** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

Premier League - Week 1

kevshat

[TABLE=class: couponTable]

[TR] [TH][/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Thursday 6 February 2014[/TH] [TH]Player 1[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Player 2[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Chisnall, D v Thornton, R (19:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.4 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.4 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]103.33 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Wright, P v Newton, W (19:40 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.92 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.3 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.39 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Van Barneveld, R v Anderson, G (20:20 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.44 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.5 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.98 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Taylor, P v Van Gerwen, M (21:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.38 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4.8 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.4 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]104.52 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Whitlock, S v Lewis, A (21:40 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.3 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 5.4 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.9 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.45 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Premier League - Week 1 Robert Thornton to beat Dave Chisnall 7/5 betway Quite surprised to see The Thorn odds against in this match against Premier League debutant Dave Chisnall. Some may be asking why Chizzy is in the ten man line up this year but he had a very good 2013 up until his 6-0 defeat to Phil Taylor in the World Grand Prix in Dublin in October. Ever since then he seems to have been devoid of confidence, missing match darts in the first round of the World Championship against John Henderson and performing below par in other tournaments such as the Grand Slam in November. Tomorrow night will be a new experience for him but I don't think playing in the party atmosphere of the Premier League will suit him. On a few occasions he has stepped away from the board when on a double for the crowd to quieten down and this could work against Chizzy. This is Thorntons second year in the PL and if he can produce his normal steady game he should have too much for the new boy. Wes Newton to beat Peter Wright 2/1 various I like the look of Newton in the repeat of the quarter final clash at the World Championships which went to a deciding set with Snakebite prevailing. In the World Championships Wright tended to start his matches slowly going behind against Newton, MVG, Smith and Laursen in the early stages of theses matches. With it being a best of 12 encounter tomorrow night it doesn't give Wright much time to find his rhythm and Newton can take advantage of this and punish him early on. At the German Darts Championship at the weekend Wright appeared to have changed his darts setup again and this didn't help when averaging 81 in defeat to Wayne Jones. Similar to the match above Newton has the advantage of playing in the PL last year whereas this is Wrights debut and it could take a few weeks for him to get in his stride.

Re: Premier League - Week 1 Opening night previews: 4pts R.Thornton to beat D.Chisnall (DNB) 20/21 Boylesports Thornton has a couple of things in his favour here. He is the better finisher of the two and he knows what to expect with the crowd and the stage so he should be able to settle into his work quickly. This is unchartered territory for Chisnall and he make take a few legs to settle down and produce his best darts. Chisnall leads the head to head between the two but I feel Thornton could well thrive more in these conditions. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/chisnall-vs-thornton-betting-robert-thornton-likely-to-perform-better-in-these-conditions 4pts W.Newton Over 2.5 180s 4/5 Coral I wouldn’t like to pick a winner of this match. We saw in the World Championship that the two are pretty evenly matched so the draw has to be a major player in this one. One thing I do like the look of is for Wes to score more than 2.5 180s. He is a pretty heavy 180 hitter and he’ll need plenty to keep up in this match so that line looks one if not two too low. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/wright-vs-newton-betting-wes-newton-can-cover-the-180-line-in-liverpool 4pts R.Barneveld vs G.Anderson - Over 5.5 180s 8/11 Betfred If Gary Anderson hits his doubles like he has been in the main in the last 2-3 months then this will be a belting game but we can never guarantee that. One thing we can guarantee is that these two will score well so I like the look of over 5.5 180s in this match. Barneveld hits a lot more 180s now than he did a couple of years ago and while Anderson isn’t as prolific he should still help the total along nicely. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/barneveld-vs-anderson-betting-heavy-scorers-can-bang-in-the-180s 4pts M.van Gerwen to beat P.Taylor (DNB) 10/11 Boylesports Taylor has made a career out of bouncing back when he has lost in big tournaments but his move to change dart manufacturer is an interesting one. He may need a week or two to get used to his new tools in match conditions and that could be the difference here. Van Gerwen will be right up for this one. He doesn’t fear Taylor but he knows this is going to be the rivalry for the year and I think he can get the first blow in here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/van-gerwen-vs-taylor-betting-mighty-mike-can-get-his-title-defence-off-to-winning-start 4pts A.Lewis to beat S.Whitlock 9/10 Boylesports Adrian Lewis usually peaks on the big occasion and I think he can do that here. He will have the bit between his teeth because his defeat to van Gerwen in the World Championship will have hurt a lot and the fact he went to Germany and played at the weekend gives me a bit more confidence in him. Whitlock could very well be a bit rusty here which isn’t ideal so I’ll take Lewis to hit the Jackpot in this one. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/whitlock-vs-lewis-betting-adrian-lewis-can-kick-off-with-a-win-in-liverpool

Re: Premier League - Week 1 Week 1 most 180's Van Barneveld 9/1 Betfred A bit of a speculative punt but the odds are quite appealing. Barney's best days are behind him but he is still a heavy 180 hitter. No matter how well he is playing he can usually be relied upon to hit plenty of 180s. In the first 3 rounds of the world champs he hit a total of 20 180's; which shows that he still has what it takes. There is a good chance of his match against Anderson going quite a distance increasing the chances for180s. Of the main dangers; Van Gerwen does an awful lot of switching to 19s which will keep his tally down. Lewis is obviously prolific but has quite a few bad games in the premier league. It's hard to know how Chisnall will cope with the premier league but Its fair to say that he might well struggle. Anderson Is playing well but this is down to his improved doubling rather than 180 hitting. Obviously on their day any of the players could win this market. But with Barney's consistent 180 hitting I will be taking the 9/1.