** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Europa League > Thursday March 13th

Re: Europa League > Thursday March 13th Yeah, although Tottenham is not doing well at the moment. You need balls to back against them especially a side like Benfica. With all the respect, I really like them at home in some situations and they often rise above their expectations but they are not a top side anymore like years ago. Their best players are nowhere near top level like the other top teams. Gaitan will be rested so Suljemani will play. This guy is a fcking joke, played a few years at Ajax and never did something right. I think Jesus will surely focus on the league too cause he lost the title TWICE in a row now to Porto and 3 in a row would really be a dissaster. They also surely think they have a decent chance at home so a small loss won't be that bad for them. Overall I still think that Tottenham is the better team and Sherwood will play his best 11. Top 4 rank is almost out of sight and this should be a massive price for them or atleast reach a final once in a few years. I like English sides at home on big europian nights with a great atmosphere and the crowd going wild all game. If tottenham can score first I really fancy them to win. 8 wins and 1 draw for Tottenham at home in this league. A win wouldn't shock the world and it is in their reach tonight if they reach their normal level. I saw an interview yesterday and they really look determined to win cause this is one of their last chances for a silver ware. I'll take them for odds of 2.45 with a smile on my face. Maybe Jesus will even rotate more but that's only a + for me then. Goodluck!

Re: Europa League > Thursday March 13th

I wanted to ask the British to this forum why the market goes against Tottenham? There are no significant absences or turnover?
They play Arsenal this weekend and, to put it bluntly, they are crap. The have done relatively well under Sherwood in terms of results but that's because Adebayor has played well, like he does whenever there is a new manager, or he is looking for a new contract or transfer; I think he's finished trying now. Given that about half of Spurs' wins have been 1-0 I think any doubt about them is justified. Their record this season against big sides is terrible, notably losing 6-0 and 5-1 to Man City, 4-0 to Chelsea and 5-0 to Liverpool.

I saw an interview yesterday and they really look determined to win cause this is one of their last chances for a silver ware. I'll take them for odds of 2.45 with a smile on my face. Maybe Jesus will even rotate more but that's only a + for me then. Goodluck!
C'mon, that's Tottenham we are talking about. This club has become delusional. Thinking they are a Top 4 side and dreaming about Champions League even though they are obviously not good enough. Doubt that they'll play with 100%. Europa League isn't big enough for mighty Tottenham Hotspur. ;)

Re: Europa League > Thursday March 13th If you would have red what I wrote you wouldnt write that last sentence. They hold a great home record in this league and Benfica is far from superior nowadays. I think these odds are big and this could be a massive boost ahead of their weekend game. Why should it always be a disadvantage to play another big game in a few days. For a side like Tottenham who suffered lately this could be a turning point

One reason could be that they host Arsenal on Sunday afternoon. Would guess that à homematch against their bigests rivals is more important then another EL match.
Also they were quite fortunate against Dnipro..

Re: Europa League > Thursday March 13th Hello all. I will just quickly sketch out my accum for tonight. First of all - LUDOGORETz 1X double chance. The Bulgarians are giving everything they have in this tournament. The stands at the national stadium will be to the max for the first time in this campaign. Valencia are not significantly better than Lazio IMO. Ludogoretz are getting their captain back after a 1 match ban. He is a vital part of the midfield. Ludogoretz are unbeaten at home in EL. AZ Alkmaar to go through. Not much to say here. Anzhi is a name we will probably be hearing for a few more months. Getting this far is already beyond what was expected. Porto 1X double chance. Napoli have been relying heavily on their home field advantage both in the CL and EL. They will probably be looking to implement Italian style defence and close the gaps on this quick playing fast paced portuguese side. It seems to work for them. If Porto don't get a slight advantage here they are probably out of the tournament. Benfica X2 Double chance. Tottenham were very lucky to eliminate the Ukrainians in the last round. This is Benfica though. Not to mention that the team form has gone down in the last 3 games. This match is coming before the North London derby which will probably define the rest of the season for Tottenham. We will see.

Re: Europa League > Thursday March 13th Confidence is down in the dressing room, the coach has criticised players for there mistakes and lack of effort of the 4-0 defeat by chelski. There is no team cohesion and in general a lack of creativity in the final third. We have struggled to create chances at home this season and are defence is terrible. dawson and chiriches are injured. Kaboul has just returned from injury and is lacking match fitness. If benfica are motivated I can see them winning this game. i never bet against my team but will back both teams to score, as it is inevitable we will concede. COYS

Re: Europa League > Thursday March 13th Porto 1 Helton(GK)© 2 Danilo 4 Maicon 22 Mangala 26 Alex Sandro 20 Carlos Eduardo 25 Fernando 35 Defour 7 Quaresma 9 Martínez 17 Varela 25 NAPOLI Reina(GK) 2 Réveillère 4 Henrique 5 Britos 31 Ghoulam 33 Albiol 7 Callejón 17 Hamšík© 85 Behrami 9 Higuaín 24 Insigne

Re: Europa League > Thursday March 13th Porto-napoli I have spoken to my portugese friends and they tell me that porto are in bad shape at the moment, they are currently third in their league. Napoli are second in seria a and having watched them this season a few times they have been inconsistent for me. benitez loves the eufa cup and I can see him setting his team up to score. They failed to score at swansea and i dont think they will make that mistake this time, with the importance of the away goal. I will back btts

Re: Europa League > Thursday March 13th hi everybody first tip goes to lyon - plzen game. lyon to win, lyon to win to nule. plzen form goes really badly down. Coach Uhrin plays different style of football then previous coach Vrba. He prefered sharp n fast wings with huge attackin support by mids. Plzen now plays same 4-2-3-1 but mostly is it 4-4-2 and some players are quite lost in the field. The games vs shachtar were A very big luck. I dont really expect plzen to score tonite, it will be huge 10 man wall mainly. Expect they will play similar as they play against sparta prague(they played all league games this way!!!). The red card could be also an interesting bet. They got 2 last match, but could have got 4 reds. second tip goes to basel - salzburg game Salzburg to win, nothing less nothing more D third tip goes to porto - neapol game neapol to score :cigar

Re: Europa League > Thursday March 13th I'm on Salzburg too. 2.30 at my local is way too high for a high flying team against a very weakened Basel side. My first thoughts were what the heck? But they are without many important players especially at the back and their leading striker Streller. Salzburg to win and Salzburg to score 2 or more goals with medium stakes for me. Fc porto home win for me too! Full squad and at home they are always very hard to beat. Napoli suffered away at Swansea and were lucky not to concede atleast once. They are a typical home team and I fancy porto to score atleast once here. Might be enough for a win. Napoli will rest Mertens, Inler and Dzemaili with an eye on their weekend game. Qualification for CL is crucial next year. And at home they can always turn around a small loss in the first leg. Small/medium stakes! Ludo +0.5 appeals to me, Valencia without Jonas and Feghouli and R.Costa. 3 really important players also a very important game on sunday away at Sociedad. Ludo unbeaten at home in EL might get the points here but I skip too unpredictable. Goodluck

Re: Europa League > Thursday March 13th lol, Penalty missed, maybe 10 clear cut goal chances missed. The players had so many shooting oppotunities but they are hitting the ball left and right of goal but not hitting the target. ludogorets seem like someone has paid them not too score. I am joking of course, but the way they are playing against 10-men and missing clear cut chances is amazing. Words fail me.

Re: Europa League > Thursday March 13th they did only concede 1 against 10 men, the first was at the very start of the game. Salzburg don't look as comfortable attacking as with Alan, as to be expected, they just look a little out of sync compared to usual, still getting chances though so don't panic yet.

Re: Europa League > Thursday March 13th AZ vs Anzhi It was assumed that the team of Hajiyev has different priorities. Indeed, it would be logical to fly out of the Europa League to rectify the situation in the Russian league. Any other team would have done so. Despite this, Anzhi continues to fight for the honor of Russia in the international arena and slowly add points to the country in the UEFA rankings. Heroes , what else to say ! On the background of weak-willed departures of CSKA and Spartak and surprisingly poor play Zenit. Do not forget that UEFA does not permit football matches in Dagestan , so Anzhi have to play home matches on neutral ground actually - Ramenskoye (Moscow region). Of course, in some places with the lucky draw. In the group , for example , in addition to Tottenham no serious teams. In 1/16 caught the belgian Genk , experiencing the best of times. Average and came with 1/8 final dutch AZ - not much of a rival. In the Dutch championship Dick Advocaat men occupy 7th place. Last year did ended up on the 10th. This is not the AZ , who five years ago became the best in the Eredivisie. And yet , the 7th team Holland clearly stronger 16th Russian. Wonder now in Europe , as the club ranks last in a, frankly, not very strong league, managed to get so high in the Europa League. However, next to the admiration lives a frank disbelief in further success. There are encouraged to make bets on the winner of the tournament. Anzhi biggest odds of all 16 remaining teams in the draw - 80.00. Even Bulgarian " Ludogorets (40.00) and czech Victoria Plzen (50.00) , according to the bookmakers have the best odds. By the way , the next outsider occupying 4th place from the end - AZ (45.00). At the same time do not exclude that Anzhi will be able to get into the quarter finals. Chance to go further , of course, a little more than the dutch. But this is quite a familiar situation for Dagestani team. Neither the groups nor in competition with Genk , they did not look the favorites, but still made ??progress. In Holland Anzhi flies in a good mood. In the match of the 20th round of the championship of Russia against Rubin club finally achieved the first victory of the season - 1:0 (Bukhari). To safe positions are still far away, but the psychological barrier is overcome. Unfortunately, in the Europa League Hajiyev can not produce the same composition as in the Russian league. Vladimir Bystrov and Diniyar Bilyaletdinov out of order. At this add staffing problems before leaving for Alkmar, Ilya Maksimov, Grigalava and Rasim Tagirbekov disqualified. The last two - the main defenders. For AZ with personnel issue , too, not everything smoothly. Wyutens and Dirk Marcellis injured. Wyutens - main central defender. But all the leaders in the ranks of the attack, which in the last two league games scored 8 goals (4:0 with Waalwijk and 4:0 with Heracles) are available. For Anzhi easier to play the first match on the road. Primarily Makhachkala try not to receive. They need to stabilize the game in defense and attack at the expense of the desired results. Those players who have come into the team, understand what is required of them. They have no right to make mistakes, and they should be laid out every game. Such an attitude is the most important. I think everything is clear. The home team scored a good move against two teams from the bottom of the standings. But Anzhi can not be called a club that aspires to high places. Makhachkala are fighting for survival in the Russian league , most likely it is the primary task for them this season. This year for Anzhi started very well. The team has not lost in the last 5 matches and scored one victory in the championship over Rubin Kazan. Remember the players and fans from last year's humiliation to Anzhi 0:5? I think the answer is obvious , of course , yes! Today the team will try to show good football and win. I am afraid that AZ repeat of last year's score of the match , but only in their side ! This time the Russian club will play a stronger opponent. AZ in attack has an american-icelandic striker Aron Johansson, on account of which only in the national championship 16 goals scored. Plus, the head coach , Dick Advocaat is well acquainted with the vast majority of players Anzhi and some of them even played under him in Zenit and the Russian national team. Tip: AZ (-0.5) at 1.88 Pinnacle

I agree' date=' Red Bull Salzburg is one of the hottest machines in world football right now and they have gone under the radar until now. I had my biggest bet of the year on them away to Ajax which unfortunately lost as I bet on Salzburg to win and BTTS at 6-1 and amazingly the easier part didn't come up! Now the bookies take them seriously and the odds reflect that. Right now I would bet on them to win the whole competition, although some of the value has gone, I only see Juve as able to stop this machine...Red Bull really gives you wings :)[/quote'] Hottest team in Europe cant break down Basel's B team. :lol

Re: Europa League > Thursday March 13th Can't see anything other than a Result for Benfica in the Spurs game. Benfica is a damn decent team. They are running away with it in Portugal. Confidence is high. Their away form in Portugal is excellent 8-2-1 with 20 goals for and 8 against They have lost 1 league game all season, and this builds confidence in playing style, tactics, teammates. Benfica Draw no bet is 2.25 on ladbrokes for 3 units

Re: Europa League > Thursday March 13th Volj was the substitute for Alan one of their star strikers. Volj was not up to standard, he looked rather useless and lost out there to me, Bereisha should have been subbed in earlier I think. Unfortunate so many people took Salzburg today, they won like their last 12 games I believe, today was not the right day to take them. I did however worn that I wouldn't recommend a bet on Salzburg if Alan was out of the lineup.

I don't know what will be Valencia's approach of the game tonight but i can assure you that Ludogorets are ready for war.They will feel no pain,no exhaustion etc.and will fight for their lives tonight.We are up for the game and with confidence sky high.I heard Senderos saying that VAlencia will try to decide the game tonight in Sofia.I don't know if they are going to attack from the beginning but i know that Ludogorets will.We should score a goal even though Stoev knows that it will be better not to concede.Personally i won't be betting on the game because i don't know how serious Valencia will take the game.They looked like a middle table side against Bilbao in the weekend and i don't see how they will beat us away.But there is another side too.Spanish teams have faced Valencia a dozen of times and they know what to expect from them.Tonight i think we will see a tight game.We would attack but not too much in order to avoid concedeing a goal.I will ignore what Senderos said and i expect Valencia to be cautious without risking to attack too heavily,prefering to sit back and rely on counter-attacks.If i had to bet n something it would be under 2.5 or in terms of 1x2 my choice would be the draw.GL P.S.We have problems with our CB's and there should be some rotation in the defense + our star Misidjan is doubtful(most probably out). But another game caught my attention.Lyon should have too much for VIctoria tonight.Lyon were the better team against Chernomerts.If you look the stats from the game it will show that they were pretty equal but Lyon had more possession of the ball with Chernomorets sit back and wait.They already showed that they take Europe League seriously and won't give up on it.Vicoria were totally outplyed by Shakhtar Donetsk.They had more shots on and off target,more possession on the ball,corners(17-2!!!)and so on.I fully expect the game to be decided tonight in France with Lyon scoring 2 goals at least.I will be all over Lyon @ 1.9 with bet365
We could easily won the game.We missed a penalty when the result was 0:1.Valencia got player sent off.ANyway we are unofficially out of the competition but i am glad i didn't take the under but Lyon to win.

Hottest team in Europe cant break down Basel's B team
From what I saw, Salzburg certainly dominated and could easily have won, but it looked as though Basel were focussed on defending and Salzburg were struggling to get the space they wanted. Perhaps Basel were happy to take a 0-0 and try for an away goal in Salzburg themselves rather than concede one at home tonight.

I will try my luck in-play on most games tonight, no early bets. Except one - Total Cards in Sevilla - the line is set at Over 5,5 Cards, which for an Andalusian derby is too low, and I will take it at 1,61, with medium to high stakes. I haven't checked who the referee will be, but even if he is British or German (who allow a slightly more ''open'' game) the line bookmakers are giving is a joke. The is THE GAME of the region, and I doubt that both teams will finish with 11 men on the pitch, especially in the second game. If forced to bet or if I see a convincing post here, I would go for : In Lyon - Over 2,5 Goals, as I expects the visitors to score, which is half the job done. In Sofia - Ludogorets 0 AH - I expect the home team to start very tight, as if they play away. Which so far made them very dangerous. Confidence is high, but this is no longer the naive team that missed to join the CL groups two years in a row (vs Basel this season and Dinamo Zagreb last year). In London - I would probably go against the logic and go for Over 2,5 Goals. First - in Europe everything is different, and I can see Spurs changing from an ''underish team'' in EPL into a high-scoring one here. Second - Benfica is very dangerous and if they score first, the game very likely will go Over 2,5. In Porto - all points at Both to score. Porto showed vs Franfurt that they got problems at the back, and to see Napoli scoring will not surprise anyone, regadless of Rafa's rotations. In Basel - odds have gone down to 2,05 for AW!? Clearly the value is moving towards the home team, but not my kind of bets! I see goals - to expect anything else with Salzburg involved is difficult, and especially with missings in Basel's defense. Goal/Goal is a joke at 1,57. Over 2,5 Goals is too low at 1,65 so I will wait on the in-play a bit. Late Goal is at 1,83, but again I am sure I can get better odds for this on the in-play after 76th minute. At the moment I would pick Salzburg Team Goals Over 1,5 at 1,80, but ( again! ) if we see a quiet start for 10 minutes this might go up to 2,00 so no point. An early goal here to me looks unlikely and I am prepared to wait a bit on the in-play. Everyone knows how dangerous Salzburg is, including Yakin...Cards are very interesting here too - Over 4,5 Cards is at 1,72 and surely to stop a goal-scoring machine like Salzburg an extra effort will be used. The league game between Juve and Fiore cost me dearly some days ago, with all 3 bets lost, so I will wait and watch... GL all
Main bet won with the 6th yellow given deep into injury time ! Of the other suggestions looking at the odds pre-match bets would have given me a small profit, yet the Over 2,5 and Over 3,5 at HT in Spurs and Lyon were wide open and written all over...

Sevilla v Betis Of the eight ties, this is the one that caught my attention most - the Seville derby. Sevilla have had the better of recent derbies, with 5 wins to Betis' 2 in the last 10 encounters. Sevilla are also doing much better in the league this season. I was surprised to see that Betis actually finished above Sevilla last season though. I've had a look at the 'shots on target' stats for both teams' recent Europa League games, and Betis' are a bit better than Sevilla's, against what I think has been opposition of a similar class. Opponents in last 5 Europa League games: Sevilla Liberec Estoril Freiburg Maribor Maribor Betis Guimaraes Lyon Rijeka Rubin Rubin I saw Betis' 2-0 win away to Rubin in the last round, and I was very impressed with Betis. I've noticed some of their recent results have picked up as well - they drew away to Villarreal recently. They are 8 points from safety at the bottom of the table with 11 games to go, and it looks as though they still have an outside chance of escaping the drop. They replaced their coach in January, and perhaps the new coach is having some effect now? I'm aware that Sevilla have had much better results this season, and probably have a better team with better players. As tomorrow's game is the first of two legs, I think both clubs will be aware of the significance of an away goal. Sevilla will try not to concede one, because it would give Betis an advantage in the tie. Overall, I think Betis's chances are being underestimated here at the current 1/2/x odds - Sevilla 1.57 Draw 4.56 Betis 6.85 This is a bet I like: Betis +1AH 1.93 Pinnacle
Result: Sevilla 0 Betis 2 Bet won :ok I saw most of the first half, where Sevilla dominated the game and Betis took the lead on the break. As Sevilla were so dominant, and missed some pretty good chances (shots being blocked, or wayward finishing) I thought there was a good chance that Sevilla would win the game. In the first half, Betis weren't keeping possession, Sevilla had free use of the ball for their attack to run in on goal. In the last round away to Rubin Kazan, Betis controlled the game. Here it was the opposite, it seemed that Sevilla controlled it, but somehow couldn't score. I didn't see the second half, apart from the last few minutes, but the stats suggest Sevilla were less dominant (shots and corners for example). Sevilla are clearly the better side at the moment, and I wouldn't be too surprised if they match this result in the second leg and still qualify. Perhaps this sort of 'upset' happens more in derby games, where the favourite dominates and the underdog gets a scrappy hard-fought win? I think I may have been a bit lucky with this bet, but happy to take the win :)

Hello all. I will just quickly sketch out my accum for tonight. First of all - LUDOGORETz 1X double chance. The Bulgarians are giving everything they have in this tournament. The stands at the national stadium will be to the max for the first time in this campaign. Valencia are not significantly better than Lazio IMO. Ludogoretz are getting their captain back after a 1 match ban. He is a vital part of the midfield. Ludogoretz are unbeaten at home in EL. AZ Alkmaar to go through. Not much to say here. Anzhi is a name we will probably be hearing for a few more months. Getting this far is already beyond what was expected. Porto 1X double chance. Napoli have been relying heavily on their home field advantage both in the CL and EL. They will probably be looking to implement Italian style defence and close the gaps on this quick playing fast paced portuguese side. It seems to work for them. If Porto don't get a slight advantage here they are probably out of the tournament. Benfica X2 Double chance. Tottenham were very lucky to eliminate the Ukrainians in the last round. This is Benfica though. Not to mention that the team form has gone down in the last 3 games. This match is coming before the North London derby which will probably define the rest of the season for Tottenham. We will see.
Ppl are showing off with their bets I'd do that too. With the exception of ludogoretz everything goes as planned. You can expect everything from this team. A team that should not be bet on. I will be laying Valencia this weekend. Playing an hour with 10 men and facing tough games in la Liga... To be honest Valencia did not convince me that they deserve to be at this stage.