** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Ligue 2 > October 25th - 28th

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617] [TR] [TH=class: firstColumn]Friday 25 October 2013[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]AC Arles-Avignon v Dijon FCO (19:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]8/5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]9/4[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]19/10[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]103.13 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Chamois Niortais v Istres (19:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]21/20[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]11/5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]10/3[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]103.11 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Créteil v CA Bastia (19:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4/6[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]14/5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]6[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]100.60 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]FC Metz v Angers SCO (19:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]27/20[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]11/5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]12/5[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]103.21 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Le Havre AC v Stade Brestois 29 (19:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1/1[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]23/10[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]7/2[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.81 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Nîmes Olympique v LB Châteauroux (19:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]21/20[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]11/5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]10/3[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]103.11 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Tours v Stade Lavallois (19:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]7/10[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]5/2[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]5[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]103.12 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Troyes AC v AJ Auxerre (19:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1/1[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]9/4[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]7/2[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]102.99 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Saturday 26 October 2013[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]SM Caen v AS Nancy (13:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]9/10[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]9/4[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]103.01 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Monday 28 October 2013[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Clermont Foot v RC Lens (19:30 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]13/8[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]21/10[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]21/10[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]102.10 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Ligue 2 > October 25th - 28th Arles – Dijon The home team have no injury or suspension problems ahead of this match. There is a complete clean bill of health and coach Franck Dumas has even named an enlarged 18 man squad, such are the amount of players available at his disposal. Despite this luxury though he must ensure he picks the correct XI for this match, I’d expect some changes to the lineup which lost 0-1 at Istres last week. Dijon aren’t in the same boat though and do have injuries to deal with. In defence, right back Pap Paye is ruled out and they’ll miss his energetic play. Abdoulaye Bamba isn’t a bad replacement though and should be competent at least. In attack however, Romain Philippoteaux joins key men Tavares and Berenguer on the sidelines. DFCO only have four attacking players in their squad now, and of those four, only Koro Kone would be starting if everyone was available. This isn’t going to be a classic game. It’ll be very tight, congested and likely contain few chances. Dijon are unbeaten in 8 games and one of the main reasons for this run has occurred is because they’ve played tough hard football away from home, aiming to keep things tight. 3 of their last 4 road games have ended 0-0 and I’m sure if you offered them that result again pre match, they’d happily take it. Dijon’s main problems ahead of this game are in attack and it may well be they don’t trouble the scorers. But they can be relied upon to keep a clean sheet because I’m not convinced Arles have the penetration. Most of their matches tend to get decided by 1 goal, many of their contests have ended 1-0 either way so far this season. Perhaps a home win by this scoreline is the most likely outcome, but 0-0 is also a major possibility. In some ways, I’d like to back Arles here, but I’d need a little more value to take them -0.25, so overall I’ll refrain from betting. Prediction: Arles 0-0 Dijon Recommended bet: None Le Havre – Brest There is both good and bad news for Le Havre ahead of this contest. On the positive side, midfielder Tristan Dingome returns from injury, but fellow man in the middle JP Fontaine is ruled out. At the back, Jonathan Rivierez is still out and will continue his pursuit of match fitness with the reserves, whilst upfront Mickael Le Bihan is injured. Striker, Yohann Riviere will probably start this contest. Its about time he started to live up to his reputation as being a key player for them because he’s done very little so far this season. For Brest, they welcome back midfielder Johan Ramare form suspension, right back Ousmane Coulibaly also returns from a ban. But key playmaker Bruno Grougi is out for 3 games following his red card on Monday night against Metz. They have no new injuries to contend with, but a few important players are still on the treatment table. Despite having only lost 1 of their last 9 games, I still think Le Havre have been one of the biggest underachievers so far this season. I expected much much more of them, but to date they’ve only managed to win a couple of matches. HAC have drawn a whopping 6 times already and often struggle to find a way to pick up all 3 points in games. Their main issues are when facing supposed ‘inferior’ opposition who just play tight defensive football. Le Havre can’t break down teams and only perform well against sides who play a more open style. Brest fall into the former category and will almost certainly travel here aiming to pick up a 0-0 draw. The visitors just lost 0-3 at home to Metz on Monday night so coach Alex Dupont is likely to want to place an emphasis on defence. It’s never easy for a team coming off a short week of recovery though, so maybe Le Havre might find a way to win. In conclusion, it’s not a game I want to get involved in. HAC have a terrible record in these type of fixtures when strongly favoured as an odds on shot, but Brest are pretty poor at the moment so who knows. Prediction: Le Havre 0-0 Brest Recommended bet: None Metz – Angers Metz are in good condition, it has to be said. They only have one injury to contend with and that to CB Sylvain Marchal. Of course, He is quite a loss for them but the defence has managed relatively well in his absence. Metz have no suspensions either and welcome back the duo of Metanire and Kahi from bans. It will be hard for the coach to change the XI that beat Brest so convincingly 3-0 on Monday night, but I’d imagine Phillips and Inez will be sacrificed to the bench. Angers of course, continue to be plagued by injuries. But this has been the case all season, its really remarkable how well they’ve managed to do, despite the absence of various important players. A total of 6 players are ruled out here, all of whom you could argue would be in their XI if fully fit. Also bear in mind that their best defender Fabien Boyer continues to be benched for some strange reason. I must say that Angers coach Stephane Moulin has made some strange decisions this season regarding his team selections and squad. He has done things that I most certainly wouldn’t have done, but the key is they’ve been picking up good results. Its also important to know that they haven’t been ‘lucky’ that much, most of their outcomes have been fair and deserved. I don’t fully understand how they’ve managed to do this based on talent at their disposal, especially considering all their injuries. But clearly Moulin is doing something right and Angers deserve some respect. This will be a tough test for them though away at a resurgent Metz side who are in great form. Les Grenats will be buzzing after their excellent 3-0 win against Brest on Monday night but they have to regain their focus quickly now. This is actually a top of the table battle between 1st and 2nd, both teams have really surpassed themselves this season and are performing better than I expected. I did like the idea of backing Metz -0.25, but now everyone is on their bandwagon following Monday night and their price is only average. I think the bookies have their lines spot on, so I’ll refrain from betting. In all honesty this fixture smells very much of a draw anyway, so it might not be a bad thing to leave it alone. Prediction: Metz 1-1 Angers Recommended bet: None Nimes – Chateauroux Nimes aren’t in bad condition here and have no new injuries to worry about. Left back JA Fanchone was a doubt with bruised ribs, but is now expected to start tonight. Of course, key playmaker Vincent Gragnic remains out but they haven’t performed too badly without him in the last couple of matches. Nimes’ main problem position is right back where Jeremy Cordoval is still on the sidelines. Youngster, Jonathan Parpeix has been filling in there to an adequate standard, but he could be a potential weak link. Chateauroux meanwhile, have a decent injury situation although the coach has made a couple of weird selection calls. The trio of De Freitas, Guerreiro and Makengo have all been left as the disposal of the reserves this weekend, these are decisions that I find pretty strange. Didier Tholot has been preferring youth options all season though, so perhaps this shouldn’t come as too much of a surprise. Nimes have impressed me in their last couple of games, both against decent opposition. They beat Caen 2-1 at home and then followed it up with an unfortunate loss at Lens last Saturday. They really deserved a draw in that fixture and performed admirably. It seems like Les Crocos might have finally found some form though and if they keep playing as they have done in recent weeks, I can’t see them having too many problems beating Chateauroux. The visitors are one of the poorest teams in Ligue 2 and an epically awful side away from home. Their record on the road in recent seasons has been horrific and they simply don’t travel very well. Sometimes there is a danger of the home side underestimating an opponent in a situation like this, but Nimes really need the points so I’d expect them to be fully focused. Even @ an odds on price I’m still willing to have a few units on Nimes here, they should get the job done. Prediction: Nimes 2-0 Chateauroux Recommended bet: Nimes -0.5 @ 1.97 4/10 Troyes – Auxerre Troyes have been able to keep a fairly settled squad recently and they have no new injuries to deal with. They welcome back defender N’Diaye from suspension which means either Florian Jarjat or Rincon will probably get dropped. Elsewhere, someone like Corentin Jean or Marcos Dos Santos might push for a place in the starting XI upfront. Auxerre 1st choice LB Marco Ramos is injured here, but his replacement Karim Djellabi is still a solid enough player so they shouldn’t miss him too much. AJA welcome back midfielder Prince Segbefia from suspension, although the duo of Monconduit and Gavory are both ruled out still. This is an interesting game which I expect to be pretty open. Troyes always like to attack at home and Auxerre usually line up in a 4-4-2 formation which creates chances. As for the result, well Troyes are renowned as a strong home team and have won 4 out of 5 here in front of their own fans this season. But they are coming into this contest with some mental baggage following a disastrous finish at Dijon last week. It looked like they were going to win 1-0, but somehow ended up losing 1-2 thanks to conceding twice in the last minute! Troyes could bounce back here, and I’d back them at a bigger price, but not as an odds on shot. Yes, they are better than Auxerre but they aren’t massively better than them. I’d also back over 2.5 goals if the price was decent, but only 2.15 is available. This is so frustrating because I honestly thought that bigger odds would be offered, especially considering 10/11 of Auxerre matches this season have all ended under 2.5. This is a misleading statistic because a lof of their games are open and contain numerous chances, more goals will appear in their fixtures sooner or later. But ah well, this one will just have to be a no bet situation because the value isn’t there. Prediction: Troyes 2-1 Auxerre Recommended bet: None

Re: Ligue 2 > October 25th - 28th Creteil – CA Bastia The hosts have a squad in good condition but do have one new injury to worry about. Midfielder, Ibrahima Seck went down last week with an ankle problem and he’s ruled out here. He’ll be missed because he’s a very energetic box to box midfielder who adds a lot to the team. Some good news for Creteil though, they welcome back key playmaker and captain Jean Michel Lesage. With him back in the side they’ll be far more creative and dangerous. Information surrounding CA Bastia is always fairly hard to find in exact detail, but what is known here is that they are weakened in midfield and upfront. Striker Romain Pastorelli is suspended, whilst in the middle of the park Grimaldi, Oswald, Arnoux and Vincent are all ruled out. Pastorelli hasn’t been as effective at Ligue 2 level, but he is a threat upfront nevertheless and also their joint top scorer (albeit with only 2 goals! haha) Creteil have struggled to win games since the start of the season but this is a really good chance for them to pick up 3 points. The Parisian outfit have only won 1 of their last 9 fixtures but CA Bastia are such a poor side that my local Sunday league outfit would probably give them a decent game at the moment! The Corsicans have to be slightly respected at home, but on the road they are usually atrocious. Even last season in the national division they had one of the worst away records. So far, they’ve lost 5 out of 6 away games this term, with their solitary point against Istres who were down to 10 men for over an hour of that contest. Creteil should be able to get the business done here, they aren’t a bad side in all honesty. It’s worth noting that they’ve had a fairly tough fixture list so far and already played 7 teams who currently sit inside the top 10. They now have their reward following this tough run and I’d expect them to deliver the goods fairly comfortably. A handicap of -0.75 on Creteil might seem steep, but considering who they face it may well turn out to be very generous. Prediction: Creteil 2-0 CA Bastia Recommended bet: Creteil -0.75 @ 1.90 5/10 Niort – Istres Niort have CB Eric Chelle injured here, but they do welcome back Frederic Bong and RB Tristan Lahaye. Neither of them has started a game since August so could be rusty, but both are projected to be in the XI here. Elsewhere, Niort have finally decided to include the attacking duo Jerome Lafourcade and Luigi Glombard in their squad. Apart from a very brief cameo appearance by Lafourcade a couple of weeks ago, neither has had any game time this season, but they could help propel a stuttering and inconsistent offence. Istres welcome back a whopping 4 suspended players, all of whom should start tonight. The defensive duo of Sainati and Barillon should bolster the backline, whilst having experienced playmaker in midfield Jerome Leroy will always be a major boost for Istres. Brazilian Matheus Alves is also available in attack for the south coast club. They have no new injuries to deal with and their squad is looking in fairly good condition. After starting the season unbeaten in 6 games, Niort have drifted off the rails a bit recently. They’ve lost 3 of their last 5, albeit all of those defeats have been on the road, they are usually much stronger at home. This is quite a big game really for Niort because they have to take advantages of these type of opportunities, at home facing pretty poor/mediocre opposition. The big question is exactly which sort of Istres side turns up. They are so difficult to predict and I can never seem to read them correctly. I think this should be an open game which Niort will win, but my prediction and betting record on Istres is horrendous. I’ve predicted the wrong outcome of an Istres game a massive 9/11 times and yet to have a winning bet on them this season. I’ve betted on 6 of their matches and lost 4 times, only managing to pick up a couple of refunds as a best outcome. Nearly a quarter of all of my losing bets in Ligue 2 this year have been on their fixtures! So clearly it’s best I leave them alone! Besides, I don’t really like Niort as an odds on shot in this match anyway, they are too short. Prediction: Niort 2-1 Istres Recommended bet: None Tours – Laval Tours have probably been the healthiest team so far this season in Ligue 2, and once again they have a squad in prime condition. They have absolutely no injuries or suspensions to worry about here and indeed actually welcome back 3 players. The important midfield duo of Cetout and Berenguer return from suspension, whilst attacker Billy Ketkeo is back after a month’s injury. The former two will probably start, but I’d expect Ketkeo to be benched due to a lack of fitness. Laval aren’t in bad condition either. Apart from Sebastien Renouard (who’s always injured anyway), they have no issues. Surprisingly, left winger Damien Tiberi is left out of the squad by choice of the coach. This seems a bit strange as I rate him reasonably highly and gives them a decent option on the left hand side. Realistically, Tours should win this match pretty easily. They are a good team this season and Olivier Pantaloni has got them playing some nice football. Their squad is in prime condition and they just have way more class than Laval. The visitors aren’t quite as bad as their record suggests, but you can’t deny they are a horrible away team. Les Tangos often struggle desperately on their travels and I think they could be in for a tough night here. Their defence is going to struggle to deal with the pace and flair of Tours, and the hosts should be able to score a few goals. Tours -0.75 is my favourite play of the night and I’m pretty confident they’ll at least win outright. But in all truth, I’m expecting them to prevail by a 2 or 3 goal margin in this one. Prediction: Tours 3-0 Laval Recommended bet: Tours -0.75 @ 1.97 6/10

Re: Ligue 2 > October 25th - 28th Caen – Nancy The hosts welcome back important defender Felipe Saad and influential midfielder Laurent Agouazi from suspension. Both will start and really bolster the strength and backbone of this side. They have no new injuries to contend with, although CB Molla Wague and attacker Jonathan Kodjia are still injured and both of those would be potential starters. In general though, the Normans can’t complain too much about squad condition because its pretty good. Nancy don’t have any new problems here. Key midfielder Lossemy Karaboue is still injured, but at least striker Benjamin Jeannot returns after suspension. He’ll have to be content with a place on the bench though because coach Pablo Correa has confirmed that he’ll start with the exact same XI that beat Clermont last week. They’ve had some low points already this season, but lets face the brutal facts, Caen are one of the best sides in Ligue 2. They have to be given plenty of respect because of the talented players they have at their disposal in all areas of the pitch. Prior to the international break they looked a little sloppy and off form, but they hit back well last week to claim a very impressive and convincing away win at Chateauroux. Ok, that was facing a crap side but their professionalism was something which caught my eye, they hardly gave their opponents a sniff. Caen are especially strong at home in front of their own fans and not many teams will be able to avoid defeat at Le Stade Michel D’Ornano this season. They’ve won 4 out of 5 so far, and the one game they lost was in unfortunate circumstances against top of the table Metz. I’m sure many people will look at the odds here and say to themselves ‘how on earth can Caen be such a big price to win this match?’ Well, there are two reasons for this. Firstly, Nancy are just an overrated side full stop. They aren’t bad and have potential, but since their relegation they’ve shown nothing to me which suggests they are a ‘power’ team in this division. Their lack of offensive firepower is especially a concern. The 2nd reason that Caen might be priced bigger than expected is because Nancy have recently appointed a new coach. Pablo Correa is now in charge and ‘new manager syndrome’ worked well for them last week as they beat Clermont 3-2 at home. Correa will certainly have his side lined up organised for this game but he can only work with the tools he has at his disposal. Caen are simply a better team and they are priced too generous in this fixture. Also of course, as I mention every week – away teams have a terrible record in these 14:00 (local) kick off times in France. Add in this factor and it makes me comfortable enough to back Caen for a few units on this -0.5 line. Prediction: Caen 2-1 Nancy Recommended bet: Caen -0.5 @ 1.87 4/10

Re: Ligue 2 > October 25th - 28th Caen lost. Pretty poor game from them and they made loads of individual mistakes here, including a missed penalty 10 mins from time. I'm really amazed Nancy have managed to win this fixture, especially as they were playing away at 14:00. Clearly they are so much more focused with a new manager in charge and must have put a lot of effort into preparations here. If you ever need an example of new manager syndrome then just take a look at them in their last 2 games. An unfortunate way to end the ligue 2 week, but it will still be a very profitable one. It's unlikely that I will bet on the Monday night match, I have no feel for it whatsoever so I'll take the +10 profit for the round and run.

Re: Ligue 2 > October 25th - 28th Clermont – Lens The Clermont squad is in great condition ahead of this match. Their only injuries are long term to Pierrick Capelle and Hugo Videmont. In total, they welcome back 4 players this week, the majority of which are in defence. Their backline was depleted at Nancy last time out in a match they lost 2-3, but Avinel, Lippini and Da Silva all return here which is a major boost. In midfield, holding man Yohan Betch is back from injury too which increases their options. Lens will travel here without important striker Yoann Touzghar, defender Loic Landre is still injured too. But just like their opponents, the visitors have a squad in very good condition as well. Lens are a team I rate very highly, they may even be the best in ligue 2. However, this is one instance when I probably wouldn’t back them because I think they could be in for a tough night. Clermont have to be respected as a solid side, and in a Monday night match like this they’ll fight extremely hard to get a result. The Auvergne outfit have yet to lose at home this season, although have drawn half of their fixtures here at Le Stade Gabriel Montpied. Lens have only actually managed to win 1 away game this term, and that was against 9 man Laval, so hardly anything to write home about. They have struggled a bit on their travels and not shown their true class yet. But of course I do rate the visitors highly and it can’t be ruled out that they find a way to win this match, perhaps in an ugly way. However, so far they haven’t shown enough to suggest they’ll get 3 points here facing a side like Clermont. I favour a draw, and if either side is to win, then I’d say the hosts are more likely. It’s not a game that I fancy betting on, overall I just don’t have much of a ‘feel’ for this contest. No result would surprise me and I think it’s better off being avoided. I can’t even think of a suggested side bet or speculative punt! Really tough game to call and good luck to anyone betting in it. Prediction: Clermont 1-1 Lens Recommended Bet: None