** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Galatasaray SK v Juventus > Tuesday December 10th

Aidymac

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617]

[TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=class: firstColumn]Galatasaray SK v Juventus (19:45 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.65[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.6[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.15[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.69 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Galatasaray SK v Juventus > Tuesday December 10th From UEFA.com

Group B FC København (4) v Real Madrid CF (13) Galatasaray AŞ (4) v Juventus (6) • Madrid are qualified as group winners. • Juve will be through with a draw courtesy of their head-to-head superiority over FCK. • Galatasaray will be through with a win due to their head-to-head superiority over FCK. • FCK cannot finish in the top two because of their head-to-head inferiority to Juve and Galatasaray. FCK will come third if they win or if they draw and Galatasaray lose.

Re: Galatasaray SK v Juventus > Tuesday December 10th 4pts Over 2.5 goals 1.75 Bet365 When these two met in Italy at the start of the group they drew 2-2 and I think we’ll see some goals in this match too. Galatasaray have to go for this because they need to win but the Italians have shown throughout the group that they have the firepower to trouble anyone. We might see Galatasaray open up a little more than usual which might just play into Juve’s hands. It certainly plays into the hands of goals so I like over 2.5 in this one. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/galatasaray-vs-juventus-betting-expect-to-see-a-few-goals-in-turkey

Re: Galatasaray SK v Juventus > Tuesday December 10th Some value on overs I think, but to me the better bet would be Juventus According the uefa.com report ... http://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/season=2014/matches/round=2000479/match=2011777/postmatch/report/index.html#juve+denied+galatasaray ... Juve seem to have dominated the home match against Galatasaray, and their overall shots on target stats in the group games are massively superior, indicating they have probably been a much better side. Although Juve only need a draw here, I can see them exploiting Galatasaray's need to win to score on the break. If they get a lead, they will probably find it easier to get a second. Juventus 2.05 Boylesports

Re: Galatasaray SK v Juventus > Tuesday December 10th I believe this all depends to scoring updates from Kopenhagen, I'm sure R.Mancini will not be too upset, if Galatasaray finishes the 3rd. I'm not into the speculations, but this is a group consists 3 Italian managers, anyway. Draws at both games will make all of them satisfied... ps: R.Mancini will surely want to win this and qualify next stage, but this is not his team anyway, nothing will happen to him if he loses and he'll face a much superior team, which should beat him if he tries to play "football". When current forms are considered Juve is much better and a revenge situation might occur as well, because of first leg. ps2: Galatasaray is historically match very well against Juve, but those were the old days and I don't think it's a reliable thing to think about. I'll take very small stake, fun double, draw at both Istanbul and Kopenhagen.

Re: Galatasaray SK v Juventus > Tuesday December 10th

From what I have heard' date=' they are playing the remaining 59 minutes of this match TOMORROW![/quote'] Is this confirmed? Because from what I know, an abandoned match is usually restart from the first minute. I thought it was a bit of a stupid decision to abandon the match considering the snow wasn't that bad.

Is this confirmed? Because from what I know, an abandoned match is usually restart from the first minute. I thought it was a bit of a stupid decision to abandon the match considering the snow wasn't that bad.
Confirmed - will play on from the 33rd minute at 1pm UK time

Some value on overs I think, but to me the better bet would be Juventus According the uefa.com report ... http://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/season=2014/matches/round=2000479/match=2011777/postmatch/report/index.html#juve+denied+galatasaray ... Juve seem to have dominated the home match against Galatasaray, and their overall shots on target stats in the group games are massively superior, indicating they have probably been a much better side. Although Juve only need a draw here, I can see them exploiting Galatasaray's need to win to score on the break. If they get a lead, they will probably find it easier to get a second. Juventus 2.05 Boylesports
Result: Galatasary 1 Juventus 0 Bet lost

Re: Galatasaray SK v Juventus > Tuesday December 10th That's the price you have to pay when you play for a draw. It's such a shame because I had Juventus to qualify in my $1150 accumulator which could have won me $15k and this was the last match left. -sigh- I know that Galatasary is a strong team at home but it's still a shock to see a European giant like Juventus being dumped out. I feel sorry for them but then again, if you win 1 game out of 6 you don't deserve to go through. Juve didn't do enough in the whole group stage. Madrid actually did them a big favor by beating Galatasary at home and they can't finish the job themselves. Big mistake from Conte. Juve should have went for the win and not to play for a draw. They were clearing missing Pirlo so Pogba had to drop back to defend and Juve had no attacking in the final third. The game seems set for a draw until Sneidjer scored in the 85th minute. This should be a wake-up call to any teams who decide to play for a draw. Interestingly, there are 4 teams in Juve's situation tonight. Dortmund, AC Milan, Arsenal and Basel. They just need a draw tonight to qualify and I hope they don't make the same mistake as Juve. You always play for a win.

Re: Galatasaray SK v Juventus > Tuesday December 10th i won backing galatasaray to win 1-0. it was inevitable that juventus would fail as signs were there from the beginning. obviously when galatasaray appointed mancini who knows juve very well i knew he would set them up defensively and look to win it by one odd goal as it turned out to be. unlucky to you but believe me it happens to a lot of people. good luck in the future

i won backing galatasaray to win 1-0. it was inevitable that juventus would fail as signs were there from the beginning. obviously when galatasaray appointed mancini who knows juve very well i knew he would set them up defensively and look to win it by one odd goal as it turned out to be. unlucky to you but believe me it happens to a lot of people. good luck in the future
Why didn't you put your bet up before the match? You know full well after-timing is not allowed here, you are here since 2006.

i won backing galatasaray to winarrow-10x10.png 1-0.. obviously when galatasaray appointed mancini who knows juve very well i knew he would set them up defensively and look to win it by one odd goal. unlucky to you but believe me it happens to a lot of people.
Oh.....well........OBVIOUSLY!! HAHAHAA! :rollin "I backed Gala to win 1-0" Yes we're all gullible fools on this forum. You know what, AIDYMAC, you shouldn't post fixtures and prices up until AFTER the match. Then we can call this After's Lounge :D I had no bet on this match for the record. But am a Juve fan. But when I read absolute stupid garbage like what sajtion just posted, I just can't hold it in sorry. Looking through all the contributions before the match can't see your name in ONE post. But after the match. "Oh OF COURSE I didn't just back them to win, I backed 1-0!!!!" "I knew I knew I knew" HAHAHAH "Unlucky to you Armageddon who lost 1150, it happens to all of us" :puke "It was inevitable that Juventus would fail" GEE mate why didn't you give the punters the heads up if it was sooo INEVITABLE?? Least you could have done you scientific genius of sports gambling. :lol Is stupidity a bannable offence?

Re: Galatasaray SK v Juventus > Tuesday December 10th I watched the game (didn't bet on anything!) thought firstly it was a disgrace the game was even being played, pitch was a joke. Juve were by far the strongest side and should have won the game, they only have themselves to blame for failing, they should have walked through that group in second place..Gala will be absolute cannon fodder for any half decent side in the knock-out stages, they are total pony imo.

Is it usual that the bookie doesn't cancel the bet when the game is called off? When i placed the bet I didn't know the game would be held on the next day' date=' at 3 o'clock on a snowy tractor field. Twats.[/quote'] Depends on the individual bookie rules - Pinny refunds all bets - Hills and others let the bet stand for 48 hours in case the game is replayed or resumed Betfair is strange and inconsistent -- some markets are voided and other stand like yesterday I got hammered yesterday because my Pinny side of the arb was refunded but the Hills bet on Juve stood but when Pinny opened the market again Gala +0.5 was around 1.5 when the original bet was 2.08 I had a choice to either take a guaranteed loss by taking 1.5 or let the Juve bet run an hope they won and make a nice profit As Juve were favourites I let the bet run but it was obvious that they were playing for a draw early on in the 2nd half so the bet would have lost anyway - serves the buggers right they got knocked out :@ Maybe on day all the bookies will all have the same rules - especially on things like tennis - and we won't get screwed :)

Is it usual that the bookie doesn't cancel the bet when the game is called off? When i placed the bet I didn't know the game would be held on the next day' date=' at 3 o'clock on a snowy tractor field. Twats.[/quote'] Who did you place your bet with my friend? Different bookies have different rules, and sometimes different parts of the same bookmaker don't even know their own rules. Ladbrokes voided online bets in accordance with their own rules on abandoned games, but bets placed in shops were mistakenly allowed to stand, despite this being against their own rules. So they will have settled possibly thousands of shop bets as losers when in actual fact they were winners, according to their own rules. All this despite them sending an official Tweet on 10 Dec stating that all bets were being voided due to the game being abandoned.

Who did you place your bet with my friend? Different bookies have different rules, and sometimes different parts of the same bookmaker don't even know their own rules. Ladbrokes voided online bets in accordance with their own rules on abandoned games, but bets placed in shops were mistakenly allowed to stand, despite this being against their own rules. So they will have settled possibly thousands of shop bets as losers when in actual fact they were winners, according to their own rules. All this despite them sending an official Tweet on 10 Dec stating that all bets were being voided due to the game being abandoned.
This bloke is misquoting rules and misleading you mate. He is incorrect and bets at ladbrokes stand Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

This bloke is misquoting rules and misleading you mate. He is incorrect and bets at ladbrokes stand Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2
No, I am not misquoting rules and I am not misleading anybody my friend. discipline - If you placed your bet in a Ladbrokes shop then it should have been automatically voided, according to their own rules. They refunded my losing £20 shop bet on Juventus today. So if your bet was with a Ladbrokes shop I'd go down there and get your money back. Full details of the legal argument you should use can be found on the "Ladbrokes incorrectly settled shop bets on Galatassaray Juventus" thread in the Bookmakers section of the board.