** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

BBOTD Wednesday 29th January

Lodge

6.50 - Kempton - Corporal Maddox 1pt @ 10/1 Paddypower I’m quite keen on Corporal Maddox in this competitive handicap, he's shaped like a winner in waiting on a few occasions this winter and he has good claims once again tomorrow. I backed him at the beginning of last month after he ran really well over C&D twice. He’s a hold up performer and had suffered with traffic problems and wide draws, but nearly put it all together that day when coming a neck 2nd to the re-opposing Tasrih. He struggled next time out in conditions company but bounced straight back lto when he was a never nearer 4th in a better race over 6f, suggesting the step back up to 7f will be in his favour. He’s not obviously well handicapped off a mark of 85 these days but his close 2nd off this mark last month suggests he’ll be competitive. On the form of his 2nd here in December he should have a fair chance of beating Tasrih, who beat him by a neck that day but is now 2lbs worse off with my selection. Nassau Storm and Bowstar were both in behind that day, and Nassau Storm is 4lb worse off tomorrow so Corporal Maddox should hopefully confirm that form too. He has a good draw in stall 4 tomorrow night and although i'm not a massive fan of George Baker, he is a good AW jockey and should give Corporal Maddox the style of ride he needs.

Re: BBOTD Wednesday 29th January 4.50 Kempton - Addikt 1pt win @ 5/1 PaddyPower I'll take a chance on this horse returning to form here after a small break of 71 days. He has ran 3 times over CD and has won every time, with 2 of those runs coming after breaks. I think its significant Luke Morris has been booked for the ride and this horse returns here off a lowly mark of 48. All 3 of his wins have come from marks in the 60's so he is certainly well-handicapped if back to his best. One major worry is the trainers record at the track, which reads 0-34 but I will take my chances.

Re: BBOTD Wednesday 29th January Kempton 5:50 I like Luke Morris on the all-weather and Michael's Nook looks way overpriced in my opinion to land this contest. He won on January 24th over course and distance in 2013 with Luke Morris on board off a mark of 48. He runs off a mark of 48 again tomorrow so clearly if he is in the same heart as last year he has a big chance of winning. Luke has been riding very well of late and has ridden 3 winners from his last 10 rides, so I am more than happy to take the 18/1. Michael's Nook WIN @ 18/1 Bet Victor

Re: BBOTD Wednesday 29th January More a punt from the heart rather from the head, but head is broken at the moment so might not be a bad thing, most of these have been round the block a few times and a runner that has put food of the table a few times is David Evans runner in Race 3 Its a very VERY poor looking race and the 7yr gelding can post the odd fair effort in here at Kempton, if he turns up in the mood he might get lucky. ?17:50 Kempton Pk - Fleetwoodsands. 1pt Win Bet @ 5/1 Bet365 ''BOG''

Re: BBOTD Wednesday 29th January 1850 kempton 1pt win firmdecisions 9/2 bet365 not my type of racing,i never actually bet money at this meeting, but in the spirit of the comp, here goes 4 year old gelding won over course and distance last time out,and that was after 5 months off the race tracks,has had a break of 41 days ,and this competitive race could see him running a big race again, jockey and trainer dont team up very often,2 runners and 1 winner

Re: BBOTD Wednesday 29th January 5.50 Kempton - Salford Prince ew 12/1 bet365 Elsworth only sends the one to Kempton and when teaming up with keniry doesn't fare too bad. Jock was on when 2.5L behind nto winner Medam , wasn't as good lto but did stay on and looks competitive off this mark still and can nab a place at least Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Re: BBOTD Wednesday 29th January 7.50 kemp limegrove 9/1 ew bet365 Has been very disappointing but the talent is there,if u look at its early form,when second to fig roll,beat alutiq ! And if the short break has worked then this could easily win and Kirby rides,which is a big positive around here,Evans is having his horses placed but needs a winner and this could b it :/

Re: BBOTD Wednesday 29th January 620 Kempton: Pool House 4/5 bet365/SJ No heroics from me at Kempton, quite simply Pool House looks to have just one rival to beat in Taquka. The Balding horse has been made favourite for four of his five starts and is becoming frustrating but last time dropped back to 5f and ran out of time. Back to 6f here and acts on the track which is an unknown for Taquka and also he tries this trip for the first time and comes back from nearly 200 days off. All in all Pool House looks the safest option.

Re: BBOTD Wednesday 29th January 18.50 Kempton: Bowstar @ 25/1 Bet365 - 0.5pts e/w Bowstar might be vulnerable of her current mark and it could be well the case she needs more assistance from the handicapper to be capable of winning but there are some points to be encouraged about her chance today. First of all she run pretty well in her last two starts I thought. At Lingfield on her penultimate start she travelled like a dream and looked the winner over one furlong out, but got a bit tired in the end over the 1m trip and finished only 3rd. She dropped to 7f two weeks ago then, a trip I feel might be her optimum, and while she travelled well enough until the 2f marker, she seemed to lack a bit of focus in the home straight and got also hampered, even though it might not have made such a big difference about the outcome of the race. Interestingly she's fitted with blinkers for the first time and if that can shapen her up and helps to focus, I feel she is in with a good shot as the bottom weight in this race.

Re: BBOTD Wednesday 29th January Addict is a non-runner. 5.20 Kempton - Apache Glory 1pt win @ 11/1 BetVictor This horse has won off higher marks on turf but he did run well last time out to suggest he could be running into form. That run came at Lingfield but he has won at this track. He has Luke Morris doing the steering which is a positive and I can see him finishing off well today and hopefully getting his head in front. Apologies for the write up but I'm on my dinner break and on my phone!

Re: BBOTD Wednesday 29th January Think I may jump onboard the 6.50pm @ Kempton with yet another thread selection in 'Maggie Pink' 11/1 (Coral) Doing a bit of drifting and market weakness would normally put me off but this is a very open race and the form of most runners ties in very closely. This one was 3 lengths off Tellovoi last time out @ Southwell, that thing came out and danced home yesterday in a claimer, but in very taking style by a distance. I think that form is up there with anything else in today's race. A previous course and distance winner when making all, repeat tactics could steal this one today. Overpriced in my book. 1 point win

Re: BBOTD Wednesday 29th January 6.50 Kempton: Emkanaat, 6/1 Bet365, win Emkanaat finished second at Lingfield last Saturday. He was given too much to do by his jockey and although he probably wouldn't have won he would have been a lot closer to the winner had he been ridden more prominently. He drops back in trip to 7f which will suit and he has won over c&d in the past. He runs from the same mark again today and I expect him to go close. Jockey takes off a valuable five pounds.

Re: BBOTD Wednesday 29th January K6.20 Why Not Now e/w 25/1 Skybet It's pretty much 25/1 bar the first 2 in the betting and I think this one is a sporting chance to be in the shake up if either of the 2 market leaders falter. Ordinarily it's not a good idea backing a horse on its 3rd run but Roger Charlton doesn't strike me as a trainer looking to protect the horse for a decent handicap mark next time and indeed he's booked a top 5lb claimer for the ride. The horse is by Notnowcato whose horses do really well particularly on the all weather and the trainer is in cracking form. The front pair in the betting are 0 for 9 between them so I'll have a dabble on this one e/w.

Re: BBOTD Wednesday 29th January 7.50 Kemp - Charley's Angel - EW at 18/1 bog wm hill A really poor class 6 handicap for 3yo Most of these are probably pretty useless, some are exposed, some less so, but none of them have much decent form to go on I'm going for one of the least exposed. She's had 5 runs, the last 3 of them here at Kempton and had been progressively getting closer to the front in each of her last 4 runs. Beaten 3.5L last time and the horses around her have all either won or finished close up since, so that form looks OK as it was a better race than this Drops back a furlong today which might help as she's been a bit of a puller in her last 2 runs over further.........the faster pace at 6F might help her settle

Re: BBOTD Wednesday 29th January

18.50 Kempton: Bowstar @ 25/1 Bet365 - 0.5pts e/w Bowstar might be vulnerable of her current mark and it could be well the case she needs more assistance from the handicapper to be capable of winning but there are some points to be encouraged about her chance today. First of all she run pretty well in her last two starts I thought. At Lingfield on her penultimate start she travelled like a dream and looked the winner over one furlong out, but got a bit tired in the end over the 1m trip and finished only 3rd. She dropped to 7f two weeks ago then, a trip I feel might be her optimum, and while she travelled well enough until the 2f marker, she seemed to lack a bit of focus in the home straight and got also hampered, even though it might not have made such a big difference about the outcome of the race. Interestingly she's fitted with blinkers for the first time and if that can shapen her up and helps to focus, I feel she is in with a good shot as the bottom weight in this race.
BRILLIANT! :clap