WPT Mag Readers Series/ Winamax - PL 1,2,3, AGAIN - wp A.W.E.S.O.M.E.

teaulc

Re: WPT Mag Readers Series with Winamax - Thursday nights in November 2013 Yep, I know any stack can win ;-D, I have had less then 1 BB and made a few good comebacks in tourneys :-) Just been a few weeks since I took down a MTT or cashed good so been my worst run ever! but looking forward to the tourney :-) Can't complain too badly really as winning still for the month and have never had a losing year! fingers crossed, long may that continue! Good luck to all the PL guys, will be nice to meet up at the Poker player Winamax tourney on London :-) for those that have made it so far :-) I am playing in the Brighton GUKPT ME leg next year so I will post something up nearer the time if other people are playing in that tourney :-)

Re: WPT Mag Readers Series with Winamax - Thursday nights in November 2013 Are there any expenses with this? I don't think so, right? So.. 1st place: €550 ticket, but wait months to use it (September if I'm seeing right?), plus pay for flights and four nights accomodation out of your own pocket. 2nd: €200 tickets for no expense and with no waiting time. But it is in Dublin, which I hear is a fun time. :D

Re: WPT Mag Readers Series with Winamax - Thursday nights in November 2013 The time has come for our great value readers’ series with Winamax to come to a close, as tonight the qualifiers from the three preliminary tournaments will battle it out for the €550 WPO Dublin seat grand prize and €865 worth of tournament tickets. Leading the field of 39 qualifiers is PuntersLounger ‘PLNEMO’, who is comfortably out in front and currently holds 17,500 chips, just under 10% of the total amount in play. Breathing down his neck is another PuntersLounger ‘PLsteviec’ who sits on 10,250, while ‘lion_victor’ and ‘sheryo14’ on 10,000 complete the top four, who are the only players to start with five figure stacks. With 36 of the 39 set to finish in the money, we can expect the action to be fast and furious from those at the bottom end of the leader board in a bid to chip up for the final table, as nursing a short stack is unlikely to book those big prizes! Good luck at the tables to all involved; you can find full details of the prize structure below: Grand Final Prizes: 1st: WPO Dublin 2014 Seat (€550) 2nd: 2x €100 tickets 3rd: €100 ticket 4th 3x €20 tickets 5th-6th: €50 ticket 7th-9th: €20 ticket + €10 ticket 10th-18th: €20 ticket 19th-27th: €10 ticket 28th-36th: €5 ticket

Re: WPT Mag Readers Series with Winamax - Thursday nights in November 2013 It was the Omaha leg that got me there, and I was considering a change to it as I used to do well at it years back, but apparently I'm good enough to have my day at this one still, if the luck is with me. :D It was a pressure-free heads-up, as both of us kinda didn't mind the thought of staying home, but I found out during play that I did want the trip after all. Got a while yet. Think they're in like September or October.

Re: WPT Mag Readers Series with Winamax - Thursday nights in November 2013 n1 u got a while ahead 2 plan it and it should be good I didn't mind either tbh but I will try again n try 2 qualify somehow on a package instead of just a seat I suppose still big thanks to wpt magazine as it was a great league :)

Re: WPT Mag Readers Series/ Winamax - PL 1,2,3, AGAIN - wp A.W.E.S.O.M.E. I was reading their page saying about the 'final tonight', and it says: 'Leading the field of 39 qualifiers is PuntersLounger ‘PLNEMO’, who is comfortably out in front and currently holds 17,500 chips, just under 10% of the total amount in play. Breathing down his neck is another PuntersLounger ‘PLsteviec’ who sits on 10,250.' Well, how do they know who's PL, and even if they count themselves as it primarily? Don't worry, I'm definitely one of you and hope they have me down as it.. I was just wondering though.. :)

Re: WPT Mag Readers Series/ Winamax - PL 1,2,3, AGAIN - wp A.W.E.S.O.M.E. It's either: (a) The magazines know everything and are based within the Ecuadorian Embassy in London or.. (b) Both WPT & PokerPlayer magazines are good friends of Punters Lounge. A large number of the editorial staff including editors past & present are themselves members here. The magazines do a tremendous job in supporting, encouraging & enhancing the amateur (& semi-pro) poker experience in the UK. Punters Lounge members have in return always been great at supporting the magazines & all the events & promotions that they put on. The PL bit in usernames is also a bit of a giveaway. It often relates to someone from the PL forum (because we're not very original when trying to think up new player names!) or originating from Poland, or in the case of some of our members both! ;)

Re: WPT Mag Readers Series/ Winamax - PL 1,2,3, AGAIN - wp A.W.E.S.O.M.E.

Well, how do they know who's PL, and even if they count themselves as it primarily? Don't worry, I'm definitely one of you and hope they have me down as it.. I was just wondering though.. :)
If you signed up through the PL affiliate link they know who came from where. Congrats on the wins all, managed to scrape a £10 ticket despite starting with 1750 chips, can't complain.

• 5 months later...

Re: WPT Mag Readers Series/ Winamax - PL 1,2,3, AGAIN - wp A.W.E.S.O.M.E. Getting tired of "Waiting for September", I enquired/creeped about getting tickets credited. That turned out to be "no problem as far as we're concerned" on WPT's part, and Winamax confirmed it was no biggie as far as they were concerned and credited me 3 x €100 and 5 x €50. Mostly played heads-up or 3-handed, but two multi-tables too. Final return was €525, so a LITTLE irked that I'd have been down had it been real money buy-ins. but I figure that disappointment won't be as hard to overcome as some.. ;)

Re: WPT Mag Readers Series/ Winamax - PL 1,2,3, AGAIN - wp A.W.E.S.O.M.E. Well done, still a good conversion rate to be honest, sng's are notoriously vicious for variance, don't beat yourself up over it. Will help to pay for a few Guinesses :ok Great result overall, good experience coming up and you're going from strength to strength.