Major League Baseball

Re: Major League Baseball Im having Cleveland Indians -1.5 to win away at Minnesota with kluber starting era around 2.4 they have a real pitching edge in this game and kluber almost always goes deep into the game Minnesota are a poor team and swarzak is not in the same class as kluber it is just a question as to whether the Cleveland offense can produce enough to cover the minus 1.5

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Major League Baseball

3 pts San Diego Padres (-1.5) to beat San Francisco Giants 3.15 bet365:) 3 pts Detroit Tigers (-1.5) to beat Kansas City Royals 2.45 bet365:( 3 pts Philadelphia Phillies to beat Oakland Athletics 3.00 bet365:( 3 pts Philadelphia Phillies (-1.5) to beat Oakland Athletics 4.10 bet365:( 1 pts Philadelphia Phillies (-3.5) to beat Oakland Athletics 10.00 bet365:(
230-304-8 total staked 1950 pts total returns 2390.49 pts profit 440.49 pts

Re: Major League Baseball Danj I bet a lot in your advises and I 'm very grateful to you, but I wanted to ask you since most people are betting in one game per day, if you are able to separate somehow the bet of the day, that has in your opinions the highest possibilities. And thank you again for your contribution

Danj I bet a lot in your advises and I 'm very grateful to you' date=' but I wanted to ask you since most people are betting in one game per day, if you are able to separate somehow the bet of the day, that has in your opinions the highest possibilities. And thank you again for your contribution[/quote'] The indicator of the strength of my opinion is the points invested really, I dont necessarily think there is a "bet of the day" every day and personally wouldnt be confortable trying to select one, then other days there may be 2 or 3 great selections, i think if i was going down that route there would be a lot of days with no selections and ultimately I believe we would also be less profitable. Glad you enjoy the previews

Re: Major League Baseball Tonight im going to re invest some of my Cleveland winnings from yesterday on a double of st Louis and dodgers.st Louis have ace Adam wainright starting who is one of most consistant pitcher in MLB against an average cubs team on paper u would think st Louis only need 3/4 runs to win. The dodgers game I am not a big fan of haren the starting pitcher however he is up against peavy who on his day can still produce but they are fee and far between this season im backing the superior dodgers offense to come through in what could be a high could be a high scoring affair

Re: Major League Baseball 4 pts Los Angeles Angels (-1.5) to beat Oakland Athletics 3.15 bet365 2 pts Los Angeles Angels (-3.5) to beat Oakland Athletics 6.75 bet365 I have documented regularly the struggles of the Athletics on this thread, and while there is potential for the Angels to rest players in this clash, I believe respect for the game will ensure a strong team as Oakland are clinging on to a wildcard and the Angels still will want to lock up home field for the playoffs. After a stretch of futility C.J.Wilson has turned things around recently winning his last three starts and has gone 4-0 in his last 5 starts against Oakland at the Colosseum. Wilson hasnt lost in 8 starts against Oakland and the Athletics despite a walkoff victory yesterday have the look of a team that feels powerless to influence the staggering collapse that is engulfing them. Jeff Samardzija will take the hill for Oakland, but the lineup isnt scoring enough runs to benefit from strong performances from in particular Samardzija and Lester. Samardzija hasnt won in 4 starts despite a 1.50 ERA including a 2-0 defeat to these Angels, a team with the best record in baseball, at this price they are an automatic selection I considered the Cardinals as well but am going to leave that game due to the bug that has struck the Cardinals clibhouse, so just the one tonight. Good luck if you play tonight

Re: Major League Baseball 4 pts Pittsburgh Pirates (-1.5) to beat Atlanta Braves 2.50 bet365 Pittsburgh are arguably the most in form team in MLB at the moment as they look to secure at least a wildcard. Gerritt Cole on the hill for Pittsburgh tonight has won three straight starts . Atlanta, mathematically eliminated from postseason baseball will spend this last week of the season going through the motions as the recriminations start, the General Manager has already been relieved of his duties and the team is failing to perform on the field, the reason they will not be playing in October is a lack of runs produced and that continues to plague them. Alex Wood will pitch tonight and he has pitched really well since the break, in 10 starts he has an ERA of just 1.84, yet his record is just 4-2. Pirates have it all to play for as a win here and a Brewers defeat will lock up a playoff spot and I will take the motivated in form team to get the job done. Not all that much I like tonight, wanted to play Seattle with Felix pitching but the way they have fallen in a hole down the stretch there is little value in the price, also thought that the price on Kyle Hendricks and the Cubs was a little shorter than I expected, but obviously couldnt put anyone off!! Good luck if you play today

Re: Major League Baseball 4 pts Chicago Cubs to beat St Louis Cardinals 2.08 bet365 Jake Arrieta has had a really good year for the Cubs and with him and Kyle Hendricks leading the rotation alongside a couple more acquisitions, with the young talent they have the Cubs may not be too far away. Its been a succesful year against St Louis for Arrieta, overall for his career in 4 starts he has a 1.21 ERA and is 1-0, if he pitches to his usual standard tonight he will, as usual give Chicago a chance to win. John Lackey for St Louis has been inconsistent since being traded from Boston, five runs were allowed when he faves the Cubs at the end of August, and while both pitchers pitched well their last outings, I feel the body of work for Arrieta is more impressive and am hapoy to take odds against. A Chicago win and a win for Pittsburgh would make the next 4 games in the Central very interesting as the regular season winds down too! 4 pts Washington Nationals (-1.5) to beat New York Mets 2.15 William Hill The Nationals are two wins (or two Dodger defeats) away from securing the best record in the National League and home field until the World Series. Gio Gonzalez will take the hill for the Nats tonight aiming to stake a claim for a spot in the playoff rotation, likely too late, I suspect he will be the odd man out, but he has been reasonably consistent getting deeper into games lately and his control issues appear to have subsided as well. The Nationals have dominated the Mets all year and will face Dillon Gee who has struggled the second half of the season going 3-7 4.95 his last 12 starts. He has a 5.50 ERA when facing Washington at home this year. The Nationals are a little banged up so may rest some starters for the playoffs but I still anticipate they win this game as they can rest tomorrow!! 4 pts Colorado Rockies to beat San Diego Padres 2.19 bet365 2 pts Colorado Rockies (-1.5) to beat San Diego Padres 3.00 bet365 1 pts Colorado Rockies (-4.5) to beat San Diego Padres 11.00 bet365 Yohan Flande has been a man we have opposes a few times and made some money this year doing so, tonight we back him for a first major league victory. If the Rockies can score some runs his recent performances suggest a win isnt out of the question and the light hitting Padres could present the perfect opportunity. With both teams eliminated from playoff contention, it is audition time as they build for next year, with that in mind the Padres start Joe Wieland for the second time this year (he has also pitched in relief this month). After missing last year, he appears to be having some issues missing bats as he is allowing a batting average of .433, the Rockies can hit and Justin Morneau in particular will light up at that stat as he closes in on the NL batting title. 4 pts Los Angeles Dodgers (-2.5) to beat San Francisco Giants 2.90 bet365 2 pts Los Angeles Dodgers (-5.5) to beat San Francisco Giants 9.50 bet365 Clay Kershaw on the hill before yet another coronation as king of the National League and his Cy Young award. Facing division rival San Francisco. Magic number of one for the division title. Its written in the stars the Dodgers clinch tonight right?. He will face Tim Hudson who has been horrible the last twice and wildly inconsistent all year. Ten days ago he was pulled in the first against these Dodgers having allowed 6 runs as Los Angeles won 17-0 17!!!!!!. He followed it up allowing five to the offensively challenged Padres. San Francisco will not be scoring many runs off Kershaw tonight (1.88 ERA over 3 starts against San Fran this season) so unless Hudson suddenly finds his form the celebrations could start quite early on for the Dodgers. Surprising amount of plays considering its our last week of the regular season. Good luck to all playing today

4 pts Chicago Cubs to beat St Louis Cardinals 2.08 bet365:) 4 pts Washington Nationals (-1.5) to beat New York Mets 2.15 William Hill - VOID RAIN 4 pts Colorado Rockies to beat San Diego Padres 2.19 bet365:( 2 pts Colorado Rockies (-1.5) to beat San Diego Padres 3.00 bet365:( 1 pts Colorado Rockies (-4.5) to beat San Diego Padres 11.00 bet365:( 4 pts Los Angeles Dodgers (-2.5) to beat San Francisco Giants 2.90 bet365:) 2 pts Los Angeles Dodgers (-5.5) to beat San Francisco Giants 9.50 bet365:)
233-310-9 Total staked 1981 pts Total returns 2433.41 pts Profit 452.41 pts

Re: Major League Baseball 4 pts Oakland Athletics (-1.5) to beat Texas Rangers 2.10 Stan James I think this is the day the Athletics confirm their limp into the playoffs. Jason Hammel will pitch and while he has been, in the main underwhelming since being traded from the Cubs, he returns from paternity leave to pitch tonight, becoming a father often seems to have a dramatic effect on sportsmen, so chalk one up to the "nappy factor" here. For those lf you who dont subscribe to that theory, his ERA of 2.36 over his last 4 starts is an indicator of a decent level of performance. The Rangers have been running hot and winning games lately, they will counter with Colby Lewis, Lewis looked to have turned things around this year until getting hit for 8 runs by the Angels last time on the hill. In his last start against Oakland he allowed five runs, but I concede this Athletics team was in a different place in June. The Mariners have handed the wildcard to Oakland and Kansas, all they need to do is win and take it and I fell the Athletics have the matchup to join the October party tonight. Thats my only play today. Good luck all

Re: Major League Baseball Thanks I agree with u on that one im also having Detroit -2.5. The twins have been awful ll season. And with may pitching eàa over 8 I can't see this bring a contest with shertzer pitching for Detroit he has been as good as always and if the tigers power hitters turn up it could be a rout

Re: Major League Baseball Ok, if this goes wrong, apologies. 10 pts Texas Rangers (-1.5) to beat Oakland Athletics 3.85 bet365 4 pts Texas Rangers (-3.5) to beat Oakland Athletics 7.75 bet365 These prices are insanity. plain and simple. Kazmir has been horrible for an extended period of time - 0-4 8.58 ERA his last 6 starts. Nick Tepesch will oppose for the Rangers, as he did opposite Kazmir the last series the teams played 10 days ago, the Rangers swept the 3 game set and Tepesch v Kazmir finished 6-3 to Texas in Oakland. The Athletics seem to be doing their absolute best to give Seattle every chance to claim this wildcard, losing 7 of their last 10 games, in stark contrast to Texas who have lost only once in the same span. Oakland cannot score runs consistently and everyone scores against Kazmir at present. I just dont understand the prices and, it looks a gift to me and under those circumstances I have to accept it. Just that one :hope:hope:hope:hope:hope:hope

Re: Major League Baseball Got to be Cleveland for me tonight kluber is a very underrated pitcher who I have stuck with all season and has done Me proud run support is always going to be a problem for him and archer is no mean opponent I just think after the season he has had kluber may produce his best to sign off for the year in front of home fans I agree with u on Oakland by the way

10 pts Texas Rangers (-1.5) to beat Oakland Athletics 3.85 bet365:( 4 pts Texas Rangers (-3.5) to beat Oakland Athletics 7.75 bet365:(
233-313-9 Total staked 1999 pts Total returns 2433.41 pts Profit 434.41 pts Oakland found some runs and take themselves to the brink of securing the final playoff spot. 3 pts Seattle Mariners (-1.5) to beat Los Angeles Angels 2.63 Betfred All the motivation in this matchup of pitchers looking to rebound is with the home team. Seattle must win their two remaining games and have Oakland lose both of theirs to reach a play in game for the final wildcard. James Paxton has been really good for Seattle this year and has had by far a more consistent season (6-4 3.03) than todays opponent C.J.Wilson (13-10 4.61) and there is a strong chance the Angels will lool to get their house in order for next week now the top seed is locked up so will play small on the Mariners to help their cause as best they can. I considered playing Texas and pittsburgh as well but decided i didnt like the value in those markets. Best of luck all tonight

Re: Major League Baseball 3 pts Kansas City Royals to beat Oakland Athletics 1.96 bet365 This is a gut call more than anything. Pitching matchups are close in the playoffs. Jon Lester has a superior and more extensive playoff resume in comparison to Shields, but both have tasted success against tonights opponents. The Royals won both of Shields starts against Oakland and likewise Lester won both of his outings against Kansas City. The Royals went 5-2 in the season series, but this is a big week in Kansas City that started yesterday with the Monday Night game at home in the NFL and if that support is carried over to tonight as the 29 year playoff drought ends for the Royals, all the energy and emotion in the stadium could well be too much for this Athletics team that has been clinging on for dear life for much of the last month to overcome and advance. Good luck all playing tonight

Re: Major League Baseball Im with you on this one on paper Oakland has the better pitcher and team however they have been poor allmonth and this young Kansas team goes into the game with nothing to lose . Kansas don't hit a great deal of home runs but do get on base a lot which I think will wear Oakland down unless the Oakland offensive comes out of a month long slump I can see Kansas nicking a low scoring affair

3 pts Kansas City Royals to beat Oakland Athletics 1.96 bet365 This is a gut call more than anything. Pitching matchups are close in the playoffs. Jon Lester has a superior and more extensive playoff resume in comparison to Shields, but both have tasted success against tonights opponents. The Royals won both of Shields starts against Oakland and likewise Lester won both of his outings against Kansas City. The Royals went 5-2 in the season series, but this is a big week in Kansas City that started yesterday with the Monday Night game at home in the NFL and if that support is carried over to tonight as the 29 year playoff drought ends for the Royals, all the energy and emotion in the stadium could well be too much for this Athletics team that has been clinging on for dear life for much of the last month to overcome and advance. Good luck all playing tonight
Wow! This is why we love Baseball.. :D:ok

Re: Major League Baseball 8 pts San Francisco Giants to beat Pittsburgh Pirates 1.91 Coral I do not trust Edinson Volquez, I certainly wouldnt want to have him pitching for me in a winner take all one off game like this and that is the price the Pirates pay for their unsuccessful division title pursuit. Volquez has had a good season, in particular his 5-1 2.20 second half record is outstanding. He is 8-5 3.06 at PNC Park and hasnt faced the Giants this season. Going back further, in the three seasons prior to this one, he failed to beat San Francisco in 8 attempts with a 4.95 ERA, the only other time I remember him in the playoffs was way back with the Reds and he crumbled. Madison Bumgarner is easily the best pitcher the Giants have these days, he is proven in the playoffs with World Series wins and is ready to go as the Giants were out of the division race some time ago. Bumgarner was hit hard by Pittsburgh in his only appearance against them this year, that was in San Francisco in the middle of a stretch where he was really struggling at home, on the road he has been outstanding this year going 11-4 2.22 in 18 starts. He is a pitcher used to the pressure cooker situation of the playoffs and a larger part of the Giants championship team of 2 years ago remain and "knowing how to win" remains important at this stage of the season (as do all the cliches!!!!). Its really another gut call and preference of the starting pitcher. Should be a good game, will struggle to match last nights scenes though!!. Good luck all playing today

Re: Major League Baseball Never in doubt wad it Dan ha ha not how expected game to go at all but result all that matters. I don't really rate either side tonight may just go with an in play bet while watching it can't believe cardinals have put wainright up against Kershaw later in week would have thought better to use him against grienkewho can leak runs seems like a bold move should be great match up though

Never in doubt wad it Dan ha ha not how expected game to go at all but result all that matters. I don't really rate either side tonight may just go with an in play bet while watching it can't believe cardinals have put wainright up against Kershaw later in week would have thought better to use him against grienkewho can leak runs seems like a bold move should be great match up though
As their best pitcher by using him at the one spot they can bring him back on short rest for a game 4 to try and force a decider. Cant really do that if he pitches game 2 and if you have an elimination game you want your best guy up at that time so its the correct decision

Re: Major League Baseball Ha ha bugger forgot was 5 games thought was 7 . I decided to go with pirates and over 6.5 double for no other reason than I got 10 pound free bet to use and thought what the hell . Only basis was pirates are very good at home and the atmosphere should be intimidating I do agree with u giants have the edge in pitchingI just don't really trust either team so sided with the bigger odds and few beers to watch it with