PDC World Championship - 13 Dec - 1 Jan

kevshat

Re: PDC World Championship - 13 Dec - 1 Jan Friday afternoon previews: 4pts J.Pipe (-2.5 sets) to beat D.Petersen 10/11 Coral Experience could be crucial for Pipe here and I’m sure he won’t be too disappointed to be playing first so he can get the job done before the crowd get too much amber nectar down their necks, especially as he’s playing a crowd pleaser. You rarely get a poor performance from Pipe these days and while Petersen hits a lot of big scores he has some loose throws too and it is those loose throws which could cost him dear here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/pipe-vs-petersen-betting-justin-pipe-can-prove-too-strong-for-the-popular-south-african 4pts R.Burnett Over 6.5 180s 11/10 Ladbrokes This should be a very good match and one which could well be close throughout. I wouldn’t be at all surprised if all seven sets are needed to separate these two men and with that in mind Burnett’s 180 line looks on the low side. Even if he gets done over easily he will still score well so seven 180s looks well within his reach particularly as he hit nine against Hamilton in the previous round. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/burnett-vs-white-betting-richie-burnett-can-continue-to-score-heavily-at-alexandra-palace 4pts W.Newton vs R.Thornton - Over 23.5 legs 5/6 Ladbrokes This has the look of another close match. Matches between these two are generally quite tight and this one should be no different. They drew when they met in the Premier League even though Newton wasn’t at his best in that tournament and I think we’ll see a lot of fifth leg deciders in sets here. I think we’ll see at least six sets in this match so that’s more enough darts to see the over 23.5 legs come in. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/newton-vs-thornton-betting-tie-of-the-third-round-should-have-plenty-of-legs

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: PDC World Championship - 13 Dec - 1 Jan Richie Burnett v Ian White - Burnett 6/5 Bet365 Burnett looks like a real reformed character at the Ally Pally so far and I think this can continue v Ian White. He wiped aside an extremely tough Andy Hamilton last time while White hobbled over the line v Kim Huybrechts. White is a solid player and perhaps due a big run at the World Championships but I feel Burnett's form is stronger and he should go through. Newton v Thornton - Over 5.5 sets 8/13 Bet365 Both these players looked irresistible in the last round and I think this could go all the way. Not much else to add. Van Barneveld v Webster - Berneveld win 2/7 McBookie Barney should be really buoyed by Taylor's exit, perhaps more so than any other player, and I can't see him losing to the Welshman tonight. Webster is confident in himself at the moment and may take a couple of sets so I'm refraining from playing RVB on the handicap. A nice little treble for me.

Re: PDC World Championship - 13 Dec - 1 Jan Friday evening previews: 3pts K.Painter to beat S.Whitlock 21/10 Stan James Matches between these two are often tight affairs and with the way Painter has played in this tournament so far there’s no reason why this will be any different. With that in mind Painter is overpriced at anything above 2/1 particularly when we factor in Whitlock’s lack of ability to finish matches off when he’s in front. There’s enough to suggest that Painter will be able to hang around here and when it gets tough he has the ruthless streak to get it done. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/whitlock-vs-painter-betting-kevin-painter-looks-overpriced-to-send-the-aussie-packing 4pts M.Smith Most 180s vs P.Wright 11/10 Skybet Peter Wright’s quality could well be enough to see him through this match but Smith showed in the last round that he isn’t to be underestimated. One area of the game Smith will have the upper hand is in the 180 hitting. He hits plenty of them with his strong scoring whereas if Wright sticks with his new darts he isn’t going to hit so many as he showed in the last round when he only hit two 180s in six sets despite playing well. With that in mind I’m surprised Smith is odds against in the most 180s market here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/wright-vs-m-smith-betting-michael-smith-can-hit-more-maximums-than-wright-in-third-round-game 4pts R.Barneveld vs M.Webster - Over 10.5 180s 8/11 BetVictor Webster has hit a lot more 180s than we’ve been accustomed to seeing from him in this tournament and if that continues, and there’s nothing to suggest it won’t, then the 10.5 180s line looks low because Barneveld scores heavily whenever he plays. At this stage of a tournament with everyone playing well enough two 180s per set isn’t asking too much and I think we’ll see five or six sets so this target looks well within reach. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/barneveld-vs-m-webster-betting-180s-line-looks-a-touch-low-in-friday-finale

Re: PDC World Championship - 13 Dec - 1 Jan

Painful watching Burnett hit that many 140s after starting with two T20s
I was thinking the same but he can be such a whiner at times. He was not concentrated at all with every bad dart he threw he acted like a drama queen and that acting got him out of his rhythm every time. I think Barney vs Webster over 11,5 180´s @ 1,85 Unibet is a reasonable alternative overs bet for tonight. In the last round they both played 7 sets and scored a total 13 180's combined in their respective matches. I do think this will be a very tight match. They are both in good shape but not great so I do not think any of them will dominate the match. I expect at least 6 sets and a good fight that should get Barney to bring back his ability to score heavily in these sort of matches.

I was thinking the same but he can be such a whiner at times. He was not concentrated at all with every bad dart he threw he acted like a drama queen and that acting got him out of his rhythm every time. I think Barney vs Webster over 11,5 180´s @ 1,85 Unibet is a reasonable alternative overs bet for tonight. In the last round they both played 7 sets and scored a total 13 180's combined in their respective matches. I do think this will be a very tight match. They are both in good shape but not great so I do not think any of them will dominate the match. I expect at least 6 sets and a good fight that should get Barney to bring back his ability to score heavily in these sort of matches.
:ok damn Burnett was close to ruining my day.

Re: PDC World Championship - 13 Dec - 1 Jan Saturday afternoon previews: 4pts M.King (+2.5 sets) to beat A.Lewis 6/5 Paddy Power I think Adrian Lewis will win this match but I find it staggering that Mervyn King is odds against to win two sets. Not just odds against but 6/5 which are crazy odds really. Even if you ignore the emphatic head to head in King’s favour it is clear he is playing well at the minute and he certainly has the darts to take a couple of sets off Lewis here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/a-lewis-vs-king-betting-mervyn-king-can-make-the-two-time-champion-work-hard-in-third-round 4pts D.Petersen (+2.5 sets) to beat J.Wade Evs Boylesports I see no reason why Petersen won’t give a good account of himself in this match. Whether he has it in him to beat one of the game’s greats remains to be seen but we haven’t seen Wade anywhere near his best in this tournament and if he doesn’t improve this will be another battle. Wade isn’t one for blasting opponents away so I think Petersen will be able to keep with him and certainly win two sets if not four. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/wade-vs-petersen-betting-devon-petersen-can-give-wade-a-scare-in-third-round 4pts M.van Gerwen vs G.Anderson - Over 12.5 180s 8/11 Ladbrokes I think this has the potential to be a cracking game of darts and one which if both players play to their potential should produce an awful lot of 180s. Van Gerwen hits 180s for fun when he gets going and we all know what Anderson can do around the 60 bed so we are right to expect a lot of maximums to be hit. The 180s line is 12.5 which is likely to only need five sets for these two to cover it let alone the potential of seven sets. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/van-gerwen-vs-anderson-betting-two-big-maximum-scorers-can-plough-in-the-180s-on-saturday

:ok damn Burnett was close to ruining my day.
He came close to costing me a fair bit of money as well. His throw is an absolute joke, it shouldn't be anywhere near the quarter finals of the World Championship. A professional should be embarrassed to throw with such poor technique.

He came close to costing me a fair bit of money as well. His throw is an absolute joke' date=' it shouldn't be anywhere near the quarter finals of the World Championship. A professional should be embarrassed to throw with such poor technique.[/quote'] Embarrassed, why should he be embarrassed? Remember Jocky Wilson. Everyone has a different style of throwing and Burnett is doing fine with his.

Re: PDC World Championship - 13 Dec - 1 Jan Well said Chris :ok. Saturday evening previews: 4pts P.Wright vs W.Newton - Over 7.5 sets Evs Coral These two are evenly matched in past meetings. Both have won six matches each against each other but based purely on what we’ve seen in this event I think Peter Wright is a worthy favourite here and I think he’ll come through this but I don’t think it will be all one way traffic. Whether Newton has the numbers to go toe to toe with Wright over nine sets remains to be seen but he can hold his own for large parts which should see this match have more than 7.5 sets. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/newton-vs-wright-betting-opening-quarter-final-should-be-close-throughout 4pts S.Whitlock vs I.White - Over 7.5 sets 6/5 Skybet Simon Whitlock has been on easy street in this tournament so far but he’ll need to move to another avenue for this match because Ian White represents a very tough challenge. Unlike Kevin Painter, White isn’t going to wilt and White’s consistency will ensure he pushes Whitlock to the full. Whether White has enough to win we’ll have to wait and find out but barring some sort of misfortune I would be very surprised if this has less than 7.5 sets. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/whitlock-vs-white-betting-whitlock-can-be-taken-the-distance-in-quarter-final

Embarrassed' date=' why should he be embarrassed? Remember Jocky Wilson. Everyone has a different style of throwing and Burnett is doing fine with his.[/quote'] He should be embarrassed because playing darts is his job and presumably something he dedicates many hours a week to, so one of the absolute basics of that should be to get the technique right. There's no technique there at all and it was quite cringeworthy to watch as the match went on, him lunging at the board more and more and his performance getting worse and worse. You'd expect players' technique to go on the odd dart here and there particularly under pressure but for a professional to have such poor technique as Richie Burnett is baffling. It's up to him but there's no way he can compete at the top of the modern PDC unless he fixes it. Why he doesn't take the time to work with a coach and sort the problem is beyond me. It almost seems quite arrogant for someone to reach that age and that stage of their career with such poor technique. It's something you might see from an up-and-coming youngster which they would quickly iron out in order to compete at as high a level as possible. It's almost as if Richie thinks 'well I won the BDO World Champs in 1995, there's nothing wrong with my throw.' The guy does alright, like you pointed out, but this is just such an obvious way to hugely improve his game and potentially go up a level that it makes no sense to not have done it. It should have been done 20-odd years ago.

Well said Chris :ok. Saturday evening previews: 4pts P.Wright vs W.Newton - Over 7.5 sets Evs Coral These two are evenly matched in past meetings. Both have won six matches each against each other but based purely on what we’ve seen in this event I think Peter Wright is a worthy favourite here and I think he’ll come through this but I don’t think it will be all one way traffic. Whether Newton has the numbers to go toe to toe with Wright over nine sets remains to be seen but he can hold his own for large parts which should see this match have more than 7.5 sets. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/newton-vs-wright-betting-opening-quarter-final-should-be-close-throughout 4pts S.Whitlock vs I.White - Over 7.5 sets 6/5 Skybet Simon Whitlock has been on easy street in this tournament so far but he’ll need to move to another avenue for this match because Ian White represents a very tough challenge. Unlike Kevin Painter, White isn’t going to wilt and White’s consistency will ensure he pushes Whitlock to the full. Whether White has enough to win we’ll have to wait and find out but barring some sort of misfortune I would be very surprised if this has less than 7.5 sets. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/whitlock-vs-white-betting-whitlock-can-be-taken-the-distance-in-quarter-final
I am not sure if White can give this Whitlock in his current form a game. Whitlock is in such good shape I think he will be headed for the final if he keeps this up. I was not too impressed by White´s game he was lucky Burnett just did not finish his chances and he stole the win. I think White is along the level of Painter and he was wiped out yesterday by Whitlock. White had to use a lot of powers yesterday as he played 7 sets and Whitlock had a relatively easy game without too much pressure. I think Whitlock will be really fresh still. Think it would be good to be very careful with over sets bets in this game.

Re: PDC World Championship - 13 Dec - 1 Jan Gerwen - Anderson Van Gerwen is in great shape and threw 11 180's in a 5 setter in his last match. I think he will get a little bit more resistance from Anderson, albeit not much but enough for 6 sets. Having seen Gerwen's current ability to hit the 180's easily I will play. There is not much time left so I will keep it short: Gerwen to throw over 7.5 180's @ 1,7 BWIN

Re: PDC World Championship - 13 Dec - 1 Jan Gutted. Went in fairly big on Anderson because the odds seemed too good to be true, but he just doesn't have the bottle to come through matches like that. Darts to win each of the first four sets, but clear wilting in key moments. Probably go for a simple Whitlock/Newton double tonight but not got much money to play with now.

Re: PDC World Championship - 13 Dec - 1 Jan Hi all, Apologies if this is the wrong place to be asking this question but I'm new to darts betting so am not familiar with this part of the forum. Anyway, I'm looking to do some modelling of darts results in order to rate each player and create fair prices and in order to do this I would need results data with as much detail as possible and ideally but not necessarily in CSV/Excel format (e.g. 3 scores in legs and sets, 3 dart averages etc). If anyone could point me in the right direction it would be much appreciated. In exchange I'd be happy to share my findings on the forum once I've put something together (it will take a while but I'm hopeful that it will be worth the wait). Many thanks JF

Re: PDC World Championship - 13 Dec - 1 Jan For Tonight: Whitlock - 2,5 SETS Handicap @ 2,00 Bwin Whitlock is playing Ian White and the Wizard is in fantastic shape. So far he has not even lost a set during the tournament and after seeing his last game against Painter I am fairly convinced he will steamroll over White too. White is a decent player that really profited from an awful Burnett in his last round. I expect him to win a set but that is it. This handicap is a very sharp line so I would not recommend big stakes but I think it is sufficient for a small stake. Whitlock is in such great shape and White is the kind of player that relies on the mistakes of his opponent not one that can just make play and dominate a match. I don't think Whitlock in his current form and with his experience in tournaments will make many mistakes tonight. Taking into account that White just played a very tight and mentally demanding 7 set game yesterday and Whitlock had an easy game without any real mental pressure I think Whitlock will be much fresher on the stage and is capable of overrunning White. Newton - Wright 3bets here for me, considering these two were throwing some great darts in their last match I expect that this will be a very tight game. They same very evenly matched and it would not suprise me at all if this will be a nine setter. Both Newton and Wright are mentally strong players so if they are behind in sets they still manage to keep their concentration and not whine like an unhappy child, the behaviour that cost thornton and burnett their respective matches. I think this will be a very tight clash and therefore I am betting over 7,5 sets @ 1.91 Paddypower. The bookies have favourited Wright but I do not agree. Newton is playing some very sharp darts and had a much easier game yesterday. Wright had a very demanding and mentally tough game in which he had to invest a lot of energy. I think Newton will be fresher and as the underdog feel little pressure to have to win. Newton is also very sharp on the doubles in his last match he had 41% checkout percentage against Burnett and before that 44% against Part which is high and better than Wright's last 2 matches. His scoring ability is on the same level as Wright's so I think his sharp form on the doubles will give him the edge in this tight match. Even the line with the handicap gives a nice price. Taking Newton + 1,5 SetHandicap @ 1,85 Bwin The last bet for me is Highest checkout score in the match Over 138,5 @ 1,85 Bwin. Like I said Newton is very sharp on his doubles and Wright is rather good at throwing high checkouts. Wright managed a 161 finish against Micheal Smith and a 151 against Joe Cullen. Given the amount of sets I expect in this match I do believe somewhere there will be a +140 finish by either one of the players.

Newton - Wright 3bets here for me, considering these two were throwing some great darts in their last match I expect that this will be a very tight game. They same very evenly matched and it would not suprise me at all if this will be a nine setter. Both Newton and Wright are mentally strong players so if they are behind in sets they still manage to keep their concentration and not whine like an unhappy child, the behaviour that cost thornton and burnett their respective matches. I think this will be a very tight clash and therefore I am betting over 7,5 sets @ 1.91 Paddypower. The bookies have favourited Wright but I do not agree. Newton is playing some very sharp darts and had a much easier game yesterday. Wright had a very demanding and mentally tough game in which he had to invest a lot of energy. I think Newton will be fresher and as the underdog feel little pressure to have to win. Newton is also very sharp on the doubles in his last match he had 41% checkout percentage against Burnett and before that 44% against Part which is high and better than Wright's last 2 matches. His scoring ability is on the same level as Wright's so I think his sharp form on the doubles will give him the edge in this tight match. Even the line with the handicap gives a nice price. Taking Newton + 1,5 SetHandicap @ 1,85 Bwin The last bet for me is Highest checkout score in the match Over 138,5 @ 1,85 Bwin. Like I said Newton is very sharp on his doubles and Wright is rather good at throwing high checkouts. Wright managed a 161 finish against Micheal Smith and a 151 against Joe Cullen. Given the amount of sets I expect in this match I do believe somewhere there will be a +140 finish by either one of the players.
Cracking start of the night :ok Over 7,5 sets = Won Newton + 1,5 Sets = Won Checkout over 138,5 = Won Now whitlock to win with the handicap for the icing on the cake :clap

Great calls Ziener. Doubles safes Newton a lot during this match, didnt expect it would be a match like this. Whitlock now this or next set for a excellent evening for you.
He dropped the ball unfortunately at 4-1. I thought he would get it as he was just cruising towards an easy victory. But White suddenly becomes superman when he is behind so that is one to remember for the future. Did not get a 100% tonight but it was a good one. I will try to put up some more bets tomorrow.

Re: PDC World Championship - 13 Dec - 1 Jan Good calls in here guys :ok

He dropped the ball unfortunately at 4-1. I thought he would get it as he was just cruising towards an easy victory.
You'll find that happens a lot where Whitlock is concerned...
Hi guys Any thoughts on my query about data? Many thanks JF
I don't know of anywhere. It may be a case of having to trawl the PDC website and the darts database one :ok Sunday previews: 4pts M.Webster (+2.5 sets) to beat M.van Gerwen Evs Bet365 I’d be surprised if Michael van Gerwen doesn’t win this match but I would be even more surprised if Mark Webster doesn’t provide a significant test for the wonderkid. Webster has played well in this tournament and while he his averages haven’t sparkled throughout the tournament there have been patches in each match where he has looked world class. A couple of those patches here should see him to the two sets he needs to cover the handicap. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/van-gerwen-vs-webster-betting-mark-webster-can-provide-a-tougher-test-than-the-odds-suggest 4pts A.Lewis vs J.Wade - Over 7.5 sets 11/10 Coral This has the potential to be a fantastic match between two of the best players in the game. Wade finally showed up in the last round which should have done his confidence no harm and he knows he has beaten Lewis plenty of times in the past. Lewis has shown superb form throughout 2013 and never lacks in confidence either so I’m expecting a high quality match here which goes beyond 7.5 sets. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/a-lewis-vs-wade-betting-last-of-the-quarter-finals-all-set-to-be-a-classic

Re: PDC World Championship - 13 Dec - 1 Jan Games for tonight: Lewis - Wade Safe to say this is a match up between the kings of the check out. These two have been the sharpshooters on the doubles during the tournament. It won Lewis the match against King, despite a very disappointing 3 dart average he threw a check out percentage of 54% against Mervin King. That is one of the highest scores in the tournament. Against van de Voort Lewis had a 47% percentage. Wade threw a 52% check out percentage against Petersen and 56% before in the round against Smith. It's a rare event to get two check out kings like that in a match up so it is no surprise that some of my recommendations would be to seek value in the Check out's market. The highest finishes of both gentlemen: Wade finished: 122, 121,141. Lewis finished: 115, 146, 126. Now they will both get an opponent that requires utmost concentration and the best of their play. Al tough I favor Lewis, Wade is such a tricky player that with his tricky slow play and tempo changes will succeed in getting Lewis out of his rhythm. So there could be quite an amount of sets as Kevshat already mentioned. With their current form on the doubles I would be surprised if not one of them threw another high check out therefore I am playing: Highest checkout in the match over 138,5 @ 1,85 Unibet. Yesterday I recommended a similar bet with a good check out player, close match-up and a good high finisher, only in those circumstances I would ever take the 170 finish long shot but I wasn't in the mood for it and afterwards I was slapping myself because there was one!This is probably the last match I would ever tip such a long shot. Now the definition of long shot is in the word itself, do not expect it to win it's a pure gamble but I could only apply that one to a match where there are 3 conditions met; high finishers, close match-up, and great check out percentages. This is probably the last match in the tournament that meets these conditions so here goes the long shot: Will there be a 170 finish: yes @ 6,40 Bwin I favor Lewis in this match and my feeling is that he will be able to beat Wade 5-2 5-1 or such but I do not dare to bet anything on it as like I said before, Wade slows the match down. He throws slowly, he walks slowly, he pauses to irritate his opponent and he will take Lewis out of his rhythm. When Lewis played Vd.Voort, who plays in his tempo, he threw 9 180's in 5 sets. But against King who does not play like a race horse he only got 3 180's in 5 sets. So Lewis to throw under 10,5 180's @ evs Bwin looks tasty to me. But the risk here is that it will be a 8 or 9 setter and then it can be tricky. I find it hard to estimate what Wade is capable of in this match so do be careful with putting high stakes on that latter one. The problem with Wade is that it will depend on his mental stability of the day and that is usually not that great. Any sort of bets on him I usually avoid as the man seems to surprise me or disappoint me at random occurrences. I like his check out talent and that is what I will try to use to my advantage today. As for the other match I cannot find anything of value. The Handicap on van Gerwen would be my pick but it is an extremely sharp line with -3,5 and only takes two bad sets of him to bust it. I will skip this match.