PL Internet Poker Bragging Thread

Jezza

Re: PL Internet Poker Bragging Thread Just managed a new PB. 3rd in a $10 tourney and just short of $300 payout. Big hand came when I had JJ dealt to me. I was in 3rd of 7 with 82,000 chips. Raised to 15,000, all fold round to the BB who raises all-in with 80,000. I decided to call and he turned over AK. Luckily the board brought nothing and I doubled through and took chip lead. Heart was pounding a little while the cards were being dealt though. A little disappointed going out as me and one other were almost level leaders with the 3rd guy on 9,000 chips. I should have really sat it out and waited for 2nd place. I got dealt AQ on the small blind(2000) and raised to 12,000. BB calls. Flop comes A Q 10. Lovely, top two pair. I bet 8,000 to try and intice some action, BB raises 40,000. I push all in and he calls and turns over KJ. He's only flopped a straight. Oh well. Mistakes are there to learn from, stil a nice tidy profit made on the night. newpb.jpg

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: PL Internet Poker Bragging Thread :notworthy PartyPoker. Over two months ago I won entry to PPM Semis ($9 to value $545). The semis are played next week and in meantime they restructured it and value of entry went down to $270. Today I found my free token + they paid out the difference of $275 to my account. Not bad for two games :clap.

Re: PL Internet Poker Bragging Thread Absolutely piddly in comparison to the rest of you fellas but it makes me feel better. I just finished 2nd out of 630 in one of them $100 freerolls over at Betfred for a prize of $15. Had my own personal stalker in the form of 'kcolch' as well hurling abuse at me when I was at the final table (I don't even remember him on the same table as me let alone knocking him out). That £71.30 in the bottom left hand corner? Pathetic and all through the $100 and $200 freerolls at 1:30am and 7am as well (haven't put a single penny in). When I get the bottle to actually put in some money to enter a tourney then I can talk myself up but as it is, it's weird how I play differently when it involves actual cash. poker30thAugust2005.jpg

Re: PL Internet Poker Bragging Thread Only one PB per person I'm afraid Mrs V. :\ No being greedy!!!;) Which one do you prefer? Manchester will be the better final to be in (smaller field), but I think Telegraph is the better achievement (only 5 qualifiers per heat, allbeit you can have more attempts.....) - I'll put telegraph up for the moment, but if you want it changed, let me know......

Re: PL Internet Poker Bragging Thread sort of a brag, but a cash game rather than a tourney win: ***** Hand History for Game 2629652597 ***** $25 PL Texas Hold'em - Wednesday, August 31, 14:52:08 EDT 2005 Table Table 36984 (Real Money) Seat 2 is the button Total number of players : 10 Seat 1: Husky112 ( $22.80 ) Seat 2: tnaskills121 ( $16.55 ) Seat 5: uhvbinnialtd ( $42.85 ) Seat 9: Raputin ( $21.90 ) Seat 10: TODD3419 ( $25.75 ) Seat 7: andycairns ( $19.15 ) Seat 6: Drecksspiel ( $23.05 ) Seat 8: samydabull3 ( $26.55 ) Seat 3: cbrooks26 ( $18.85 ) Seat 4: lakesic ( $24.60 ) cbrooks26 posts small blind [$0.10]. lakesic posts big blind [$0.25]. ** Dealing down cards ** Dealt to andycairns [ 2h 5h ] uhvbinnialtd calls [$0.25]. Drecksspiel folds. andycairns calls [$0.25]. samydabull3 calls [$0.25]. Raputin raises [$0.50]. TODD3419 calls [$0.50]. Husky112 folds. tnaskills121 calls [$0.50]. cbrooks26 folds. lakesic folds. uhvbinnialtd calls [$0.25]. andycairns calls [$0.25]. samydabull3 calls [$0.25]. ** Dealing Flop ** [ Ac, 5c, 2s ] uhvbinnialtd bets [$1]. andycairns raises [$6.20]. samydabull3 folds. Raputin folds. TODD3419 raises [$22.80]. tnaskills121 folds. uhvbinnialtd calls [$21.80]. andycairns is all-In [$12.45] ** Dealing Turn ** [ 2c ] uhvbinnialtd bets [$3]. TODD3419 is all-In [$2.45] ** Dealing River ** [ 2d ] uhvbinnialtd shows [ 5d, 5s ] a full house, Fives full of twos. andycairns shows [ 2h, 5h ] four of a kind, twos. TODD3419 doesn't show [ 4d, 3d ] a straight, ace to five. uhvbinnialtd wins $0.55 from side pot #2 with a full house, Fives full of twos. uhvbinnialtd wins $13.15 from side pot #1 with a full house, Fives full of twos. andycairns wins $56.35 from the main pot with four of a kind, twos. :loon

Re: PL Internet Poker Bragging Thread Very nice - no way really of incorporating it in the PB thread - but you've got the cash to show for it!!! The line I don't understand is...... TODD3419 doesn't show [ 4d, 3d ] a straight, ace to five If he didn't show, then why does the log tell you his cards?

Re: PL Internet Poker Bragging Thread

Very nice - no way really of incorporating it in the PB thread - but you've got the cash to show for it!!! The line I don't understand is...... TODD3419 doesn't show [ 4d, 3d ] a straight, ace to five If he didn't show, then why does the log tell you his cards?
Sticking my nose in here, but WTH. I think I read on here some(?) sites allow a full hand history (including folds) at a later date. It may be the case here. I play (freerolls still :eyes) on Poker.com and they have a box which tells you what you folded (horrible feature-torture), may be the same software? Just my ignorant opinion;) Nice one Legend:clap

Re: PL Internet Poker Bragging Thread Well I know Jezza mentioned something about this recently,. but I didn't really get when it happened. If you muck your cards though and choose not to show, why has anyone ever the right to know them? You say at a later date valiant, but this is immediate - the hand history can be accessed straight away......

Re: PL Internet Poker Bragging Thread Hi GaF Fancy not letting me brag about qualifying for more than one Final! wink2.gif But seriously, I do not mind which you enter as my personal best for the mo as my finishing position in the Manchester Final next Thursday will be my new PB. I can then go on to the Telegraph final and maybe ask you to enter my position in that final as my PB. Thanks all for the pats on the back and cheering on in the qualifiers.bowdown.gif Good Luck to all for the remainders of the qualifiers. crossfingers.gif

It's not really bragging as it was just a small 2 table job but I got this just before winning the final hand - and I thought of the 7-2 bit of fun.
spankie.gif As everyone on here should know, 7-2 offsuit is the BEST DAMN HAND IN POKER, but 7-2 suited is another matter altogether!!! Playing 7-2 suited is one of the major mistakes of most new initiates, and it WILL get you into trouble. You were lucky this time DAC, but I hope you learn your lesson soon before you get into real trouble. Your homework for tonight is to study and memorise the imposters: http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~mhowe/imposter.htm Only then will you be ready for the Secret Law of Improbability, the first step towards becoming a Level 2 initiate. I wish you luck. wink2.giflaugh4.gif

GPW, Like I'd apolgoise for the 7-2 suited. :( What on earth could I have been thinking. I look forward to level 2, with gods grace I can beat my affliction......:o
Any time you aggressively play seven deuce off suit, the universe will bend the laws of short term probability in order to re-balance the long term probability abuses by those trashy players who only play premium hands." - Celeryman, 2004. Your new sig DAC? BTW W pl tonight.:clap