** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

WNBL Season 2013/14

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: WNBL Season 2013/14 Went to the Melbourne-Adelaide game last week and Adelaide lost ALL the one percenters. They are a team lacking heart. Need to be a little mindful however that WNBA 196cm new girl, Shegog, looked impressive, despite low mins and only met her team mates that weekend. Ashley Gayle has departed Sydney but they have done their steam-rolling with small minutes from her anyway. Melbourne-Bendigo UNDER 137 Despite that I'm wary of opposing you on TOTALS, binomial.

Re: WNBL Season 2013/14 i was having a great season running around 20% return until last week and today where i have given the majority of it back, so you want to be opposing me at the moment. that said there were about 10 open 1 footers and layups missed today and about 30 fouls not called which didnt help the total. without hodges 18ppg i think adelaide will struggle to put up a decent score. i will play the under 1.5u

Re: WNBL Season 2013/14 don't really have a feel for how todays game will play out but it seems unlikely to be too intense to me. even though back to backs tend to be unders I am having a unit on over 147.5 on the basis that the majority of Logans starters were poor and might put up some more points today. they only hit 4-12 FTs so even an improvement there would be enough alternatively Logan may drop their bundle so one unit Townsville -7.5 also.

Re: WNBL Season 2013/14 Missed the -7.5, will leave the 8.5. Agree could expect a higher TOTAL.

didn't intend to play anything in this early game but when Bendigo blew out to 1.57 ML' date=' threw them in a parlay with Sydney ML[/quote']Gotta love how things just seem to work out, dont you?!

Re: WNBL Season 2013/14

Gotta love how things just seem to work out' date=' dont you?![/quote'] you lay down with dogs (ie Sydney Uni), you get fleas ... the scary thing is I was actually leaning pretty heavily on playing Sydney -6 until that opportunity at a +ve parlay came along ... been tearing my hair out trying to figure out this losing start to the season - WNBL has been a close second in my best money making sports / leagues since I started betting it six years ago .. never had anything even close to a losing season ... have been looking back at my records from previous seasons and noticed that the vast majority of plays were on the (then) solid teams of league - Canberra, Bulleen & Townsville when the line & or situation was right .. The rest of the teams in the league I just didn't bother with .. In contrast, this season has been largely taken up with plays on two of the poorer more inconsistent, flakey sides - Canberra & Sydney .. It's a sign of arrogance and complacency on my behalf - familiarity breeding contempt ... Whereas in the early years my respect for the league from a betting perspective dictated that I stuck with the solid sides I knew what to expect from .. this season I've clearly taken things for granted and thought I'd just win no matter who I bet ... have also spent far less time reading, researching and digging for info on teams / matchups .. the kick in the pants has been dealt .. its time to get back to what's worked ...

Re: WNBL Season 2013/14 I spent most of last AFL season trying to work out why I was getting my arse kicked. Thought maybe it was just law of averages, which is probably part of it, but in the end it finally dawned that I simply went into the season complacent, not prepared to get into the league with the usual enthusiasm, off cleaning up with some recent leagues. So, what you said backs that up. I think it's essential to get very interested about a season. Even though we might think we are not missing much by following things slightly more casually it actually makes all the difference. I guess that's essentially why guys who bet on multiple leagues never seem to win.

Re: WNBL Season 2013/14 Played: Canberra +11.5 $1.85 1u WC +23.5 $1.85 0.75u After a week off I think Canberra should make this a contest. WC have only lost two of their home games 24 or more and haven't been too bad in their last two games. Melbourne play Adelaide Sunday so may shouldn't really have their foot down.

Re: WNBL Season 2013/14

great call on canberra ML playing Sydney +12.5 $1.80 also mighty west coast lose the third quarter 24-4 and have been killing me lately whether i am on them or against.
Wasn't too hard to take. Canberra led last night by exactly the same margin at half time (6) as when they met in Round-8, only not tired this time. Yeah, thought despite playing teams without motivation the last couple West Coast were deserving of the respect.

Re: WNBL Season 2013/14 Dandenong in sharp form but thought Dalton gave her players a wrong psychological comment when up by nine - it turned around from there. Adelaide @ 1.87 Tricky game to assess but fancy anything down to 1.76 is backable value. Canberra -1 @ 1.88 Increased stake on this one. I expect them to win easily.

Re: WNBL Season 2013/14 i thought sydney's gameplan and defence were terrible. they tried to play at dandenong's pace and didn't bother defending. their new ring in looked decent though. adelaide game is tricky. adelaide couldn't stop poppens and magden last time, not sure they will this time either. but their season is on the line so they could put in a good performance. i like the over.

Re: WNBL Season 2013/14 bit late getting organised and better prices have gone: Canberra -4.5 1.5u Bendigo under 148.5 $1.80 1.5u WC over 144 1u Don't really like any of them that much. Canberra should be able to handle them by put in flaky performances pretty regularly. I think Bendigo will be able to slow the game down but if not there could be plenty of points. Needing WC to get about 60 at home doesn't sound too much but could be well beyond them.

Re: WNBL Season 2013/14 should have heeded the bad vibe i had about last night. playing sydney -6.5 today. logan's starters played big minutes last night in a game that went to the wire. think sydney should be up for this one having lost three in a row and lost in Logan earlier on. plus i think their new player will improve them considerably.

Re: WNBL Season 2013/14 Adelaide +4.5 $1.85 Shegog had 4 blocks and 8 rebounds last week and I am hoping she can keep Batkovic somewhat in check. Adelaide have been handled by the strong defensive teams Melbourne and Bendigo recently but Townsville aren't in this category and off a game in Perth Friday could easily be off their best. Think this should be a contest at least.

• 2 weeks later...