** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Eurovision Song Contest 21st May 2005

Re: Eurovision Song Contest 21st May 2005

In case this site hasn't been posted http://www.keithm.utvinternet.ie/05index.htmis probably the best info I've seen on each entry with about a main section complemented by about a dozen worldwide views on each song.
Interesting - according to this poll results, Serbia & Montenegro are clear winners (Greece 2nd by a lot too), the number of participants isn't big though so a massive error factor would have to be built in - maybe top four? My money is on Greece (over a month ago) - still think they'll be the ones to beat, though Norway should get a lot of points, and possibly Malta too. I see Ireland are gone - doesn't suprise me in the slightes, we had a rubbish song, though they tried there best I could never see them advancing to the final.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Eurovision Song Contest 21st May 2005 :eek The price on Greece winning has changed a lot in the last 24 hours yesterday Paddy Power had 5/2 for Greece winning, now it's 13/8. By the way Boyles is a much better price interested 2/1 - but even that has closed from 7/4 yesterday. Is there something I'm missing here - thats a big, big close in prices. :eek

Re: Eurovision Song Contest 21st May 2005 Dunno what to make of this one....big plunge on Greece last year but the had a 'decent' entry well performed as they decided to sod the real winner of their song for Europe and replace them with a ringer. That didn't suceed.......... but the betting market saw lots of late money for Ukraine and that proved to be correct....I just dont see Greece or Norway winning

Re: Eurovision Song Contest 21st May 2005 Thinking of putting a little bit on Malta as well - Have quite a bit on Greece @3/1 (4.00), but I agree with some posters when they say that they don't really stand out as they are similar (albeit a bit better) than some of the others. I saw a bit of some of the others and I must admit Malta impressed me (as much as a Eurovision song can) - at least she can sing, which must put he in the top 10. I remember a big girl from Malta coming in 2nd to Israel a few years back to - one problem though - Malta probably don't have many "friendly neighbours". Have doubts about Norway - I think there too off-main stream to pick up enough votes, they may get some 12's but I'd say some low/no votes too, given there music tends torwards a more specific taste. Then again Hungary weren't bad last night either - best of all of them yesterday IMO (which wasn't hard - Bulgaria and more shockingly Croatia (who qualified :eek ) were horrific). Someone said earlier on this thread Bulgaria was a sad song - that's an understatement.

Re: Eurovision Song Contest 21st May 2005 Some absolute shockers got through last night that sent a couple of accas down (Croatia :eek Lativa :eek ) but Denmark at 13/8 and Moldova at Evens saw me level after qualifying (posted earlier). Level I ask you :sad Hungary :clap were the best performers last night so the group bet they beat Norway, Switzerland, Iceland (no longer there) and Malta looks ok. Paddys have now removed their market - I don't think I'll bankrupt them but 2/1 is a silly price IMO. Still looking to the toe tapping dancers to make it a decent profit overall.

Re: Eurovision Song Contest 21st May 2005 Following quote is from the late Komp.

i'll tell you what Zonker if the bottom 4 DONT qualify i WONT post in PL again. I mean that.
For interest the bottom four were:
Hungary To Qualify For Final ~ 1/6 Iceland To Qualify For Final ~ 1/7 Lithuania To Qualify For Final ~ 4/7 :eek Netherlands To Qualify For Final ~ 4/9 :eek
Don't know about you guys, but the irony of that quote hit me hard !! :dude Col

Re: Eurovision Song Contest 21st May 2005 Slim pickings from the bookies as regards match-betting and it seems only Victor Chandler and Bet365's have bothered. Maybe some hope for Saturday afternoon. Eurovision Song Contest - Match Bet - Croatia v United Kingdom * Croatia 4/11 (VC), 1/2 (Bet365) * United Kingdom 15/8 (VC), 8/5 (Bet365) * Tie 14/1 (Bet365) Eurovision Song Contest - Match Bet - Cyprus v Turkey * Cyprus 4/9 (VC) * Turkey 13/8 (VC) Eurovision Song Contest - Match Bet - Denmark v Serbia & Montenegro * Denmark 5/4 (VC) * Serbia & Montenegro 4/7 (VC) Eurovision Song Contest - Match Bet - FYR Macedonia v Ukraine * FYR Macedonia 4/7 (VC), 5/8 (Bet365) * Ukraine 5/4 (VC, Bet365) * Tie 14/1 (Bet365) Eurovision Song Contest - Match Bet - France v Germany * France 4/6 (VC) 8/11 (Bet365) * Germany 11/10 (VC, Bet365) * Tie 16/1 (Bet365) Eurovision Song Contest - Match Bet - Greece v Norway * Greece 4/7 (VC) * Norway 5/4 (VC) Eurovision Song Contest - Match Bet - Hungary v Switzerland * Hungary 4/6 (VC), 5/6 (Bet365) * Switzerland 11/10 (VC), 'evens' (Bet365) * Tie 14/1 (Bet365) Eurovision Song Contest - Match Bet - Latvia v Israel * Latvia 10/11 (VC) * Israel 4/5 (VC) Eurovision Song Contest - Match Bet - Malta v Bosnia & Herzegovina * Malta 4/5 (VC), 5/6 (Bet365) * Bosnia & Herzegovina 10/11 (VC), 5/6 (Bet365) * Tie 20/1 (Bet365) Eurovision Song Contest - Match Bet - Romania v Moldova * Romania 5/6 (VC) * Moldova 5/6 (VC) Eurovision Song Contest - Match Bet - Russia v Albania * Russia 4/6 (VC) * Albania 11/10 (VC) Eurovision Song Contest - Match Bet - Spain v Sweden * Spain 11/10 (VC) * Sweden 4/6 (VC) Afew specials that some are offering but it looks like I'm trying to exploit Bet365 particularly this market of "What will the winner's points total be?" and "What will the winning margin be?": 264 & Under 5/2 265 - 277 inclusive 11/2 278 - 290 inclusive 7/2 291 - 303 inclusive 4/1 304 - 316 inclusive 5/1 5 & Under 10/3 6 - 12 inclusive 10/3 13 - 19 inclusive 9/2 20 - 26 inclusive 11/2 27 - 33 inclusive 6/1 34 & Over 3/1 ....last year's winner the Ukraine got 280 points and they beat Serbia & Montenegro by 17 points. http://www.esctoday.com/annual/2004/participants.php ....2003's winner Turkey got 167 points and beat Belgium by a mere two points. http://www.esctoday.com/annual/2003/participants.php Could be Greece, Norway and possibly even Hungary, Switerland or Romania matching last year's duel between Ukraine, Serbia & Montengro and Greece or even the battle royale between Turkey, Belgium and Russia from 2003? Although my maths is shocking as proved when severely underestimating George Galloway's support in the General Election so I may take a mulligan on tackling this monster. :o I'll try to do something more productive over the next few hours than whatever the hell I did on Thurdsay morning in trying to pick a few winners in those match-ups than just following some MLB matches on CBS Sportsline and rooting for Cincinatti to beat Cleveland and Pittsburgh to beat Colorado (I've got them in a win double!).

Re: Eurovision Song Contest 21st May 2005 YES! Finally a winning bet and it's an MLB win double hidden in a Eurovision thread. :eyes :lol Seriously contemplating taking on Centrebet with their 2.25 on offer for HUNGARY TO FINISH IN THE TOP 4. ....still more thinking to do though.

Re: Eurovision Song Contest 21st May 2005 In case anyone's interested, who voted for who last year: http://www.doteurovision.com/2004/finalscore.html ...and a graphics intensive one of their starting order and points total: http://www.doteurovision.com/2004/default.php I've gone for a huge £50 four-fold to win £356.70 at Victor Chandler (although it says estimated return of £395.69....they're out by a tenner on the receipt). Strange that they didn't want to accept my seven to qualify/three to not qualify ten-fold over the phone on Thursday night but it saved me £50. The magic four I want are: * Serbia & Montenegro at 4/7 to beat Denmark (5/4) ESCToday think Serbia can finish 10th and that Denmark will finish 19th. No Name to beat the no talent Ronan Keating wannabe. * Macedonia at 4/7 to beat the Ukraine (5/4) ESCToday think it'll be tight at the bottom with Macdeonia finishing 23rd and the Ukraine last in 24th. If Thursday proved anything macedonia will get some of the Eastern Bloc votes although it's hard to imagine that they'll embrace Ukraine's political entry. * Romania at 5/6 to beat Moldova (5/6) Flip a coin as to who will get the rock votes (probably Norway). Romania are tipped to get third by ESCToday and Moldova 11th. * Israel at 4/5 to beat Latvia (10/11) Pure gut instinct from the semi-final that even if one of the Latvian guys lost their voice they still qualified. Israel should tubthump them. ESCToday suggest Israel will finish 7th and Latvia 16th. No room for mistakes in these four coin-flips although all it takes is a huge difference of opinion to fook it up (they decide to embrace the Ukraine's song, etc;). Might have one or two more bets later. :unsure

Re: Eurovision Song Contest 21st May 2005 Do you read any of my long-winded posts? :lol From the previous page: http://www.doteurovision.com/2004/default.php Starting position (from top to bottom, Spain performed 1st, Sweden performed 24th), total points as well as finishing position. Have found out that all 39 countries will do the scoring (three more than last year) which I feel will mean the final total will be more than 280 points. £25 at 4/1 that the winner's points total will be 291 - 303 inclusive with Bet365. £20 at 5/1 that the winner's points total will be 304 - 316 inclusive with Bet365. Gawd, I'm like an overactive blindfolded fat kid taking too many swings trying to hit the pinata. :rollin Last year's scoring (countries go in alphabetical order) before you ask: http://www.doteurovision.com/2004/finalscore.html

Re: Eurovision Song Contest 21st May 2005 read somewhere, and i ve verified it via multiple sources, that failing to meet a certain quota of phone calls or phone messages in one country will render the telephone voting system inelligible and a back up commitee for the country will do the scoring, something that happened in the semis with andora, monaco and albania, which should put a spin to the end results, not sure in which way, perhaps more towards geopolitical tactics and quality of the song, so here's something worth considering.

Re: Eurovision Song Contest 21st May 2005 well not long and I'm still saying there's value to be had as I don't think either of the front pair Greece or Norway will get enough support I've £10 E/W Romania at 40/1 from before semi but I've taken same again at 20's today + £20 E/W @ 9's on Hungary....just think they'll get the all important share of Balkan votes:lol Good Luck what ever you choose hope y'all survive to the end :rollin

Re: Eurovision Song Contest 21st May 2005 FINAL (21 May) - Running order 1. Hungary 2. UK 3. Malta 4. Romania 5. Norway 6. Turkey 7. Moldova 8. Albania 9. Cyprus 10. Spain 11. Israel 12. Serbia & Montenegro 13. Denmark 14. Sweden 15. FYR Macedonia 16. Ukraine 17. Germany 18. Croatia 19. Greece 20. Russia 21. Bosnia & Herzegovina 22. Switzerland 23. Latvia 24. France

Re: Eurovision Song Contest 21st May 2005 Strike me with an electric cattle prod, but don't all these songs sound the same? :spank Lay the u.k. 'song' like b*ggery. My goldfish sings better than that. :\ Nothing better to do until the Madrid match kicks off. :loon Spreadman, in groundhog day land.

Re: Eurovision Song Contest 21st May 2005 omg how fit are half the women on there, think i will wait until the end of the songs and have each way on the countries with the fittest fittest women, i have it down to about 3 already though. my goodness did you see them sexy women that were dancing with that lucky swedish singer? Hubba hubba