring plenty of runs, they run into the slumping Brewers who led the division at the start of the month but are now almost eliminated from postseason contention having won only 8 times in their last 27 games. Tonight Milwaukee will send their struggling ace Yovani Gallardo to the hill, I have given Gallardo the benefit of the doubt in recent starts and backed him to turn things around, but against an in form Pirates team I will take the opposite side tonight, Gallardo is 0-4 5.26 ERA in his last five starts and despite good career numbers against Pittsburgh and in this ballpark he was defeated 8-3 his last start against them in August. Jeff Locke will pitch for the Pirates, he is 1-1 2.08 this season against Pittsburgh with a win last month, he is a solid started that will give you a chance to win, which is precisely what Pittsburgh have done the last seven times he has been sent to the mound. 4 pts Arizona Diamondbacks to beat Colorado Rockies 2.15 bet365 This is a matchup between the two worst teams in the NL and both have been hit by injuries to key pieces this year. Arizona would appear to have the edge in the matchup of starting pitchers with Chase Anderson who is 2-0 2.65 ERA over his last 3 starts, he has also won all three outings against the Rockies this year. In contrast Jordan Lyles is 0-2 in his last 7 starts with a 5.13 ERA and against Arizona has a 7.30 ERA in five career starts and an 0-2 record, a repetiton of these pitchers career numbers should see the Diamondbacks win the battle of the cellar dwellers.

Re: Major League Baseball 6 pts Baltimore Orioles (-1.5) to beat Boston Red Sox 2.15 William Hill 3 pts Baltimore Orioles (-3.5) to beat Boston Red Sox 4.25 Bet365 The division champion Orioles will send their best starter to the hill tonight, Chris Tillman has been superb his last 9 starts with a 5-0 record and a 1.70 ERA as the Orioles have powered away from the rest of the AL East to win the title with room to spare, now they try to overhaul the Angels for home field advantage throughout the post season. Bostons awful defense of their World Series title is thankfully for them almost over, Rubby De la Rosa will pitch tonight and he has gone winless in his last 6 starts with a 6.91 ERA, the last time he faced the Orioles the Red Sox were defeated 6-0 and to be honest even minus the suspended Chris Davis and the potential resting of some of the position players it is still difficult to see a Boston win in this game. 5 pts Pittsburgh Pirates (-1.5) to beat Milwaukee Brewers 2.50 William Hill 3 pts Pittsburgh Pirates (-3.5) to beat Milwaukee Brewers 5.25 Bet365 I am going to continue to ride the hot team in PIttsburgh at home against the slumping Brewers who are almost eliminated form contention at this stage. Milwaukee send Matt Garza to the hill who owns a 6.55 ERA in two starts this season against Pittsburgh at PNC Park and anything close to that level of performance will not be close to good enough to beat Edinson Volquez who is unbeaten through his last ten starts with a 1.73 ERA over his last eight. Milwaukee cannot get it done on the road losing 11 of their last twelve away from home. Pittsburgh all the way here as they look to secure at minimum a wildcard and maybe overhaul the Cardinals in the Central with a week to go. just those two today, good luck all

6 pts Baltimore Orioles (-1.5) to beat Boston Red Sox 2.15 William Hill:) 3 pts Baltimore Orioles (-3.5) to beat Boston Red Sox 4.25 Bet365:) 5 pts Pittsburgh Pirates (-1.5) to beat Milwaukee Brewers 2.50 William Hill:( 3 pts Pittsburgh Pirates (-3.5) to beat Milwaukee Brewers 5.25 Bet365:(
229-300-8 Total staked 1937 pts Total returns 2381.04 pts Profit 444.04 pts

Re: Major League Baseball 3 pts San Diego Padres (-1.5) to beat San Francisco Giants 3.15 bet365 San Francisco have lost the first two games of this series and their offense is sputtering as it has a habit of doing dor stretches of the season. They will send Ryan Vogelsong to the hill tonight before heading to Los Angeles for a massive series with the Dodgers. Vogelsong has terrible home/road splits going 0-3 his last 4 road starts with a 7.65 ERA, despite being below 2 at home on his last 3 at AT&T. At Petco Park in San Diego he has also struggled to a 1-3 record and 7.63 ERA. Ian Kennedy is not a pitcher I often like to trust. He is around an MLB average level, his last two starts back that up, this is more a selection in opposition of the Giants batting lineup and Vogelsong 3 pts Detroit Tigers (-1.5) to beat Kansas City Royals 2.45 bet365 Detroit have almost killed off the Royals chances in the divison and their 9th win in ten games in Kansas City could well prove to be that final nail in the coffin. Rick Porcello will pitch for the Tigers and has a solid 3-1 record and 2.10 ERA against KC, Jeremy Guthrie, in opposition has emerged recently from a rocky patch in his season bjt has had struggles with Detroit, imcluding allowing 8 runs the last time he faced Detroit just two weeks ago. I think the manner of yesterdays defeat could scar the Royals and there is potential for heads to drop, they had the division and they lost it, I hope they recover in time to end the long playoff drought and get a wildcard, but Detroit has their number now. 3 pts Philadelphia Phillies to beat Oakland Athletics 3.00 bet365 3 pts Philadelphia Phillies (-1.5) to beat Oakland Athletics 4.10 bet365 1 pts Philadelphia Phillies (-3.5) to beat Oakland Athletics 10.00 bet365 The Oakland Athletics are favourite for this match because.......they are at home? - if they lose this game they will be 1-5 in their last 6 at home with series against the lowly Astros and the Phillies..........because they are fighting for a playoff spot? They have been the worst team in baseball the last month (6-16 sonce August 28!!).......because they have the edge in the pitching matchup?.......look Burnett should probably have retired and hasnt pitched well buy Scott Kazmir has fallen off a cliff her and is 0-4 and 8.22 his last five starts!!! You almost have to make the Athletics the favourite here but not at these prices, thats just nuts, it would be impossible to part with your money on Oakland at this stage so I will take the big prices on their run of futility continuing, the opposition really doesnt seem to matter anymore Thats my lot for today. Good luck all.