Manchester City v Liverpool > Boxing Day

Aidymac

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617] [TR=class: row1] [TD=class: firstColumn]Manchester City v Liverpool (17:30 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.83[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]5.2[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]98.79 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Manchester City v Liverpool > Boxing Day The thing I like (love) about City is that they are a side that's always looking for goals. They never stop looking for another goal to put to their total, whether they are 2-3 ahead (like at Fulham) or 5-0. They're not the team to sit back and try to defend their lead. I agree with the post above, I think there's value on the straight City win. Suarez is the only player they have to worry about. Of course Aguero is a big miss, but without him they can score goals too. But Dzeko or Aguero is a big, big difference.

Re: Manchester City v Liverpool > Boxing Day Simple case of two sides who are both far better at home than they are away. Liverpool aren't Chelsea, they can't really adapt a different game plan when they go to away games and that is obvious when they look at how many goals they concede on the road - their last game against Spurs they were brilliant but Spurs had lost the plot after the second goal went in, the games before that they conceded 2 against Arsenal and Newcastle and most recently 3 against Everton and Hull. Rodgers will go to City and try and play rather than sit back, he will try and pair Suarez against Demichelis to try and exploit his lack of pace. Liverpool's defence has improved but they don't have real class at the back, Lucas will have his work cut out here as City have loads of players that operate between the midfield and defensive lines. I'm not convinced it's in City's interest to play two up top away if Aguero is out but they will certainly start with Negredo and Dzeko here, Zabaleta should be back for this one too and that would be a bonus as all the defenders will need to be on their game against such a good attacking side. Goals would be the obvious call but over 2.5 at 1.45 doesn't really appeal, it would be surprising to see City drop many points at home and as good as Liverpool have been so far they will drop enough points in games like this not to be in contention at the business end of the season, lets be honest their target this season is CL football and they are in a good position in this regard. City have already beaten Man Utd, Arsenal and Tottenham at home this season scoring an average of 5 in those games. I think this one will be closer and Aguero being out certainly eliminates some of their attacking threat but the City win looks a bit high here to me and I'm happy to take them on with a couple of asian handicaps. Man City -0.5,-1.0AH - 2.03 - pinnacle - 7.5 Points Man City -1.0AH - 2.37 - pinnacle - 7.5 Points

Re: Manchester City v Liverpool > Boxing Day Well, both sides will miss one of or maybe their best player for this game in the likes of Steven Gerard and K. Aguero. I think this will affect the game. The loss of Gerard is bigger for Liverpool than the loss of Aguero for City in my opinion. Ofcourse Liverpool played some good games without him but that was especially at home against weaker teams. In top games, you miss someone like Gerard cause he often carry's the team and his vision, work rate and goal threat are important. In my eyes one of the best leaders in-game. Away from home they often struggle and Suarez can't win every game on his own. He is amazing but City knows this as well. They will be well prepared to lock Suarez down. Ofcourse he can score anytime but don't forget that City will too. They showed against Arsenal that they can put out a huge amount of pressure on the guests. With so much quality on the pitch and especially technicall players, there will be space exploited. Aguero is along with Toure city's best player and extremely important. His goal threat, work rate, finishing skills are amazing and he can score out of the blue and make the difference in any game. But, and there is a big but. I think this would affect City in a more negative way when they would have played away. At home they really dominate against any opponent nowadays, great possesion play and since they create so much chances in front of goal, I have no doubts other players will step up. They have one of the best squads in the world and Toure, Silva, Negredo, Dzeko, Silva can all score goals. In away games there is less pressure from City's side and they have a more tactical plan. Teams often tight up at the back when they face City and spaces are small at the back. Chances are slim and Aguero is one of the best to still create something in small areas. Ofcourse Liverpool will try and do the same in this game but their defense is not that reliable. They conceded a lot and we saw in many games that City can score early goals so than they have to open up. Their midfield will get outplayed if City reaches their normal level so no way they can hold them down for 90 minutes. If city can find a early goal I expect a lot of goals in this game. I have the feeling City rather wins games at home with scores like 4-2 than 1-0. I expect a strong performance and an entertaining game. I''ll back the home win with medium/high stakes. Medium stakes on over 2.5 goals and city to win. City -1.5 handicap small stakes. Goodluck all!

Re: Manchester City v Liverpool > Boxing Day City will be champions this season. And they will do it with home form. They have just been unbelievable 6-3 Arsenal 6-0 Tottenham 3-1 Everton 4-1 Man United 4-0 Newcastle Those are decent sides, whatever their problems, and they have all been spanked and crushed. 5 clean sheets in 8 home games. City have won both halves in 7 of 8 home games. They have won the 2nd half 8 times of 8 which is crazy The top 4 teams in Europe for win both halves at home are Man City 7 of 8 87.5% Arsenal 6 of 8 62.5% Paris SG 6 of 10 60% Juventus 4 of 8 for 50% It shows you just how good City are at home. Liverpool will probably lose. Not because they are a bad team but CIty are just too good at home. This City team must be judged on this seasons performance. Forget the last few years , this is a different animal. The major diff is the coach. He has them playing a fantastic brand of football, something which was beyond Mancini. In 8 1st halves city have a 16-2 goals record. In 8 2nd halves they have 19-3 record. These numbers are insanely good. Put it in perspective, City have won 8 2nd halves, Barcelona just 4 of 8 at home. Only Athletic Madrid can compare with them at home (7-2 1st half record | goals of 14-3 ---- 6-3 second half record | goals 19-3), but City's opponents have been much better quality. The HT/FT Man City is 2.6 on bet365 City to win both halves at 4.7 which is what I would take if I could.

Re: Manchester City v Liverpool > Boxing Day

I'm going against the crowd here 6 of the last 9 have ended in a draw Man citys prem record when at home to liverpool reads 3-5-3 So based purely on stats and and in the hunt for value i'm backing the draw @ 4.2
Just want to underline something here, You can't take Man city prem record at home to Liverpool like this as maybe you forget that there was an older Man City and now a new one since the Qataris took over... ENORMOUSLY HUGE DIFFERENCE!! So judging on those stats is irrelevant. GL with your bet.

Re: Manchester City v Liverpool > Boxing Day 4pts Over 3.5 goals 13/10 BetVictor We’re almost guaranteed goals in this game. City score them for fun at home while Liverpool’s last seven have all had more than 3.5 goals in them. Suarez looks like he’s going to score against everyone at the minute while City play a no nonsense, get it down and attack sort of game. Neither side are watertight at the back so this festive thriller should have goals aplenty. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/man-city-vs-liverpool-betting-goals-should-be-a-certainty-at-the-etihad

Just want to underline something here, You can't take Man city prem record at home to Liverpool like this as maybe you forget that there was an older Man City and now a new one since the Qataris took over... ENORMOUSLY HUGE DIFFERENCE!! So judging on those stats is irrelevant. GL with your bet.
I agree Man City are not the same side but with all due respect ,Liverpool have improved greatly since the turn of the year and have only lost 4 games out of last 20 on the road and i actually believe they may get something out of this game providing they score first Q :will Man city win ??? A : most probably BUT if the favorite or the in form side won every time they went on to the pitch , we wouldnt watch sport would we ? And to reiterate ive based this on stats , are they relevant ?? who knows ?? but i'll get more for my buck than laying Man City Merry Christmas and GL to all having a punt on this game

Re: Manchester City v Liverpool > Boxing Day Also going on City and over here. City last 10 games at home (9-0-1) Man City - Arsenal 6:3 Man City - Swansea 3:0 Man City -Viktoria Pl… 4:2 Man City - Tottenham 6:0 Man City - CSKA 5:2 Man City - Norwich 7:0 Man City - Everton 3:1 Man City -Bayern Münc… 1:3 Man City - Wigan 5:0 Man City - Man Utd 4:1 Only loss againt Bayern Munchen, and seems crazy strong besides that game. Odds around 1.80 on City should be considered value. Will also play City and odds to drop on the SpiffX market as I think thats a likely scenario.

Re: Manchester City v Liverpool > Boxing Day I think with the absence of Agüero there will still be plenty of goals to be expected in this game. Liverpool´s strength lies in the attack, not their defense. If they want to have a chance against Man City they know they cannot rely on a defensive strategy or their own defense to get them the win. They have to rely on the attack and try to reach Suarez as much as possible and they will be forced to play an open and attacking game. The only possible strategy to defeat Man City at home is to keep the ball as much away from their attackers as possible. Their attackers are the most lethal in Europe at the moment being able to score big against any team, including Bayern München. Liverpool will have to play attacking and try to keep Man City under pressure for as long as they can and hope they can make a few goals. Any team that plays defensively against them completely failed and got wrecked. The only way to win for Liverpool is to try to make more goals than City and thus if there manager has studies the previous City home games, which I am sure he did, he knows he has to take risk and play offensive. Not having Agüero in this match is a bit of a downer for me or I would have put more money on it. However for this match I am playing over 3,5 goals @ 2,23 Pinnacle.

Re: Manchester City v Liverpool > Boxing Day We played City off the park last season at the Etihad IMO, but only managed to come away with a point in a 2-2 draw. We are much improved this season, especially recently with Suarez absolutely on fire. It will be a brilliant game, and City at home are very very strong, but they are bit short for me. No Aguero, no Zabaleta... and Demichelis in defence! Who looks very poor. We press non stop, and I envisage him having a nightmare up against Suarez with Sterling's pace and Henderson's non stop running beyond the forwards. Would I be surprised if we win? not at all. Sat top, in great form, best Striker in the World (arguably) in the side. Rodgers has stated were going there to win, attack attack attack. Like we did against Spurs and won convincingly. BETS: Liverpool + 1 @ 11/10 Raheem Sterling Anytime Scorer @ 4/1 - Sterling gets chances, his direct style and pace see him often bearing down on goal. He has 3 goals in his last 4 games, and I wouldn't not be surprised to see him add again here against a make shift defence.

Re: Manchester City v Liverpool > Boxing Day This is one of those matches that look so easy to profit from. City wins because o their amazing power at home, scoring tons of goals, etc, etc. Over 3.5 because both teams scores tons of goals, because it seems impossible that a team fails to score. However anyone in this businness for quite a long, also knows that in these kind of matches usually someones screws up. Either the home team that played badly, either the away team striker that missed those chances, or the away team GK that performed amazingly..anyway, so many excuses. IMO Brendan Rodgers will try to avoid defeat...everyone knows it´s very hard to play eye-in-the-eye in the ettihad. Also because there´s a trip to Stamford Bridge on the 28th. Rodgers also knows that Aguero is missing. And both Negredo and Dzeko dont have the argentinian´s hability. They are great players but both prefer to play in the area, a total diferent type of game that Aguero has. Clichy will play left-right probably, so Coutinho may be the man to create chances for Liverpool. I think the game will be tight, Liverpool will try to collect a point, so i will avoid this one because i wont be surprised with something like 1-0, 1-1, 2-1 or even a win from Liverpool. I would go with Under 3.25 1.9 on Sbobet or 2-3 goals on 188bet. But i dont bet unders. GL to all

Re: Manchester City v Liverpool > Boxing Day As a Liverpool fan I might be biased but anyway here goes: The first reaction one has is 'lump on City' - they are near invincible at home, after all (I've personally made quite a sum betting on them scoring large amounts of goals at home). However... We musn't forget that Liverpool have Suarez, who I think is worth at least a goal just by himself in this form. (I'll eat my hat if he doesn't score against Demichelis). City are also missing Aguero - their best player and Suarez's only realistic competition for Top Scorer - and Zabaleta, who is quietly their best defender. We are not without injuries ourselves, with both Gerrard and Sturridge missing out, but we seemed to do alright against Spurs without them. (There is also an argument to be made that we are better off without Gerrard here - his technical attributes are still there but Lucas-Allen-Henderson as a combination offers far more in terms of movement and workrate, which will be vital against Yaya and co; indeed, there is even a group of Liverpool fans that claim that he should be benched, although I think against smaller teams especially his range of passing more than makes up for his physical shortcomings, and I believe only Ozil has more PL assists this season.) Liverpool's result against Spurs may have been aided by the red card and Spurs' tactics (a high line containing Dawson is ridiculous; a high line containing Dawson against the team with maybe the best running off the ball and some very fast athletes is suicide) but it is still a statement to score five at the home of one of the best teams in the league. Obviously we aren't going to score five tomorrow but I can't see City keeping a clean sheet, and with a bit of luck we could nick a draw or maybe even a win. I won't be betting on the result as I don't see it as at all clear-cut (though I did say that before their games against United, Arsenal, Spurs...) but goals seem to be the bet of the day here. Over 3.5 is going at around 2.1 and I think that is too good to turn down given City's home form - which is so good they often cover the bet themselves - and Suarez. Rodgers has been bullish ahead of the game and I feel Liverpool will attack rather than sit back and wait for City to break their backline. Add to that defensive injuries for both sides and I think this looks like a goalfest. Good luck everyone!

Re: Manchester City v Liverpool > Boxing Day Good to remember that the depth in quality of both teams sees internationals on the bench for City if the game needs to be impacted or tactics changed, whereas Rodgers doesn't have that luxury. So he wants as much as he can squeeze out of his players before he brings on someone from the bench. Here is their benches for their last games: [TABLE=class: playerstats lineups substitutions table, width: 277] [TR=class: odd, bgcolor: white] [TD=class: shirtnumber, align: right]34[/TD] [TD=class: player large-link] M. Kelly SI.png for J. Flanagan 55' [/TD] [TD=class: bookings][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: even] [TD=class: shirtnumber, align: right]5[/TD] [TD=class: player large-link] D. Agger SI.png for Philippe Coutinho 83' [/TD] [TD=class: bookings][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: odd, bgcolor: white] [TD=class: shirtnumber, align: right]1[/TD] [TD=class: player large-link] B. Jones [/TD] [TD=class: bookings][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: even] [TD=class: shirtnumber, align: right]4[/TD] [TD=class: player large-link] K. Touré [/TD] [TD=class: bookings][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: odd, bgcolor: white] [TD=class: shirtnumber, align: right]6[/TD] [TD=class: player large-link] Luis Alberto [/TD] [TD=class: bookings][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: even] [TD=class: shirtnumber, align: right]9[/TD] [TD=class: player large-link] Iago Aspas [/TD] [TD=class: bookings][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: odd, bgcolor: white] [TD=class: shirtnumber, align: right]12[/TD] [TD=class: player large-link] V. Moses [/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE] [TABLE=class: playerstats lineups substitutions table, width: 278] [TR=class: odd, bgcolor: white] [TD=class: shirtnumber, align: right]15[/TD] [TD=class: player large-link] Jesús Navas SI.png for E. Džeko 58' [/TD] [TD=class: bookings]G.png 78'[/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: even] [TD=class: shirtnumber, align: right]7[/TD] [TD=class: player large-link] J. Milner SI.png for S. Nasri 75' [/TD] [TD=class: bookings]G.png 83'[/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: odd, bgcolor: white] [TD=class: shirtnumber, align: right]14[/TD] [TD=class: player large-link] Javi García SI.png for David Silva 84' [/TD] [TD=class: bookings][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: even] [TD=class: shirtnumber, align: right]17[/TD] [TD=class: player large-link] J. Rodwell [/TD] [TD=class: bookings][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: odd, bgcolor: white] [TD=class: shirtnumber, align: right]30[/TD] [TD=class: player large-link] C. Pantilimon [/TD] [TD=class: bookings][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: even] [TD=class: shirtnumber, align: right]38[/TD] [TD=class: player large-link] D. Boyata [/TD] [TD=class: bookings][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: odd, bgcolor: white] [TD=class: shirtnumber, align: right]60[/TD] [TD=class: player large-link] J. Guidetti [/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE] Notice that against Fulham, the subs came on and got 2 goals. To make 2-2 into 4-2. So they had a great impact. Look at Liverpool subs. With Sturridge and Gerrard out, we are seeing Agger come on to give Coutinho a rest. And Flanagan is a youngster.

Re: Manchester City v Liverpool > Boxing Day Liverpool have scored 28 goals of their 42 this season,in the first half.City are generally better in the second half but they still have an average of 2 goals in the first half of their 8 matches this season(16 goals scored in 8 home game first halves). I fancy Both teams to score in the first half, best price 5/2 with SkyBet

I agree Man City are not the same side but with all due respect ,Liverpool have improved greatly since the turn of the year and have only lost 4 games out of last 20 on the road and i actually believe they may get something out of this game providing they score first Q :will Man city win ??? A : most probably BUT if the favorite or the in form side won every time they went on to the pitch , we wouldnt watch sport would we ? And to reiterate ive based this on stats , are they relevant ?? who knows ?? but i'll get more for my buck than laying Man City Merry Christmas and GL to all having a punt on this game
You haven't answered the point that was put to you at all.

Re: Manchester City v Liverpool > Boxing Day Over 3.5 looks like a certainty. The winner is also certain for me: Man City. Like stated above, City destroyed every team that's at the topp of the table so far in the Ethihad. Of course there is Suarez, but that's basically the only weapon they have. If Liverpool is going to attack, and play for the victory, I see plenty of space and a lot of goals for Man City, simply because i'm not impressed by Liverpools defense. Looking at each position, I think Man City has better players in 9 of the 11 cases.

Re: Manchester City v Liverpool > Boxing Day Don't want to overthink this one, City at home at over 1.8? Against a team that are completely overachieving based mostly on the talents of 1 player? City should be closer to 1.55-1.6 here in my book. Aguero out doesn't change much for me, City have been knocking goals in all over the place and haven't been overly reliant on their frontmen, virtually the whole team seems to be in scoring form. Of their last 16 goals (over last 4 games, all competitions), Aguero has only scored 1. The rest have come from: Toure (2), Kompany, Navas, Milner (2), Kolarov (2), Dzeko (2), Negredo, Fernandinho (2), Silva (2) That's from just 4 games, lol. Liverpool have had some high scoring games too lately, scoring 17 in their last 4, but 10 of those have come from Suarez. Shut down Suarez effectively (easier said than done I admit) and Liverpool are much less threatening. Also note that 3 of those last 4 games were against teams ranked 14th (Norwich), 15th (Cardiff) and 17th (West Ham), and the other was against a struggling Tottenham. In contrast, 2 of City's last 4 were wins over Arsenal and Bayern (scored 9, conceded 5) I don't even need to quote City's home stats, but in Liverpool's last 5 away they have 1 win (Spurs), 2 Draws (Everton and Newcastle) and 2 losses (Arsenal and HULL!). Bottom line I just don't see Liverpool getting anything out of this. They'd need an impressive defensive performance just to stop City from breaching the O2.5 on their own, and I can't see them going goal for goal aginst City and keeping up. I'll take City @ 1.84 on Betfair with a smile. Win or lose this price is a late XMas gift IMO.

Re: Manchester City v Liverpool > Boxing Day What a cracking game but A dodgy keeper and a dodgy lines man and two very good spurned chances cost Liverpool there. Well done to those backing man city I thought my draw bet was in for a shout. What I will say not many will test city at home like that this season

Well, both sides will miss one of or maybe their best player for this game in the likes of Steven Gerard and K. Aguero. I think this will affect the game. The loss of Gerard is bigger for Liverpool than the loss of Aguero for City in my opinion. Ofcourse Liverpool played some good games without him but that was especially at home against weaker teams. In top games, you miss someone like Gerard cause he often carry's the team and his vision, work rate and goal threat are important. In my eyes one of the best leaders in-game. Away from home they often struggle and Suarez can't win every game on his own. He is amazing but City knows this as well. They will be well prepared to lock Suarez down. Ofcourse he can score anytime but don't forget that City will too. They showed against Arsenal that they can put out a huge amount of pressure on the guests. With so much quality on the pitch and especially technicall players, there will be space exploited. Aguero is along with Toure city's best player and extremely important. His goal threat, work rate, finishing skills are amazing and he can score out of the blue and make the difference in any game. But, and there is a big but. I think this would affect City in a more negative way when they would have played away. At home they really dominate against any opponent nowadays, great possesion play and since they create so much chances in front of goal, I have no doubts other players will step up. They have one of the best squads in the world and Toure, Silva, Negredo, Dzeko, Silva can all score goals. In away games there is less pressure from City's side and they have a more tactical plan. Teams often tight up at the back when they face City and spaces are small at the back. Chances are slim and Aguero is one of the best to still create something in small areas. Ofcourse Liverpool will try and do the same in this game but their defense is not that reliable. They conceded a lot and we saw in many games that City can score early goals so than they have to open up. Their midfield will get outplayed if City reaches their normal level so no way they can hold them down for 90 minutes. If city can find a early goal I expect a lot of goals in this game. I have the feeling City rather wins games at home with scores like 4-2 than 1-0. I expect a strong performance and an entertaining game. I''ll back the home win with medium/high stakes. Medium stakes on over 2.5 goals and city to win. City -1.5 handicap small stakes. Goodluck all!
Well, good game for me! Handicap was possible late in the game but it was a very tight and entertaining game! Congrats all

We played City off the park last season at the Etihad IMO, but only managed to come away with a point in a 2-2 draw. We are much improved this season, especially recently with Suarez absolutely on fire. It will be a brilliant game, and City at home are very very strong, but they are bit short for me. No Aguero, no Zabaleta... and Demichelis in defence! Who looks very poor. We press non stop, and I envisage him having a nightmare up against Suarez with Sterling's pace and Henderson's non stop running beyond the forwards. Would I be surprised if we win? not at all. Sat top, in great form, best Striker in the World (arguably) in the side. Rodgers has stated were going there to win, attack attack attack. Like we did against Spurs and won convincingly. BETS: Liverpool + 1 @ 11/10 Raheem Sterling Anytime Scorer @ 4/1 - Sterling gets chances, his direct style and pace see him often bearing down on goal. He has 3 goals in his last 4 games, and I wouldn't not be surprised to see him add again here against a make shift defence.
Robbed by an incompetent Ref. You cannot take such an occurrence into consideration when betting!