** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

Ajax v Celtic > Wednesday November 6th

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617]

[TR=class: row1] [TD=class: firstColumn]Ajax v Celtic (19:45 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]10/11[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]5/2[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]7/2[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.58 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Ajax v Celtic > Wednesday November 6th 4pts Celtic (+0.75AH) to beat Ajax 1.90 BetVictor Ajax look a little short to me at both ends of the pitch so taking them at odds on isn’t something I’m too interested in. I don’t know if Celtic will win this match but they can certainly set themselves up to be hard to beat in it which should be enough to see them get a result of some kind to set them up nicely for the two big games to come. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/ajax-vs-celtic-betting-celtic-can-prove-hard-to-beat-in-amsterdam

Re: Ajax v Celtic > Wednesday November 6th Really tough one this, since some poorer Dutch sides recently gave Ajax a run for their money I guess you could state that Celtic can win this. However it is played in the Arena and with their backs against the wall Ajax often rises to the challenge and puts up a good performance. That is what this team has done for the past 2 seasons and it won them the league twice after being 10-15 points behind during the winter break. Then again they had their fantastic creative midfielder Eriksen. Taking everything into account I do have some confidence in Ajax altough they play really under their level in the league recently they put up a good performance against AC Milan and should have won that game if it wasn't for the strange penalty in the dying minutes. Frank de Boer has made it very clear to his team and in the press that the reputation of Dutch Football is at stake tonight. Personally I think that was ruined a long time ago :) As a supporter of the opposition I have seen the ajaxluck so many times in similar situations like this that I tend to give them the benefit of the doubt and take an Ajax home win. The Handicap +1 on Celtic seems just as viable however I know these bastards too well and when it's crunch time they stand up to it. 1,5 point Ajax to win @ 1.83 Paddypower

Re: Ajax v Celtic > Wednesday November 6th Agree with Ziener, when Ajax need to deliver they can play good football. De Boer will make some changes to the starting eleven. Probarly line up Cillisen. V Rhijn, Veltman, Denswill. Boilesen, Blind, Serero, Klaassen, Sigthórsson, De Jong, Fischer. So Boilesen will start as left back and Blind will change to defensive midfielder. De jong will play as striker he is lacking form and asked De Boer for the striker position in the hope he will get his form back. Sigthórsson now has to play left striker, instead of Andersen who will start from the bench. Right striker probarly Fischer but he is out of form for weeks, also Schone could play there. Moisander back in the squad, but not in the starting line up yet, he played 45 min last monday with youth Ajax as a fitness test. De jong always scores for Ajax when he playes as striker in big matches. De jong to score odds 3.25 at unibet

Re: Ajax v Celtic > Wednesday November 6th Difficult game this one, but the value is defenitely in Celtic. Whether you put them on a win, DNB or X2. Ajax are in a really poor form at the moment and are really struggelin. Also the Dutch newspapers report that they're going to switch things up heavily for this match. Boilesen will enter the squad, which means that Blind will move from left back to central midfielder. As a result Poulsen will not play. Also the two winger Andersen en Fischer will not play, they will be replaced by Lasse Schone and Davy Klaassen. This will mean that De Jong will start as a striker instead of a midfielder, Sigthorsson will play as a winger instead of a striker en Schone will also play at one of the wings while he has played on several other positions this season so far. So as you can say, a complete turn around in the squad, which will automatically mean that the players will have to adapt to all the new players and positions. I would go for Celtic X2 of DNB for that reason.

Celtic lost 23 of their last 25 away games in Europe! In all 25 games they conceded at least one goal!
You've got that one wrong mate, don't know exact stats off top of my head but can recall 3 in their last 7 away games which they didn't lose and that included a 0-0 draw and a 3-0 win so haven't conceded in all of their last 25.

Re: Ajax v Celtic > Wednesday November 6th I have been looking at this, and Im considering unders here. @1.85 (bet365) is quite generous. Celtic is will offer what it normaly does in this type of matches, lots of fight and running. Ajax will probably be weary of conceding an early goal, so I dont expect a total offensive from the start. Celtic´s defense seems quite sturdy, so apart from an occasional slipup they are quite tough. Ajax on the other hand in terrible form, last 2 home games have gone under (not counting the cup thrashing of a minorleaguer). Given the importance of the match, Ajax will be a bit more careful and considering their form of lately i wouldnt expect massive attacking towards the goal. Plus Celtic is a tough team, hardly concedes in important matches. I believe it will be a low-scoring afair.

Re: Ajax v Celtic > Wednesday November 6th Yesterday results (all tips with reasoning posted yesterday) 4 W - 3 V - 0 L (+4=3-0) So, let's keep it coming folks! Real Sociedad - Manchester Utd: 2(0) @ 1.95 VOID Copenhagen - Galatasaray: 1X @ 1.78 WON Shakhtar Donetsk - Leverkusen: 2(+0.25) @ 1.95 WON half Manchester City - CSKA Moscow: Over 3 @ 1.78 WON / CSKA score goal @ 2.10 WON Juventus - Real Madrid: 1(0) 1.70 VOID / Over 10 Corners @ 1.825 VOID (7-3!) / Juve Over 5.5 Corners @ 1.72 WON Consider the match at the Amsterdam Arena , in which Ajax in the 4th round of the UEFA Champions League will host the scottish Celtic. You put that in this match will be filed more than 10 corner kicks. In the first match Celtic won 2-1 and corner kicks were filed as many as 18 pieces, and 9 corner from each team (!). Head to heads : 22.10.13 Celtic - Ajax 9:9 (4:2) Match is very important for both clubs. Tournament situation in the group is as follows: Barcelona lead with 7 points , Milan holds the 2nd place with 5 points , Celtic is located on the 3rd place with 3 points , and Ajax closes the standings with 1 point. So, Ajax need today a victory, well, if Celtic win almost guarantees a place in the Europa League and it really is a place in the play- offs. The motivation of the clubs to play to win great , well, not with Barcelona and Milan as they compete. Last games for Ajax : 22.10.13 Celtic - Ajax 9:9 (4:2) 01.10.13 Ajax - Milan 5:4 (4:1) 18.09.13 Barcelona - Ajax 6:4 (3:1) 27.07.13 Ajax - AZ Alkmaar 9:3 (5:1) 14.04.13 PSV Eindhoven - Ajax 6:5 (2:2) Last games for Celtic : 22.10.13 Celtic - Ajax 9:9 (4:2) 19.10.13 Hibernian - Celtic 1:10 (0:3) 01.10.13 Celtic - Barcelona 2:6 (1:4) 28.09.13 Kilmarnock - Celtic 2:1 (1:0) 18.09.13 Milan - Celtic 6:9 (4:6) So, look at the stats. Ajax 3 games in the group stage of the Champions League has filed 18 corner kicks (exactly 6 corners per game) and allowed the opponent to get 19 corner kicks (an average of 6.33 per match). Celtic also in 3 games of the Champions League has filed 20 corner kicks (an average of 6.67 corners per game) and allowed the opponent to submit 21 corner kicks (exactly 7 per game). As you can see , the numbers are impressive. Ajax benefits the advantage of the field is sure to attack, and attack the flanks of the club mainly with permanent shelters in the penalty area. Well, Celtic - a british team , and that's it. I believe in today's game will be served at least 11 corner kicks. GL! Tips: * Over 10 Corners (Asian) @ 1.75 Bet365 * Over 10.5 Corners @ 2.0 Unibet