** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Friday 2:05 > County Handicap Hurdle

• 1 month later...

Re: Friday 2:05 > County Handicap Hurdle hmmmm ........not a race I like but ill have a bash at anything .... lac Fontana 83 cheltenian 81 alavain 79 typically open race ..........you can stick a pin in sometimes but lac Fontana rating is here at chelt and that's good enuf for me ........course form always good and improving type and capable of better .........cheltian also has sound chances and Richard Johnson is in the winners so can run well and alaivain will need to improve but has put a fast time in and gets in off bottom weight so that's a powerful combination in a big race like this ...........prices allow all 3 so may as well have tag team and hope big price goes in lac Fontana 2pts win 12/1 paddypower alavain 2pts win 14/1 paddypower cheltian 2pts win 9/1 paddypower

Re: Friday 2:05 > County Handicap Hurdle Cheltenham 2:05 - Vincent O'Brien County Handicap Hurdle(Grade 3) (1) 2m1f I like the Hobbs pair in this race and if Cheltenian comes here and shows his Champion Bumper form he could be a very hard horse to beat. He is an extremely talented horse and the Hobbs yard are in great shape. They had a winner today with Fingal Bay and his horses are fresh. His other horse is Dunraven Storm who is ridden by the talented Tom O'Brien and he ran well here at Cheltenham behind Cue Card in the past and has been kept fresh for this race. CHELTENIAN - Each-way @ 9/1 Betfred DUNRAVEN STORM - Each-way @ 25/1 Sky Bet Read Full Preview @ http://www.horse-racing.org/county-hurdle-preview-the-hobbs-horses-are-fresh-and-have-a-strong-hand-here

Re: Friday 2:05 > County Handicap Hurdle

Cheltenham 2:05 - Vincent O'Brien County Handicap Hurdle(Grade 3) (1) 2m1f I like the Hobbs pair in this race and if Cheltenian comes here and shows his Champion Bumper form he could be a very hard horse to beat. He is an extremely talented horse and the Hobbs yard are in great shape. They had a winner today with Fingal Bay and his horses are fresh. His other horse is Dunraven Storm who is ridden by the talented Tom O'Brien and he ran well here at Cheltenham behind Cue Card in the past and has been kept fresh for this race. CHELTENIAN - Each-way @ 9/1 Betfred DUNRAVEN STORM - Each-way @ 25/1 Sky Bet Read Full Preview @ http://www.horse-racing.org/county-hurdle-preview-the-hobbs-horses-are-fresh-and-have-a-strong-hand-here
I agree with this and have backed them both too. Cheltenian especially looks to have a huge chance. I have also had a bet on Minella Foru (10/1) and a couple of quid on Strongpoint (40/1). I will go into more detail later on hopefully.

I agree with this and have backed them both too. Cheltenian especially looks to have a huge chance. I have also had a bet on Minella Foru (10/1) and a couple of quid on Strongpoint (40/1). I will go into more detail later on hopefully.
I cant really add much more to Cheltenian & Dunraven Storm that Aidy hasnt already mentioned so I will focus on the other two. Minella Foru is an interesting runner because its hard to get a solid grip on the form. On my workings he is a little bit shy of what I would normally consider but I get the feeling there is plenty more to come that I cant help but put a little bit on him. He has a good turn of foot and he looks like he will be suited by such a big field just because of the way he travels and quickens. He is suited by good ground and after watching his last run back I cant help but think he was much better than his finishing position. Its hard to work out how these types of horses will figure back in a handicap but I do think he has the right type of profile for a race of this nature. Strongpoint is certainly not one to get carried away with but he has run 2 really impressive races back to back beating some useful and solid horses in the process. He stays further which will be an asset but I do think that he will more than likely get found out in this company. I dont really see why he has suddenly improved to run as well as he has done the last twice but at such decent odds I am happy enough to take a chance and find out whether it was a 'fluke'.

Re: Friday 2:05 > County Handicap Hurdle The 2 that interested me were Alavain (16/1) and Montbazon (25/1): Alavain was only beaten by 2L in this race in 2011 off a mark of 144 so he should run well off a mark of 132 with a good 5lb claimer aboard. He's shown signs that he's coming into form of late, finishing 2nd in a handicap to Quick Decission in January and then he was 6th in the Betfair Hurdle, staying on from a long way back. Ran well both times he's been to Cheltenham and won't mind the ground. Montbazon is a bit of a shot in the dark. 4th in the 2011 running of the Supreme only beaten a length or so and his form prior to that had been very strong. Been off for 2 years when making his reappearance in the Betfair, travelled up quite nicely but never got going in the straight and was well beat. That was on ground he would have hated though and he did shape as if retaining ability. Today he could be a different proposition, freshened up by the run and on good ground. Again he also likes Cheltenham and King horses running much better now.

hmmmm ........not a race I like but ill have a bash at anything .... lac Fontana 83 cheltenian 81 alavain 79 typically open race ..........you can stick a pin in sometimes but lac Fontana rating is here at chelt and that's good enuf for me ........course form always good and improving type and capable of better .........cheltian also has sound chances and Richard Johnson is in the winners so can run well and alaivain will need to improve but has put a fast time in and gets in off bottom weight so that's a powerful combination in a big race like this ...........prices allow all 3 so may as well have tag team and hope big price goes in lac Fontana 2pts win 12/1 paddypower alavain 2pts win 14/1 paddypower cheltian 2pts win 9/1 paddypower
Bloody hell Rich, let someone else have a go at finding a winner! :ok

hmmmm ........not a race I like but ill have a bash at anything .... lac Fontana 83 cheltenian 81 alavain 79 typically open race ..........you can stick a pin in sometimes but lac Fontana rating is here at chelt and that's good enuf for me ........course form always good and improving type and capable of better .........cheltian also has sound chances and Richard Johnson is in the winners so can run well and alaivain will need to improve but has put a fast time in and gets in off bottom weight so that's a powerful combination in a big race like this ...........prices allow all 3 so may as well have tag team and hope big price goes in lac Fontana 2pts win 12/1 paddypower alavain 2pts win 14/1 paddypower cheltian 2pts win 9/1 paddypower
lac Fontana ......another speed winner .......nice price

Re: Friday 2:05 > County Handicap Hurdle Unlucky on Montbazon Lodge, good shout though! Well done Richard, another winner to add to the list! Mine were all pretty crap, Cheltenian looked good for a long way but dropped out tamely before being pulled up. Dunraven Storm was never good enough to get into it and Minella Foru looked like he might get into it but didnt find up the hill.

Unlucky on Montbazon Lodge, good shout though! Well done Richard, another winner to add to the list! Mine were all pretty crap, Cheltenian looked good for a long way but dropped out tamely before being pulled up. Dunraven Storm was never good enough to get into it and Minella Foru looked like he might get into it but didnt find up the hill.
I thought cheltenian looked the winner .........ran a good race just conked out at the end