Europa League > Thursday March 13th

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617]

[TR] [TH=class: firstColumn]Thursday 13 March 2014[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]AZ Alkmaar v Anzhi Makhachkala (18:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.83[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.6[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]5.5[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]100.51 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]FC Basel v FC Red Bull Salzburg (18:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.1[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.6[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.42[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.36 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]FC Porto v Napoli (18:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.35[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.15[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.60 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Juventus v Fiorentina (18:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]8[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.39 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Ludogorets Razgrad v Valencia (18:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.45[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.45[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.3[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.45 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Olympique Lyonnais v FC Viktoria Plzen (18:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.96[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.55[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.57 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Sevilla v Real Betis (18:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.35[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]8.4[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.56 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Tottenham Hotspur v Benfica (18:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.1[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.45[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.2[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]100.41 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Europa League > Thursday March 13th Ok Salzburg played really well against Ajax and won both legs in a convincing way, but how on earth can they be such favorites away at Basel??? It's not chelsea, lol? They were around evens when they played there? Is salzburg really that good and how do the bookies come to these odds? Basel known for their tactical game plans and at home they are really hard to beat. European nights are always special and they are doing pretty well overall in europe. Only 2 losses in their last 10 home games in the CL. wins over bayern munchen, man united and chelsea. 1 loss in their last 8 home games in the europa league. ofcourse they lost Salah which is a blow and some defensive players but these odds look really generous to me. Anyone share these thoughts?

Re: Europa League > Thursday March 13th Sevilla is huge bet for me mainly AH-1 @ 1,95 at the moment. Betis have the worst defence in Spain. Sevilla take this seriously, it's one of the most important game in season agains local rival Betis !. Everything can happen but I'm sure about home win here. This team meet last time and Sevilla won 4-0 with one man advantage. There was huge difference quality so once again home should trash Betis. Sevilla (AH-1) [1,95$] 10/10

Re: Europa League > Thursday March 13th

Ok Salzburg played really well against Ajax and won both legs in a convincing way' date=' but how on earth can they be such favorites away at Basel??? It's not chelsea, lol? They were around evens when they played there? Is salzburg really that good and how do the bookies come to these odds? Basel known for their tactical game plans and at home they are really hard to beat. European nights are always special and they are doing pretty well overall in europe. Only 2 losses in their last 10 home games in the CL. wins over bayern munchen, man united and chelsea. 1 loss in their last 8 home games in the europa league. ofcourse they lost Salah which is a blow and some defensive players but these odds look really generous to me. Anyone share these thoughts?[/quote'] Honestly I don't know enough about basel, but no way I would bet against Salzburg man, these guys score at will and aren't too shabby defensively. Their goal differential is amazing and even that doesn't quite do them justice because they score when they need/want too. I took Salzburg -2 at 9 on bet365 a way back. But now Alan is injured so that should weaken them offensively if he doesn't play, which I am not sure of. Even if Alan is out I still wouldn't recommend a bet against Salzburg, I have made very good profit on handicaps with Salzburg this season, and I know Basel is a good team, but this Salzburg team is unreal man. So that's what I think take it or leave it. But yeah I maybe wouldn't confidently recommend anyone to bet on Salzburg, until we know if Alan is playing, he only has a calf muscle strain though whatever that means. I still think Mane, Soriano, Kample is enough up front though.

Honestly I don't know enough about basel' date=' but no way I would bet against Salzburg man, these guys score at will and aren't too shabby defensively. Their goal differential is amazing and even that doesn't quite do them justice because they score when they need/want too. I took Salzburg -2 at 9 on bet365 a way back. But now Alan is injured so that should weaken them offensively if he doesn't play, which I am not sure of. Even if Alan is out I still wouldn't recommend a bet against Salzburg, I have made very good profit on handicaps with Salzburg this season, and I know Basel is a good team, but this Salzburg team is unreal man. So that's what I think take it or leave it. But yeah I maybe wouldn't confidently recommend anyone to bet on Salzburg, until we know if Alan is playing, he only has a calf muscle strain though whatever that means. I still think Mane, Soriano, Kample is enough up front though.[/quote'] I agree, Red Bull Salzburg is one of the hottest machines in world football right now and they have gone under the radar until now. I had my biggest bet of the year on them away to Ajax which unfortunately lost as I bet on Salzburg to win and BTTS at 6-1 and amazingly the easier part didn't come up! Now the bookies take them seriously and the odds reflect that. Right now I would bet on them to win the whole competition, although some of the value has gone, I only see Juve as able to stop this machine...Red Bull really gives you wings :)

sevilla always plays b squad and they have drawn most of their uefa matches. real betis aren't bad. both team to score looks obvious as its local derby
Yes but it's huge derby bro. They will take it seriously. This game is in their mind few days ;). Sevilla play much better now and I'm sure about this win. Good Luck.

Yes but it's huge derby bro. They will take it seriously. This game is in their mind few days ;). Sevilla play much better now and I'm sure about this win. Good Luck.
The referee is Cuneyt Cakir.

you can't be sure about anything

Re: Europa League > Thursday March 13th Sevilla v Betis Of the eight ties, this is the one that caught my attention most - the Seville derby. Sevilla have had the better of recent derbies, with 5 wins to Betis' 2 in the last 10 encounters. Sevilla are also doing much better in the league this season. I was surprised to see that Betis actually finished above Sevilla last season though. I've had a look at the 'shots on target' stats for both teams' recent Europa League games, and Betis' are a bit better than Sevilla's, against what I think has been opposition of a similar class. Opponents in last 5 Europa League games: Sevilla Liberec Estoril Freiburg Maribor Maribor Betis Guimaraes Lyon Rijeka Rubin Rubin I saw Betis' 2-0 win away to Rubin in the last round, and I was very impressed with Betis. I've noticed some of their recent results have picked up as well - they drew away to Villarreal recently. They are 8 points from safety at the bottom of the table with 11 games to go, and it looks as though they still have an outside chance of escaping the drop. They replaced their coach in January, and perhaps the new coach is having some effect now? I'm aware that Sevilla have had much better results this season, and probably have a better team with better players. As tomorrow's game is the first of two legs, I think both clubs will be aware of the significance of an away goal. Sevilla will try not to concede one, because it would give Betis an advantage in the tie. Overall, I think Betis's chances are being underestimated here at the current 1/2/x odds - Sevilla 1.57 Draw 4.56 Betis 6.85 This is a bet I like: Betis +1AH 1.93 Pinnacle

Re: Europa League > Thursday March 13th Tottenham vs Benfica: Benfica +0.25 AH 17/20 @ Bet365 - Benfica to qualify 17/20 @ Sporting Bet - Even though i'm a Spurs fan, i can't see us winning tomorrow night. We are playing really poorly at the minute and lack a goal threat and Adebayor can't do it all by himself. I'm sure the 4-0 defeat at Chelsea will have knocked Spurs confidence and Benfica are a very good team with a lot of experience in Europe and were finalists last year, so they know how to get the job done in this competition. Although the Portugese league is very poor, it is still impressive that Benfica have conceded just 1 goal in their last 16 matches in all competitions. As much as i'm sure the Spurs players want to win this competiton, we have a huge game against Arsenal on Sunday and so Tim Sherwood has a big decision to make about his squad rotation so we could see a few players who don;t often get a game line up vs Benfica e.g. Chadli, Fryers, Sigurdsson. We were quite fortunate to go through against Dnipro and Benfica are a class above them and i don't see us winning tomorrow night or qualifying from this tie. This first leg will end up 1-1 or 1-2 to Benfica in my opinion.

Re: Europa League > Thursday March 13th 4pts Under 2.5 goals 4/5 Stan James I expect quite a tight first leg here. While Spurs will want to take a lead to Lisbon with them it may be that of more importance is keeping a clean sheet so that any away goals they get next week has maximum effect. Benfica are in good nick themselves and will fancy getting the job done at home so I expect them to set up with a bit of caution to ensure they remain in the tie ahead of the second leg. Therefore this one may not be the high scoring game it has the potential to be. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/tottenham-vs-benfica-betting-caution-could-be-the-order-of-the-day-in-first-leg

Re: Europa League > Thursday March 13th 2.5 for Tottenham represents great value imo. Jorge Jesus said he´ll do what he´s been doing in Europe this year...rotate the squad. In the previous years Benfica took the lead in the Portuguese league and ended up loosing twice for Porto for bad team management. This year they wont make the same mistake..."the priority is the league", said Jorge Jesus...he assumed some changes, though not as much as against PAOK. I think Tottenham at home will deliver...might even consider the handicap -1. GL

Honestly I don't know enough about basel' date=' but no way I would bet against Salzburg man, these guys score at will and aren't too shabby defensively. Their goal differential is amazing and even that doesn't quite do them justice because they score when they need/want too. I took Salzburg -2 at 9 on bet365 a way back. But now Alan is injured so that should weaken them offensively if he doesn't play, which I am not sure of. Even if Alan is out I still wouldn't recommend a bet against Salzburg, I have made very good profit on handicaps with Salzburg this season, and I know Basel is a good team, but this Salzburg team is unreal man. So that's what I think take it or leave it. But yeah I maybe wouldn't confidently recommend anyone to bet on Salzburg, until we know if Alan is playing, he only has a calf muscle strain though whatever that means. I still think Mane, Soriano, Kample is enough up front though.[/quote'] Basel will miss four regular defenders, very important attacking midfielder Diaz and striker Streller. I hope it helps. I am on Salzburg too.

Re: Europa League > Thursday March 13th I don't know what will be Valencia's approach of the game tonight but i can assure you that Ludogorets are ready for war.They will feel no pain,no exhaustion etc.and will fight for their lives tonight.We are up for the game and with confidence sky high.I heard Senderos saying that VAlencia will try to decide the game tonight in Sofia.I don't know if they are going to attack from the beginning but i know that Ludogorets will.We should score a goal even though Stoev knows that it will be better not to concede.Personally i won't be betting on the game because i don't know how serious Valencia will take the game.They looked like a middle table side against Bilbao in the weekend and i don't see how they will beat us away.But there is another side too.Spanish teams have faced Valencia a dozen of times and they know what to expect from them.Tonight i think we will see a tight game.We would attack but not too much in order to avoid concedeing a goal.I will ignore what Senderos said and i expect Valencia to be cautious without risking to attack too heavily,prefering to sit back and rely on counter-attacks.If i had to bet n something it would be under 2.5 or in terms of 1x2 my choice would be the draw.GL P.S.We have problems with our CB's and there should be some rotation in the defense + our star Misidjan is doubtful(most probably out). But another game caught my attention.Lyon should have too much for VIctoria tonight.Lyon were the better team against Chernomerts.If you look the stats from the game it will show that they were pretty equal but Lyon had more possession of the ball with Chernomorets sit back and wait.They already showed that they take Europe League seriously and won't give up on it.Vicoria were totally outplyed by Shakhtar Donetsk.They had more shots on and off target,more possession on the ball,corners(17-2!!!)and so on.I fully expect the game to be decided tonight in France with Lyon scoring 2 goals at least.I will be all over Lyon @ 1.9 with bet365

Sevilla v Betis Of the eight ties, this is the one that caught my attention most - the Seville derby. Sevilla have had the better of recent derbies, with 5 wins to Betis' 2 in the last 10 encounters. Sevilla are also doing much better in the league this season. I was surprised to see that Betis actually finished above Sevilla last season though. I've had a look at the 'shots on target' stats for both teams' recent Europa League games, and Betis' are a bit better than Sevilla's, against what I think has been opposition of a similar class. Opponents in last 5 Europa League games: Sevilla Liberec Estoril Freiburg Maribor Maribor Betis Guimaraes Lyon Rijeka Rubin Rubin I saw Betis' 2-0 win away to Rubin in the last round, and I was very impressed with Betis. I've noticed some of their recent results have picked up as well - they drew away to Villarreal recently. They are 8 points from safety at the bottom of the table with 11 games to go, and it looks as though they still have an outside chance of escaping the drop. They replaced their coach in January, and perhaps the new coach is having some effect now? I'm aware that Sevilla have had much better results this season, and probably have a better team with better players. As tomorrow's game is the first of two legs, I think both clubs will be aware of the significance of an away goal. Sevilla will try not to concede one, because it would give Betis an advantage in the tie. Overall, I think Betis's chances are being underestimated here at the current 1/2/x odds - Sevilla 1.57 Draw 4.56 Betis 6.85 This is a bet I like: Betis +1AH 1.93 Pinnacle
I don't rate Rubin as high as Sevilla.Sevilla have met Betis many times and know what a team they are.There was a break in the Russian league for a while and the teams are still not in form.This is a local derby and you never know what to expect but i think Sevilla will do it and win the game.They are already hitting some kind of form but with Betis already relegated they could focus mainly in Euro League.Narrow home win for me.Small punt on Correct score 2:1 @8

Re: Europa League > Thursday March 13th Basilea +0,25 2,01 That Salzburg has become a squadron to equal the great European football I doubt, true that Ajax won both races, but the Dutch international football this season is far behind, do not forget that the Basel last season came in their semi-final in this competition and this then eliminated in the group stage of the champions in the decisive match with the Scahlke won both games against Chelsea and if they win tonight on Salzburg this difficult field then you pay no regrets but see +0.25 Basel at home that I can not play.

Re: Europa League > Thursday March 13th Viktoria Plzen +0,5 2,00 The Czechs have played in Ukraine against Shakhtar let alone if I do not support the double chance against a Lyon distant relatives of one of a few seasons ago, the Viktoria after the defeat on Sunday night in the match against the strong Sparta Prague where cranked well as two red is almost cut off from the fight for the Scudetto for the team which will focus on all the competition and is very experienced team, Lyon against the poor Ukrainian Chernomore after a 0-0 draw in Odessa has suffered a great deal to win the game and if the opponents in the final were left in ten do not know how the book finiva.Anche here have defended the name but I fear i do not play games and seeing no

Re: Europa League > Thursday March 13th Napoli over 2,25 1,88 - +0,5 1,72 I have not heard about the formation of Naples, but to see the odds seem to play the reserves otherwise I can not explain, the Port is no longer the team of two seasons ago when playing in this field was also difficult for squads in Europe, but if Benitez will send the best training in the field think that the Neapolitans have the card in order to get a result in this field, comunqe i think the best bet is the line of the over 2.25 because both defenses allow it.

Re: Europa League > Thursday March 13th Ludogorets +0,5 1,79 Valencia's turn it is true precendete won 0-2 against Dynamo Kiev but the game to the internal problems in Ukraine was played in neutral Nicosia in Cyprus, la liga can see me every week 4:00 to 5:00 and the live matches version Valencia away does not convince me, there is also to say that the current Dynamo Kiev is a team in disarray while these Bulgarians are full of enthusiasm and play in this stadium very hot for Valencia will not be easy, the Bulgarians played a lot football aggressive and I think the slow ball carriers in Valencia will difficoltà.poi is clear that the book defend the teams name but if I do play the double chance of the hosts I can not take that.

Re: Europa League > Thursday March 13th Totthenam -0,25 2,02 Even here I have not heard about the formation of Tottenham, I was amazed when I saw the opening where the odds Tottenham came out -0.5 1.98, Benfica according to me is not as strong this season in the round of the Champions League came out in a group within his reach, then there is also something to consider, the last season the team was in the lot for three objectives, championship-europa league-cup portugal and wanting to win everything we know how it ended, this season is going to win after several years the league and I do not think that in this competition will give the maximum then there is that I am wrong but I see the current odds of Tottenham at home I can not play.

I wanted to ask the British to this forum why the market goes against Tottenham? There are no significant absences or turnover?
One reason could be that they host Arsenal on Sunday afternoon. Would guess that à homematch against their bigests rivals is more important then another EL match.

I wanted to ask the British to this forum why the market goes against Tottenham? There are no significant absences or turnover?
I am thinking because on sunday they will play derby vs Arsenal and for spurs is more important to win Arsenal as today. They want play in CL but if they dont win on Sunday it's will be very difficult

Re: Europa League > Thursday March 13th Both Tottenham and Benfica will be focusing on the league, Benfica won't have a better chance to win the league as Porto are awful and Sporting will likely fall away, their manager has said winning the league is the priority. Tottenham won't make top 4 but Sherwood has to make it his priority as he wants to keep his job beyond the summer. Both sides will rotate, would probably favour Spurs though.

Re: Europa League > Thursday March 13th Osvaldo and Giovinco upfront Isla in place of Lichesteiner and Ogbonna in place of Barzagli these should be Conte choices. Juve odd is too short for me Sunday Fiorentina play an awful 1st half but in 2nd half close Juve in their half of the field and this Evening Viola has Borja Valero more.

Re: Europa League > Thursday March 13th I will try my luck in-play on most games tonight, no early bets. Except one - Total Cards in Sevilla - the line is set at Over 5,5 Cards, which for an Andalusian derby is too low, and I will take it at 1,61, with medium to high stakes. I haven't checked who the referee will be, but even if he is British or German (who allow a slightly more ''open'' game) the line bookmakers are giving is a joke. The is THE GAME of the region, and I doubt that both teams will finish with 11 men on the pitch, especially in the second game. If forced to bet or if I see a convincing post here, I would go for : In Lyon - Over 2,5 Goals, as I expects the visitors to score, which is half the job done. In Sofia - Ludogorets 0 AH - I expect the home team to start very tight, as if they play away. Which so far made them very dangerous. Confidence is high, but this is no longer the naive team that missed to join the CL groups two years in a row (vs Basel this season and Dinamo Zagreb last year). In London - I would probably go against the logic and go for Over 2,5 Goals. First - in Europe everything is different, and I can see Spurs changing from an ''underish team'' in EPL into a high-scoring one here. Second - Benfica is very dangerous and if they score first, the game very likely will go Over 2,5. In Porto - all points at Both to score. Porto showed vs Franfurt that they got problems at the back, and to see Napoli scoring will not surprise anyone, regadless of Rafa's rotations. In Basel - odds have gone down to 2,05 for AW!? Clearly the value is moving towards the home team, but not my kind of bets! I see goals - to expect anything else with Salzburg involved is difficult, and especially with missings in Basel's defense. Goal/Goal is a joke at 1,57. Over 2,5 Goals is too low at 1,65 so I will wait on the in-play a bit. Late Goal is at 1,83, but again I am sure I can get better odds for this on the in-play after 76th minute. At the moment I would pick Salzburg Team Goals Over 1,5 at 1,80, but ( again! ) if we see a quiet start for 10 minutes this might go up to 2,00 so no point. An early goal here to me looks unlikely and I am prepared to wait a bit on the in-play. Everyone knows how dangerous Salzburg is, including Yakin...Cards are very interesting here too - Over 4,5 Cards is at 1,72 and surely to stop a goal-scoring machine like Salzburg an extra effort will be used. The league game between Juve and Fiore cost me dearly some days ago, with all 3 bets lost, so I will wait and watch... GL all

I will try my luck in-play on most games tonight, no early bets. Except one - Total Cards in Sevilla - the line is set at Over 5,5 Cards, which for an Andalusian derby is too low, and I will take it at 1,61, with medium to high stakes. I haven't checked who the referee will be, but even if he is British or German (who allow a slightly more ''open'' game) the line bookmakers are giving is a joke. The is THE GAME of the region, and I doubt that both teams will finish with 11 men on the pitch, especially in the second game.
Turkish referee Cuneyt Cakir. He has shown an incredible 36 yellow cards and three reds in just eight club games since mid-January. Btw. You shoul know him... http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-united/9912050/Turkish-referee-Cuneyt-Cakirs-history-of-sending-off-England-based-players-in-big-matches.html

I'm not aware of any new team news. It could just be weight of money in the market backing Benfica I suppose. I did think Benfica might be good value, but I saw they have a pretty poor away record in Europe.