** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Ligue 2 > March 14th - 17th

Re: Ligue 2 > March 14th - 17th

Istres - Clermont is also a strong candidate for 2/1' date=' if you believe in Clermont's history of fixed games.[/quote'] My thought too, Clermont did it once, so why not again and set up a ''pattern'', while everyone's attention is on Bastia...

Re: Ligue 2 > March 14th - 17th

Thing is fix or no fix Troyes really should have got something back' date=' poor showing.[/quote'] exactly. they are miles better than CAB. There is no reason why they should lose this match. So many factors in their favour. I hate results like this because they just shouldn't be happening. Honestly, when I see something like this I ask myself if there's really much point betting in this ligue. Even mystic meg can't predict this

Re: Ligue 2 > March 14th - 17th Angers - Creteil Players out – Angers The hosts have 8 absences in total but I don’t personally think that any of them would be starting here if everyone was available. Of the 8 out:- One of them is a decent left back but hasn’t played a single game all season A defender who is easily their worst centre back Three-midfielders who have all had sporadic appearances this season Another midfielder who hasn’t featured since August There are a couple of players who might’ve started if fit (Manceau & Gamboa), but this is debatable. Their replacements are like for like and rated the same. Players out – Creteil This is another situation where there are absences but not necessarily any weakening because replacement are like for like rated the same. It is however worth noting that they miss a fullback who has started quite a lot of games this season (Mahon de Monaghan). A rated striker who has been their main target man after the winter break (Essombe), and a left winger (Ludovic) who had started the 5 previous games before his injury. Statistically, Creteil won’t be weakened in terms of rating, but the team could be potentially unsettled a bit with some guys out. Angers performed very poorly on Monday night away against Tours but prior to that they had gone 11 games unbeaten in all competitions. They have created a lot of dangerous situations this season, sooner or later they will convert a ton of them and win convincingly. Add in the fact that they are playing at home in a 14:00 kick off which has a strong trend towards home teams. Many away sides have been known to sleepwalk through these contests, Creteil could easily fall into that trap. Nancy were a -0.75 line at home to Creteil just a few weeks ago. This is a nice comparison because Angers and Nancy are both roughly equal strength. Yet somehow this is a -0.5 line @ the same price? My personal opinion is that fair odds on Angers here would be 1.65-70 ML. Anything 1.75+ I would be backing. This looks a really good bet and I’m going to hit it very hard. Not quite 10/10 stakes, but a strong 8 units. The value here is immense, it’s rare at this stage of the season such a good price can be obtained on a highly rated home team. Prediction: Angers 3-0 Creteil Recommended bet: Angers -0.5 @ 2.06 8/10

Re: Ligue 2 > March 14th - 17th They never showed up 1st half. Really not sure what happened because Angers totally battered them 2nd half. They fought back to draw from 0-2 down but it's not enough for me. Think I might pack my bags for the season now in Ligue 2. I was mega confident with this pick but Angers' inexplicably poor 1st half performance just caught me out. Got the feeling we are just starting to enter that weird phase of the season now where anything can happen and teams choke etc and do weird shit.

Re: Ligue 2 > March 14th - 17th On the face of it there seems to be some value in backing Lens at home to Arles tonight at evens generally (2.04 on Betfair). Lens' home record reads well winning 7, drawing 5 and losing only once so far this season, whilst Arles' away record is less than impressive winning only 1 away from home all season, drawing 5 and losing 7. Recent form would also point to a Lens victory, they have only lost 1 of their last 5, drawn 2 and won 2. Their most recent game being a 1-0 victory at top of the table Metz so confidence should be high. A win tonight would move them to within 3 points of Metz so there should be no lack of motivation. Arles meanwhile haven't won in their last 5, losing 3 and drawing 2. I would have expected Lens to be odds on (maybe around 1.6 - 1.7 on Betfair) so just think there is value to be had at a shade of odds against. As mentioned, the above is based purely on record this season and recent form, any further info anyone has regarding team news etc would be welcome. Any thoughts Meatman?

Re: Ligue 2 > March 14th - 17th The last four games between Arles and Lens produced a total of 2! goals, and ended all draws: Mon 07/10/13 LI2 Arles 1 - 1 Lens Fri 11/01/13 LI2 Lens 0 - 0 Arles Fri 03/08/12 LI2 Arles 0 - 0 Lens Fri 24/02/12 LI2 Lens 0 - 0 Arles I wonder if there's value in betting on a draw here at 3.00

Re: Ligue 2 > March 14th - 17th I've backed Lens, because they should really have enough here against a team in Arles with a very shaky defence (watch them keep a clean sheet now..). That being said, with main goal outlet Chavarria out injured, and a pretty paltry contribution from midfield, I don't see that many goals in this game.

Re: Ligue 2 > March 14th - 17th Odds on Lens have dropped signficantly in the last couple of hours.Now bet365 offers 1.9 for a HW.About 1 P.M you could get 2.1 but it's gone now and i think there is no value here.It's monday and with all these strange results happened recenty i am more than happy to take the draw here @3.Both teams don't score often and have a history of draws.(their last 4 H2H games have all ended as draws(1:1,0:0,0:0,0:0))Medium stakes on the draw and small punts on 1:1 @ 6 all with bet365