Group B - Chile v Australia > Friday June 13th

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617]

[TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=class: firstColumn]Chile v Australia (23:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.83[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.2[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]6.5[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]93.74 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

• 5 months later...

Re: Group B - Chile v Australia > Friday June 13th Wow, odds are hugh in my eyes. Expected something like 1.60 max! This is absolutely a decisive game for Chili. If they fail to beat australia their chances to qualify would become rather slim. Odds will surely drop before kick-off especially if Vidal makes it on time. I will definitely have a peace of these odds early on. Like you said, Australia changed a lot in their team, does not mean they will be weaker than in previous years for sure but they will definitely lack experience for games like this. Chili on home ground will be too strong for them I guess.

Re: Group B - Chile v Australia > Friday June 13th I actually feel this one might be an Over 2.5 game, and I rate current odds of 2.10 on some bookies as big value. Chile's approach is quite gung ho and Australia will have big trouble in stopping them. Although, Chile's defense gets themselves quite exposed with some good attack transition procedures. This one might turn out to be something like a 3-1, 4-1, as I feel that Australia might actually score one on a good counter, or after a set piece.

Re: Group B - Chile v Australia > Friday June 13th Australia plays second last friendly tonight against South Africa before jetting off to Brazil. Of course I will be supporting my country but from a betting perspective I just cannot see us getting anything from these games. With another defender in Curtis Good now injured, our depth is horrendously worrying. At this stage it looks like the back pairing will be Spiranovic and McGowan. These guys are quality defenders in their respective leagues (Australia and China) but against far superior opposition I am very worried. Too early for game predictions yet but I was surprised by the opening price for Chile!

Re: Group B - Chile v Australia > Friday June 13th After Australia's lackluster performance against a South Africa side which was missing 15 regular players (http://sports.yahoo.com/news/australia-struggle-draw-south-africa-132304286--sow.html), I forsee it might be tough for the transitional Australia squad to get anything against Chile. Let's see how the Australian team are adapting to the weather conditions when they face off Croatia in the final friendly before WC.

Re: Group B - Chile v Australia > Friday June 13th i don't expect australia to get out of the group but they always seem to create a buzz in their team especially when they are underdogs and give surprising performance. i don't believe they will sit back and be quiet but going in this match and having a real go at their opponent which inclines me to think it could be open match and definitely both teams to be on the scoresheet

Re: Group B - Chile v Australia > Friday June 13th Chile-Australia Bet: Chile -1AHC @ 1.95 (Pinnacle) (4/10) I definitely see value on Chile here. This is an absolute must win match for them as their two other opponents in this group will be Spain and the Netherlands and that these matches will be harder to win is clear to everybody in and around the team. Against Australia they have few advantages. Their support will be much higher playing in Brazil. As well as quality and experience which are an advantage for Chile here. Australia is one of the weakest teams in this world cup and they know they can play quite freely. But I still don’t see them having a chance here against Chile. Chile is playing a very interesting tactic. Their players are used to a lot of differenc tactics due to their clubs and the coach wants to take advantage out of this. So he already said that the team will even change the club within games quite often to make it harder for their opponents. A tactic that I think can be quite good especially in the first game against Austrlia.

Re: Group B - Chile v Australia > Friday June 13th I have moved on this as I can see it going down further. I don't see any real threat from this Australia team, they don't really have a goal threat other than Cahill and I also can't really see them sitting back for 90 minutes in which case they will suit Chile perfectly. The defence is woefully inexperienced with most players only having a handful of caps. Jedinak had a fantastic season with Palace but is struggling to be fit for the tournament, Cahill continues to impress and his headers will be one of their key attacking weapons but he is certainly now in the twilight of his career, young striker Taggart is a good prospect but totally inexperienced and you wonder if he will get enough service to make a real impact. They got the worst group going and will certainly be going home early. Chile will know it is vital they win this game, it is good to have the weakest team first as they can really set themselves up for qualification from the group stage. They look in reasonable shape, the defence is the big concern without a doubt and I do worry about them on set pieces as even Northern Ireland caused them problems the other night and you only have to look at their qualifying results to see how many they concede, the 3 man defence is often exposed on the break. However they should have Vidal back for this match - he came on for the last quarter of an hour the other night - and he is a vital midfielder for them, linking the midfield with the attack and carries a considerable goal threat. Sanchez looks a different player to how he was in the final months of the season at Barca and he is certainly the main man in this team. Valdivia got a decent run out the other night, would be a boost if he was able to play in the playmaker role, he is able to excite and frustrate in equal measure as Palmeiras fans will know. The Brazilian club has sold him, bought him back, ordered psychological evaluations over consistent fouling and bad attitude, but he is still one of the best attacking players in the league and a vital component for Chile. I expect Chile to win this game, they run for days and will close down in all areas of the pitch, their results and performances over the last year have generally been very good and that is one of the reasons plenty of people - including myself - are backing them to get out of this group. Australia aren't a terrible side but they have very limited attacking nous and players who have little experience at this level after the cull of the golden generation. If Chile can find their groove they could win this by 2 or 3. I'm operating on a flat 2 point max bet in all WC games so it isn't really an indication of confidence in the bet. Chile-1.0AH - 1.91 - pinnacle - 2 Points

Re: Group B - Chile v Australia > Friday June 13th I just wanna suggest a different aproach in this one. I think everybody agrees that Australia will lose to Spain and Netherlands, so if you bet on Australia to get less than 0.5 point on group stage @2.10, you are actually betting on Chile to win @2.10.

Re: Group B - Chile v Australia > Friday June 13th

I just wanna suggest a different aproach in this one. I think everybody agrees that Australia will lose to Spain and Netherlands' date=' so if you bet on Australia to get less than 0.5 point on group stage @2.10, you are actually betting on Chile to win @2.10.[/quote'] Agree on this - worth checking which odds are better though between this and a treble of Australia to loose every game. I got 2.2 on the treble yesterday with WH.

Re: Group B - Chile v Australia > Friday June 13th Chile -1 13/10 365. Chile's problems lie in defence and not their attack. And this Australia team will be lucky to get out their own half. Vidal possibly being out would be a worry, but even without him this is an impressive chile side more than capable of putting a few past a lackluster Australian team. They will be resileant but if Chile can breakthrough early and force Australia to push a few people further forward then we could see a lot of goals going in.

Re: Group B - Chile v Australia > Friday June 13th 5pts Chile HT/FT 6/5 Paddy Power I expect Chile to lay a marker down here. They haven’t been dampening their chances down, quite the opposite in fact. They are happy for everyone to know that they are confident and here to go well and I expect to see that from the first whistle. They press high up the field and I would expect Australia to make a number of mistakes in key areas which can lead to Chile leading early before running out comfortable winners. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/chile-vs-australia-betting-chile-can-dominate-weak-australia-from-start-to-finish

Re: Group B - Chile v Australia > Friday June 13th Chile and Over 2.5 @ 2.30 for a 0.65 stake Eduardo Vargas TSA @ 2.75 for a 0.40 stake This one looks very straightforward to me. Chile are a full attacking team, Sampaoli is a Bielsa-influenced manager which enjoys the 3-4-3 that's based on pressure all over the pitch, having over 60% possession, but with more direct play than your Guardiola typical team. Chile have some outstanding quality upfront, with the likes of Vargas, Alexis and Valdivia and now Vidal (looks like he recovered), and on a good day, can fight against anyone. They have shown their quality in friendlies against Spain (2-2 with Spain scoring the draw in the stoppage time, 2-0 on Wembley, lost 0-1 against Germany but fully dominated the whole match) Chile know they have a chance in this group, and so they know that the group could be decided by goal difference or goals scored, as Spain and Netherlands will be more difficult. So I'm expecting a strong start from them, and I can see them scoring at least 2/3 goals without no trouble at all against a very unconvincing and transitional Australia squad. Australia can also score one though, Chile's style of play is very risky and they could get surprised at the back. Chance of Over 2.5 is good, but I just can't see Chile not winning here, so those odds at 2.30 are to back. While I expect Chile to score 2 or 3, Edu Vargas could be one of those goalscorers. On great form on recent friendlies, Alexis doesn't have that much importance in terms of goalscoring in this Chile team and Vidal might just not be fit enough to play the 90 mins and without match fitness to get himself next to the finishing zone as often. Edu Vargas is usually your man to back for goals, and I feel he could score one tomorrow.

Re: Group B - Chile v Australia > Friday June 13th Chile -1 (Asian Handicap) @ 1.875 Bet365 (5 Points) Not quite sure why Chile are on the drift but I'm more than happy to take advantage of it. The word on the street is that Vidal could start tonight which only strengthens the case. But with or without him I fancy Chile anyway. They have a strong squad and a well drilled system which really puts pressure on the opposition. I'm not quite sure Australia will be the pushover some expect. Their athleticism alone will make them competitive and I fully expect them to target set pieces as their best chance of taking something from games. A small Chile defence may struggle to deal with the likes of Cahill on corners and free kicks. Ultimately though I expect Chile's quality to shine through and I think they have the attacking capability to breach the Aussies defence. And once the first goes in it will mean Australia will have to go for it creating a more open game which would suit Chile and provide them more chances. With money returned in the event of them winning by just the one goal, there's plenty to like about this bet.

Re: Group B - Chile v Australia > Friday June 13th Can't say I have much hope here. I personally think we could surprise Holland but I think Chile will be too much. We've played top quality opposition recently in the form of France and Brazil and lost both 6-0. We played not so great opposition in Ecuador and lost 4-3. Chile should win comfortably and I think we could see a number of goals here. Over 5.5 Goals @ 21 Betfair - For reasons mentioned above. Alexis Sanchez MOTM @ 4.5 Ladbrokes - His skill and pace is exactly the kind of qualities our defence cannot handle. With Vidal not looking likely to play I think this is great value. Also small bet on Chile 6-0 @ 240 Betfair -- For no other reason than we lost 6-0 to Brazil and France.

Re: Group B - Chile v Australia > Friday June 13th 10pts Chile (-1.0 AH) @ 1.90 Bet365 I'm surprised I can still get this price on this handicap. Unless I'm missing something I think Chile should most definitely win this game and it is just a matter of how many they can put past Australia. Without a doubt Australia are going to be the whipping boys in this group and with Spain and Netherlands to come, it looks grim for them. It will be interesting to see what kind of motivation/attitude Australia will have in this World Cup. Both Brazil and France have beaten Australia 6-0 in friendlies late last year. Add to that the fact they shipped 4 goals against Ecuador in a recent friendly, it does not look too good for them. Chile on the other hand won both their warm up matches 3-2 against Egypt and 2-0 against Northern Ireland. Sure they are not world class oppositions but the mood in the camp has to be positive for them. They also lost by 1 goal to both Brazil and Germany in recent friendlies showing that their quality is not too far off from the very best. Chile are a very attacking minded team and should do more than enough to cover this handicap (or at the very least win by 1 goal, in which case our stake will be returned)

Re: Group B - Chile v Australia > Friday June 13th This will be a corner festival in my opinion. Australia will be in defense most of the game and is not able to clear the attacks without suffering several corner calls. And on the counter attacks they will gain some corners, too.

10pts Chile (-1.0 AH) @ 1.90 Bet365 I'm surprised I can still get this price on this handicap. Unless I'm missing something I think Chile should most definitely win this game and it is just a matter of how many they can put past Australia. Without a doubt Australia are going to be the whipping boys in this group and with Spain and Netherlands to come, it looks grim for them. It will be interesting to see what kind of motivation/attitude Australia will have in this World Cup. Both Brazil and France have beaten Australia 6-0 in friendlies late last year. Add to that the fact they shipped 4 goals against Ecuador in a recent friendly, it does not look too good for them. Chile on the other hand won both their warm up matches 3-2 against Egypt and 2-0 against Northern Ireland. Sure they are not world class oppositions but the mood in the camp has to be positive for them. They also lost by 1 goal to both Brazil and Germany in recent friendlies showing that their quality is not too far off from the very best. Chile are a very attacking minded team and should do more than enough to cover this handicap (or at the very least win by 1 goal, in which case our stake will be returned)
Very good points. I also believe that Chile is a strong attacking side and a team that plays on very fast pace. Once they score the first goal, it should be an easy ride for them tonight. Best of luck to both of us. 5/10 Chile (-1.5 AH) @ 2.50 Marathonbet

This will be a corner festival in my opinion. Australia will be in defense most of the game and is not able to clear the attacks without suffering several corner calls. And on the counter attacks they will gain some corners' date=' too.[/quote'] Chile like crossing from the wings and Australia do not care about conceding corners neither. On these, I have placed a bet on over 10.5 corner @2.00 with bet365. I have lost on corner bets in the Brazil vs Croatia and Spain vs Netherlands games, therefore fingers crossed on this one.

Re: Group B - Chile v Australia > Friday June 13th Late goal by Chile to secure the 3-1 win. Wasn't entirely impressive against Australia though, who had their chances to grab a point. On seeing how open Chile defence was, I forsee more goals from this Group B....